Thread: Lightning Returns English Demo Available Now

The Quiet One Lightning Returns English Demo Available Now Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Lightning Returns English Demo Available Now

Out today, Tuesday 21st, the Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII demo is available for download on the PS3 and 360. Downloading the demo will also download a free DLC pack with the demo, that is separate from the download/install. This is for the main game and includes the Utsusemi Samurai outfit. You do not need to play the demo to unlock this in the main game, it'll be already be install when you play the game out February 11th or 14th depending on your region.
    Attached Images Attached Images Lightning Returns English Demo Available Now-fflr-logo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

TFF's Resident Messenger Lightning Returns English Demo Available Now Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And if you play the demo, don't forget to post your battle score against Zaltys in the Outerworld. If you do, you will receive the Siegfried garb on release.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Registered User Lightning Returns English Demo Available Now Love2FFgirls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Swayne View Post
    And if you play the demo, don't forget to post your battle score against Zaltys in the Outerworld. If you do, you will receive the Siegfried garb on release.

Hi there,
    I'm new here so forgive me. I downloaded and played through the demo last night, and only later on found out about the free DLCs available. From what I understand, the Utsusemi Garb is free with the demo; I don't see anything that came with the download from PSN immediately, so I assume when I load the game next month it recognizes the demo and the outfit appears automatically. But I'm confused about the Outerworld service and submitting your score for that battle against Zaltys. How exactly do you do that?

TFF's Resident Messenger Lightning Returns English Demo Available Now Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When you go to the settings section of the main menu, there is a line that says "Outerworld Services". When you agree to the terms, it allows you to link to your Facebook/Twitter accounts. Once that is done, you can post messages, buy/sell user items, and submit battle scores. By submitting the battle score against Zaltys, you are on the list for the Siegfried outfit when the full game is released.

As for the Utsusemi Samurai garb, it was part of the download when you chose to download the demo. You can check your downloads list on PSN or in the Game Data Utility section of your PS3. It's titled Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, and it's size is 4456 KB.

And welcome to TFF!
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

TFF Adoption Agency

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Registered User Lightning Returns English Demo Available Now Love2FFgirls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Swayne View Post
    When you go to the settings section of the main menu, there is a line that says "Outerworld Services". When you agree to the terms, it allows you to link to your Facebook/Twitter accounts. Once that is done, you can post messages, buy/sell user items, and submit battle scores. By submitting the battle score against Zaltys, you are on the list for the Siegfried outfit when the full game is released.

As for the Utsusemi Samurai garb, it was part of the download when you chose to download the demo. You can check your downloads list on PSN or in the Game Data Utility section of your PS3. It's titled Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, and it's size is 4456 KB.

And welcome to TFF!
    Is it true you need a perfect 5 star battle rating against Zaltys for that Siegfried outfit? I read that online somewhere and wasn't sure how accurate it was. I played through the demo again today - after adjusting the settings for Outerworld Service and connecting my Twitter account. After beating Zaltys with four stars, I submitted the battle score to Twitter. Is that it?

The Quiet One Lightning Returns English Demo Available Now Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I haven't heard anything about needing a perfect, just using the service. It's probably just people making assumptions about systems they're uncertain about. Uploading the score should be enough.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I haven't heard anything about needing a perfect, just using the service. It's probably just people making assumptions about systems they're uncertain about. Uploading the score should be enough.
    Sounds good to me.

On a sidenote. Has there been any discussion about restoration items/healing magic? You're almost immediately explained in the demo that your health doesn't automatically replenish between each battle; and you're only allowed to carry 6 items at any time (a few X-potions for example)? If that's the case, hopefully you can get a White Mage/healer scheme early on in the full game.

Boxer of the Galaxy Lightning Returns English Demo Available Now Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Love2FFgirls View Post
    Sounds good to me.

On a sidenote. Has there been any discussion about restoration items/healing magic? You're almost immediately explained in the demo that your health doesn't automatically replenish between each battle; and you're only allowed to carry 6 items at any time (a few X-potions for example)? If that's the case, hopefully you can get a White Mage/healer scheme early on in the full game.
    You can eventually get a regen/guard ability that while your guard your ap is delepleted and replenishes your HP, which is very useful since carrying capacity for healing is limited.

images.jpgLightning-Returns1.jpg

Gave the demo a chance. Aside from the cool costumes and customization, the game and story is still stupid. *sigh*. Hey, I know square, how about creating a new character and not using the exact same model/Hairstyle as Serah whilst claiming her to be a different person? Its the epitome of lazy. Oh, but im sure there is some magical reason for it. At least with Snow you gave him 3 different hairstyles over the course of 3 games. There is no way you can route the story to make any fkn sense at this point, as if it had any to begin with. Sheesh, squareenix is rubbish. I put my trust in Atlus now. Persona 4, goddamn. Now theres a story you can set your watch too.

Blog Entries
    Ha ha ha, set your watch. Because Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII is a time-based game.

I liked the demo. My score at beating Zaltys was only 107,000; which is nowhere near some of my friends. One person I know got a score of 171,500 in only 16 seconds, with a screenshot to back it up. It puts my time of 2:16 to shame.

TFF Adoption Agency

Just an update on this thread, in reference to healing in the game. In a new article in Game Informer, it mentions an "easy" mode and a "normal" mode. In "easy" mode, your health replenishes between each battle. It's probably a good idea to use it at the beginning. I'm not sure if you can switch modes during the game.

Registered User Lightning Returns English Demo Available Now Sang Hee's Avatar
    I don't like Lightning at all yet I'll get this game because it's an FF game.
    I'm trying to see the game for its merits and it speaks to me so far. I'm probably the only one but the music when you're chasing Snow is a huge nostalgia bomb to me. Reminds me so much of FFX-2. God bless whoever came up with the idea of remastering the X games. I can see myself playing around with Lightning Returns till the HD remake is out.
    I just don't think that Lightning looks too good in Yuna's outfit. Just doesn't suit her (like the Cloud's outfit, for that matter). I do, however, like the idea of dress crossovers, just don't think Light looks good in them.