Thread: Does anyone like Snow?

Does anyone like Snow?

Ever since Ive heard that FFXIII-2 was coming out, I kinda want to play XIII again just to brush up on the story and play differently. I didnt really agree with the battle system so i just did what the book said and used Lightning, Fang, and Hope, because they did make valid points on why I should have picked them. Every other final fantasy Ive never left any character out and I know this sounds nerdy but I feel like I didnt every really get acquainted with the other characters because i never got to use them till the end really.
    Snow always seemed like a strong character in my opinion, and everyone who ive talked to or when i look at fourms, I never see anyone using snow. Im thinking of rolling with Lightning, Vanielle, and Snow this time around. any thoughts?

Registered User Does anyone like Snow? Joyful Blue's Avatar

Re: Does anyone like Snow?

That sounds like a pretty well rounded party to me as an alternative to the tried and tested Lightning, Fang, Hope method. In the later stages of the game when I was farming for Trapezohedrons I actually found Snow to be of more use to me than Hope and had him in my party a lot of the time. I actually found this pretty annoying as I didn't like Hope or Snow as characters themselves. When I first started taking on Adamantoise though my party wasn't quite doing enough damage per stagger for my liking but was having no difficulty pushing the chain gauge up so I switched my main Ravager, Hope, out for a bit more damage with Snow as a Commando.

With a team of Lightning, Vanille and Snow you're less likely to be in sticky situations as often as you've got the best healer and best Sentinel in your team but you will be sacrificing a big chunk of damage out. If you can be bothered when you do get a bit stronger try having Snow and Fang in there with Light and you'll see just how much damage they can actually do.

I hate Fang so I use Snow whenever a Sentinel is needed. I also hate Hope so I don't use him either. My team is usually Lightning, Sazh and Vanille with Snow replacing Lightning or Sazh as needed. Since lately I have been getting to the point where I'm taking on the larger enemies of the pulse-lands and the last of the hunts I have needed a sentinel so I use Lightning, Snow and Vanille.

On personality, I was not so impressed with Snow at first but compared to several other characters his annoying personality became much more bearable in perspective. At least he was just overzealous not whiny (Hope), retarded (Vanille) or bland (Fang).
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Does anyone like Snow? che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Snow isn't very well rounded, and doesn't have a good ability like Highwind. Since Snow is a worse version of Fang in terms of all around classes/jobs, Fang beats him out. Also, leveling Hope's SEN makes him sexy because he's such a good Rav and Med.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Does anyone like Snow? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Snow may be my favourite character as far as the story is concerned, I never use him in battle. If you set up Lightning, Fang and Hope, there is no need for the others. Fang is far superior to Snow in most aspects.

Everyone needs a savior Does anyone like Snow? the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i love snow in the begining but after you get fang there is no need for him but i use vannille rather then hope
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior

Registered User Does anyone like Snow?

In my playthrough, I didn't use Snow very much. However, next time I play the game, I plan to use the characters that didn't make it into my battle party very often. I think it'll add a pretty decent challenge for me, since I was another one of those people who went the Lightning/Fang/Hope route.

As for Snow as a character, he's alright. A bit of a showboat, but I suppose that's just part of his charm.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Ellipsis Does anyone like Snow? Meigumi's Avatar
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Nah. Never really liked Snow. I admire him for being brave and all, even when Hope attempts to stab him. I just don't find him much useful in a battle. He only has water-ice based magic, and his power isn't that great. It's like, a weaker version of Fang, but an extremely stubborn one.

I never use him, ever, unless if I needed a good, stubborn sacrificea beefy Sentinel to take damage for me, whenever I'm up to tough enemies.
    .....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade