Thread: Final Fantasy Versus 13

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Final Fantasy Versus 13 Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Final Fantasy Versus 13

What do you guys think about the trailer, graphics, onset battle system, modern outdating and stuff like that?

Video here...
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
    v=7plpIIoHKcoYouTube - Final Fantasy Versus XIII Trailer - Square-Enix Production 01 (18th January 2011)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hurry fast cause it probably won't be up for long.

My personal take is that... THE GRAPHICS ARE FREAKIN RIDICOULOUS! And I hope for more non-urban placements cause it looked awesome.
    And the monsters look great as well, as for the stroy, it isn't interesting yet, probably cause I don't know much but eh...

THe less fantasy of the urban, but fantasy in the wildness is cool.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Final Fantasy Versus 13 Treize's Avatar

Re: Final Fantasy Versus 13

I also thought the graphics were amazing, but I'm really skeptical of the game. It doesn't look like Final Fantasy at all... Since when do you use mecha in a Final Fantasy game? Anyway, the opening reminded me of a mixture of Final Fantasy VIII when Squall met Rinoa, and Final Fantasy X's Zanarkand...

Like you, I'm also hoping that most of the game takes place in a more rural setting. I'm hoping that the urban setting was just mainly for the intro. In my opinion you can't really have much of an epic fantasy adventure in the city.

Unfortunately, I've come to the point where I have to question if any new Final Fantasy game will be good. I'm hoping that this game will be at least decent. I don't expect it to bring Final Fantasy back to where it once was, but hopefully it doesn't drag the series down further.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

The Quiet One Final Fantasy Versus 13 Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's often said Lightning is a male Cloud and so by some sort of extension FFXIII should be the FFVII of the new generation. But from everything I've seen Versus has more of the FFVII feel to things, in terms of setting. From the trailer and some rough translations that people have started making. It sounds like things will start in the city and then you will leave the city as you build a resistance force.

So comparison, FFVII starts out in Midgar before you make a very hasty exodus and left to explore the world. You go from technology to fantasy. Which is the same vibes that Versus gives. You go from technology to fantasy. You're in a city and then you're exiled to the countryside.

Also to note, if translations are anywhere near accurate. During part of the trailer they are talking about the light that they see in the distance. Only certain people can see that light. It is the Door of the Dead. Anyone that can see it going to die soon, but a side bonus is you get special powers. So if correct, that would mean our main character has a destiny of death, which will likely be fulfilled at the completion of the game. Making for a darker mood. Talk about a spoiling the ending at the start of the game.

There is also mention of something thinking that they heard l'Cie in the trailer. As mentioned before, the games are supposed to have the same mythology. So the likelihood of having fal'Cie and l'Cie are probably good. Though the Goddess Ento (or whatever), they said she is the Goddess of Death this time in Versus, which she was more the Goddess of Life in XIII. So we'll see how much names mean.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Final Fantasy Versus 13 Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Wow, that's interesting, I know Ento was a Fal'cie but, it really confuses me, I don't want to play as a guy who will die cause, then I would refuse to get some sort of attachment.
    I REALLY didn't like the Fal'cie and L'cie thing, it was horiball
    Don't get me wrong... wait never-mind, think what you may. They should have removed the whole thing lol

I am seriously confusing myself lol

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Blog Entries

Ento is a Goddess and not fal'Cie I think, I'm pretty sure there is a difference. Plus there is a certain implied sense that all of the fal'Cie are just machines, really advanced machines. At least in the case of FFXIII's take on the mythology.

In the end fal'Cie and l'Cie are just names to be used. Versus is allowed to interrupt them in a completely different light with a different meaning. But we don't know yet how much using the same mythology affects each game. If we had a translation of the Fabula Nova Crystallis video that they showed, I'd expect that we'd have a clearer answer to what their intentions are with the mythology. Since the whole video was just a big story, no doubt explaining the mythology that they have created for everything revolving around anything "XIII" related.

That is true, I can't really seeing L'cie being incorporated unless that Light thingy.
    But I have heard, about the gameplay, that there will be subway stations and stuff like that, basically a Sandbox FF in a world map sense, that seems confusing, also they have mentioned that there is a world map, which is awesome.

Blog Entries

Yes, there is supposed to be an overworld and you're supposed to have your own airship that you can fly around the overworld map. Which are features I've been missing since FFIX. So I'm excited just to see those things back.

I don't know if it is going to be an open world FF game, but the direction definitely seems to be more open and non-linear like FF games from the PSone and earlier generations. Considering that is what a lot of fans are crying for. It should make them pretty happy.

Yes, it does sound pretty awesome.
    I mean, even having a move able Airship will please 90% of us hardcore fans ^^
    Well they have stated they will listen to gamers, but hopefully "us" westerners don't mess it all up, I mean I rather have a JRPG than a WRPG anyday

Damn, I need to know how the FFXIII world ties in. I just looked up the game on IMDB.com and its says one of the characters names is Cid. and if u look at the voice actor its the same guy that did the voice of Cid Raines (Erik Davies). Erik Davies - IMDb

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Also to note, if translations are anywhere near accurate. During part of the trailer they are talking about the light that they see in the distance. Only certain people can see that light. It is the Door of the Dead. Anyone that can see it going to die soon, but a side bonus is you get special powers. So if correct, that would mean our main character has a destiny of death, which will likely be fulfilled at the completion of the game. Making for a darker mood. Talk about a spoiling the ending at the start of the game.
    I wouldn't consider it a spoiler - anything could happen. Like the ending from FFXIII. I honestly thought everyone was doomed right from the start, and
    part of the ending:
    believed the trickery at the end.

I'd like to think that there will be a change of events later on in the story. But yes, I've heard this will be a darker game so maybe they have spoiled too much.

As for the game? It feels as though it's been in the making for too long. I heard about this game before FFXIII. And now we're hearing word of confirmations on FFXIII-2? There's going to be four games in the FFXIII universe, and Bob knows about other potential plans.

It certainly looks like a stunner, and I like the music. I was a fan of the world FFVII was set in, and this does give off a similar feel.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Hmm, Square seems to be really pushing out the FF franchise lately, I mean in all, with in the next 2 years I believe we will have...

Duodecim
    Kingdom hearts
    Versus
    13-2
    Type-0 (previously known as Agito)
    A 3ds FF game has been announced but no details are shown.
    And FF14 ps3 (hopefully revamped)

I will say this first....the main character is nothing like Cloud or Squall or any FF character to that. He will be his own unique one.

I am interested in the Kingdom Hearts style combat style as well as something I only got to see in Summoner 2 (probably cause I didn't play a ton of RPGs back in my teenage years) where you can control the other teammates in the third person free for all hack and slashy type combat like Kingdom Hearts.

Also the story might be very interested at least, character relations might be something we have all seen before. I am interested in seeing the connections between XIII and this one, they are in the same universe but...who knows.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Badass Military Agent Final Fantasy Versus 13 Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

I just hope the characters are worth tolerating. From the sounds of its, the director's promised FF fans something dark and different from XIII. I mean FFXIII was designed to bring in new fans for the series, so I'm hoping Versus XIII is designed for us oldies, and not the youngins.

I await Versus XIII's arrival with Great Anticipation

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Is this suppose to take place in Japan? or just in the future of the XIII universe. The suspense is killing me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KingClaudius View Post
    Is this suppose to take place in Japan? or just in the future of the XIII universe. The suspense is killing me!!!

I could be the distant future or even the distant past of the XIII world.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    I could be the distant future or even the distant past of the XIII world.
    I completely agree with ur past theory. I just didnt wanna say it because im new and Ive been getting shit for anything I say lol. Fal'cie are machines right? so maybe this is How the Fal'cie were made and this is the story before everything happend. and can someone please explain to me why it says Cid is part of the Verses cast. and is played by the same voice actor. how is that possible

Blog Entries

The games will not take place on the same planet or timeline. They are completely separate. The only thing that is linking them is a common mythology. It is just like saying that Shiva, Ifrit, the crystals, moogles and chocobos are the "mythology" of the FF franchise. They are only linked by that thread and no other. Versus and XIII are the same.

It has been commented that the city in Versus is very Japanese, which when you look closer nearly all of it is parts out of Tokyo, specifically Shinjuku. Even the toll way it something from Japan that Japanese citizens would recognize. It is a part to provide a base and familiar to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    The games will not take place on the same planet or timeline. They are completely separate. The only thing that is linking them is a common mythology. It is just like saying that Shiva, Ifrit, the crystals, moogles and chocobos are the "mythology" of the FF franchise. They are only linked by that thread and no other. Versus and XIII are the same.

It has been commented that the city in Versus is very Japanese, which when you look closer nearly all of it is parts out of Tokyo, specifically Shinjuku. Even the toll way it something from Japan that Japanese citizens would recognize. It is a part to provide a base and familiar to the players.
    Yea so if it is the same "mythology" then there has to be Fal'cie. I doubt that there gonna name it Verses XIII and make it have to do with absolutely nothing to do with the XIII world. But it does look like its suppose to take place in tokyo

Blog Entries

Well the trailers all say that this is a fantasy based on reality. So the fact that they are making use of Tokyo in the game, is not really that unusual. It's been in all of their trailers. It just has not made a lot of sense until now with more of the city revealed.

All of the FFs do the same thing. So it shouldn't be that hard to believe that they would do it this way. If it was going to actually be linked, they'd probably do like with X and now with XIII. They would say XIII-2. Or like with FFVII, it would be FFVII: Subtitle. But it is FF Versus XIII. It comes before the number and not after. I think it is quite likely to be standalone.

Eh guess we gotta wait for more trailers, Im too impatient for this thats why i hate seeing trailers lol. Im hoping it does have to do with XIII, wether past or future...but its not looking that way with scenes lookin like tokyo

Well actually, it doesn't' need Fal'cie.
    Let's see, they were kinda like tools to build and sustain Pulse/cocoon, and since it is in another planet, and or universe, it really doesn't need Fal'cie.

it's stated tough there will be fal'cie
    sure we only saw one world till now but it's the same universe, the same gods are behind everything. if we look at the fal'cie like some kind of prophets of the ffxiii gods then they will prbbly also be there in versus 13 tough they will have a different task i guess, i would say they will be connected to the crystals

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCatcher View Post
    it's stated tough there will be fal'cie
    sure we only saw one world till now but it's the same universe, the same gods are behind everything. if we look at the fal'cie like some kind of prophets of the ffxiii gods then they will prbbly also be there in versus 13 tough they will have a different task i guess, i would say they will be connected to the crystals
    Ahh yes, you are right, the Gods used them as tools, now whatever role that may present in this game, that is something of interest. Guardians of the crystals? I only hope for more Fal'Cie battles.

Now, would that mean the Fal'Cie use Humans as tools as well? L'Cie?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Iniquity View Post
    Ahh yes, you are right, the Gods used them as tools, now whatever role that may present in this game, that is something of interest. Guardians of the crystals? I only hope for more Fal'Cie battles.

Now, would that mean the Fal'Cie use Humans as tools as well? L'Cie?
    sure i would say so, and that i would connect to the 'dragoons' as they are called. tough i don't know yet, we can still only speculate about it =p

Who will be the Playable Characters on Final Fantasy Versus XIII and how many playble characters will be on Final Fantasy Versus XIII

as for now only 4 playable characters are confirmed

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/ar...41277_640w.jpg

tough there might be more

Fortune Teller Final Fantasy Versus 13 Cait Sith's Avatar

I think it looks more appealing than the original XIII.
    Graphics look gorgeous and the sound is great.
    I also find myself more fond of Noctis than Lightning because he seems... different.
    Lightning was supposed to be a character like Cloud, which I do believe she fails at
    Whereas Noctis is, in the words of Nomura, not who you expect him to be.
    I'm eager to see more now!

xxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx
    { Want your fortune told? Just ask, nya!~ I'm a master!}

Registered User Final Fantasy Versus 13 Alex's Avatar

I believe this game is going to be breath-taking, a new era in Final Fantasy.
    I've read that Noctis (Who seems awesome) is protecting the last crystal, which brings you back to the very first FF's, which I think is great!
    Also, the battle system seems very promising.
    But the best thing I've hear so far is that you will be able to control and airship, and visit a ton of villages and kingdoms... !!!!! HELL YEAH !!!!!