Thread: Lightning Returns pre-orders include Cloud outfit, sword

Queen Lightning Returns pre-orders include Cloud outfit, sword Crescent's Avatar

News Post Lightning Returns pre-orders include Cloud outfit, sword

Cloud Strife’s “Soldier 1st Class” uniform from Final Fantasy VII will be available as a pre-order bonus for Lightning in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Square Enix has announced.

The add-on includes Cloud Strife’s legendary Buster Sword, the Soldier’s Band, victory fanfare, and finishing animation from Final Fantasy VII. Specific abilities will also come with the weapon, which will be announced at a later date.

European fans will also obtain the Lightning Samurai Set, also included with pre-orders. This offers Lightning three exclusive samurai outfits, as well as the Shogun, Sohei Savior, and Flower of Battle items.

Outside of early purchase bonuses, Square Enix revealed the return of Hope Estheim but as his former child self in XIII not from his most recent appearance as an adult in XIII-2.

Hope stays inside the Ark, where time does not flow, and provides Lightning with support and navigation. The Ark was built by Hope inside the artificial Cocoon. When inside, Lightning can replenish her supplies, talk to Hope, and doesn’t need to worry about the world’s life span decreasing. After she’s wrapped up, she can return to the world of Nova Chrysalia.

Also in the Ark is a sacred tree called Yggdrasil. Known as the “Tree of Life,” it gets taller as you offer more “Radiant Power” to it, thus increasing the world’s life span (max 13 days). When in-game time hits 6:00, Lightning returns to the Ark. When she returns, she offers the “Radiant Power” she earned that day to the sacred tree Yggdrasil.

Watch a trailer for the Cloud costume below:

Source: El33tonline.com

"Tiger Hair" Lightning Returns pre-orders include Cloud outfit, sword HeroZero's Avatar
    I'm still pretty butt-hurt about the story in XIII-2 and have really wanted to boycott buying XIII-3 out of sheer butt-hurtness. But the outfit is fun and awesome, and the game sounds like it is shaping up, I just hope the ending isn't "the world is destroyed the end" or "The cycle of time has restarted or some bs".

but who can resist Cloud Strife's outfit in interactive HD.
    "Evil spelled backwards is Live, and we all want to do that now don't we?"

Certified tech, come at me! Lightning Returns pre-orders include Cloud outfit, sword SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If this game's storyline is as impactive and fun like Majora's Mask's story, then it is worth playing.

EDIT: Now this is just awkward. I bet Lightning was thinking by the way of her expression in this picture"Ugh, someone get me out of this costume..."
    Last edited by SuperSabin; 07-02-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    Currently Playing:

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Lightning Returns pre-orders include Cloud outfit, sword Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    This is pretty cool, but I don't think I will be Pre-Ordering it. I just hope that Wal-Mart will have the Limited Edition version of LR: FFXIII that comes with the costume and weapon already in the game.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

I want to play a game. Lightning Returns pre-orders include Cloud outfit, sword Zargabaath's Avatar
    I don't know how to feel about Hope reverting back to his younger version. That will have to be explained. Hopefully. And not in a crummy way either. Doubtful. But I don't know which Hope I like more. His annoying, dumb, have no clue why his mother did what she did version. Or the one who got omnipotence with puberty. I know the dead Hope is my favorite. Why couldn't Sazh be up in that jank.
    Last edited by Zargabaath; 07-04-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Boxer of the Galaxy Lightning Returns pre-orders include Cloud outfit, sword Rowan's Avatar
    square keep finding new ways to piss off fans who want a remake.

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Lightning Returns pre-orders include Cloud outfit, sword noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I still don't understand the whole point. Of any of this. They made XIII-2 to supposedly make up for XIII, but it went off on this crazy random tangent and the ending was nothing short of depressing and infuriating in spite of the "better" storyline. And the English translation of the theme sucked balls.

I'm not impressed at all with LR so far, but because I'm such a huge FF fan, I can't help but want it anyway. I showed my BF Lightning's Cloud uniform and he immediately said that we're pre-ordering the game ASAP..