View Poll Results: Which theme is worse?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • English

2 100.00%
  • Japanese

0 0%

Thread: Which ending theme was worse?

Blog Entries

Which ending theme was worse?

So today whilst watching the 4th part of Spoony's review of FFXIII, a couple of times during the video he used what I thought to be some random top 40 song. At one point Julie says "I hate that song," and I'm like "What is this song?" to which she replies "It's the end theme." Wow. I don't remember it at all. Probably because it's so generic and boring. I text this to my friends, and one of them informs me that when they were translating this, SE decided to use an english pop song for the english version and a japanese pop song for the japanese version. Another friend texts and says the japanese version might be worse. Julie plays me the tune... and I hear "Be a my friend." lol.

I think I like the japanese version better simply because of that egregious engrish (although also because I think it's a better song.) What does everyone else think, though? Which pop song is more terrible?
    or
    Come on guys. Be a my friend Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

PS Has there already been a thread about this? I didn't look. Sorry UE. I'm a lazy ass.

Registered User Which ending theme was worse?
    As a song, the "My Hands" song is just plain cheese, but as an ending theme, I think it just does not fit. At all. Context makes it my choice for worse song.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

The Quiet One Which ending theme was worse? Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It is hard to know how well the Japanese fits without knowing the lyrics. Compare the lyrics and then you'll know which is actually a worse fit. I'll admit I hated the thought of them not using the same song for the English version. It's not a song designed for the game, though I haven't a clue if the Japanese one was either. I felt the previous songs used in other FF games were designed for the game. Especially, since you heard it throughout the game. Melodies of Life and Eyes on Me were built into the game in such a way you actually felt it belonged. It felt like the theme. The My Hand song definitely just felt like it was added on and the other probably was the same case. Neither were actually integrated with the game.

However, My Hands ended up growing on me. I don't think it fits with where it is actually placed in the game. But it works for the trailer they made. Which is why it actually grew on me. It worked quite well for the trailer and if it had just been used in the trailer. I thought it was fine. I can't actually associate the song with the game, even though I know where is plays. I can only associate it with the trailer for the game.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner