Thread: FFXIII-3 Teased

Mystyrion

FFXIII-3 Teased

Square Teases Final Fantasy XIII-3, Still no Date for FFX HD

Speaking with Famitsu, director Motomu Toriyama teased additional content, saying: The [FFXIII-2] Lightning download content had an ending that left a feeling mystery and hope. The day when the meaning of this will come to light is not too far off.
    I already disliked FXIII-2 quite a bit, I don't think I have the willpower to stomach through it just like FFX-2.
    If a FFXIII-3 comes out, I will definitely be waiting and/or renting the game before I buy it.

The Old Skool Warrior FFXIII-3 Teased LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: FFXIII-3 Teased

Am I the only person who thoroughly enjoyed the warped puzzle that was FFXIII-2? Dang. And I absolutely loved FFXIII as well. Now, it really depends what they would do with FFXIII-3 though... if it's more paradox business, I don't know if I could handle that for two games in a row. Would this be a "this is the future if you finished XIII-2 with the perfect ending" business? Or perhaps you could import XIII-2 save files and it would play out differently depending upon which ending you last received...
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Mystyrion

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    Am I the only person who thoroughly enjoyed the warped puzzle that was FFXIII-2? Dang. And I absolutely loved FFXIII as well. Now, it really depends what they would do with FFXIII-3 though... if it's more paradox business, I don't know if I could handle that for two games in a row. Would this be a "this is the future if you finished XIII-2 with the perfect ending" business? Or perhaps you could import XIII-2 save files and it would play out differently depending upon which ending you last received...
    I imagine it would be more the, "this is the future if you finished XIII-2 with the perfect ending"

That would be an extremely expansive game if it had a different course for every ending. Unless it was the same game with slight differences like Mass Effect.

The Old Skool Warrior FFXIII-3 Teased LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd imagine that's what they would have to do if they were to include any of the imperfect endings from XIII-2. It could be cool... but it could be just as easy to make it a direct sequel to XIII as though the paradox never occurred to begin with. It works from a storyline standpoint since Serah would be the only one aware of the initial paradox, assuming everything was put back to the proper XIII ending.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Magically Delicous FFXIII-3 Teased Merlin's Avatar

I'll probably end up getting it just because I'm curious how the story ends. If it is another game focused on paradoxes I'm waiting until it is bargain bin price though. Anyone who actually payed attention in science should be scratching their heads wondering WTF the author was smoking when he wrote FFXIII-2. I'm a huge fan of sci-fi but whomever wrote that clearly doesn't know shit about sci-fi. I mean come on... changes in the future effect the past? Seriously? That fried rice I just ate caused Gene Roddenberry to never be born. OH MY GAWD!

The Quiet One FFXIII-3 Teased Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Considering the ending resolved the paradox problem. Unless they want to bring it back some how, then I doubt they will do anything with them. My guess it will be probably like FFXIII or it will try to be more open like previous FF and like what FFXIII-2 did miss the time traveling.

I loved FFXIII and FFXIII-2 even more so. So I'm very excited to see FFXIII-3 and the conclusion. And you aren't the only one Loco. I enjoyed the puzzles in the game as well. Some of them were a little annoying but overall I really like them. I don't expect the same ones again, but I would like to see more mini-games in XIII-3. If they can make something as addictive as Hot and Cold from IX I'll be very delighted.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Mystyrion
    More possibility for final fantasy XIII - 3

http://go.ign.com/N1PW2l

I will be waiting for the story to make sense enough of the time travel crap already give me verses already
    Tydis

I thank THE LEGEND OF DRAGOON because it wasn't for this game I would have never started playing FINAL FANTASY and discovered FINAL FANTASY X which is my favorite game I would be more than happy to put this pic as my signature.

Chocobo Queen FFXIII-3 Teased Katpuss's Avatar

Personally I can't wait for FF XIII-3 to become reality... I loved XIII and XIII-2... the story lines were complex and very emotional. Let's face it, there are some who love these installments and there are those who hate it. Its a bit like Marmite really :-)
    Vanille: "Wishes can come true, but not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves, here and now"
    Lightning: "It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do"

Cloud of Darkness: "We are the Cloud of Darkness...None shall stand before the flood of darkness. With it, we will bring the Void to this world, and your world of light as well..."
    Luneth: "We won't let you! Not if we have anything to say about it!"

Cloud: "And if you don't tell us...I'll chop them off"
    Aerith: "...I'll rip them off"
    Tifa: "I'll smash them"

I will have to Wait for a Trailer to Come out on September 1, 2012. I will have to wait to see that i do not know yet.

Hopefully they'll fix up the holes that FF XIII-2 made due to spreading out the game's story and everything and hopefully it's a full title that will explain everything from FF XIII-2's messy plot-holes and not just a Lightning spin off " coz lighting iz kooL " please give us a proper title that will explain everything well and clearly and a proper fill closed ending, please don't goof around SE.

As said before FF XIII was fine by itself by it's own unique title.

Spoony Bard FFXIII-3 Teased TheRedBard's Avatar
    In Walse, but I take skiing vacations to Narshe once a year.
    I'm excited to see what XIII-3 will have in store as well. People generally criticize XIII for its linearity amongst other things (and they do have a point with the linearity and deviation from the traditional feel of FF), but I think it has amazing characters and an interesting world worth exploring.

I think the guys at SE just don't want to leave behind an interesting setting and set of characters when there could be more done do open this world to players. They tried improving on aspects in XIII-2, and I saw that they did try to respond to some people's concerns, but it still wasn't the perfect game. Perhaps by XIII-3 they'll be able to present something people won't so casually bash. Third time's always a charm.
    Nothing like 16-Bit Final Fantasies. Nothing.

Mystyrion
    Could Final Fantasy XIII-3 be announced at Pax Prime?
    Its the 25th Anniversary of Final Fantasy.

The first day of Pax they are having a separate building to celebrate the 25th anniversary, with tons of different consoles and games to play. Also at the end of the first day a film will be shown about Lightning.

"Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase, as well as director Motomu Toriyama and art director Isamu Kamikokuryo will make a video appearance to shed light on what is next for Lightning and the rest of FFXIII’s cast of characters."

North American Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Event to be Held at PAX Prime

Is Snow Villiers, Oerba Dia Vanille, Sazh Katzroy, Hope Estheim, Noel Kreiss, Oerba Yun Fang, Serah Farron, Cid Raines, Yaag Rosch, Jihl Nabaat, Galenth Dysley aka Barthandelus, Bartholomew Estheim, Nora Estheim, Alyssa Zaidelle, Team Nora Members Paddara Nsu Yeul and Caius Ballad going to Appear in Final Fantasy XIII-3 Lightning Saga?

Chocobo Queen FFXIII-3 Teased Katpuss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie1984 View Post
    Is Snow Villiers, Oerba Dia Vanille, Sazh Katzroy, Hope Estheim, Noel Kreiss, Oerba Yun Fang, Serah Farron, Cid Raines, Yaag Rosch, Jihl Nabaat, Galenth Dysley aka Barthandelus, Bartholomew Estheim, Nora Estheim, Alyssa Zaidelle, Team Nora Members Paddara Nsu Yeul and Caius Ballad going to Appear in Final Fantasy XIII-3 Lightning Saga?
    I really hope so and I am hoping SE announce XIII-3. I love XIII, XIII-2 was cool as well although some people were unable to understand the complexity of the paradox.
    Vanille: "Wishes can come true, but not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves, here and now"
    Lightning: "It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do"

Cloud of Darkness: "We are the Cloud of Darkness...None shall stand before the flood of darkness. With it, we will bring the Void to this world, and your world of light as well..."
    Luneth: "We won't let you! Not if we have anything to say about it!"

Cloud: "And if you don't tell us...I'll chop them off"
    Aerith: "...I'll rip them off"
    Tifa: "I'll smash them"