Thread: New Trailer for FF XIII-2

Registered User New Trailer for FF XIII-2

New Trailer for FF XIII-2

Check it out and let's talk~!

Battle system looks the same as from the previous game, though I'm sure there are tweaks here and there. Serah is looking for her sister Lightning (whom everyone else seems to think is dead), and she's sporting a new outfit as well. Two new characters are shown: Noel Kriess, and a young lady who hasn't been identified as of yet.

So... What do you all think?
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Blog Entries

Re: New Trailer for FF XIII-2

It looks pretty. I am curious as to what happened to Lightning and all the others-Snow especially-that they're all gone and a new cast has to take their place. Wonder what this new conflict is, because it's not really explained here. This Noel character looks very Bishounen.

That trailer looks pretty, but will I like the game? FFXIII was kinda hit or miss with me, so... Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

.............. New Trailer for FF XIII-2 smurphy's Avatar

Speaking as someone who had huge expectations of XIII but didnt really like it that much I have to say that this looks like an improvement. The locations look a lot more dynamic as opposed to generic narrow paths in XIII. And just before the minute mark I thought I saw what I think might be a town. So far, so good. But it would have been nice if they had at least tweaked the battle system to give the player a bit more control as the paradigm system felt like everything was automatic.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

I want to play a game. New Trailer for FF XIII-2 Zargabaath's Avatar

I'm with you Telegraph on where Snow is as it looks like Noel & Serah may become something. There may be some context clues as to the story. Like when Noel says he wants a future where everyone lives meaning he could come from the future (time travel). Another person added on to say something involving 3rd Birthday and how Toriyama is trying to release the same horrible story (their opinion) twice in a year or close in that time interval. I won't utter what this person said because 3rd Birthday is still relatively new, but for those that don't care, they can ask.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I want to play a game. New Trailer for FF XIII-2 Zargabaath's Avatar

I found some gameplay footage on youtube:

FFXIII-2 gameplay footage 1

FFXIII-2 gameplay footage 2

Perhaps Atlas is a new Fal'Cie, its size reminds me of Titan a bit except not as huge. It also appears that somebody in the party or there is a feature in game that allows the party to recruit monsters. This time they had a flan and in the official trailer there was Pulsework Soldier or something. It appears that the theory of Noel being from the future will not be correct since Serah remarks that Noel has never seen the inside of Cocoon and that they are living on Pulse.

Quote Originally Posted by frankie1984 View Post
    Is Jihl Nabaat, Yaag Rosch and Cid Raines coming back on Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Nothing has been confirmed though they should all still be dead. Of course FFXIII used a bit anime logic in that if the player doesn't confirm the kill then whomever is not dead. With that we did not specifically see Yaag's or Cid's death.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Memento RK New Trailer for FF XIII-2 Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^Am I missing something?

Anyway. This looks like another sick game. It looks like we get to see 2 sides of the story instead of just one. It might not be as linear as the first as well. I shouldn't really say anything not having finished XIII, but I'm working on it.

I still love Lightning. No matter how melancholy she may seem. Makes me wonder wth happened too.

Time Travel FTW!!
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

I don't think this one will be as linear as the first. The first opened up the Mythology for you. This one will probably go deeper into the Mythology
    SPOILER!!:
    and the Invisible World I'm sure
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 New Trailer for FF XIII-2 Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

Here Is Gameplay Footage From The Demo At E-3: YouTube - ‪Final Fantasy XIII-2 - E3 2011 Gameplay Part 1&#x202crlm;

Hope You Enjoy

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Memento RK New Trailer for FF XIII-2 Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I feel like saying to the people commenting: Of course it's the same game. It's FFXIII-2. I felt that X-2 was the same game when I played it too. Except the battle system was different, and the characters/plot changes, but still. Don't base your expectations off the demo.

tbh, I wasn't expecting much to begin with. Knowing how much they cut from the original, it's no wonder they felt the need to make a new game. Why put all of that extra footage to waste? You know?
    Last edited by Yoko; 06-08-2011 at 11:30 AM.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

.............. New Trailer for FF XIII-2 smurphy's Avatar

Big difference between XIII-2 and X-2. Whereas X-2 could only get worse as there was no way a game that was an afterthought would live up to tens illustrious standard, XIII-2 hasnt a lot to lose as most people think that the standard XIII set isnt really that hard to beat. Quite a clever tactic, releasing XIII-2 before Versus XIII because then the bar would be set really high so there is no way XIII-2 can really disappoint.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

Final Fantasy Noob! New Trailer for FF XIII-2 ZenMonkey59's Avatar

Awesome trailer! Glad to see the people from NORA are back...I liked them a lot.

Lightning looks extremely badass.
    Final Fantasies I've Beaten: FFI, FFXIII

Currently Playing: FFIX

Registered User New Trailer for FF XIII-2 Alex's Avatar

This looks truly awesome, it feels as it might fix XIII's flaws.
    That blonde girl, is named Alyssa I think. I'm so pumped for this game!

The British Guy. New Trailer for FF XIII-2 Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I will be buying this game regardless, someone has to give an opinion about the game, plus i think noel looks like a pretty cool character, in conclusion i suppose i will definitely be buying this game and i shall play the crap out of it.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 New Trailer for FF XIII-2 Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

That Trailer Looks Awesome, And I Cannot Wait To Play It!!! OMG, I'm Getting All Excited ^_^ This Game Is Gonna Kick Ass! Hope Everyone Will Finally See How Great The Series Is Once The New Games Come Out. They Fixed The Linear Problem, Thanks To Everyone Who Told Square-Enix About The Linearity Of The Game As A Problem. So They Listened To Your Voices, And Added A Couple Features To Help Guide You Back To Liking The Series. I Had No Problems With FFXIII Whatsoever, Even Though It Is Pretty Linear, I Don't Care, It Is Still An Awesome Game, Siick Graphics, And I Like The Story. So This Next Installment In The Series Should Really Kick-Ass!

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Pfft. What a surprise, the guy looks like a mix of Sora and Tidus. Come up with something new. /over it.

I'll wait until everyone else plays it, and if it's good, I'll buy. I did the same with XIII and I still haven't bothered to buy it. I borrowed it from a friend. It's not a horrible game imo, but not my favorite either.

eehhhh.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frankie1984 View Post
    Is Oerba Yun Fang Coming Back on Final Fantasy XIII-2
    She probably will. But not how you think. I bet it'll be a shot of her encased in crystal holding Vanille's hand. Keep dreaming for now.

I'll be buying the game regardless. I actually liked XIII. Some aspects were disappointing, sure, but it was still beautiful and carried the same Final Fantasy type story we all know and love. Just didn't carry the other things we loved about the franchise. =/

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

ILoveSquats

I'm looking forward to it, as I loved FFXIII. But I do hope there will be some Fang in it - and also that there will be more Lightning in there than my fears are. When I first heard about XIII-2, Lightning was to be the "lead" - now it's Serah and Noel. Though, it's always nice to see a fresh take on things, so I welcome the "new leads". Though my heart is hoping for... yeah. The beast women

Blog Entries

Frankie, I've issued you a warning, and I've explained why. Please stop double posting - for the love of Bob, stop it.

Amazon have a release date of February 2nd 2012 now. Anyone else heard of any release date information? Or am I just really late in the proceedings?

>>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Registered User New Trailer for FF XIII-2 Kaiden's Avatar

Square Enix has announced that FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 will hit North American shores on January 31, 2012

Not sure about anywhere else

Scene from a movie.
    SPOILER!!:
    [Having pulled over a speeding driver.]
    Mac: All right, how about Cat Game?
    Foster: Cat Game? What's the record?
    Mac: Thorny did six, but I think you can do ten.
    Foster: Ten? Starting right meow?
    [They go up to the car.]
    Driver: Sorry about the...
    Foster: All right meow. Hand over your license and registration.
    [The man gives him his license.]
    Foster: Your registration? Hurry up meow.
    Driver: [laughing] Sorry.
    Foster: Is there something funny here boy?
    Driver: Oh, no.
    Foster: Then why you laughing, Mister... Larry Johnson?
    [Foster stares at him.]
    Foster: All right meow, where were we?
    Driver: Excuse me, are you saying meow?
    Foster: Am I saying meow?
    Driver: I thought...
    Foster: Don't think boy. Meow, do you know how fast you were going?
    [The man laughs.]
    Foster: Meow. What is so damn funny?
    Driver: I could have sworn you said meow.
    Foster: Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
    [The man is uncontrollably laughing.]
    Foster: You stop laughing right meow!
    Driver: [Stops and swallows hard.] Yes sir.
    Foster: Meow, I'm gonna have to give you a ticket on this one. No buts meow. It's the law.
    [Rips off the ticket and hands it to the man.]
    Foster: Not so funny meow, is it?
    [Foster gets up to leave, but Mac shakes his hands at him, indicating only nine meows.]
    Foster: Meow!

Gamer Girl New Trailer for FF XIII-2 Sakaea's Avatar

It looks epic, I can hardly wait. I've yet to play a FF game I didn't like, but I started at VII, and have played from there. So no matter what, I'm sure I'll like it^_^

Boxer of the Galaxy New Trailer for FF XIII-2 Rowan's Avatar

I have a feeling its going to be dissapointing. Can you blame me though? Look at the history of FF sequels... (ffx-2) also, ff13 was incredibly linear. They make claims as to changes in the battle system also but from what I've seen it looks the same as before except for the few interactive options such as spinning a joystick at the correct moment, like in Bayonetta. Shit like that bothers me because I would think I've defeated a monster, relax and then realise I have to mash the 'x' button before I get squished. The game is reaking of estrogen again. The female takes the lead whilst the male characters are there for support. It doesnt help that the games main songs are so cheesy. Ill play this because im loyal to the franchise, but my feelings arn't strong on this one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan
    The game is reaking of estrogen again. The female takes the lead whilst the male characters are there for support.
    Considering a lot of games and gamers reek of testosterone, I don't see the issue with a female lead. If that game is shit, then it's because the game is shit - has nothing to do with the sex of the main character. Unless, of course, it "over-influences" the gameplay and voice acting (Vanille's voice still gives me the chills and shudders, much like nails to a chalk board).

I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised. It might not be the best game ever, but then again, you shouldn't expect that much of it in the first place. Whilst I think Verses will take the lead as the best FFXIII game, I don't see why this one doesn't have potential to at least be better than FXIII. It's not like X-2 was unbearably awful or anything...

>>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT

Chocobo Queen New Trailer for FF XIII-2 Katpuss's Avatar

I watched this trailer yesterday and the game looks awesome. Can't wait to play it. It will be good to play as Serah although I have to admit that Noel looks and sounds really annoying so far but then hat's what I originally thought about Snow and I warmed up to him.

Is it me or was an older Hope in the trailer as well?
    Vanille: "Wishes can come true, but not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves, here and now"
    Lightning: "It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do"

Cloud of Darkness: "We are the Cloud of Darkness...None shall stand before the flood of darkness. With it, we will bring the Void to this world, and your world of light as well..."
    Luneth: "We won't let you! Not if we have anything to say about it!"

Cloud: "And if you don't tell us...I'll chop them off"
    Aerith: "...I'll rip them off"
    Tifa: "I'll smash them"

Boxer of the Galaxy New Trailer for FF XIII-2 Rowan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    Considering a lot of games and gamers reek of testosterone, I don't see the issue with a female lead. If that game is shit, then it's because the game is shit - has nothing to do with the sex of the main character. Unless, of course, it "over-influences" the gameplay and voice acting
    I believe this. Based on what we know of the storyline I have good reason to believe its a relationship drama based around 2 girls. I dont mind playing a female lead character in Bayonetta, but thats because its meant for blokes due to her sugguestive attitude and sexuality. Compare that to final fantasy and you'll notice the difference.

Riding the waves of adventure New Trailer for FF XIII-2 RainingOasis's Avatar

From what I've read about the game they changed a couple of things, I guess they give you a choice in which path to take now. From the trailer I watched it looks like they may have gotten rid of the whole auto-battle thing also, it looks like you have to enter the commands manually. I also like the cinematic effect, it looks pretty cool. Now me saying whether this is a good game or not, I don't know I have to play it first to see for myself. Anyways, I guess the best thing to do is rent it first to see if ya like it or not.
    Enjoying the ride of life, one adventure at a time

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    I believe this. Based on what we know of the storyline I have good reason to believe its a relationship drama based around 2 girls. I dont mind playing a female lead character in Bayonetta, but thats because its meant for blokes due to her sugguestive attitude and sexuality. Compare that to final fantasy and you'll notice the difference.
    Meant? Not necessarily true. I know girls who've played Bayonetta and liked it. I mean, two are gay/bisexual, sure, but not everyone who plays it does so for a wet dream.

You can't compare Final Fantasy XIII-2 to Bayonetta either... of course it's not going to be as outlandishly sexy, insulting or ogle generating. Bayonetta is hack and slash - no RPG. It's a completely different game, with a slightly different audience (and no, I don't mean gender related).

>>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT