Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FF13 Haters.

Registered User FF13 Haters. Zidane77's Avatar

Re: FF13 Haters.

I thought this game was fun, but storyline was horrible and so melodramatic and forced at times, just didnt feel real.
    Other than storyline i dont find much fault with this game, since it had many positive aspects.
    Reason why it bothers me is because Final Fantasy used to have the best storyline ever and now i cant even watch without feeling silly and/or wanting to skip the cut-scene (Which didnt even happen in X-2 and XII, and those had questionable storylines).

Seems to me the storyline keeps getting worse with each game, but graphics/battle system and all that keeps being the center of attention.
    What i always loved about Final Fantasy was the characters,music and storyline and when some of those elements suck, its just a decent game u wanna sell rather than replay. Thats my opinion at least.
    Disappointing since i wanted to buy the DLC

Boxer of the Galaxy FF13 Haters. Rowan's Avatar

I didnt hate 13, but it has zero replayability. Your characters progression are limited to where you are in the story, some battles can only be fought and won in a single stratagy and its linear to the point where theres no freedom to explore or improve your characters in any way, besides the last chapter of the game. I dont know about you, but once I've completed a game I no longer feel motivation for improving my characters. It is only once you have completed the game that you are able to take on side bosses. This annoys me.

Btw right there i was mentioning XIII-2.
    They improved on some things in that game definetly, pretty obvious but made the storyline worse and annoying time traveling complex was very uncatchy.
    So both games overall are equally bad, but the first one i kinda liked better because it had a better story.
    Now those games can definetly be enjoyed but as a FF fan, those games are just ridic.
    Kingdom Hearts is the only thing that they've been doing since FFX, that is actually cool.

Edit: Also i dont like the fact how Square is taking advantage of their fan-base, for example:
    You can't play Coliseum without spending more money and the card game has to be bought as well, just a very expensive game.
    Loyal fans will continue to buy their crap and theyre not improving, just making online games and more bad games ( i didnt like Dissidia either).
    After XIII-2 i think im done buying FF, until i see something good. Still buying Kingdom Hearts though.

I think Crash Bandicoot is a good example:
    1,2,3 and CTR were super awesome and well worth the money and then they want you to spend 3x more money for Crash Bash which was by far the worst one (still fun tho )
    (Just a comparison and shows how stupid this is)
    Last edited by Zidane77; 05-04-2012 at 01:29 PM.

I bough XIII a whle ago, with very low expectations thanks to the bad comments I saw eveywhere. Turns out it was a very decent (but very frustrating too) game.

I got the Collector's edition of XIII-2 (Xbox 360 version) And so far, it's awesome.

Registered User FF13 Haters. Sheechiibii's Avatar

I did hate XIII, I was majorly disappointed in everything about the game. I won't post a huge monologue of all the things that I disliked but I'll just say that while games like XII I didn't love because the story was lacking and the characters were bland, the world map and the gameplay was so good that it still made the game playable and enjoyable for me. XIII's problem for me what that it had nothing for me to enjoy; not the story or the characters or the world or the gameplay or the sidequests, there literally was nothing for me to like and that's why I will say I hate it and was disappointed.

I have not bought XIII-2 and don't think I will, I've heard nothing about it that says I would really enjoy it much more than XIII and the demo didn't really excite me either.

Xx..xX

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.
    But now...When I look back... The people who should be here aren't.
    The ones who should be smiling with me aren't here."

Quote Originally Posted by Sheechiibii View Post
    I did hate XIII, I was majorly disappointed in everything about the game. I won't post a huge monologue of all the things that I disliked but I'll just say that while games like XII I didn't love because the story was lacking and the characters were bland, the world map and the gameplay was so good that it still made the game playable and enjoyable for me. XIII's problem for me what that it had nothing for me to enjoy; not the story or the characters or the world or the gameplay or the sidequests, there literally was nothing for me to like and that's why I will say I hate it and was disappointed.

I have not bought XIII-2 and don't think I will, I've heard nothing about it that says I would really enjoy it much more than XIII and the demo didn't really excite me either.

Xx..xX
    I agree with you sir, very true and i share that opinion.
    Very disappointing games indeed, i think Final Fantasy retired when the old staff went away and Enix Merged. Now the series are completely the opposite of the creative games (I-X).
    I will not be buying anymore FF games, until something new changes my mind, which i doubt lol.

SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP! FF13 Haters. ~FANTASY-ENDER~'s Avatar
    Currently enjoying life after a long deployment

I personally liked Final Fantasy XIII, I thought the game was a lot better than Final Fantasy XII. The story was a whole lot better and the gameplay was less of a pain in the $#% compare to XII.
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/U][/B]
    I FINALLY DEFEATED TERRA IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX+
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    RPGs THAT I'VE BEATEN.....
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

MY ANIMES THAT I OWN.....
    KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

Chocobo Queen FF13 Haters. Katpuss's Avatar

I think we just have to agree to disagree as different people have different requirements in a FF game.
    Vanille: "Wishes can come true, but not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves, here and now"
    Lightning: "It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do"

Cloud of Darkness: "We are the Cloud of Darkness...None shall stand before the flood of darkness. With it, we will bring the Void to this world, and your world of light as well..."
    Luneth: "We won't let you! Not if we have anything to say about it!"

Cloud: "And if you don't tell us...I'll chop them off"
    Aerith: "...I'll rip them off"
    Tifa: "I'll smash them"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2