Thread: Chapter 11 Barthandelus

SadisticMonkey

Chapter 11 Barthandelus

Ok the fight, can anyone help me complete it, because... It's so much harder than the first one.

The Quiet One Chapter 11 Barthandelus Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Chapter 11 Barthandelus

Indeed it is much harder. You're probably getting stopped by the doom because you're taking a long time in the fight, right? The party setup had I was Lightning, Sazh and Fang. You'll want Sazh to have all of the Synergist abilities available and Fang to have all of the Saboteur abilities available. By available I mean purchased them with CP and can use them in the fight. Having Synergist and Saboteur are very important to speeding up the fight.

What you'll want to do is set Synergist and Saboteur together in a Paradigm and have that one defaulted as your paradigm. Sazh is the only one with Haste at this time so it will have to be him. Let him start to buff you up while Fang debuffs. Switch out to a healer paradigm when you're damage and then back until you are fully buffs. You will want at least a deprotect and deshell on the boss. Once you're fully buffed and he has at least those two debuffs unleash with Ravager x2 and Commando on him until he is staggered or you need healing. Keep up the pressure from there and once he is in stagger wait until you're around like 500-700% stagger and go all Commando x3 on him. The party members there are all physically focused. And the higher the stagger the more damage that you'll be doing. Keep up the attack and buff and debuff when you need until he is dead.

Paradigm Setup
    Ravager or Commando, Synergist, Saboteur
    Medic, Ravager, Sentinel
    Medic, Medic, Sentinel
    Ravager x2, Commando
    Commando x3
    Ravager or Commando, Synergist, Sentinel

You can change out Sentinels for Commando if you want, since the many reason for having Sentinel is just to reduce the damage so you can get back to fighting. Having Commando in there will allow you to continue to damage. And the final paradigm is for when you already have the enemy debuff enough, since there is far more buffing required than debuffing and the Saboteur would wasting a slot later.

Also you can swap out Lightning for Vanille and have her solo heal almost, she had Curasa and Curaja I think by this point. So having her in the party and have you focus more on the enemy. It is possible though to win without her. Having her in will just make your life a lot simpler.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

SadisticMonkey

"You're probably getting stopped by the doom because you're taking a long time in the fight, right?"

That's the Chapter 9 one. I just battered him for like 10 minutes and no doom... Got him to 20 percent and then died. Damn i raged like a madman lol.

My characters are not as powerful as you might think by far. Yes there are those guys on youtube who have the japanese copies and each character has like 4000 hp by that point, but the rest of the world seems to stand in awe. As do i. Characters have below 3k health, uhmm more or less got all skills, altho missin like 2000 CP from Vanilles one crucial healing skill.

Its really hard to do ANYTHING since i have to keep healing pretty much nonstop.
    Last edited by SadisticMonkey; 03-14-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Well Chapter 11 boss does cast doom as well, I know because I've been hit by it. But if healing is your problem, like I said Vanille is the best healer you got that is easily interchanged with Lightning. You could probably do the same with Hope, but I think Vanille still is the better healer in the party. I'd have to load up my save since I can't remember how much HP I had to say how I was doing. I think I only had two of the roles completed for characters with the third still missing a lot of the Stage 8 circle. And I had none of the extra three roles touched apparent from giving Sazh Medic so that he had the heal ability. That's how I have two healers in the party.

If you don't have Vanille main healing you'll need Lightning and Sazh or Lightning and Hope to double heal a lot of the time. However, Sazh has better Synergist abilities at Stage 8 than Hope. So just learn heal for Sazh and put him in if you don't.

You don't need to have all of your Crystarium finished at that point in the game to win, it just seems like it. I was not finished I managed to still get like 3 stars I think on the battle.

SadisticMonkey

I know most bossfights seem like im REALLY underpowered, but there's always somekinda trick, need to see a walkthrough or whatnot of a guy who has about the same stats as me. A walkthrough where some japanese guy who has spent 3 days grinding CP will most certainly not help as he is most likely about 40% stronger than me.

Blog Entries

I probably had pretty comparable stats to you. I fought about 90% of the monsters in my path. Which was enough to deal with anything. But since you managed to get him down to 20% HP you said. I don't think grinding out more CP is you problem. Just strategy. And if you use the strategy I laid out for you. You should win with no problem at all.

SadisticMonkey

Thank you for taking the time to write such an instruction manual, i tried but i died, though ill try again tomorrow, since the room with the big TV is now occupied :/

EDIT: Altho im all out of CP and only Light,Hope and Vanille can heal.
    Im 32 hours in and at that boss, since reviews say it takes about 40 to finish, am i close to the end?
    Last edited by SadisticMonkey; 03-14-2010 at 01:22 PM.

Che

Be more risky, you dont need a medic in 100% of the time. Stagger the boss every chance possible. if youre all at 90% hp go relentless assault. i used the strat andro used as vanille, sahz, fang. i hit doom but killed it shortly after.

SadisticMonkey

You would not believe how RARELY im at 90% hp. I almost always need at least 1 healer, 20% of the time 2 healers.
    Since he even keeps attacking when staggered that is. He's ALWAYS attacking, so annoying

Blog Entries

Are you keeping up your buffs? It is important to hold them up during the fight. Having a full or near full set of buffs will allow you attack for longer periods of time. And when you're healing unless only one person is extremely injured use Cura or Curaja if you have it. Curaja is based on currently HP to max HP so it is only useful for getting you out of the red and near green before its effectiveness is gone. Once you're around 70-80% HP you'll need to switch to Cura. The same with Curasa and Cure.

Always make sure that you have haste on, if you don't have haste get put it on immediately. The other buffs is less important than haste and the AI will generally always prioritize haste first. Afterward try to keep protect and shell up though a lot of time AI prioritizes Faith, Bravery and Vigilance over it, but I can't remember if Sazh has all of those or not.

In the end if you're still having trouble use both shrouds that give you haste, protect, shell, vigilance, faith, bravery and veil. It'll give you an early advantage in the fight where you don't have to buff at all. You can total focus on getting the stagger up as quickly as possible. The shrouds are always my last ditch effort if it is a lot of trouble to do full buffs early in the fight or just need the time.

Otherwise just keep fighting and switch to healer when you need the cures and back again.

SadisticMonkey

Ugh, u speak as if i would be able to control all of the characters, unfortunately, im not and they can sometimes take quite a while before they do the right thing. Vanille just tends to go off poisoning peeps instead of actually sabotaging them lol.
    EDIT: On youtube, this guy gets him to 50% and then the middle face comes out. For me it comes out at like 80% lol. U can obviously see the problem there :/

And that is when im doing my best. Like sweaty palms and all...

Should i play as vanille perhaps? As healer. Cus im playing as Light, and this guy on youtube is too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLX75znc_cQ
    Bear in mind that this guy has a seriously more powerful party than me.
    Last edited by SadisticMonkey; 03-14-2010 at 02:27 PM.

Dennis

Seriously,what is wrong with this boss? I blew away all the other bosses like dust(even barthandelus' first form) now they give me this second form who is really annoying!!! I prefer Dahaka to him.
    I reach halfway but by then he casts doom/death and then i thump him till like 30% then my doom time is almost over so i summon Bahamut but he doesnt kill off the guy.And I just cant wait to finish him so that i watch the next cut-scene. Someone help me!

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Chapter 11 Barthandelus Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Well for me, the first one was harder cause that destrudo attack lol
    All I did is hammer on the attacks early before his faces finally formed.
    Then I kinda just...
    Weaken- 2 sabs and a syn
    Stagger- 2 ravagers and a commando
    increase stagger- 2 ravagers and a sab
    Hurt him- All commandos
    Heal- syn, and 2 medics
    Repeat.

Using syn at the beginning is also a good way to increase your odds

Ya might want a sentinal for his thanatosion laughter or whatever it is called this time.
    And yeh, you still have about 3-10 hours left in the game

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Dennis

What was your battle team?
    I hope your strategy works.I want 2 finish this game before 2011

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Chapter 11 Barthandelus Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

My Battle team consisted of Snow, Vanille and Lightning

Lightning as leader.

Lightning- Healer, Commando and Ravager should be adequate.
    Snow- Sentinal, Commando and Ravager should also
    Hope- Healing, syn(I think) and rav should be good by now.

Just go all out before his faces fully appear, I staggered him once before then.
    Oh and, easy way to gain Exp(crystarium) is to fight the King behemoth and the wolf thingy with an deceptisol

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

deathsk8ter3

ive tried basically every strategy out there even one from the ff13 guide and none of them worked for me. tried diff partys diff setups everything and i couldnt get it. people say to use rav/rav/rav and imperil... DO NOT USE THAT METHOD IT WILL NOT WORK. i tried for hours and hours diff methods after another and still did not beat him. btw i have all 3 main cp's for each char. fully developed and i have no upgraded weapons. heres the method i used. not saying it will work for u cuz u have leveled diff things than me but its worth a try if ur stuck and tried everything else.

party - fang/sazh/light

please get this right its VERY IMPORTANT that fang is the leader. i tried for hours with light as the leader and i got him down to about 500k/3.3m each time. also u need to have fang learn the medic role. its only 3000 cp and she will have cure which will be needed.

paradigms -

1. com/rav/rav - relentless assault
    2. sab/syn/med - evened odds
    3. com/com/com - cerberus
    4. med/syn/med - convalescence
    5. sab/rav/rav - smart bomb

equipment -

fang:

bladed lance lv. 1
    silver bangle lv. 1
    guardian ammy lv. 1

sazh:

denab duellers lv. 1
    power wristband lv. 1
    tungsten bangle lv. 1
    silver bangle lv. 1

light:

gladius lv. 1
    diamond bangle lv. 1
    brawlers wristband lv. 1
    my 3rd spot empty LOL? tetradic tiara/goddess favor/gold bangle?

step 1:

alright before battle i put on a shroud (fortsol i think) it gave me shell and stuff to give me a start on things. also before u start set ur paradigm to EVENED ODDS to get haste and the other buffs. make sure u always have haste on it will save u. once u have all buffs on and boss is debuffed with all 3 (slow, deprotect, and deshell) change ur paradigm to SMART BOMB untill hes at about 190% stagger make sure ur about 70-80% health still and switch again to RELENTLESS ASSAULT. keep attacking him untill stagger reaches about 550-600% then switch to CERBERUS and keep attacking u will take off about 1.5m - 2m health from him when the stagger is about to go away try to time it right so ur attacking him while its about to be depleted cuz u will get a smite bonus attk with light at least and i think fang too which will do 99.999 damage per hit.

step 2:

right away when the stagger is gone switch to CONVALASCENCE and start healing and recovering. right now boss should be using his form of dispelga on u which will remove all of ur buffs and his debuffs so switch to EVENED ODDS again and buff/debuff. *** important *** this is why u are fang. right now instead of auto casting ur debuffs make sure u cast slow first or else he will attk u too much and u will just end up defending for 10mins straight and losing. once slow is casted on him switch real quick back to CONVALASCENCE and do a quick heal u will need it. quickly switch back to EVENED ODDS again and cast the other two debuffs. dont worry if u dont have all ur buffs just make sure u have haste. switch to SMART BOMB breifly to give u a boost with ur buffs. i would say just 1 command line worth of attacks with SMART BOMB then switch right away to RELENTLESS ASSAULT and stagger him to about 350-400%. switch to CERBERUS paradigm and keep attacking him and switch back between CERBERUS and CONVALASCENCE cuz he will be attacking u with lazers from his faces and its gonna do alot of damage. if ur following this guide. right about now or soon he will attack u with some kind of ten thousand face lazer thing (i forget name of it) but if u dont have over 80% health u will die and sense ur attcking u wont have enough health to survive. so heres what i did. even if sazh or light dies while staggering dont worry about that. instead just keep attacking and watching fangs health. when the boss attacks u with that face lazer attack STOP whatever attk u are doing or whatever command u are doing and quickly summon ur eidolin bahamut.

step 3:

depending on how much damage u have done he might attk u with that super face lazer while he his still staggered or he might not. i would say around 1.2m - 1.5m is when he does this att but i wasnt really checking at this point cuz the battle gets hard. either way just keep attking him with RELENTLESS ASSAULT with ur eidolin helping. once ur bar gets filled and ur eidolins bar is at about 1k health left press square to change modes and by now he should be staggerd again. if not stagger him real quick and just keep attcking till ur at about 2-3 moves left and press triangle for the final att which should do around 40-50k damage if u have around 500% stagger

step 4:

ur battle team will be alive now if they died and all should have max health again. right away switch to EVENED ODDS and get haste at least and make sure the boss has slow and other 2 debuffs. boss should be at about 600k health now and should be having a spazz attk with his lazers like in step 2. this is why its important to cast slow on him first to keep damage as low as possible. once he has slow and u have haste switch to ENDLESS ASSAULT stagger him to about 400% switch to CERBERUS again and finish him off. if sazh and light start to die either use a potion or just let them die. at this point he is attacking u so much by the time u switch paradigms u will have already died and u will end up having to buy a new controller and tv out of rage. just keep attking using CERBERUS paradigm giving it everything u have. when u beat this guy u will be RELEIVED of all the stress in ur life....lol

i beat this guy in 6mins and got a 5 star rating and also 100,000 cp plus cp expansion.

things not to worry about and things not to do:

1. when he poisons u just ignore it sense it will go away and he will just cast it again right away.

2. when he curses u making u unable to attk do not cast esuna just let it run thru ur team will either heal u or use esuna on u. what u should be doing is using potions instead.

3. if someone on ur battle team dies do not use raise use a pheonix down. (accept for the last part just let them die)

4. if the boss uses despelga on u and ur about to stagger him DO NOT keep attking. instead switch back to EVENED ODDS and re cast buffs/debuffs and try again after that is done.

5. some guides and some people have said that the boss casts doom on u after 20 mins? well ive never had him cast doom on me ever. and if ur fighting this guy for more than 20mins ur doing something wrong with ur strategy.

6. if u die and get a game over...do not get mad rage and come threatening me cuz i wont care. im here to help out if u need help or dont understand something ask me. i'll try my best to help.

this boss was very hard. hardest in game so far. i took the time to type up this guide just for u guys who cant beat it. im using my own stategy and my own guide which worked out for me first try after trying others failed guide attempts. im sure there are other guides out there that are close or similar to mine and im not stealng or trying to steal them in anyway. thanks.

hotcutii3

Andromeda,
    Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I was so frustrated that I couldn't beat the boss guy. Using your strategy, I beat him in one shot!! So, THANKS again ^.^

Badass Military Agent Chapter 11 Barthandelus Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hotcutii3 View Post
    Andromeda,
    Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I was so frustrated that I couldn't beat the boss guy. Using your strategy, I beat him in one shot!! So, THANKS again ^.^
    Grats

I think I was a bit overleveled when I fought him my first time, I used the following Paradigms:

Fang - Commando
    Sazh - Ravager
    Vanille - Saboteur

2nd one

Fang - Sentinel
    Sazh - Synergist
    Vanille - Medic

3rd one

Fang - Commando
    Sazh - Commando
    Vanille Ravager

Characters had about 4500 to 5000 HP, and beat him in like 7 mins, never even saw Doom, I had more problems fighting 2 Behemoth Kings at this level than this guy...

Honestly ever since they gave me the option to make my own Battle Teams I never used Lightning again lol Fang just seems so much cooler and stronger

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.