Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FF13 Haters.

Question FF13 Haters.

I know that a great number of people who have played FF13 have thought that it was a complete pile of shite. Personallly I love this game but hey I am entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours. Just a question to those of you FF13 'haters' are any of you gonna buy FF13-2? Any answers by non FF13 'haters' will also be gratefully accepted.

Blog Entries

Re: FF13 Haters.

I liked Final Fantasy XIII. It wasn't as 'epic' as some games can be. But I still enjoyed it. I also really like Lightning. I don't know how you can 'hate' a game. It's a game, boo hoo. I think the mistake is that people expect it to be awesome, like the others. But each Final Fantasy game, hell any game, is its own game and should not be compared to the others. If you don't like it, fair enough. You don't have to like it. I will be buying Final Fantasy XIII-2 for my birthday, as it comes out in February in Australia

I want to play a game. FF13 Haters. Zargabaath's Avatar

I was greatly disappointed in the game and would say I have very little affection towards FFXIII, therefore I could be considered a hater. But I'm more a very disappointed and upset fan of the series.

Yes, I will be purchasing FFXIII-2. Probably get the NA collector's edition if there are any left when I pre-order. Being a fan of the series I want to have the game in my collection and would like to see how the game fares. The latter can't be accomplished if I don't play the game. What I liked most about FFXIII was the mythology/setting. It was very interesting but poorly executed. So I'll see how the story continues from here. Though I've heard plenty of negative comments of Toriyama's handling of The 3rd Birthday's story - that dealt with time travel - as does this upcoming game. So it may be more of the same as in FFXIII which would really suck. But yeah, I'll be getting the game.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Sir Prize FF13 Haters. Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi, my name is Brandon and I'm a FF13 hater. I know, most everyone was shocked when they found this out about me. But I've lived in comfort with this deadly secret for a while now.

Truth be known, the linearity of the game greatly perturbed me and I can't help but fear that this linearity is a new tradition for Squeenix. That somewhere and some point, a decision was made to barter story or gameplay for graphics.

FF12 had great gameplay but hardly any characters or thrilling story. FF13 has AMAZING story, WELL-DEVELOPED CHARACTERS, but linear gameplay and hardly any exploration or choice. It challenges the RPG in JRPG.

As for FF13-2? I'll let others be the guinea pigs and if it seems they've fixed what I hated, I'll buy a copy the very day

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

FF13 wasnt that bad. I just had to take it in small doses though. You really only do one thing throughout the game: fight random battles. And until mid to late game most of them could be one by just hitting the X button. I mean, with autobattle the game literally plays itself.

And when the game family did open up, what did you get to do? Fight more battles.

It was just so one dimensional.

To be fair though, most games are (especially shooters). But a good game hides it well.

Like Sinister above me said the story was good, and Lightning's voice acting was amazing (I think the same woman did Liara T'soni in Mass Effect)

I'll get FF13-2 for sure, but maybe not right away.

Final Fantasy 7 FREAK!!! FF13 Haters. MidgarPeaceMaker01's Avatar

At first, I thought that FFXIII was gonna be a sucky game, but it turned out to be quite a fun game. But u never passed it since the final boss was so freakin hard...but I will pass that game...I will...
    "Happiness is a perfume. You cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself... "

I don't hate the game, but I was very dissapointed. After squaresoft and the enix (don't know the company name before the merge) company merged to one, FF has been really bad. Squaresoft should split out of the company and start making real FF games again.

All is One.One is All. FF13 Haters. Firefly's Avatar

Hey,I am NOT a FF13 Hater,and I more than likely will buy FFXIII-2 when it comes out FF13 wasn't terrible..but it wasn't the best either. Like everyone else says,its very restrictive but it had amazing graphics.. a good story,and maybe one or two decent characters. But...anyways,I am hoping FFXIII-2 will be better(and not like FFX-2).
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIII wasn't a terrible game. Just no one expected a Final Fantasy game to be made as such. Bottom line: it didn't meet many of our expectations in terms of story and explorable and adjustable content.

The overall look was perfect. I think the characters, creatures and environments looked beautiful.

That all said, I re-bought the game on Xbox as well as PS3 too, despite having a platinum for it.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

I had alot of fun with ff13 but I look at all these ff13-2 videos and trailers and jeez I realise how cheesy and girlie the final fantasys game plotlines and characters have turned out. I'm not surprised that the main fanbase of FF nowadays are girls and homosexuals( no offense to them, we just have different tastes in entertainment)

Also the major problem with ff13 was the linearity of the game which, from what they say in the trailers, has been fixed in ff13-2,. I'll probably buy ff13-2 when I get bored with Skyrim and all the awesome games realeased in 2011, and when the game ain't 59,99% anymore.

I liked FF13 a lot so I'm totally going to buy ff13-2 (I know you asked about haters but I wanted to give some support for the game).

I think it was different and i like what i see gameplay wise for the new game to make it even more exciting.

leestittff13-2

I hope that ff13-2 lives up up to the standards but ff13 wasn't too great anyway. Still enjoyed it

Scourge of Esthar FF13 Haters. CrazedMonkey's Avatar

XIII is one of my favorites personally. The lack of free-roam didn't bother me like it did most people because I thought it made sense. I mean everyone knows your a l'cie and everyone is out to kill you for it. Hard to wander freely when the army has permission to shoot you on site. Aside from that, I really enjoyed the characters for the most part and I thought the story was pretty epic. The battle system frustrated me at times, but oh well, I could look past that pretty easy.
    Last edited by CrazedMonkey; 06-15-2013 at 10:32 PM.
    You'll have your reward for finding me, and don't think of running off without collecting. My shot is faster, or my names not Balthier.

Crash Boom Bang FF13 Haters. Lily's Avatar

I quite enjoyed XIII, it was fun enough, but theres never been that pull for me to replay it and 100% it like other games in the series, though I think that's mostly to do with the lack of sidequests, theres nothing really secret to uncover or that you are likely to have missed your first or second play through. Though I did enjoy the story despite Snow blabbering on about being a hero every 5 minutes which got old fast

Mug that I am, I'll be getting FFXIII - 2. I can't help myself. More money than sense really

I was really disappointed in FFXIII. If it wasn't for the.graphics I would put this on par with FF mystic quest. That being said I'll pickup FFXIII-2 when it's released. Also I'm currently relaying 13 in small doses and am finding a new appreciation for it. Like an earlier posted said, you really just have to play it as another game and not compare it to the other major FF titles or else you'll just focus on it's flaws.

Sidenote: I am finding I like Sazh and Vanille's story much better then the whole Lightening-Snow-Sara thing which doesn't bode well for 13-2 since that seems to be the premise to the whole ordeal.

Jack of all trades FF13 Haters. Red Mage's Avatar

I like FF13. Its a solid game on its own but when you compare it to other Final fantasy it fall rock bottom.

Hi there were Red Mages. We can hurt you with our Black Magic and heal you with our white Magic just so we can kick your asses some more. If we run out of MP or is just bored we can shank you with our sword. No need to waste your slots on a Black or White Mage since we can do both and more. So what if our stats aren't good or we can't use the best Magic of either classes, we can still hold our own far better than those two. Did we forget we also have a pimp hat and a badass feather on it. Our outfit's color is the same as your blood that is about to be spilled the second you fight us.Muhahahhaha Blue Mages,Dragoons,Monks, all of the classes don't got shit on us. Were just that good.

UhanRodric

I liked FF13 for what it was. I do miss the days of running aimlessly around a world map. But, thus is the way RPG's are going. It was very cinematic, which was always a strong point for the FF series. So I will most likely be playing FF13-2, especially since I've just switched to PS3 from 360.

Just my random thought on the topic.

BottleofLove

I would say I'm a FF13 hater since I gave up on it until recently that I discovered that FF13-2 is going to be released soon which made me play through FF13. I would say that my second time around this game was more attracting than the first time since I actually got past it.

It was ok, I broke it soon after buying due to my xbox being worthless, however its problrm is it to me was not really a rpg, sure it seemed like one, but there wasn't really any free roaming, and you made next to no decisions in the game, I would call it one of the worst if not the worst ff, but your right it should not be compared with other ffs, at least its not ff10-2

Nice to hear replies from both sides and I am not here to question or argue anyones opinions but i have something to say. I realized many people disliked the LINEARILTY of the game and I agree that it is quite linear, however despite this the game DOES open up if you play up to chapter 11 and past Chapter 13 and as for it being linear early on yes but personally for me the actual gameplay, graphics, sound, story, characters etc makles up for that but hey that is my opinion.

It's pretty bad when the most interesting part of the game is a baby Chocobo(that thing was awsome, i want one)

i dont mind the linearity, but i had a hard time getting invested in most of the characters and the battle system was bland.

I agree the chocobo is cute and cool, and as for the battle system, it is really good if you know how to set up your paradigms and during battle knowing when to shift paradigms (for the right situation) this shows you how well you know the game and how good you are at the game it is all dependant on your own knowlredge and ability and that is wht makes the battle system so good.

Quote Originally Posted by markandrewkinzett View Post
    I agree the chocobo is cute and cool, and as for the battle system, it is really good if you know how to set up your paradigms and during battle knowing when to shift paradigms (for the right situation) this shows you how well you know the game and how good you are at the game it is all dependant on your own knowlredge and ability and that is wht makes the battle system so good.
    i guess we can agree to disagree

I loved it from day 1. I think it was beautiful to look at, I could stare at it for countless hours and be fine. The characters were okay (yes, hope and vanille were whiney, but I really dig Lightning and others), and I liked the music too. A lot of the first battles were indeed just auto-battle, whereas the bosses required a little thought and a couple times through sometimes. It was very much like playing a nice CGI movie through, and I don't mind that at all, as much as that seems to be a criticism from others. We'll see how 2 does tonight

hi i dont know how antone can hate final fantasy 13. i know everone is entitled to their opinion but i apsulutly love this game. what i love about it is the cut scenes the graphics and yes how beautiful the game is. and anouther thing i heard about some of you dont like the extra stuff. let me tell you im doing the extra stuff now and i love every minute of it because its a challenge and plus you get to max up the crystarium and you get to power up you ulitmate weapons. im getting ff13-2 this week thats why im doing everythink in the first one. i have all ready completed the story in ff13 and that wy im doin the extra stuff. the way i see it is when doin the extra stuff you get to fill you beast caterlist the places that you go to and the powering up i love doin to get stronger to defeat the enimies. i could go on all day about this game but i wont lol. So that why i cant wait for final fantasy 13-2 when i get .

Registered User FF13 Haters. TheLastAdventAuron's Avatar

Personally I loved the first one so I wouldn't mind playing the second one just to play it. I wouldn't even mind it if I played it even if the story sucked, hey it's FF I don't care.

Vega Star System Resident FF13 Haters. Redthing's Avatar

I finally picked up 13 last week...and instead of the pure awesomeness I was expecting, I was given an exposure to some pretty horrible storyline I don't really think I'll be picking up 13-2 for a few years at least.

yeahok

I have to say I adore FFXIII.

I really couldn't get into FFXII (still haven't completed it ) but XIII got me back into the series big time.

hiya how can you get back into it if u hate final fantasy 13. I love ff13 i completed it and now i have ff13-2 im going to complete that to. i love my final fantasy game though 7 to 13-2 and cause i lost my ff13 save i'm looking forward to playing ff13 again. and see all thoses awesome cut scenes. then im looking forward to completeing ff13-2. im such a final fantasy fan i even have ffx tattoos on my leg such as yuna and rikku. i have a ff8 tatoo of griver on my wrist and a moogle on the other wrist and on my side of my tummy i have a moogle riding a chocobo. that is how much of a finak fantasy fan i am.

Chocobo Queen FF13 Haters. Katpuss's Avatar

Everyone has their favourite FF games and I really don't like it when people have a go at fans who like/love XIII.

My favourite installments (in order) are VII, XIII, XIII-2, IV and VI. I also like the original Tactics.

People have their opinions which they can share but some people really need to give it a rest and stop comparing XIII to VII. Different consoles and different era.
    Vanille: "Wishes can come true, but not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves, here and now"
    Lightning: "It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do"

Cloud of Darkness: "We are the Cloud of Darkness...None shall stand before the flood of darkness. With it, we will bring the Void to this world, and your world of light as well..."
    Luneth: "We won't let you! Not if we have anything to say about it!"

Cloud: "And if you don't tell us...I'll chop them off"
    Aerith: "...I'll rip them off"
    Tifa: "I'll smash them"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast