Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz)

Boxer of the Galaxy OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Rowan's Avatar

Re: OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz)

Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    Indeed! Think back to the Archytle Steppe and what it was that you had to move. I don't know how many more there are, but I've fought five strong optional monsters. But I didn't use the "ultimate" weapons. I have them, but I use something else.
    I believe with where I am at now, that I could kill that monster if I attempted it. I have already killed
    Spoiler:
    the 3 giant cactuar, Ochu and weapon

, so I figure I have a pretty good shot at the
    Spoiler:
    long gui

. What I need to focus on is creating a powerful paradigm pack. That will probably be my biggest challenge, farming for abilities and such. Tomorrow I'll write down the level of my roles and my paradigm pack and let me know what you think.

Tsuna Feesh OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Fate's Avatar

I wasn't actually aware that you could...
    Click.:
    fight Ochu and things before Long Gui. Guess the information I read about beating it first was inaccurate.

If anyone wants to know my Paradigm layout, it's pretty simple.

Relentless Assault*: [RAV/RAV/COM]
    Aggression: [COM/RAV/COM]
    Salvation: [MED/MED/MED]
    Safe Subversion: [SAB/SAB/MED] (Might end up doing [SAB/SAB/SEN])
    Recuperation: [SYN/SYN/MED] (Don't really use it much.)
    Tortoise: [SEN/SEN/SEN]

* My starting Paradigm.

Basically, I start with Relentless Assault to quickly Stagger, then switch over to Aggression for Noel to do more damage. Salvation heals me in two seconds, tops, and Tortoise is to cut back on whenever a powerful enemy unleashes an ultimate attack. The other two are rarely used, but some long battles, they do help. I've five-starred everything with this really simple layout. xD

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

As for optional baddies I've beat most of them, as I've still not entered the last chunk of time I believe there is one there. Also having trouble with getting fragment six? from the Steppe.

There are also rare monsters that show up as black masses in certain areas, I've only encountered one and it kicked my chocobo's tail. I wasn't as leveled as I am now though. I only find I use like four paradigms my rav/rav/rav rav/com/com rav/com/med and sab/sen/med. I haven't played in a day or so because the work week started but I plan on trying to finish with 100% completion by the end of the month...except maybe certain gambling aspects of the game that will just take toooo long.
    EBG

Star of the FF Show OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Rising Star's Avatar

Well my stats now are

serah - 99/99/99/99/52/12 COM/SAB/MED/RAV/SEN/SYN
    Noel - 99/99/99/99/50/14 COM/SYN/SEN/RAV/SAB/MED
    Monsters - Flowering Cactuar,Dragoon and Gremlin

Well I found it very easy to level up in this game compared to FF13 Which I Found a tad disappointing but not a big Issue
    at 80/160 Frags although I Am stuggling to get more at this point
    Badly need a SEN Though That pulsework knight is useless tbh serah has more health than it
    At the level i am at now At the level i am at now
    any suggestions ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Okay, So i've been hunting down those fragments, and now I have 53/160 and im still in chapter 4. I have also unlocked a paradox ending for sunleth waterscape. My characters are getting pretty tanky now, but its costing me 810cp per upgrade now so I assume it will slow things down a bit. I have a flanitor (kinda useless), dragoon (deals mega damage) and a pulsework knight (mega tough). Im looking to get a silver chocobo and I know exactly where and how to obtain just so happens that im upto that area now.

Im the kind of person who likes to complete all of the side quests before I finish the main quests, but I realise that it wont be possible. I want to do as many side quests as I can before I finish the main story. To those that have finished it already, are there any optional bosses after the main story that are more difficult to kill than the final main story boss? If so that would perhaps give me a reason to care about getting ultimate weapons etc.

Flanitor's useless? I thought that was supposed to be a great medic? Or do you just not use a medic much?

The Quiet One OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Flanitor is very useful because of the Feral Skill it has that is an AoE heal on you. It is great for a pinch recovery during a bad moment.

As for a Sentinel, most of them seem not to have a lot of a HP. They are supposed to be able to take damage, but I agree they are strangely low. The only Sentinel I've seen with a lot of HP is a Silver Chocobo, at least in a video. Chocobo's in general have a ton of HP, so I'm guessing that the Silver Chocobo would regardless of how you build him. The video I saw had him with 10k+. Plus he makes a great racer apparently.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

I find flanitor useless , dies far too easily. I have serah with a grumpier hat and her using potions for advanced party healing, works far better. I have the silver chocobo as my sent, fantastic ally. I plan to use all chocobos in my pack and utilize the ability that increases strength and magic for using all the same type of monster in the pack.

Flanitor is really, really useful for me, still. Its Feral Link heals about 4,000+ HP for my party, far more than potions. I still have to get Silver Chocobo. But I'm already able to beat everything, so it might as well work towards fragments first.

Update on status:

Play Time: About 70:00
    Noel: Maxed Crystarium
    Serah: Maxed Crystarium
    Fragments: 113/160
    Monsters: Chichu (COM), Flanitor (MED), Bunkerbeast (SEN)
    Trophies: 27/32 (Only 4 more trophies to get; not counting platinum itself)

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

Dayman OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Tezcat's Avatar

I agree on Flanitor. It was in my party from the time I caught it to the end of the game when I played the Japanese version. I also had a sentinel which added buffs - some kind of goblin i've not found yet in the English version, and a gold chocobo or cichu

Gamer Girl OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Sakaea's Avatar

Can you get multiples of each monster crystal? I'm finding it very hard to acquire crystals for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakaea View Post
    Can you get multiples of each monster crystal? I'm finding it very hard to acquire crystals for some reason.
    You can hold one of each, apart from Chocobos, which you can have many of. That doesn't mean you can only catch one though as you can infuse them or release them and catch another after that.

Some monsters are easier to get if you use the feral link abilities of your party monsters or if a monster deals the final blow, I think

Gamer Girl OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Sakaea's Avatar

Ok, awesome. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tezcat View Post
    Some monsters are easier to get if you use the feral link abilities of your party monsters or if a monster deals the final blow, I think
    Ooh, I never knew that; it's very helpful!

Monsters also have a higher rate of turning into crystals if you have the Monster Collector fragment skill, which is gotten by obtaining all fragments from both Vile Peaks.

Maybe I havn't levelled flanitor enough. I have defeated some of the strongest monsters in the game, and I've never relied on a medic... ever. My strategy revolves around begining a battle with SAB/SYN/SENT and after buff/debuffs are complete, I switch too RAV/COM/SENT and finish off the bad guy. Any healing is done with potions by serah with a grimiore hat equipped (doubles potency of potions) and heals everyone in the party. Once the boss is staggered, I switch to COM/COM/COM (cerberus) which often launches boss in the air preventing him from attacking for the duration he is in the air. I find medics somewhat useless in this game.

How do you handle status ailments? I can think of one boss that I had to use esuna quite a few times...
    EBG

Quote Originally Posted by Atma-Noah View Post
    How do you handle status ailments? I can think of one boss that I had to use esuna quite a few times...
    Not sure which boss we are talking about since I've defeated some pretty nasty ones (paradox strength) but I've managed to maintain my health spamming potions until a stagger is ready. If its really bad, switching too SYN/SAB/SENT will give me the edge as SYN can cancel out some negative buffs with postive ones. Things like poison and such dont create enough DPS to kill me/make me worry. Im sure though that there will be a time where a medic might be neccassary. Everyone seems to think flanitor is good, so perhaps I'll just level him a lot and see what he's like. Although it would probably be in my interest to get a green chocobo if my super pack is going to happen.

Anyone know where to find a green chocobo?

I scored mine in Yassif but am not sure which timeline...dang that sucks. There is a sweet med cactuar that can be found by tossing mog in one of the later areas.

Spoiler:
    Go to Dying World to the place endless sands I think. If you open the map you'll see a kinda jut on the western edge of the map go there and stand where the treasure chest is in the jut face slightly north west and start tossing Mog just over the wall, if he bounces right he'll eventually get the cactuar.

I don't want to give any spoilers away but I think it is a lot better than flanitor especially since I used my flanitor to infuse it.
    EBG

OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) cetra_aeris's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Currently just got to Academia 400AF. Going back to do some grinding and get all my Fragments before heading any further. I do have to say, that I managed to gain the Buccaboo Ace in the Plains before I went to Sunleth and he's been a pretty good team mate so far. He started out as a level 3 monster RAV and I've whizzed through most of my battles with him on my team. His Feral ability also gives you a status boost when used as well, so it's helpful in battle.

I haven't tried for any of the Paradox endings yet, though I am curious. I don't get to play as often so I've kinda just went with the flow most of the game till now. (Kids make it a little bit more difficult, but mine likes to steal my controller and try to play for me. XD)

One big question I have however is for the redeemable weapon and outfit for Serah if any of you have gotten it. I seem to have lost my reciept...(Or the little one threw it away. Fascination with the trash can....) So I'm not sure how to go about getting them now, though they aren't important. X3

I'm about to head to Academia 400 AF too, just got Cichu in the Archylte Steppe. Did a fair amount of battling in the AS, levelled up a bit and captured a handful of Chocobos

Hey, Danny, there's a monster whose name is Tezcat-something. xD

I currently am very, very close to platinum. I have 159/160 fragments; last one is for filling the bestiary. I have about fifteen monsters to find. I've viewed all the paradox endings, as well. Currently, I still need the trophies for: 160 fragments, all endings, 100 consecutive pre-emptive strikes, and 10,000 coins in Serendipity.

10,000 coins in serendipity is very easy to attain by simply racing and betting on your advanced chocobos. I just completed the 100 consecutive 'great' initiations for battles and that was a massive drainer >_>.

I'm not looking forward to the bestiary part when I come to it. I have 78/160 fragments and Im in chapter 4 having just reached academia 4XX. I think ive almost done as much as I can do before needing to move on.

I just got the platinum.

I saved Serendipitous and Clock Stopper for last--after I got the ability to speed up the game. The chocobo races took me about 20 minutes to get Serendipitous, and I went to New Bodhum for the Clock Stopper. I messed up at 40-something, but I learned you could simply attack, retry before the enemies die, and attack again because they still appear on the screen. That took about 20 minutes, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    Hey, Danny, there's a monster whose name is Tezcat-something. xD
    Yeah, I noticed - Tezcatlipoca, an Aztec god that I took my username from =p

I finished Augusta Tower 200 AF last night. Got Flanitor, Cichu/Dragoon, Pulse Knight as my monsters at the moment.

Tried the DLC fight, cruised through the first part but got stuck on the second. It felt like I could win it if I sunk about 2 hours into it and had enough potions but I gave up to wait until I'm stronger.

Dynast-King OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Lockduck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tezcat View Post
    I finished Augusta Tower 200 AF last night. Got Flanitor, Cichu/Dragoon, Pulse Knight as my monsters at the moment.
    Just finished that area last night as well. My team consists of Gigantaur, Bunkerbeast, and Buccaboo Ace. Let me tell you, it is going to be tough to get rid of Ace. That guy is GOOD. His feral link is excellent.

*possible spoiler ahead*

Did anyone else think Proto Fal'cie Adam was a cake walk? I took his "arms" out in one turn with Relentless Assault, and took out his body after about 3 turns (stagger after 2). Now that I think of it, I use Relentless Assault almost exclusively and I usually finish a 2 minute fight in 11-15 seconds. Am I just super leveled (99s on all but 2 roles for Serah and Noel, and Ace is lvl 30)? I am finding this game a little on the easy side, but I did a fair amount of grinding due to the great music. Sorry for the long post

Quote Originally Posted by Lockduck View Post
    Just finished that area last night as well. My team consists of Gigantaur, Bunkerbeast, and Buccaboo Ace. Let me tell you, it is going to be tough to get rid of Ace. That guy is GOOD. His feral link is excellent.

*possible spoiler ahead*

Did anyone else think Proto Fal'cie Adam was a cake walk? I took his "arms" out in one turn with Relentless Assault, and took out his body after about 3 turns (stagger after 2). Now that I think of it, I use Relentless Assault almost exclusively and I usually finish a 2 minute fight in 11-15 seconds. Am I just super leveled (99s on all but 2 roles for Serah and Noel, and Ace is lvl 30)? I am finding this game a little on the easy side, but I did a fair amount of grinding due to the great music. Sorry for the long post
    It is easier, it's also very fast to lvl up. I haven't grinded a single time, just collected the fragments (finished the main story with 90) and all my roles are maxed out except one for each character.

I don't have the most amazing gear and my monsters are good but probably far away from being the best in the game but still the last fight of the main was really easy, got 5 stars everytime.

The game would of been probably a bit harder for me if I hadn't played alot of FF13 before, due to the poor tutorials for the new comers.

EDIT: I haven't been everywhere in the game tho'. There are probably good challenging bosses that I will try to fight later but after 40 hours of time played I'm just too bored with the game right now
    Last edited by MAUTADINE; 02-10-2012 at 07:46 AM.

I'd say you're a bit overlevelled but even so, Adam isn't a tough fight because he's quite easy to stagger. I'm about 70 on Com for Noel and Rav for Serah and about 40-50 on the rest and took him out by the second stagger in the second fight I think.

Registered User OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Rave Robber's Avatar

sucks to know that so many people are father then me, i am stuck on this one part and i kinda gave up and now doing mini quests as i get everything up. maybe one day i can one hit kill the boss (like that will ever happen)

Quote Originally Posted by Rave Robber View Post
    sucks to know that so many people are father then me, i am stuck on this one part and i kinda gave up and now doing mini quests as i get everything up. maybe one day i can one hit kill the boss (like that will ever happen)
    where abouts are you? maybe as we're further we can suggest where to go to level or how to get past where you are

Dynast-King OFFICAL FF13-2 THREAD (Use spoilertags plz) Lockduck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rave Robber View Post
    It's not the huge ghast-like guy in Academia is it? I remember trying to fight him multiple times, but I kept getting destroyed. He was hitting my party for around 2.5k, and there was no way I could have beat him at current level.

Maybe this game employs certain features as FF13, where there are just some encounters you come across that you simply cannot defeat at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Lockduck View Post
    It's not the huge ghast-like guy in Academia is it? I remember trying to fight him multiple times, but I kept getting destroyed. He was hitting my party for around 2.5k, and there was no way I could have beat him at current level.

Maybe this game employs certain features as FF13, where there are just some encounters you come across that you simply cannot defeat at the time?
    Even when you're high level he can destroys you when he spawn his hammer fist. When he does you have to kill the fist before attacking him again, I think he's weak against mostly magic so switch to rav/rav/rav when he does (might be mistaken on that one).

If you guys have trouble with bosses the key in this game is to always quickly buff/debuff with syn/sab/syn at all times and switch to /rav/rav/rav, stagger as fast as possible and then com/com/com. You switch to med/med/whatever only if your party hp is going low. The faster you kill them the lower the chances they start bringing out the spells that does massive damage.

When you're on a cod/rav/med class, yeah it might be safer but it sooooo slow, it's only trouble in my opinion. Also when you get 5 stars at everything you kill you gain materials really fast and you can always max out your monsters as soon as you get them.

It's a bit hard to explain haha

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast