Thread: Lightning Returns Tidbits and FF Versus XIII Still in Development

The Quiet One Lightning Returns Tidbits and FF Versus XIII Still in Development Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Lightning Returns Tidbits and FF Versus XIII Still in Development

The FFXIII series is a little slow on new info, but Nomura had some interviews recently talking about the different things he's been working on and talking up the coming games. On the FFXIII front, he has said he is finished with his work on Lightning Returns. Which was apparently doing character design work. He specifically mentioned that Lightning and Snow will have new outfits. This does confirm that Snow will be in the game in some capacity. Hope was already confirmed for the game, but the rest of the cast from the past two games remained unknown. The others remain that case, but we now know Snow and Hope will be present in some way.

Considering that Lightning's new designs are finished. It is likely we'll see her new look probably in a month or so, depending on how eager Square is to show it off. They mentioned in the presentation that they were not ready to show her off, likely because Nomura was still finalizing her. Since she is the only playable character and the cornerstone for their trilogy. It is likely that'll want to show her off soon.

On the FF Versus XIII front. It was reported as a rumor a long time back that Versus was cancelled. Square denied those rumors a while ago and Nomura continued to insist it is in production. There remains lots of talk about it in production and it looking great, but Nomura is still asking for fans to wait longer until they are ready to reveal it. With his work on Lighting Returns ending and the KH1.5 HD wrapping up soon, Nomura should hopefully be able to focus on getting Versus finished, unless he has other unannounced projects.
    Attached Images Attached Images Lightning Returns Tidbits and FF Versus XIII Still in Development-fncffxiii-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Mystyrion
    I notice that you don't quote sources in your posts. Not like I doubt you or anything, just wonder why?

Its sad to hear the Versus is still on the backburner to other games (even though I am pretty hyped for KH HD 1.5). After all of these years of waiting, I highly doubt Gamestop even still has records that I have the game reserved haha.

The Quiet One Lightning Returns Tidbits and FF Versus XIII Still in Development Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Usually my sources are three or four different sites, as I generally pool larger amounts of information or try to get everything about a specific topic as each place tends not to actually cover everything. The information usually is general information being released to the public rather than something that is exclusive to a specific site. So that tends to be why I'm not citing sources. I totally can if you wish, but it is compiled information so it'd be multiple sources.

As an example, this came from Kotaku, Siliconera and The Magic Box, largely them repeated the same things, but looked at them.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

The Brave Lightning Returns Tidbits and FF Versus XIII Still in Development
    I hope that FF Versus XIII ( if it is even called that when it comes out) will be something worth playing. The combat system in particular looks promising and it would be cool to have some minigames to play too.

Chocobo Queen Lightning Returns Tidbits and FF Versus XIII Still in Development Katpuss's Avatar
    Is Versus going to be released on the Xbox 360?
    Vanille: "Wishes can come true, but not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves, here and now"
    Lightning: "It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do"

Cloud of Darkness: "We are the Cloud of Darkness...None shall stand before the flood of darkness. With it, we will bring the Void to this world, and your world of light as well..."
    Luneth: "We won't let you! Not if we have anything to say about it!"

Cloud: "And if you don't tell us...I'll chop them off"
    Aerith: "...I'll rip them off"
    Tifa: "I'll smash them"