Thread: Neochu!

King of Fur Neochu! Cerberuswaltz's Avatar

Neochu!

Not sure if this is allowed but I'm going to take a chance and post it anyways.... I'm not sure how the 'boss fight help' threads work but the one here is pretty old... don't wanna get in trouble for reviving it. Couldn't find any help on here, either and any searches on Google are kinda useless. I'm hoping someone else can help at this point.

I've been out of sorts for some time so I just finished FFXIII. Pretty good and am doing the side stuff now.... but for the life of me the Neochu is slowly becoming the biggest annoyance in XIII. At this point I use Lightning/Sazh/Vanille. Sazh acts as my Sentinel and up to this point he's done a spectacular job. I've mastered all their primary roles and have Maxed their Tier 2 weapons (Ultima Weapon). I've pulled out a large number of the rings that reduce earth damage (max Lv) and a couple of Hermes Sandals. My HP at this point is 1,5000 on Light and Vanille. Sazh is higher then that, I know.

Yet each time I fight the stupid thing it kills me easily- that and the annoying Picochus. Even with the SEN/MED/MED I still lose out. What is it, Bellow? Roar? That does more then enough damage to destroy me- and when I'm healing from that he seems to always follow up with Pollen. All this for a stupid Growth Egg, something I want very much to continue leveling my characters since I want that done before I move on to XIII-2. If not I'll just move on but URGH. I've tried switching it up with Fang and others but no dice. Anything I can work with here to beat the brute? Or am I just doomed until I max my Crystarium anyway? But then what's the point of the stupid Growth Egg??

Agh. Thanks and sorry about posting this if I shouldn't have.
    Sig in production... Feburary

Have you tried switching to SEN/SEN/SEN for his Screech? That's one paradigm I started using a lot later in the game. SENx3 just to survive it, SEN/MEDx2 to heal up (if using a fulltime tank, which you probably are on this fight), then back to doing whatever I was doing.

Or you can cheap it and use Death on it. I'd say only resort to that if you can't beat it otherwise, but I think you should be strong enough if you have 15k HP.

King of Fur Neochu! Cerberuswaltz's Avatar
    I haven't tried it. Vanille is my healer and I haven't really leveled her Sentinel role yet- I've been focusing on her SYN role.... But it's worth a shot if I get that darn Growth Egg :I

I haven't thought of Death yet, either. I guess I can try it... I'm desperate at this point I think. Usually I do well and get his health about 1/4 but then he manages to kill me- with Roar/Bellow/Whatever then the Picochu pick me off before I can heal. Thanks for the advice
    Sig in production... Feburary