Thread: Another Trailer for Lightning Returns, Plus Screenshots

The Quiet One Another Trailer for Lightning Returns, Plus Screenshots Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Another Trailer for Lightning Returns, Plus Screenshots

Square Enix has released two trailers for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII during the Jump Fiesta event. The second trailer is very similar to the first leaked trailer, which is titled "The Final Journey of Lightning". There are some new clips in the trailer, one of the things that they show off is the day and night cycle with three different times of day and the lighting for each.

Source: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Trailer Looks Like Assassin's Creed | Siliconera
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

The Quiet One Another Trailer for Lightning Returns, Plus Screenshots Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Since this is a Final Fantasy game and we are a Final Fantasy site, I'm going to be posting all of the available screenshots, despite the cap we have. So I'll be posting multiple times.

Like with FFXIII-2, you can see that Square Enix localizing the game while they are making it. So we have English screenshots of the dialogue. It is unknown if the deaths mentioned are a side quest or part of the main story. But if it is part of the main story, it could be part of the doomsday events coming.

Blog Entries
    Lightning is seen sneaking around the city at night in the screenshots. There are a couple of mysterious bits of dialogue meant to get questions asked. There is some code that Lightning finds to be important, likely to saving the city from the end of days.

Blog Entries
    The last two screenshots have more combat and show the train station. The train station is likely partly shown because of the importance of the time and catching the train when it is coming. Don't know if the sign will change for the time, but it will be important to know when the train is coming so that it is not missed while exploring the area.

I want to play a game. Another Trailer for Lightning Returns, Plus Screenshots Zargabaath's Avatar
    I wonder if this was what the dev team initially envisioned for the combat system. The early screens & trailers of FF XIII had something similar to what is shown in this game.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Woah - am I the only one thinking about Assassin's Creed when seeing those screenshots? Sneaking around, reading codes from walls... really. I've played too much AC it seems.
    But anyways, this doesn't look like an FF at all. I'm still curious as to how the levelling system will be. The fights look okay, but there I wonder how they solved the problem with roles - will Lightning be a healer as well? All roles in one?

But thanks for all the screenshots, Andromeda! <3 You're the best!

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Memento RK Another Trailer for Lightning Returns, Plus Screenshots Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am very much in love with what I see so far. I love Lightning!

Freya, I see it too. The game seems very Assassin's Creed esque, but I don't think it's a bad thing. It also looks like the battle system has been revamped. I'm looking forward to it.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

I want to play a game. Another Trailer for Lightning Returns, Plus Screenshots Zargabaath's Avatar
    I thought it looked liked AC as well. And I have never played the games.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Another Trailer for Lightning Returns, Plus Screenshots Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    Damn, Thanks For The New Post Andromeda...This Just Makes My Older Post Yesterday Seem Like Fodder Now...XD Anyway, Good Looking Out

I Love The Screenshots. I Believe The Battle HUD Is Just Temporary For The Trailers, But Will Most Likely Be Improved Upon The Finished Product. Still, I Cannot Wait Till This Game Comes Out. I Would Like To See More Monsters, New Areas, Other Abilities Being Performed In Battle, etc... I Also Wonder If They Will Implement A Summoning System...Probably Not, But It Would Be Epic If They Had One.

On Another Note, People Who Are Wondering About Versus, Do Not Worry, SE Is Still Working On It Daily. They Have A Team Specifically Working On It Every Day, And Another Developing New Games Other Than FF Games. I Hope To See A 2013-2014 Release For Versus, Or At Least Another Trailer With The Improvements Made On It Sometime Soon.

Versus Is Not FFXV, A Lot Of People Are Making Assumptions About That...I Want To Clear This Right Now, It Is Not The New FFXV That Will Be Coming Out Sometime In 2014-2015(Possibly).
    Last edited by Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima; 12-22-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Blog Entries
    The fights will probably play out a lot like how they did in Lightning's DLC for FFXIII-2. The DLC only had Lightning and she had unique paradigms for the battles. So you had to do everything yourself from healing to debuffing. So if you want a feel for how it will be check out the DLC.