Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why people hate Kimahri?

I will save the world Why people hate Kimahri? Hero without a Name's Avatar

Why people hate Kimahri?

I just started a new game of FFX, and I realized 2 things. One the game is now celebrating a decade of being awesome but also, a lot of people are hating on Kimahri. People might ask why is that? Well there are a few reasons, the fact is he's not a bad character, and his story isn't half bad, but apparently for some his attacks are useless. But it all depends on how you use them

At the beginning of the game, he was my main physical attacker, besides Wakka, but as the game progresses his use as a blue mage is well....it sucks lol. At least in my opinion, but to be honest I never used him as a blue mage, I used him as a white mage. Confused? Let me explain.

Let's say I have a team of Auron, Kimahri and a 3rd party, let's go with lulu. Although I could destroy the people in one sweep, I have Kimahri use white magic like cura, protect and hastega to keep my guys protected, your probably asking why I don't use Yuna. Well as I level up, I use Yuna at the end to summon Anima or Holy to overkill people. All I need to do is put him on Tidus' grid at the beginning and then Yuna's to get the magic.

At the end of the day, when it comes to physical attack he's outshined by Auron and Wakka, he can still be used for defensive magic and killing the odd thing in case you want to use it. But what do you think? Do you like him, do you hate him, and what do you think of my strategy? Let me know.

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

Memento RK Why people hate Kimahri? Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Why people hate Kimahri?

I liked his character. He swore to never step foot on Mt. Gagazet, but he overcomes that and
    Spoiler:
    ends up eventually becoming an elder

Through the knowledge gained from the pilgrimage and adventures with Tidus and Yuna, he ends being an awesome character. He never talks down to anyone. He always keeps a positive attitude, attempting to keep the morale of the others at a high, even if his animal features couldn't smile very well. Kimahri is a very kind hearted character. He means well. He comes in handy sometimes too.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Why people hate Kimahri? Xanatos's Avatar

I don't hate him as a character, not that I adore him either, but as a Blue Mage he's pretty much useless and that's something I'm not used to since all Blue Mages prior to him are most useful characters in their respective games.

As for your strategy, there's not much I can say about it as I never tried it, if it works than good for you.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I think when I started this thread, it was not so much the hate of the actual character but his usefulness in battle, for example. I hated Wakka at the beginning of X because he was a rock hard idiot who believed in the "teachings". But he turned out to be one of my best tanks. I'm curious to see why people don't like using him in battle.

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

smgamer240

I think Kimahri is an interesting character. While he may seem a bit brutish and quiet, he still has his interesting traits. Like his dedication to protecting Yuna.

As for in battles, if you take him into Rikku's Sphere Grid with a Level 1 Key Sphere and have him learn Steal and Use, he becomes a secondary thief. You can do this as soon as you get the Lvl. 1 Key Sphere and before you get Rikku. He makes a pretty good thief character. Plus in a certain later boss fight, if Kimahri has Steal, he can steal Level 3 Key Spheres from the bosses. It's a great opportunity considering how rare Lvl 3 Key Spheres are.

I use Kimahri the most.

He is an amazing Black Mage from the start, he's good at every tree.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

TFF's Resident Messenger Why people hate Kimahri? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I tend to make my characters around equal in HP, so I use Kimahri (and all other characters) a lot. When one character gets another HP sphere, I switch him/her out with another.

Battle-wise, Kimahri is not the best attacker or magic user. However, I feel that having their stats leaning toward one or the other is not always good. Kimahri is a good, solid, well-rounded, character.

And, I always liked his broken horn. It shows character.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Hewerya love...? Why people hate Kimahri? seanb's Avatar

On my first playthrough I never used him at all through the whole game (except when you have to use him as part of the story) but I never felt the need for him. His overdrive was a bit of a nuisance, and as a character I didn't find him overally interesting. He was rude and ignorant toward Tidus which was funny, but he just kind of became an outcast when I was playing.

Registered User Why people hate Kimahri? Vogue Star's Avatar

My two reasons for disliking Kimahri...
    1. He's a blue mage. I hate blue mages.
    2.Have you seen where he keeps his potions? He, erm, pulls them out of his ass.

Yet, despite this literally shitty revelation, I quite liked his character. He made me laugh a few times

haha I just realized that and Kimahri did have his moments that were funny. I didn't mind him, he was just outshadowed by everyone else

My TFF Family

Consistently Average Why people hate Kimahri? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I never really took notice of that. I guess its the same as Lulu pulling them outta her cleavage, sort of a "how the hell did they manage that?" situation.

One thing that I liked about Kimahri was the scene where he first speaks to Tidus. You can tell he was gonna say something and I remember being on the edge of my seat waiting for him to speak those very few words. Another bit is before you fight Seymore the second time, when he runs up and stabs Seymore through the heart. I always get a good amount of satisfaction out of watching that.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

That guy. Why people hate Kimahri? Hot Shot's Avatar

I think more people would like him if his Blue Magic wasn't his Overdrive. Personally, he's my favourite in the game and in battle. He's so well-rounded that he could easily do anything.

Registered User Why people hate Kimahri? Chocobo_Lover17's Avatar

I actually really enjoyed Kimahri as a character, but I think that as far as the storyline goes, he can be easily out shined by almost every other character for the obvious fact that he doesn't talk for a good portion of the game, that makes it easy to focus more on the other characters that have regular dialogue and interesting stories to tell. The same kind of thing can be said for the battles he tends to be out shined by the heavier hitters such as Auron, Tidus, and at times Wakka, simply because his attacks are not generic, also, with Kimahri on the sphere grid, he can go many ways and sometimes that makes him hard to upgrade in a specific class. that is just my opinion on why he is hated on, but I personally love him, he just takes a little longer to understand then the others
    "Listen To Our Story..This May Be Our Last Chance.."

My Official TFF Family

*My Amazazing TFF Boyfriend The_Dream_Recluse <3 (Yeah that's right, be jealous

*My Epic Brother Lion Heart <33

*My Brother who protects sacred swords Hero Without A Name <333

I loved using Kimahri in my team in FFX. Granted, i didn't use him much during the early stages of the game, but as time went on i kept relying on him more and more to gain the upper hand in battle against enemies. I usually ended up putting him down Auron's path so he could be a strong physical fighter, but not before giving him access to Cure, Esuna and the Nulmagics (which i found to be quite useful during the midsection of the game) xD
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

I agree with RavenZecht there, but I was always trying to picture Kimahri with his horn, do you think he would of looked cooler with one, or good the way he is. Anyone? I'd voting for horn.

My TFF Family

Final Fantasy I-XIII = LOVE! Why people hate Kimahri? NeonLotus76's Avatar

I think Kimahri is awesome.
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

My Final Fantasy Timeline ~

Final Fantasy (NES)
    Final Fantasy III (Super Nintendo) (My Favorite)
    Final Fantasy VII (PS1) (My Favorite)
    Final Fantasy VIII (PS1)
    Final Fantasy IX (PS1)
    Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1)
    Final Fantasy X (PS2)
    Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
    Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)

Consistently Average Why people hate Kimahri? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hero without a Name View Post
    I agree with RavenZecht there, but I was always trying to picture Kimahri with his horn, do you think he would of looked cooler with one, or good the way he is. Anyone? I'd voting for horn.
    I think he'd look better without one. No horn just makes him unique when compaired to the other Ronso, despite being tiny in comparison.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Registered User Why people hate Kimahri? Diyala's Avatar

I don't think I hate em
    he is quite helpful in the battles , besides he speaks precious little words .

Everyone needs a savior Why people hate Kimahri? the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

first off im gonna say no horn just because it fits him cuz he is such a small ronso plus i think the broken horn gives him a background i think character background is really important in making a good charactor and in essence a good game. and since kimahri has a family, a home, and a background story, i think that makes him a really good character along with all the characters in x brovo SE

now in my experience kimahri is best at 2 times during the game first being at the very begining when you havent really started on the sphere grid yet and second at the very end when you take everyone across the entire grid (not filling empty nodes) now i say this because kimahri is a complete fighter very balance as apposed to auron (high strength, low speed and magic) or lulu (high magic low speed and strength) i could go on with this subject but the subject is kimahri.

as a blue mage he is terrible unless you have a weapon with triple overdrive its the same problem in viii. it would be cool his OD system was like tidus or auron but its not

ill put it this way and it may be kinda confusing but its the best i got if every character was like kimahri the game would be to easy but kimahri is not the best character in the game. he kinda reminds me of the junction system in viii were its make people how you want them to be. kimahri i think is at his best if you take tidus' path then rikku followed by auron then wakka lulu and yuna last

on my scale 1 to 10 for kimahri he gets a 6
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior

Immortality

I disliked Kihmari. I wouldn't have missed him, if he wasn't there.
    He doesn't like to talk, his character is kinda simple..

=> dislike!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortality View Post
    He doesn't like to talk, his character is kinda simple..
    Simple? I don't think so. Especially when Kimarhi talked for the first time you realized what kind of background he had. His broken horn, his "friends" or whatever they were, how he dedicated his life to Yuna... There is so much about Kimarhi that makes him a very, very interesting character.
    But it's okay if you didn't like him. I just find it strange to say that his character was simple.

And besides, I like silent characters more than those who talk all the time. Rikku was a bit annoying sometimes because she just COULDN'T be quiet for even a second! *shudders*

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Blog Entries

ya i totally agree with freya (except about rikku) kimahri is deep as well as everyone else in the game. plus i like how kimahri and tidus' relationship develops throughout the game. from him (at besaid) wanting to fight tidus, and (at luca) how tidus has his back when biran and yenke show up all the way to when they were at gagazet and kimhari gives him the ronso deal with ronso problems speech

to add me that is thanks

Currently playing

Most Played FF = FFVIII

The White Wizard of Fynn Why people hate Kimahri? Mindu's Avatar

I liked using Kimahri throughout the whole game. He was a well rounded physical attacker; it seemed like he could hit fast and flying enemies with similar accuracy to Tidus and Wakka respectively, and like Auron his weapons almost always had Piercing. If you took him through Wakka's grid he became extremely versatile, although admittedly his overdrives were probably some of the worst in the game. I would always use Jump for my love of the Dragoon class.

One character I did not need to use the last time I played was Rikku. I thought that a party of seven - as opposed to six - imbalanced the party somewhat, especially when levelling up. After fighting the undead Evrae, I didn't use Rikku again throughout the whole game, and the other six characters became stronger faster as a result.

I had no problem with him as a character, and in fact he was one of my best physical attackers (probably mostly because I didn't understand the grid system at all - I just assigned things randomly to people and pined for the materia system), but he was the worst blue mage ever.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Why people hate Kimahri? che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hate him because he's blue.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Memento Rhapso Why people hate Kimahri? Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I shied away from using him extensively because I always got nervous on where to go with his Sphere Grid. Other than that, he did his job as meatshield pretty well for me.
    As far as story goes, I kind of liked how it didn't quite give you all of the details on his past until you got to Gagazet, leaving you guessing on what happened and filling in details on your own. It was sort of fun, although pretty easy to guess.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    I hate him because he's blue.
    Hahahahahahaha

lol, I love how this has attracted so much attention. I'll give Kimahri credit though, he has a pretty sweet final weapon, and I just realized he could do Nova...that's a pretty epic attack.

My TFF Family

Blog Entries

agreed nova is sweet and i do like how you as soon as you learn a move with lancet he gets a full overdrive meter.

to add me that is thanks

Currently playing

Most Played FF = FFVIII

Sargeant Tastycakes Why people hate Kimahri? dustinpro's Avatar

It took courage for the writers to include a character like kimarhi,the only non-human playable,(unless you count Seymour,I guess.)and not relying on dialouge to express his emotions/intentions.
    Leaves a lot to the audience that's why this thread is so popular.
    Kimarhi's motivations are fairly creative(From the micro:Yuna's Protector to the macro:Sour relations to his people)
    As far as his gameplay I always changed his route from game to game,but since his HP was so high,I generaly balanced him out by following either Lulu or Yuna on the grid.
    (Following Yuna could actually create another storyline,at first he's Yuna's protector but slowly becomes her apprentice.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast