Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Progress (No Spoilers)

The Quiet One Game Progress (No Spoilers) Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Game Progress (No Spoilers)

Since levels don't really mean a whole lot and for a while things are pretty locked down. Just say how far a long in the game you are and how much work you've done on the Crystarium and any work you've done on upgrading. Anything else you can think of as the game progresses for further.

Lightning and Hope are together and I just got the next level of their Crystarium unlocked. Hope has all of his up to level 2 and Lightning has all of the ones she had up to level 2, Medic is the only one she can't.

Snow is hanging out on The Lindblum (awesome FFIX reference ^^ )

Vanille and Sazh are together in The Old Growth - The Sunleth Waterscape, which I'm currently one. Vanille has Ravager and Medic at level 2 and capped out with Sabeteur left. Sazh has Synergist at level 2 and Commando capped out with Ravager left.

Everyone has their weapons at least to lv 2 and Snow, Hope and Sazh can hold two accessories now.

I'm at 9:85 with 4,700 gil.

Report in and see where everyone is at!
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Re: Game Progress (No Spoilers)

Wow, you are pretty far.

Snow just joined the two kids, so my five characters are in two groups (Lightning and Barret are together). I am patiently waiting for something to ****ing happen already.

Our Hopes and Expectations Game Progress (No Spoilers) Ernest's Avatar

Im about 7 hours in. I wanted to wait til nightfall to start playing, where everyone had gone to bed.

The game feels NOTHING like Final Fantasy, but it's pretty good. I don't really miss towns, but the game desperately needs some "down time" checkpoints. The action just never seems to stop. Hopefully that comes in later.

Battle System is superb.

Characters are good, but my predictions of who I would like, and who I wouldn't like, are basically backwards. A couple of the characters really need to contribute more and get interesting.

Story is confusing, though I worked it out with the aid of the very nice in-game encylcopdia. I suggest everyone read it thoroughly whenever theres new information.

Story seems to have potential, but is feeling a little stale at the moment.

The game is very linear, but its not as bad as I thought it would be. I was prepared to enjoy linear gameplay, though I was a little worried. This is mostly fine. The maps tend to fork off a fair bit and wind and etc. There are lots of good chests and stuff. My only problem is that its impossible to evade a fight so far. And regular fights seem to be really easy. Boss battles are quite hard though.

Soundtrack is lovely. It's really missing the victory theme, prelude and Final Fantasy theme though. I am shocked they weren't used.
    ____Ernest

I'll make you famous Game Progress (No Spoilers) Rydia Lover's Avatar

i agree with ernest while it doesnt feel much like a final fantasy, i still very much like it.

however i am only at the resistance part so i dont want to jump the gun just yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermetal
    But I think this girl is uber hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour.Delirium
    You ARE my number one, Rydia Lover. <3
    current games playing:
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Assassins Creed Revolutions
    Saints Row: The Third
    Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    Fallout New Vegas

What is this I don't even Musashiden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So far I'm at the point where Lightning, Sazh, Vanille, & Hope crashed that jet thingy into Phoenix. Though enjoying having a Synergist, hoping I'm not stuck with Hope for much longer...

Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?
    Thread killer extraordinaire since 4/20/01.
    Tumblr | Twitter

Registered User Game Progress (No Spoilers) Leksandar's Avatar

Doesn't feel like Final Fantasy to me either, but neither did XII at first but I still go just as warm and fuzzy today when I think about it as when thinking about any other instalment of the series. Other than that I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but it's fun. I've just left Snow with his crystal girlfriend and I'm trying to find my way out of the frozen lake about three hours into the game.
    Shs.

So I just got an Eidolon. I am pretty stoked. However, I cannot figure out when Sazh is going to stop being Danny Glover.

Death Before Dishonor Game Progress (No Spoilers) Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I haven't had much time to play. Right now I am on snow at the Pulse fal'cie.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Registered User Game Progress (No Spoilers)

I just got to Lake Bresha after Snow had his flashback thing. Sazh vocalizes everything that is going on in my mind. "Did the l'Cie do this?", "How did we end up here?", etc.

I can't really comment on much else, because I'm just now at the Paradigm Shift tutorial. I suppose I'm still in the early stages of the game. ^^

I really like it so far. The action is really intense, so I have to take breaks every now and again, but it's really good.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Game Progress (No Spoilers) Polk's Avatar

Vanille and Hope just got to the Pulse Vestige for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak
    However, I cannot figure out when Sazh is going to stop being Danny Glover.
    If you mean an "I'm getting too old for this shit" vibe, then I agree with you. I don't really mind it, though. In fact, I kinda like him even for the obligatory comedic relief character that he is.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Blog Entries

Just finished up chapter 4. Getting ready to pull an allnighter #2! I'd hate to say it, but this Persona 4 is really putting up a good fight for my attention so far. Oh well, shouldn't take too long to beat, I'm pretty sure I can get it done by the weekend if I nolife it.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Blog Entries

I just entered Palumpolum with Lightning and Hope.

Sazh's chocobo makes me laugh every time I see it. So cute! I want one. >_>

I do kind of wish there was a bit of a break in the action, wouldn't mind a quiet bit so I can read the encyclopedia thing more and play around with the battle system. And meander around checking out the scenery. And fiddle with the weapon/acc upgrades, I actually haven't done that at all yet.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

I feel epic... Game Progress (No Spoilers) Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

Getting through Chapter 3, now. We're all officially boned. ^^

Having magic is a great asset, rather than relying on Potions. I have Lightning as a warrior-type, Snow as a back-up fighter, and Vanille is my dedicated healer. (Yah, I forgot the Paradigm Shift job names... >_>)

I like the Cyrsanthium-whatever. Just like the reviews promised, a 3-D Sphere Grid! Although, I can't get far, and now I'm trapped... =/

Moving through the chapter anyway, learning what our "objective" is, to put it non-spoilerific. I'll continue tomorrow, its too late now...

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

The Whitemage, Curaga's only 300gil Game Progress (No Spoilers) TehRealDinnin's Avatar

I completed the game with Lightening having her Omega weapon. Snow having his. Vanille having hers. and the rest kind of boned out of that. Overall it was a fun game. Way to linear, not enough side things, dungeons, mini games, or extra things. Took me a full day. 23H and 12mins.

Thank you Rnin! Credit is given to you for the Sig

I just learned a little of Hope's backstory, and I'm travelling through the Vile Peaks. Sazh, Hope, Vanille, and Lightning are all traveling together again, and I'm glad because the game got really difficult for me when it was just Vanille and Sazh together, and Lightning and Hope together. ^^;
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Our Hopes and Expectations Game Progress (No Spoilers) Ernest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TehRealDinnin View Post
    I completed the game with Lightening having her Omega weapon. Snow having his. Vanille having hers. and the rest kind of boned out of that. Overall it was a fun game. Way to linear, not enough side things, dungeons, mini games, or extra things. Took me a full day. 23H and 12mins.
    Every website I've read cites the game length as 50-60 hours. Not sure what you were doing?

I can appreciate that you probably didnt get many gameovers, but nor did the reviewers. According to them, they were all long time fans.
    ____Ernest

The Quiet One Game Progress (No Spoilers) Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've reached chapter ten and at 22 hours now. I'm still using some of my really old weapons since I've upgraded them so much. I know that Fang's weapon is up at lv 14 now and I was just seeing how high it would go. I think I'm on stage 7 of the Crystarium now.

Things is still pretty focused (no pun intended ^^; ) with the path I can take. I thought that I'd be able to reach the opening point of the game today, but I didn't make it. I was just a little short. I only have three eidolons right now. Sazh's eidolon was the hardest one for me to get thus far. I had to reset 4 times before I managed to do it.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Blog Entries

Really? It took me half an hour and several resets to take down Odin. He either killed Hope off too fast or I'd just barely run out of time. >.< Grr. But then, I was still messing around with Paradigms at that point. The game's pretty intuitive with its default setups but I prefer using my own anyways.

As for progress, I just entered Felix Heights with Lightning and Fang. Fang is awesome. And I'm rather pleased to find a couple of my earlier theories were correct. Not that it was hard to figure out, but pleasing nonetheless.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Quote Originally Posted by DragonHeart View Post
    I just entered Palumpolum with Lightning and Hope.
    That is where I am heading right now. Weapon customization is a little weird, but I have the hang of it. Odin shall dine in Hell.

SeeD Instructor Game Progress (No Spoilers) theblackmonster's Avatar

so far the game has met every expectation of mine and more, in my opinion the game is flawless.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Game Progress (No Spoilers) Polk's Avatar

Really? It took me half an hour and several resets to take down Odin. He either killed Hope off too fast or I'd just barely run out of time. >.< Grr. But then, I was still messing around with Paradigms at that point. The game's pretty intuitive with its default setups but I prefer using my own anyways.
    Odin is a dick and I hate him
    Spoiler:
    until I used him in battle and now he's my best friend.

Anyway, just caught up with Snow's happenings on the Lindblum. I am loving the hell out of this game thus far.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

I beat Odin on the first try. I guess some people do not have the strategy guide?

Blog Entries

Just woke up rofl. I'm on chapter 10 right now, trying to powerrush my ass through this game. I'm pretty underpowered at the moment but I found an easy place for 512CP/250EXP in a few second battles, so I'm abusing that at the moment. I gotta go to work in an hour (hopefully I'll live -_-) and then after that I'll probably play again from like 7pm-2/3ish in the am.

EDIT: Vanille is a bigger whore then J-Lo btw.
    Last edited by Rocky; 03-10-2010 at 01:41 PM.

Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

This ain't no place for no hero Game Progress (No Spoilers) Tiffany's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    I beat Odin on the first try. I guess some people do not have the strategy guide?
    I have it, but I won't use it until my 2nd playthrough. 1st playthrough is me doing it on my own figuring things out... the walkthrough is to do a 100% completion of the game.

im in natalus park with sazh and venille
    current games playing:
    Fallout New Vegas

Death Before Dishonor Game Progress (No Spoilers) Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am currently at the Vile Peaks. I just beat the Dreadnought. I have been busy today and haven't had a chance to do any intense game play. Of course when I get a kick ass game I have been waiting for I have to work and shit.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sazh's chocobo makes me laugh every time I see it. So cute! I want one. >_>
    So do I. >>

I've just finished the run with Sazh and Vanille (after you get Odin). I think I'm about nine hours in from last time I checked.

I seem to be doing okay on the Crystarium. I'm unsure if I'm supposed to be getting my characters to specialise in a certain Role like I did in FFXII, but for the moment I'm mixing it up a little bit. I'd quite like more battles so to gain some more CP (the one thing I'm not loving is the lack of respawning enemies), but I'm sure a few more hours in I'll find many more to fight.

I have over 2200Gil. I've not sold anything yet, nor bought anything. I'm finding/winning enough supplies... or 'spoils'. xD

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Blog Entries

Chapter 11. Holy shit the Archlyte Steppe is hugeeeeeeeeeeee.

Oh, and don't **** with the Cactuars. Or the Amphisbaenas. They mean business.

I'm gonna call it a night, too exhausted to pull another allnighter

Whew... I'm now in the Sunleth Waterscape. Finally, there's natural-looking surroundings to run through for a while, instead of all the mechanized stuff that's been going on so far. The music is really nice too. ^^ Sazh had his flashback, and I got to see little Dajh for the first time.

As for the Chrystarium, I'm really just getting everything as maxed out as I can, but it's costing more CP to do that, so I may just have to start focusing my characters a little more. For right now though, I'll keep on doing what I have been doing until my party gets back together, then I'll get them focused.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

i have just reached "intermission" at the end of chapter 9
    current games playing: