Thread: Hardest Trophy/Achievement

Woot-Woot!! Hardest Trophy/Achievement CloudA2K's Avatar

Hardest Trophy/Achievement

So I finally obtained the Ultimate Hero Trophy (Platinum) and I'm proud to say that it is my FIRST platinum trophy!!

I wanted to know which trophy (or achievement) you thought was the toughest to obtain.

I have to say the toughest for me was the L'Cie Paragon Trophy. I thought it was very time consuming to have to get a 5 star battle rating for every hunt mission. And having to battle the Vercingetorix again was not something I looked forward to.
    All in all I thought it was worth it for my first platinum!!

Death Before Dishonor Hardest Trophy/Achievement Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Hardest Trophy/Achievement

Whatever the hell the achievement is called for 5 staring all of the L'Cie quest. I have beat all of them, I just haven't haven't 5 stared them, oh well.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Five starring the battles is incredibly simple. Only two or three gave me huge problems (Gold watch helped with those), but the others were a piece of piss.

Hardest one for me has been the Treasure Hunter. Hard because it's time consuming and boring to have to keep farming for ingots. With a 37.something% drop rate, I'm still not getting very many... been farming since I woke up, and I've only managed to get two. I've got all the transformation catalysts, but I need some Ultra. Reactors so I can level items up... about 4-5million gil should give me enough. -_-

This is the last trophy for me... it'll be my 8th Platinum.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Hardest Trophy/Achievement Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

The damn treasure hunter one.
    I got 4 stars on vercingetorix on my first try so the second try was easy.

I wish there was an easier to get ingots than farming adamantoise in the eden hall

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

The one where you have to max out all your characters crystalarium in all roles seems like a horrible waste of time
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Hardest Trophy/Achievement Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Well, if you just continuously fight the adamantoise, takes about 56 seconds, you will upgrade too quick.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

The Lone Dagger Hardest Trophy/Achievement Xithor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan558 View Post
    The one where you have to max out all your characters crystalarium in all roles seems like a horrible waste of time
    If you're trying to get all the trophies then maxing out your characters is one of the relatively easy tasks to complete, just comes with the territory, you barely noticed how much you level up in that amount of time.

My hardest task was definitely getting 5 stars on all the Hunts, Vercingetorix took me at least 4 tries and it was definitely very time consuming.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Blog Entries

Xithor banged the nail on the head. It's not that much of a waste of time if you do it correctly. With a Growth Egg, you earn like 80,000CP per Adamantoise you take down. You'll also spend a LOT of time farming them.

Doing the math:
    Killing one Adamantoise with a Growth Egg will net you 80,000CP.
    Killing ten Adamantoise will net you a net you 800,000CP.
    One Adamantoise took me about two to three minutes to kill when I worked out a strategy.
    So ten will take you about half an hour or so if you save and reload in the right place.

You need six Trapezohedron to get everyone their final weapon. Chances are, you could grind all day and not even get one.
    You'll need loads of Ingots to buy components, especially the Ultra Compact Reactors - you can buy three per Ingot, and with a x3 in the upgrade section, you'll need about three or four to max second tier weapons to their max.

So yeah. You'll be spending a lot of time farming, and CP will just come in without out you noticing it.

>>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Registered User Hardest Trophy/Achievement Joyful Blue's Avatar

Thankfully none where particularly challenging in terms of difficulty but the most time consuming was the Treasure Hunter trophy by quite some way. Reloading outside of Eden got pretty dull after hours of farming for Platinum Ingots. When I did think I'd finally managed it my trip to Oerba proved fruitless which didn't surprise me too much; I Knew I would have missed at least one item. A couple more trips eventually brought me my reward and I haven't touched the game since, though I am tempted to go back and max out everyone's ultimate weapons.

I suppose in terms of actual difficulty Adamant Will is what I found the most challenging. I beat it the first serious attempt I had but I didn't have maxed ultimate's for my team at the time and so used my one elixir to make sure it was plain sailing all the way.

Well, defeating the adamantoises gets easier as you go along (obviously xD)
    So you will be able to beat them in about 56 seconds with summon at first.
    I beat him before he gets up.
    And I have too many traps .o.o
    And not enough ingots o.o

As a bit of an achievement whore I'm kinda surprised that in 10 months I've not got my 1000 yet but so far 615.

I have no worries about maxing out the Crystarium as no doubt those missions and that Growth Egg help loads but how hard is the 5 starring every mission? Some were hell but is simply having every move and knowing the right stategy really enough?

Boxer of the Galaxy Hardest Trophy/Achievement Rowan's Avatar

---
    Last edited by Rowan; 03-10-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boldfox View Post
    As a bit of an achievement whore I'm kinda surprised that in 10 months I've not got my 1000 yet but so far 615.

I have no worries about maxing out the Crystarium as no doubt those missions and that Growth Egg help loads but how hard is the 5 starring every mission? Some were hell but is simply having every move and knowing the right stategy really enough?
    Well, the only ones that can give you trouble will be the Vercingetorix, the unsent guy in the trials (51?), Neochu(maybe), Jumbo cactuar if you don't understand, and the two magic beasts at 62.
    All in all, the two magic users pissed me off... took me too long.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    i missed out on the treasure hunter trophy.. contemplating weather or not to start again. Although Im only missing 3 trophies and have succesfully deafeated all stone quests. It hurts to think about doing it all over again. Especially since I dont have as much time as I used to, to be able to play games.
    If you do decide to go for it again, my tip would be to search everywhere, especially pre-Pulse, for item orbs. I was reading up on another forum how someone has missed so many and had to buy a lot of the accessories and weapons, which of course works out pretty expensive.

It took me just under 130 hours to platinum, but I know I could have done it in much less if I wasn't so stupid when it came to grinding exp, and if I'd paused the game when I went afc - there was a lot of standby time in which the clock just kept going. That said, I think it's possible to do in more or less a 100 hours. Maybe 110 to be safe.

Me, I'm just OCD so that was second nature to explore everywhere and collect the items. The thought of missing one felt like thinking about the end of the world to me. ^^;

>>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT

Boxer of the Galaxy Hardest Trophy/Achievement Rowan's Avatar

---
    Last edited by Rowan; 03-10-2011 at 06:17 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    But my problem is that some items are missable and cannot be bought. If this wasnt the case, id gladly save up my gil to purchase them. Or am I wrong? Can all items in the game be bought?
    The main items to look out for are the elemental rings which are found throughout the chapters which you can't revisit later. Just don't sell them when you find them, and you're good.

But really, as long as you're paying attention to the map, you won't miss a thing. The game is pretty linear, so it's not like you have to go far to look for something.

>>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT

Ok just fought Attucus, 5 Starring him looks like its gonna be a real pain. I didn't consider 5-starring any hunt till this point (done all but attucus and one other) to be harder then maxing out the grid but attucus makes me doubt how well I will fair against him witout making the grid at least for the three characters I use.
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Ok just fought Attucus, 5 Starring him looks like its gonna be a real pain. I didn't consider 5-starring any hunt till this point (done all but attucus and one other) to be harder then maxing out the grid but attucus makes me doubt how well I will fair against him witout making the grid at least for the three characters I use.
    Well, him Vercingetorix and the 2 magic unsent thingies are hardest to 5 star.
    He is a piece of cake but, he has a vast amount of HP.

Just try to go harder, less careful, oh and, gold watch = necessity