Thread: Help beating Vanilles Eidolon.

Help beating Vanilles Eidolon.

I am trying to help my missus in this game but we hacve come unstuck when trying to get Vanilles Eidolon (sorry can't spell its name!). We have tried three tactics. 1) The Official Strategy Guide 2) Internet advice 3) Our own ideas. We are now gonna try levelling Vanille's and Fang's Saboteur role up as this is apparently the bestway to fill the gestalt gauge. If anyone has any other ideas that might help reply to me so I can help her get past this enemy. Or you can contact my missus joleineanntaylor (probably the better choice!)
    Last edited by markandrewkinzett; 12-16-2010 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Forgot to say something!

Blog Entries

Re: Help beating Vanilles Eidolon.

Quote Originally Posted by markandrewkinzett View Post
    I am trying to help my missus in this game but we hacve come unstuck when trying to get Vanilles Eidolon (sorry can't spell its name!). We have tried three tactics. 1) The Official Strategy Guide 2) Internet advice 3) Our own ideas. We are now gonna try levelling Vanille's and Fang's Saboteur role up as this is apparently the bestway to fill the gestalt gauge. If anyone has any other ideas that might help reply to me so I can help her get past this enemy. Or you can contact my missus joleineanntaylor (probably the better choice!)
    yeah this was kind of a tricky battle even when I had the sphere grid almost maxed out at this point, but unlike what the guide says, it's not all about the Stumbling Block paradigm. The best way to get Hecatoncheir's guage all the way up is to use Havoc (double SAB), you can do a lot more damage this way, and honestly I think doing the Stumbling Block strat is too hard to do because of the small timeframe it has, it allows you no room for error. Only do this right after his Looming Wrath attack though, as soon as you seem him pummel the team, that is when you switch to Lifeguard (SAB/MED) to get everyone healthy again. Curaja works wonders this battle, it would be pretty tough to win without it so make sure you have it learned. If you're still Paradigm switching at the right times and getting beat then you might need to level a bit more, but I hope my strat helped!

Just remember that the best three ways to build up the chain: getting chain bonuses, healing, and debuffing. Go with whatever you can hit him the hardest with, go all out then switch to lifeguard as soon as he attacks.

EDIT: and I didn't know that the Mrs. is also a member on the forums here, that's awesome Hope to see you guys stick around
    Last edited by Rocky; 12-16-2010 at 12:57 PM.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Atm i have the same problem..
    Used tactics, equiped items that boost ur hp and defence but nothing..
    I guess level grinding solves everything, like it did in FF XII.
    And why getting fortisol is pain in the ass, i mean ive killed hundrets of monstas and not a single drop, I even own the "thing" that gives you drop boosts :/..
    So long Sentiment.
    Go get raped.

Registered User Help beating Vanilles Eidolon. jd4's Avatar

it is a while when i played at that point, but if i remamber correctly...

you should always have a sab in the party, this also allows you to keep the stagger bar filled when you need to heal...

gestalt bar fills whith 'healing' 'debuffing' and 'chaining'
    ik my oppinion healing isn't the 'best' sollution for filling the gestalt bar.

Just make sure that you have

com/rav/sab
    sab/sab/rav
    sab/sab/com
    med/sab/com
    mer/rav/com

i think i 'killed' it by filling the stagger bar and a little bit of debuf...

ANOTHER TIP: Switch paradigims if the action bar is empty...

at first it seems tht the switch take long, but it will fasten each time, and you get some actionbar segemnts charged... this is really helpfull in any boss battle

You only need
    MED/SAB
    and
    SAB/SAB

you can play it safe with MED/SENT incase you mess up.

One thing I noticed with Eidolon battles is that the Paradigms the game gives you for that battle are the ones you need to complete it.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

devo
    I just did this battle last night and TOG strat worked fine for me on second try!! Maybe you need to level up more!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Help beating Vanilles Eidolon. Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Oi hell, this game is hella hard.
    If you beat Bahamut, you will beat Hecatoncheir.
    It took my 20 times for this one, but 27 times for bahamut, the highest death streak ever for me...
    I can't even give you advice because it was luck for me...>.>

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Registered User Help beating Vanilles Eidolon. jd4's Avatar

mostly it is indeed luck...

i remember certain bosses use 'instant-dead'
    when they succelsfully cast it on your party leader, you have big trouble ==> Game Over...

Quote Originally Posted by jd4 View Post
    mostly it is indeed luck...

i remember certain bosses use 'instant-dead'
    when they succelsfully cast it on your party leader, you have big trouble ==> Game Over...

what are you talking about. No boss has insta death that I remember fighting. There are bosses that own you in a couple hits if you don't play smart.

Also no Eidolon Battle is "luck". My first time playing through the game....the only Eidolon Battles I did on my first try was Bahamut and Shiva Sisters. Odin took me my 2nd try, Alexander took me my 2nd try, Sazh's took me 3 tries and Vanille's took me 2 tries. This game is nowhere near hard.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Help beating Vanilles Eidolon. Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    what are you talking about. No boss has insta death that I remember fighting. There are bosses that own you in a couple hits if you don't play smart.

Also no Eidolon Battle is "luck". My first time playing through the game....the only Eidolon Battles I did on my first try was Bahamut and Shiva Sisters. Odin took me my 2nd try, Alexander took me my 2nd try, Sazh's took me 3 tries and Vanille's took me 2 tries. This game is nowhere near hard.
    O.O
    What'r ya crazy? Hardest FF game for sure! The only ones that were easy were Odin(first ry, tho everybody has trouble), and Alexander 3rd try.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Quote Originally Posted by o0Odin0o View Post
    O.O
    What'r ya crazy? Hardest FF game for sure! The only ones that were easy were Odin(first ry, tho everybody has trouble), and Alexander 3rd try.

Have you played FFII and FIII? (NES) The dungeons in those games makes FFXIII looks ez.

FFXIII is no way "hard", you know how each of your roles do for what, you do it right, the game is easy.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol