Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anybody else hate Fang and Hope?

Ellipsis Anybody else hate Fang and Hope? Meigumi's Avatar
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Anybody else hate Fang and Hope?

Quote Originally Posted by norman View Post
    I don't really agree with you on Fang but I will agree with you on Hope. He can't stop being such a babby.

All he does is sit around a moap. He really gets on my nerves. He is almost in like every scene and with that "Snow killed my mother" crap he get sympathy but really I don't even think that it is about his mother being killed it is about him just not liking Snow. Maybe nextime they can actually give us a real good FF game.
    Actually, Hope avenging his mother AND hating Snow.

How would one react if they saw their mother get dropped to death from a distance by some guy, and you expect the guy to feel sorry and broken from dropping someone, but instead he acts all casual, and worse, trying to be a hero? Any normal person would think Snow is a jerk if they were in that situation.

And yeah, sorry for not giving a great reason for Fang. She's too awesome like that for me to explain anything. ^0^;
    .....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade

Badass Military Agent Anybody else hate Fang and Hope? Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

So far right now, I'm starting to like Hope just because of his attitude towards Snow, Snow on the other hand makes me wanna slap him. I first thought Hope was one of those characters that cry and whine all the time, but obviously I was quite mistaken in that theory. Funny how you hate the 2 characters I find that are pretty cool.

Snow and Sazh on the other hand....

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Fang was an ok character. She certainly wasn't my favorite character in the game, but she had her place. I liked the relationship she had with Vanille (not that kind of relationship you pervs). And I also like using her in battle.

As for Hope, at first I was kind of annoyed at him for being so pessimistic for the first half of the game. Of course being caught in the middle of a purge, seeing your Mom die in front of your eyes, and being branded a l'cie can do that to you.

He did grow on me though, as his character does develop over the course of the game. He eventually forgave Snow after a while, and he becomes a lot more confident and outgoing by the end of the game thanks to the influences of the other characters.
    Last edited by scorptatious; 03-08-2011 at 08:30 PM.

For quite a while, I couldn't stomach Fang. I can't really pinpoint why, other than her personality just grated on my nerves. However, sometime during the course of playing the game, I ended up liking her. It's really odd, because I can't even tell you when my opinion changed on her.

Hope, on the other hand, I liked from the beginning. I can see why he'd irritate a lot of people, but I actually enjoyed his story arc with Snow. I wish they'd developed it a little further, because it felt rushed in a lot of ways. I have this tendency to like characters most people despise, so maybe Hope caught a ride on that train.
    Avatar created by raethes from livejournal.

I enjoyed both characters, but I certainly understand why people would dislike them. The character I didn't like much at all was Vanille.
    SPOILER!!:
    She knew what was going on the whole time and kept her mouth shut at the detriment of her team. That's pretty low, even if you are as shy and insecure as she was.

L'cie
    I don't hate either. Hope is my best Medic so he's WAY important for me, he also was a MAJOR help in beating the Sky Havoc or whatever at his house. And I don't hate Fang because she's really strong. I do kind of agree she is a bit too confident but her and Lightning make a great team. They seem like they should clash and ruin things but they work together to stagger the enemy as quickly as possible. But that's just my opinion, I'm sure a lot of you have justifiable arguments as to why you hate them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I enjoyed both characters, but I certainly understand why people would dislike them. The character I didn't like much at all was Vanille.
    SPOILER!!:
    She knew what was going on the whole time and kept her mouth shut at the detriment of her team. That's pretty low, even if you are as shy and insecure as she was.
    I KNEW IT!!!!! I TOLD MY SISTER SHE DID! All those voiceovers were making me think she knew something important.
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 05-14-2011 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Please don't double post.

is not a douche Anybody else hate Fang and Hope? Bubble Boy's Avatar

Hope really was a whiny bitch. However, I liked Fang a lot.

Hope and Fang I will agree are slightly annoying Hopes annoyance for me is the way he keeps making noises when casting magic or seemingly to be doing nothing, Fang on the other hand just seems to be a bit of a bitch to everbody especially those who disagree with her. Even though I still think this game is cool the benefits of playing this awesome game far outweigh these little annoyances.

L'cie

Quote Originally Posted by L'cie View Post
    I don't hate either. Hope is my best Medic so he's WAY important for me, he also was a MAJOR help in beating the Sky Havoc or whatever at his house. And I don't hate Fang because she's really strong. I do kind of agree she is a bit too confident but her and Lightning make a great team. They seem like they should clash and ruin things but they work together to stagger the enemy as quickly as possible. But that's just my opinion, I'm sure a lot of you have justifiable arguments as to why you hate them or not.

I KNEW IT!!!!! I TOLD MY SISTER SHE DID! All those voiceovers were making me think she knew something important.
    How did I double post? I had already submitted the first one so they shouldn't have been connected!

I have always disliked Hope. I just can't stand the guy.
    I have nothing against Fang.

I liked Fang. Video game chicks don't get much hotter than that. I loved all three girls. For some reason, I hated the guys. I only hated Sazh (sp?) and Snow to an extent. But I just completely hated that little whiny punk Hope. Only interesting thing about him was he was voiced by the kid who played Greg in Everybody Hates Chris.

Balaclavas on...let's go shopping!! Anybody else hate Fang and Hope? nickness89's Avatar

I loved Hope, he was such a little cutie xP I hated him to begin with, but then when he found his feet in the world, he became so admirable for me.

As for Fang, I love her too, just wish Lightning's strength stat was higher than hers, as Lightning seemed a little more important in my eyes.

I hated Snow and Sazh ... just couldn't stand them.

Registered User Anybody else hate Fang and Hope? Alex's Avatar

I think Fang is an awesome character, she is cool and it's nice to have a little cocky character in the game.

I like Hope as much as I like Fang. He lost his mother in front of his eyes, I would've been pretty emotional too. And I think his character development is the most interesting out of them all!

Passing fair judgement Anybody else hate Fang and Hope? Judge Magistrate's Avatar

I liked Fang, not big on Hope though. After I beat the game I admired him a little more though.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Chocobo Trainer Anybody else hate Fang and Hope? ZaeonZ's Avatar

Fang is ok but Hope is annoying

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2