Thread: Would you like to see a XII HD Remaster?

Registered User Would you like to see a XII HD Remaster? White Mage's Avatar

Would you like to see a XII HD Remaster?

Personally, I'd love for there to be a High Definition Remaster of Final Fantasy XII that uses the Zodiac Job System, which I believe was a Japan-only thing (like X-2's International + Last Mission).

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Would you like to see a XII HD Remaster? Xanatos's Avatar
    Most definitely, and for the same reason you mentioned as well. Plus, additional content, a lot more of it if possible than what X got.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

With this being pretty successful I see them doing it for XII. I loved the new system they did in it.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Boxer of the Galaxy Would you like to see a XII HD Remaster? Rowan's Avatar
    What was the zodiac job system? What was the job system we used?

Zodiac Job System lets you choose specific types of License Boards. Instead of one large board with everything, you get certain ones that add to only that type of Job. There is Black Mage, White Mage, Red Mage, Machinist, Time Mage, Knight, Dragoon type, Samurai type, missing a couple more but it's really cool when you actually use what is offered in FFXII instead of how it was played in XII where you just had it all and could change as you went.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

I want to play a game. Would you like to see a XII HD Remaster? Zargabaath's Avatar
    Plus, quickenings are no longer tied to MP. Espers are controllable and they can use their final attack w/o any stipulation; like having to be stoned within the final seconds for Ultima to use her final attack.

As for the Zodiac job system, I wished they had added more abilities for the physical classes, like dragoon having jump.

Once I started playing FFX HD, I wanted a FFXII HD version to be released.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would love XII to be remastered into HD. I loved it more than X, if I'm honest. It was the first Final Fantasy I was able to complete first time. =D

I'd like to have the choice between having the Licence Boards and the Zodiac system one though, like the Standard and Expert Grids in FFX. =o

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Consistently Average Would you like to see a XII HD Remaster? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd love to see XII remade in HD, especially as the International version has so much extra stuff. It's my favourite Final Fantasy by far, and to be able to play it again (I've had issues with all three of my XII's) with all the new content would be amazing.

They even added a quick run feature which lets you sprint, or it speeds up the game (I can't quite remember) to make going back and forth over the really big areas much less of a chore.

There's also an arena like challenge where you can refight most of the enemies from the game, you can even fight all of the Judges in one big battle, including Drace and Zargabaath. Super cool.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Registered User Would you like to see a XII HD Remaster? HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would love to see an HD remake of FFXII. Although I never completed it, it was one of my favorites.

I was, no lie, just talking about this with some of my buddies yesterday. I wouldn't mind some kinda little extra story stuff like they did with the remake with the Eternal Calm.

I really didn't know too much about the zodiac job system, but to be honest, I feel it might complicate a game I already know how to play. If they did add new abilities that were job specific, then I'd love it, but otherwise, I'm content with leaving fixed what already isn't broken. I'm really hopping that Square is getting ready to jump on this remake next. It's what I'd like to see, that's for sure!

Dynast-King Would you like to see a XII HD Remaster? Lockduck's Avatar
    Would absolutely love a remake for XII. They sure did a good job with X/X-2

I only played FFXII once through, and I remember it being a fun game with a great battle system. I wouldnt mind playing it again on the vita. One of the aspects of the game I loved so much was the open, full explorable world map. It was just so good. I also loved doing the Marks as they were actually very worthwhile in terms of reward if you took the time to complete them. The difficulty of the game also had a nice curve as well as having some great option end game content. Its too bad the story was oh so very shallow.

FFXII got more fun with every new playthrough. You got to try new things.

The XII International Version had lvl1 game and lvl99 game. Game you stay 1 the whole time and a game you stay at 99 the whole time.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    FFXII got more fun with every new playthrough. You got to try new things.

The XII International Version had lvl1 game and lvl99 game. Game you stay 1 the whole time and a game you stay at 99 the whole time.
    For what purpose? You can start at LVL.99 to eliminate the need to grind during your playthrough?

No. It is a great game, but I don't think many people don't even care about XII. I don't think half of the FF fans care about the world of Ivalice. I'm not joking.

So why HD remaster?

Most of them are either a Nomura fan or the earlier FF games. If I was SE, remake V or VI to celebrate the twentieth anniversary . That's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    For what purpose? You can start at LVL.99 to eliminate the need to grind during your playthrough?

I guess. It's lvl90 actually. It's called Strong Mode and you never level up.

Same goes with Weak Mode (lvl1) and you never level up.

It's a New Game+ mode and I feel it's a nice change for people who just want to play through XII again.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Consistently Average Would you like to see a XII HD Remaster? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think a level 1 playthrough would be pretty cool. I imagine you would need to put more time into getting the best equipment you could right from the start. I know there's a Rare Game in the Waterway which drops an Iron Sword at a time where you're still using Mythril Swords etc.

Sent from my GT-I8190T using Tapatalk
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

Have your eyes been opened? Would you like to see a XII HD Remaster? Nehi's Avatar
    Yes, I would love to play through FF XII again on the ps3, Remastered. Or better yet, a remake to match the current Gen graphics.

I want to play a game. Would you like to see a XII HD Remaster? Zargabaath's Avatar
    If they were to make a HD release, I woukd like to see them fix the high level magick queue problem fixed.

I thought of this while traversing the Omega Ruins in FFX HD. Not having any lag in the sub levels of the Pharos lighthouse would make the game even better.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    If they were to make a HD release, I woukd like to see them fix the high level magick queue problem fixed.

I thought of this while traversing the Omega Ruins in FFX HD. Not having any lag in the sub levels of the Pharos lighthouse would make the game even better.
    That's a good point, I don't think I ever used spells above the "ara" tier because I didn't want to have issues if everyone starts casting at once.

Oh and I think they changed it so that first tier spells like Cure and Fire can be cast on multiple allies and enimies. I wonder if that means spells like Holy will hit multiple targets too.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Zisa View Post
    That's a good point, I don't think I ever used spells above the "ara" tier because I didn't want to have issues if everyone starts casting at once.

Oh and I think they changed it so that first tier spells like Cure and Fire can be cast on multiple allies and enimies. I wonder if that means spells like Holy will hit multiple targets too.
    IIRC, didn't cura and curaja hit mutiple allies? I can't remenber about second level and above black magic spells if they automatically target multiple targets.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries
    It's been a while but I think Fire, Blizzard, and Thunder hit only one target and their 'ara' and 'aga' upgrades could hit multiple targets. The same goes for most Time, Green, and White Magick, except for Curaga which can only hit a single target. Never really used spells like Ardor, Scathe, Scourge, and Holy so I can't say what they do. A Flame Rod boosted Fira against an enemy that was weak to fire usually did around 9999 anyway.

Talking about XII really makes me want to play it again *le sigh*
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

In the International Version the First Level of spells (Fire, Blizzard, Bolt) hit multiple targets.

The magic queue forced you to not really use Magic User near the end if there was to many spells being cast. Mainly used a Mage user for a boss fight only.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol