Thread: Early Discussions on Final Fantasy XIII-2

Eye in the Sky Early Discussions on Final Fantasy XIII-2 Fuzz's Avatar

Post Early Discussions on Final Fantasy XIII-2

News:
    ----

Final Fantasy XIII creators Yoshinori Kitase (Producer) and Motomu Toriyama (Director, Writer) have stated that they would be interested in doing a direct sequel to FFXIII, but before they start thinking of FFXIII-2, they want to see how well the game does in the West first, which seems to be doing fairly well since Square-Enix shipped 5 million copies.

"In the past three years we worked both on the world and on the various systems," says Kitase. "Creating these systems isn’t very glamorous and can frankly be a bit boring. If we could do a XIII-2, we could direct all our attention to the story and refine what we have already built."

"We do not know if there will be a XV. This depends a lot on the success of XIII. Also, it is difficult to pinpoint elements that are typical Final Fantasy. They are mostly invisible: part of the DNA of the game, that everyone recognizes as typical Final Fantasy. But ifthere is a XV, I hope the way we wrote our characters carries over. We strived to create believable people of flesh and blood. They are not robots. And they are not super heroes. I hope this humanity is something we will see again."

Is this something the fans even want? Should they focus more on a new Final Fantasy XV? Again, it all depends on how XIII does.

Source: Destructoid

-----
    Fuzz
    Webmaster
    @ thefinalfantasy.net
    [email protected]

Re: Early Discussions on Final Fantasy XIII-2

Sounds like a good idea. I am not super fond of FF13 right now, but I am still enjoying it. However, it does seem a bit early in the release of FF13 to be discussing a sequal, but I am game for whatever Square wants to try.

Give me the next Ivalice title.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Early Discussions on Final Fantasy XIII-2 T.G. Oskar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Give me the next Ivalice real Final Fantasy Tactics title.
    There, fixed it for you. Then again, I'd love to see the next Tactics Ogre, but with Square holding the rights and Yasumi Matsuno out of Square, that will be a bit of a problem.
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

The Quiet One Early Discussions on Final Fantasy XIII-2 Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I loved FFT, but I can't stand FFTA, stupid law system. One reason why I can't get into FFTA2, FFTA turned me off too much. Plus it doesn't help that its on a handheld. Get them off the handhelds and put them back on the console on the TV and then it'll be easier to manage. ><

Having completed FFXIII I can imagine some possible directions that things could go. But like any other FF game, including FFX, they are all pretty much wrapped up at the end. So I don't think that they should press things if they don't have to. They have this whole New Crystal Story series. They could just making another one of those games off the same engine.

There are some things that I found on Gran Pulse that make me wonder though about Versus. Considering how little we know about Versus I can't saying thing yet, but I could see Versus being though as taking place before XIII. So far though I'm still holding to the idea that they games are only related by mythology as they have said in the past interviews. But that is still widely open to interpretations. Does this mean we'll be seeing fal'Cie and stuff in Versus since it is "mythology" I don't know. Depends on what they consider mythology.

I loved FFX-2 as much as many did not. The combat system was great, which oddly enough FFXIII already has a great combat system. Though considering things, I'd wonder if FFXIII-2 would be sub-par considering how much they were complaining that FFXIII's level of quality takes years to do. I still hold my doubts about that, but if they are going to cry about that then XIII-2 if made could not be as high-quality as FFXIII. I'm not going to complain about graphics, but it would be a concern if the direct sequel did not look as good if not better than the original visually. And there is only so much recycling of old assets you can do, especially if you don't want players to feel like they are playing FFXIII but with a new story.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Rabanastran Early Discussions on Final Fantasy XIII-2 Belugn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Give me the next Ivalice title.
    YES!!

I haven't finished this game yet, but as far as it goes for the story, I wouldn't say no to a FFXIII-2, as long as it doesn't just repeat itself, or turns out to be something along the lines of FFX-2.

I'm glad to hear about this. I've heard a lot of rumours that after FFXIV, they'd like, stop with the entire FF series. I thought it felt illogical, most games labelled Final Fantasy selling so good.

nejichigoku

I didn't really like Final Fantasy XIII. I personally just couldn't get into the game, due to the lack of original Final Fantasy elements. I've been with the series from the very first game, and will continue to support them, but I would like to see more games with the same feel that they used to have before hironobu sakaguchi left Square. I would say that making XV wouldn't be in their best interest at this current point in time, because XIII is still fresh out the oven, and they haven't even finished the rest of the Fabula Nova Crystallis games that they have planned. They should really focus more on Versus XIII before anything else. I have very high hopes with some of the cutscenes that I've seen from E3, and it does look like it's going to give us back that original Final Fantasy flair that we've all grown to love.

Also on a side note, they should remake VII before they make anything past XIV, cause the sales for that game would be huge, and it would give today's generation of gamers the feel that some of us old school gamers have grown up on, and hopefully give them the appreciation of the games that really drove our current gaming industry to where it's at with today's games. Plus I just think that watching all of those old cutscenes with revamped graphics like that of the advent children complete blu-ray movie would be astounding, because the tech demo itself made me come to the brink of drooling.

I feel epic... Early Discussions on Final Fantasy XIII-2 Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

Quote Originally Posted by nejichigoku View Post
    Also on a side note, they should remake VII before they make anything past XIV, cause the sales for that game would be huge, and it would give today's generation of gamers the feel that some of us old school gamers have grown up on, and hopefully give them the appreciation of the games that really drove our current gaming industry to where it's at with today's games. Plus I just think that watching all of those old cutscenes with revamped graphics like that of the advent children complete blu-ray movie would be astounding, because the tech demo itself made me come to the brink of drooling.
    You realize that could take many, many years even if they started months ago?

Personally, I don't think FFXIII needs a sequel. Sure, they were mysteries, but a lot was resolved. We can use our own imaginations to figure out what happens after
    SPOILER!!:
    Vanille and Fang's sacrifice.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

The Brave Early Discussions on Final Fantasy XIII-2

Arrow Re: Early Discussions on Final Fantasy XIII-2

Well, I do have a great idea in mind. They should definitely expand the world of FFXIII into other media like books and movies. That would be a big hit.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Early Discussions on Final Fantasy XIII-2 Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

No... no more ff13, good in theory unless they open it up a little and ahh, improve the weapon system and thewhole crap about the past war and just... no nevermind, SCREW THAT GAME!

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

nejichigoku

Quote Originally Posted by Ralz View Post
    You realize that could take many, many years even if they started months ago?

Personally, I don't think FFXIII needs a sequel. Sure, they were mysteries, but a lot was resolved. We can use our own imaginations to figure out what happens after
    SPOILER!!:
    Vanille and Fang's sacrifice.
    Yes. But I believe it to be worth it. I would assume that they are currently working on it (bits and pieces at a time) because of the tech demo that they had at E3 some time ago. Nobody would make that for a very simple reason like to only display the graphic capabilities of the PS3. If they intended to do that, they would have done something that was already in production, rather than start on an entirely solo project with no actual goal in mind.

I also agree with you. XIII definitely does not need a sequel.

The British Guy. Early Discussions on Final Fantasy XIII-2 Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nejichigoku View Post
    Yes. But I believe it to be worth it. I would assume that they are currently working on it (bits and pieces at a time) because of the tech demo that they had at E3 some time ago. Nobody would make that for a very simple reason like to only display the graphic capabilities of the PS3. If they intended to do that, they would have done something that was already in production, rather than start on an entirely solo project with no actual goal in mind.
    I think the obvious reason for this would be to get a crowd at E3 and also generate speculation and help people re-play VII and want to buy the new release i know when i play FFVIII (my favourite) i usually look forward to the next FF release. As for the reason they chose VII it was (as far as i know) the most popular FF and made the most money so its kind of obvious to use VII remake or no remake.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^