Thread: Money making?

Money making?

Didn't see a thread for this anywhere....

So I'm now on Gran Pulse. Previously, during the areas of the game in which I was fighting Psicom guys, I was making a ton of cash since I'd just continuously kill them for incentive chips/credit chips, and I was up to the 120K range.

I decided to invest that into upgrading some weapons, and maxed out Lightning's 2nd weapon, upgraded it to a Helter Skelter, and maxed it again, and leveled up a few other people's weapons.

I'm down to 20K gil and it's going down fast due to the insane amounts of phoenix downs I've burned through since hitting Gran Pulse.

So now that I'm here, and there's no PSICOM guys for me to farm for gils, what can I do?

What have some of you guys done for gil income? I'm thinking of selling off all of my unused accessories (Some are worth up to 20-30K gil) but I just get a feeling that sooner or later that 10% physical reduction or 10% magical reduction accessory is going to be useful to a mob that hits me for, say, my entire HP bar (but would hit for 10% less with that accessory)

Sooo... tips, hints, tricks?

I'd really like to get my main 5 up to at least the 2nd tier of weaponry and maxed ASAP.

Edit:

Found a guide that looks good. http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/F...c/m-p/45381954

Gonna go try that out now (the first grinding part for levels, at least) and see what happens.
    Last edited by Sean; 03-17-2010 at 02:00 PM.

The Quiet One Money making? Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Money making?

The easiest way I would say is to do the chocobo digging game if you can unlock the chocobos which is mission 12 I think to remove the barrier and mission 14 to save the chocobos. Once that happens you can do digging out in the entire area, that is pretty much lot a massive hot and cold game from FFIX. One of the items than you can get is gold nuggets and gold dust both which sell for a pretty good price. I think nuggets are like 60k and gold dust is 25k. There are also moogle dolls and cactaur dolls which I think can also be dug up.

Later when you reach Vanille's village there is a side quest that rewards you with some good items and another quest attached to it that I think just requires you to walk 10,000 steps on Pulse. Which will reward you with items that will in total sell for 450k.

There is supposed to be perfume you can get from a monster drop, but I don't remember what monster and it may be out of your league at the moment.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Blog Entries

The soldiers in an area after Gran Pulse drop the perfume. Some prefer it as it is easier, but the burst of cash it quite a bit less if you're a lucky person.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Well, there's monster drops~ Cactuars drops dolls, which are like more that 10k, I believe. They're really hard to get, and Catalogs do not stack.

Mark Mission 7. The Cie'th is close, and you get some nice bomb cores. I think it also has one crown for a normal drop and another for a rare drop.

And here's my favorite: Mission 24. Moonblossom seeds x6. 6000 gil each. Repeatable. On the fifth tier of the tower. ^0^
    .....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade

Balaclavas on...let's go shopping!! Money making? nickness89's Avatar

If you have Vanille's Death ability for Saboteur, then you can farm Platinum Ingots from Adamantortoise and Adamantoise, but you have to have completed the game to unlock the Death ability. If you haven't completed it yet, then the Chocobo Digging and Moonblossom Seed hunt are the best ways, i prefer the Moonblossom seed hunt as you get lots of CP while doing it as well