Thread: *Spoilers* Bathandelus 2nd fight help

Registered User *Spoilers* Bathandelus 2nd fight help GameMasterGuy's Avatar

*Spoilers* Bathandelus 2nd fight help

I have no idea how to beat him in my current state. I've poured all of my items into EXP for Hope, Fang, and Lightning, so using one of the other three for haste or something is out of the question. I can survive indefinitely, but I always restart because he casts doom when I get him down to half health or so. The only extra role I have is Light being a sentinel (to go along with Hope as a synergist and Fang as a saboteur). Hope and Fang are in the 3000s of health, Lightning in the mid 2000s, and they all wield evolved weapons. I restarted back to a save before the building of no return in Oerba, but I have no clue what to grind against, if I should at all. I've completed all but two available missions, one in the 50s, and one that's slightly out of my reach due to the fact that the boss of it deals massive damage. Any strategies? If worst comes to worst, I'll just grind.

Registered User *Spoilers* Bathandelus 2nd fight help GameMasterGuy's Avatar

Re: *Spoilers* Bathandelus 2nd fight help

Mini bump. Any answers?

Re: *Spoilers* Bathandelus 2nd fight help

Quote Originally Posted by GameMasterGuy View Post
    I have no idea how to beat him in my current state. I've poured all of my items into EXP for Hope, Fang, and Lightning, so using one of the other three for haste or something is out of the question. I can survive indefinitely, but I always restart because he casts doom when I get him down to half health or so. The only extra role I have is Light being a sentinel (to go along with Hope as a synergist and Fang as a saboteur). Hope and Fang are in the 3000s of health, Lightning in the mid 2000s, and they all wield evolved weapons. I restarted back to a save before the building of no return in Oerba, but I have no clue what to grind against, if I should at all. I've completed all but two available missions, one in the 50s, and one that's slightly out of my reach due to the fact that the boss of it deals massive damage. Any strategies? If worst comes to worst, I'll just grind.
    Hey there! I was in the EXACT same position as you. Yes, you may have to grind. The most useful thing that came out of it is that I managed to get Cura for Light for her Medic role. Barthandelus is VERY annoying if you don't have a particular strategy, so here is mine:
    ---Make the party consisting of Lightning, Vanille and Sazh.
    ---Then, make these paradigms:

1.COM-SAB-SYN ---use this at the start of the battle
    2.RAV-RAV-RAV-----use this when you're buffed and he's debuffed until you stagger him
    3.COM-RAV-COM---use this when he's staggered
    4.MED-MED-SYN----use this when he does VERY heavy damage and he debuffs you
    5.MED-SAB-SYN----use this one when you're in trouble
    6.COM-MED-RAV----use this one if you want to play it safe for a while, until your health is OK.

If he casts doom on you, then go more aggressive! Don't worry, it's just bad luck. I tried to beat him for thousands of times, and only the last few times, he started to cast doom on me.

Hope this helps! I know how much you suffer...