Thread: FFXIII-2 - What would you like to see?

Boxer of the Galaxy FFXIII-2 - What would you like to see? Rowan's Avatar

FFXIII-2 - What would you like to see?

---
    Last edited by Rowan; 03-10-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Certified tech, come at me! FFXIII-2 - What would you like to see? SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: FFXIII-2 - What would you like to see?

To be very honest, I wished square wasn't making a continuation of this particular game. Story was ok but it should end where it ended, I'd rather see a proper FF game that has the traditional turn-based system with skills, magic, and some sort of system that players can adapt to and enjoy, a captivating plotline, memorable characters and areas, good soundtrack, and replayability. If XIII-2, at all, manages to pull it off, I would be impressed and play it.
    Currently Playing:

More balanced characters. I hated how my two least favorite characters ended up being the best in magic and strength. If they are gonna make one character so ultimate just don't tack them on the party 10/13ths of the way through the story.

More places to be revisited rather then just an empty planet with a large field.

To be more memorable in general, Towns with townspeople will help with this.

The characters to be more likeable. No whiney bitch crying for all the wrong reasons with only the excuse of being a retard kid.

Not to be pulled back at all by making it possible for the Xbox to play it.
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Blog Entries

less linear, more girl power, more challenging, optional stuff.

and new female characters? I'm always all for that, as long as their good looking enough to keep in the party.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) FFXIII-2 - What would you like to see? che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Honestly, yes. I'm still torn on what I think about FFXIII and whether its for younger audiences than me, or whatever. I enjoyed it anyway. I'd play a FFXIII-2, but I can't judge that game yet, EVEN IF FFX-2 was released. Who's to say they'll take that route?

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

I'm DYING to see you! FFXIII-2 - What would you like to see? ViviMasterMage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    ...and new female characters? I'm always all for that, as long as their good looking enough to keep in the party.
    I was just going to say more cleavage. Nevermind.

Anyhoo, I think that they could do a Final Fantasy X-2 sort of deal. (No, not continuing that story and making it a utter disgrace.)

More like changing the gameplay mechanics up with maybe the original level system or something of that sort? Addition of new characters that won't annoy you to wits end or enviroments that doesn't make you feel like a claustrophobic but are still visually stunning. The more subtle changes to XIII, the better.

Oh, and more cleavage. =)

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea

The British Guy. FFXIII-2 - What would you like to see? Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A town would be nice that you can voluntarily enter rather than be dragged there by the story line.

Bring back Quezacotl!!

A male character that doesn't make me want to cry from crapness (except Sazh but he's pretty useless).

Less children in the partys

Easier weapon upgrades or at least manuals you can find to which special element upgrades which weapon rather than waste all of the gil i have.

4 person partys would be nice but i highly doubt that.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a strong feeling it's going to be just as linear than Final Fantasy XIII. I'm not getting my hopes up.

What I would like to see is an easier way to earn Gil. That was one of the things that drove me insane playing FFXIII, was not having enough to buy what I wanted or needed.

I'd also like to see the level(s) of my character(s).

Either way, I did enjoy FFXIII. I'm not going to give it a hard time because it was an enjoyable game, and I'm actually looking forward to the sequels to expand on the story.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Bananarama FFXIII-2 - What would you like to see? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIII-2? Really?

That's Square Enix's cash cow, up above. Looks like it's been milked dry.

I don't want to see FFXIII-2, since I was told that the original was pretty terrible for a Final Fantasy. I'm sick of spin offs and merchandising for money, when a real moneymaker would be an incredible and new FF, where the production team actually gave a shit.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Badass Military Agent FFXIII-2 - What would you like to see? Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    A free roaming world map would be great. Id like to see more customizations for weapons and magic. If they made ffXIII how they made XII in terms of the maps and quests throughout the game, it would have been much more of a success I believe.
    Agreed, if they make it somewhat similar to FFXII, I would also believe the game would be much much better, but XIII was good in it's own way

Quote Originally Posted by Sabin Rene Figaro View Post
    To be very honest, I wished square wasn't making a continuation of this particular game. Story was ok but it should end where it ended, I'd rather see a proper FF game that has the traditional turn-based system with skills, magic, and some sort of system that players can adapt to and enjoy, a captivating plotline, memorable characters and areas, good soundtrack, and replayability. If XIII-2, at all, manages to pull it off, I would be impressed and play it.
    Honestly if SE is gonna keep trying these -2 versions of FF games, they might as well go through the rest of the FF games and add an -2 version of it's own. I would love to see an VIII-2 or an IX-2 lol hell even an VI-2

Quote Originally Posted by Dan558 View Post
    More balanced characters. I hated how my two least favorite characters ended up being the best in magic and strength. If they are gonna make one character so ultimate just don't tack them on the party 10/13ths of the way through the story.

To be more memorable in general, Towns with townspeople will help with this.
    I kinda thought since on Cocoon, L'cie was like the devil and not allowed in towns that Gran Pulse would have towns since I assumed everyone there was a Gran Pulse L'cie so towns there would had been possible

Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Honestly, yes. I'm still torn on what I think about FFXIII and whether its for younger audiences than me, or whatever. I enjoyed it anyway. I'd play a FFXIII-2, but I can't judge that game yet, EVEN IF FFX-2 was released. Who's to say they'll take that route?
    Indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    Less children in the partys

4 person partys would be nice but i highly doubt that.
    Agreed there also, less children in the main cast of characters period. It's good to see their trying to incorporate all ages but I mean there's a place and time for that *cough Kingdom Hearts cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    I have a strong feeling it's going to be just as linear than Final Fantasy XIII. I'm not getting my hopes up.

What I would like to see is an easier way to earn Gil. That was one of the things that drove me insane playing FFXIII, was not having enough to buy what I wanted or needed.

I'd also like to see the level(s) of my character(s).

Either way, I did enjoy FFXIII. I'm not going to give it a hard time because it was an enjoyable game, and I'm actually looking forward to the sequels to expand on the story.
    Yeah earning gil was a chore by itself, I was struggling to buy anything, it got to the point where if I wasn't using a particular weapon at all or accessories I'd sell em to make some cash...

Levels of the characters would be nice to see, but the levels they did have in XIII was confusing, a boss was lvl 56 at the beginning of the game, where other bosses or even regular mobs ranged from lvl 5 to lvl 55... I just stopped caring at that point.

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Certified tech, come at me! FFXIII-2 - What would you like to see? SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks like someone isn't very pleased with the announcement of FFXIII-2

hitler is informed about FFXIII-2
    Currently Playing:

Let darkness overshadow the light.. FFXIII-2 - What would you like to see? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Linus Li Lelouch View Post
    Levels of the characters would be nice to see, but the levels they did have in XIII was confusing, a boss was lvl 56 at the beginning of the game, where other bosses or even regular mobs ranged from lvl 5 to lvl 55... I just stopped caring at that point.
    I think that is like...
    Trying to add depth into enemies or some... Idk
    Like how skilled the specified enemy is.
    If you fought the damn motorcycles at level 1, and then fought another motorcycle that was 99, then...

Wait wait wait, it's all unnecessary and I am horribly confusing myself.
    It was pointless. Maybe if they did the same thing In FF8, the confusing levels wouldn't be a problem.

Really now, a motorcycle?

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

If Hope returns, he needs to be older and more mature. I'd like to have a party that can think (they all seemed a little on the dumb side to me, except for maybe lightning.) A much larger world that feels like an actual "world". A combat system that requires more thought and choices instead of "mash the 'x' button."

Benthic

Shorter distances between the weapon upgrades. 5 or 6 levels per weapon instead of 3.

And bigger swords....I mean FF big swords that look really cool. And different looking as they changed levels.

A section in the menu that shows a 3D rotatable render of each party member. Animated or not it would be cool to see each character and to zoom in and out to check out their clothes or weapons and what not.

A way to watch the unlocked cutscenes. Just to enjoy and review the story.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み FFXIII-2 - What would you like to see? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Less linear gameplay. Sure XIII opens up, but really late in the game. I'd like a bit more freedom earlier on like in previous FF games.

Apart from that though, more of the same really. I hope they don't tamper with the battle system too much, because I think it's great (I've changed my tune on it recently, but I do think it's good). The Crystarium and Paradigm systems were good too. Perhaps give us some more classes to choose from, like Alchemist or something. Just to add a bit more spice without messing with previous ingredients.

Balaclavas on...let's go shopping!! FFXIII-2 - What would you like to see? nickness89's Avatar

I think uncapped experience grinding, and a non-linear game would make it better than XIII part uno xP

I'm extremely excited for it's release, but I just hope they don't make a complete hackjon like they have on two occasions (XI and XIV ... simply because i would never pay monthly for a game).

Passing fair judgement FFXIII-2 - What would you like to see? Judge Magistrate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frankie1984 View Post
    What about the Old Villains from Final Fantasy XIII such as Jihl, Yaag and Cid. Cid Raines has turned in to crystal and Jihl Nabaat was struck by the Barthandelus by the Ruin Spell and Yaag Roach has Sacrificed Himself killing the Behemoths and Galenth Dysley and He has the Owl Menrva they are all gone on Final Fantasy XIII and Jihl Nabaat and Yaag Rosch will be in the Invisible World same is Lightning. Cid Raines will be in the Invisible World Too.
    I think out of all the enemies of the first FFXIII Cid would be the only one to return. The rest appeared to be dead as a door nail.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.