Thread: FFXIII-2 Crystal Edition

xcitu

FFXIII-2 Crystal Edition

I found this information a few days ago:
    Link; http://www.eurogamer...al-edition-info

"Those who order the game early from certain retailers will get the FF13-2 Pre-Order Pack. It delivers a steelbook case for the game, includes a set of art cards, a novel bridging the gap between FF13 and FF13-2 plus a download code for the "Fight In Style" DLC pack.

The "Fight In Style" pack gifts gamers a new in-game monster named Omega and several alternate costumes.
    "

Do you know which retailers that are selling this "Fight In Style" pack?

For the record: My first ever "edition-pack" game I´m buying. After I finished FFXIII I realized that this was most likely the best game I´ve ever played.

Genji FFXIII-2 Crystal Edition Skai's Avatar

Re: FFXIII-2 Crystal Edition

UK only.

US get these though: Amazon, GameStop and BestBuy.

If you prefer Japanese original voice but want English texts (menus, subtitles and whatnot), rumor has it the Asian (not Japan) version from YesAsia is the one to look out for.

Wrong forum by the way.
    Last edited by Skai; 12-28-2011 at 09:07 AM.
    Skai Aetheris, Gilgamesh

Mystyrion
    I hate it when they give different editions to different countries.

I havent decided yet but i think i want the best buy book you get from the preorders. Seems like the most unique of the preorder bonuses.

xcitu

Thanks for the replies and sorry for wrong forum, I thought General would be the best place.

Do you know if there´s a way to buy Crystal Edition in UK and then have it shipped to another country?

I really really want the extra pre-order stuff.

The Old Skool Warrior FFXIII-2 Crystal Edition LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you're playing on PS3, the system is region-free, meaning you can play any PS3 game from anywhere in the world. The downside is that the DLC (i.e. preorder bonuses, anything you download from the PSN) would be locked to whatever region the game is from, and if your PSN account doesn't match that region, you would not be able to utilize the downloadable extras.

If you're playing on 360, consoles are region-locked, so you need to get your local copy.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Mystyrion

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    If you're playing on PS3, the system is region-free, meaning you can play any PS3 game from anywhere in the world. The downside is that the DLC (i.e. preorder bonuses, anything you download from the PSN) would be locked to whatever region the game is from, and if your PSN account doesn't match that region, you would not be able to utilize the downloadable extras.

If you're playing on 360, consoles are region-locked, so you need to get your local copy.
    Not entirely true. Some games on the 360 work, others don't.
    Some think its up to developers, but no one really knows.

Playasia has an okay list of games, but its only US & Japaneses releases.
    Considering FFXIII US is compatible with the UK 360 i would say it has a so-so chance of working on your 360.

EDIT: Here is the list, its on the Final Fantasy page. I'm to lazy to go back.

I got an email from square about this pre-order bonus stuff and it included a list of retailers offering the bonuses, but the only european retailer listed said, if I remember correctly, that it would only ship to the UK. The retailer in question is GAME. If any one can verify this I would much appreciate it.

Also can any one tell me what the difference between the crystal and collector's editions is? What I know is that both include a 4-disc soundtrack package, six art cards of some sort, and an artbook. The crystal edition includes a t-shirt too, I believe. Any one know if this is accurate?

Nobody Shaves Me FFXIII-2 Crystal Edition Gummy's Avatar

GAME, Gamestation, and Gameplay are the only retailers I've noticed that offers all of those goodies. Amazon.co.uk just has a weapon for Noel, and the others I checked offered no bonus at all.

Anyways, GAME will ship to the US (and several other countries) ~ https://www.game.co.uk/en/info/Stati...atalogId=10201

If you want to contact GAME ~ https://www.game.co.uk/en/info/Conta...atalogId=10201

Our country code is 44.

Suggest doing so by telephone, emailing GAME...well, let's just say they usually take a while to respond. =]

Crystal edition gets a High Definition Lenticular Artprint, showing an iconic image of Lightning on top of that as well (at least in the UK). https://member.eu.square-enix.com/si...c512ceec28.jpg
    Last edited by Gummy; 01-24-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Crash Boom Bang FFXIII-2 Crystal Edition Lily's Avatar

i gave up trying to pre order the crustal edition, couldnt find it anmywhere, so i gave up and ordered the collectors editon from game

it'll likely only end up gathering dust in the corner anyway

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm on the fence about the Crystal Edition. If you know me, I'm a person who goes ape shit bananas for Limited/Collector's Editions, and I'd love this one... but I don't want to be disappointed by the game.

Seems pretty cool though. I can pre-order it online and still get my discount in my store, so it won't feel as expensive. I have at least another week to think about it.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Dayman FFXIII-2 Crystal Edition Tezcat's Avatar

I went for the crystal edition a week or so ago. GAME got it back in stock briefly. I picked it because I want the full soundtrack. I've played through the Japanese version and really enjoyed it so figured why not.

Is the novel/book in English? I've only seen Japanese ones on Ebay.

Mystyrion
    Quote Originally Posted by otomo View Post
    Is the novel/book in English? I've only seen Japanese ones on Ebay.
    Yes quite a few popped up on eBay last night. Best Buy had them as a preorder bonus.
    It's only 26 pages long. Some of them are upwards of 40 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bias x View Post
    Yes quite a few popped up on eBay last night. Best Buy had them as a preorder bonus.
    It's only 26 pages long. Some of them are upwards of 40 bucks.
    Yeah I noticed that. Little bit of lag time there. I have a gut feeling this price'll drop real quick so I'm just biding my time there.

Mystyrion
    Quote Originally Posted by otomo View Post
    Yeah I noticed that. Little bit of lag time there. I have a gut feeling this price'll drop real quick so I'm just biding my time there.
    Already dropping haha. I picked mine up for $25 yesterday.