Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Overdrives?

Registered User Overdrives? Chocobo_Lover17's Avatar

Overdrives?

So, I was playing FFX today and during battles I was using overdrives when this question came to mind, which overdrives are good and which are just purely annoying.

I find that Wakka, Rikku, Tidus, and Yuna have pretty great overdrives

but the rest kind of annoy me, I mean some of the attack values are great but the way to get a good one is a bit annoying..

tell me what you think
    "Listen To Our Story..This May Be Our Last Chance.."

My Official TFF Family

*My Amazazing TFF Boyfriend The_Dream_Recluse <3 (Yeah that's right, be jealous

*My Epic Brother Lion Heart <33

*My Brother who protects sacred swords Hero Without A Name <333

Re: Overdrives?

LuLu's is very good until you start to get really high up in the stats. Mainly early game.

I like Auron's for mainly Great Marlboros because he get's First Strike and just Shooting Star it out of the fight.

Kimarhi's for White Wind and Mighty Guard mainly.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User Overdrives? Vogue Star's Avatar

I like Lulu's, mainly because executing it can get frantic The best overdrives, in my opinion, are Auron's. I like the one where he spits sake on the blade of his katana... tornado? I can't remember.

I really like Kimahri's overdrives, mainly because they are the 'Blue Magic' techniques and cover pretty much everything, including physical and magical attacks, positive and negative statuses and defensive buffs.

TFF's Resident Messenger Overdrives? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really like Wakka's Overdrive. It was easiest for me to get the hang of. And it gives you fifteen seconds to do it, so you don't feel rushed like in Tidus' or Auron's. And Wakka's can do multiple things: plain physical attack, elemental attack, status attack, and whatever the last one does (I think it's a combo of the previous three, but I never use it).
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Fueled by Coffee Overdrives? Elise's Avatar

I loved Lulu's overdrive in concept, but it wasn't as powerful as I wanted it to later in the game. Rikku's came in handy sometimes, I think it saved the day on the airship on the way to Bevelle. Sword fighters' overdrives are almost always great in my books.

I generally love Dragoons, but Kimahri was the worst I think, and I never really used his Blue Magic... well the only time I did was when he was fighting the Ronso alone.

I will save the world Overdrives? Hero without a Name's Avatar

Yuna's overdrive is my favorite, especially if the aeon you summon already has a full overdrive bar, double overdrive ftw! As regards to Lulu, I agree with what Loaf says, personally she was my best person for an overdrive but as I got stronger like physically, I only used her to take out people with flare. Also if Kimahri does learn all of the blue magic attacks, he can be useful.

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

I love everyone's but Lulu's. Never can get very good results with hers. Auron's is my favorite tho^_^

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Overdrives? Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

I Like Tidus' Overdrives, Khimari's Overdrives, And Yuna's Overdrive, But My Favorite Overdrive In The Game Is Bahamut's Mega Flare, Hands Down! I Love Yuna's Because If I Had Gotten An Overdrive Saved On One Of My Summons, I Can Use Two Overdrives In A Row On Whichever Summon. I Loved The Overdrive System In General, It Is Like The Limit Break System, Which I Enjoyed.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Everyone needs a savior Overdrives? the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i hate wakkas everybody elses is good though
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior

The White Wizard of Fynn Overdrives? Mindu's Avatar

I used to love Wakka's Attack Reels, Tidus's Blitz Ace and Bahamut's Mega Flare for great damage. Lulu's Fury was also highly effective if her stats were beefed up. I never really used Anima, but I heard in the PAL version its overdrive is capable of doing insane damage.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone ever use Seymour's overdrive the one time you can control him? I think I did once, but can't really remember what it was like. I seem to recall it being a powerful non-elemental attack, a bit like Zidane's Dyne attacks in IX.

Everyone needs a savior Overdrives? the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i used seymours overdrive maybe once but it wasnt so great and i grind alot every place i go because the first time i battled gui i failed epicly so by the time i get to him now i am usually powerful enough to get by just pummling the sinspawn with attacks although i do use seymour for his spells
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior

Sargeant Tastycakes Overdrives? dustinpro's Avatar

Wakka's final overdrive is by far the most powerful,I can always time it perfectly and hit the enemy with around 130,000 points of damage (9999 x 13 hits)
    Auron's shooting star animation is purely bad-arse.(The way the camera swings around behind him right before he sends the baddie on a bye-bye trip in da sky.)

Quote Originally Posted by dustinpro View Post
    Wakka's final overdrive is by far the most powerful,I can always time it perfectly and hit the enemy with around 130,000 points of damage (9999 x 13 hits)
    Is that Auroch Reels? I used to be perfect at Attack Reels and could deal a similar amount of damage, but just didn't have enough patience with Blitzball to get the final one.

Sargeant Tastycakes Overdrives? dustinpro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mindu View Post
    Is that Auroch Reels? I used to be perfect at Attack Reels and could deal a similar amount of damage, but just didn't have enough patience with Blitzball to get the final one.

No,you're right it was Attack Reels. I haven't played FFX in a while and just automatically assumed it was the last overdrive.

Star of the FF Show Overdrives? Rising Star's Avatar

Well The characters I Used most were Lulu,Yuna and Tidus

I Thought Lulu's was pretty strong If you had her completly beefed up She could do some damage

Yuna's overdrive i wasn't too crazy about unless you used it for Anima it would say average overdrive

Tidius's Overdrive simillar to Lulu's

Balaclavas on...let's go shopping!! Overdrives? nickness89's Avatar

I love Tidus' Overdrives, except Slice n' Dice, unless it's against a single opponent. Auron's are "?Coº°??°ºoL"?, mainly because I am quick at executing button combinations, and also like an earlier poster said, he's brillo for First Strike and Shooting Star against Great Marlboros. Rikku's Mix is amazingly awesome. Yuna's is useful, and Lulu's is pretty good earlier on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero without a Name View Post
    Yuna's overdrive is my favorite, especially if the aeon you summon already has a full overdrive bar, double overdrive ftw!
    Does that work? Everytime I use Grand Summon, I always make sure to pick an Aeon who doesn't have a full Overdrive gauge, because I thought it would waste the gauge of an Aeon who was already in Overdrive
    Favourite Lyric For Now:

"Don't be insecure if your heart is pure,
    You're still good to me if you're a Bad Kid, baby."

Lady Gaga

MY LOVING TFF FAMILY

TFF WIFEY - angelmarie190515
    MY FF TWIN - Firefly

TFF STEP-HUSBAND-IN LAW - Gilgamesh~Enkidu

BESTEST FRIEND - Judge Magistrate
    IRISHMAN IN THE PUB JOKES - seanb
    CANADIAN FRIEND - R.Kyra
    FELLOW SCOTSMAN - Aerif
    AUSSIENESS - NikkiLinkle

Tidus has the best its like a small challenge

I will save the world Overdrives? Hero without a Name's Avatar

Lulu magic attacks ftw!

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

Crash Boom Bang Overdrives? Lily's Avatar

Ive always found Lulus and Khimaris to be pretty shit - wel;l, Khimari can learn a couple of decent ones I suppose

Aurons is pretty good, unless im imagining one of them being able to cast full break, despite the rather shoddy damage

Wakka's overdrive/celestial weapon is the only reason I play Blitzball. Attack reels is definately the best overdrive imo.

Registered BRUISER Overdrives? Nidogod's Avatar

Wakka's attack reels, Rikku's mix (with proper items), and Tidus' Blitz Ace are the best since they can hit for max damage multiple times in a row. Auron's banishing blade is also very useful (especially in the monster arena) because it reduces the enemy's defense to 0 for the rest of the battle.

Lulu's overdrive must be glitched because it's impossible to get it to do as much damage as a normal spell, and Kimahri's should've been available as blue magic with something else saved for the overdrive because there's nothing special about it.

All is One.One is All. Overdrives? Firefly's Avatar

I loved Auron's overdrives I didn't really like Kimarhi's or Lulu's(because I could never completely fill up her gauge). Yuna's,Rikku's,Wakka's,and Tidus's was alright but I think I am going have to say that Auron has the best overdrive
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

TFF's Resident Messenger Overdrives? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nidogod View Post
    Lulu's overdrive must be glitched because it's impossible to get it to do as much damage as a normal spell.
    It isn't glitched. The game says in the description section of the Overdrive list that her spells are only half as potent than when casting a single spell. Even her Demi only lowers HP by one-eighth instead of one-fourth each time you use it in Overdrive.

Yeah, I remember when I had Lulu so beefed up Blizzaga Fury did continuous 9999s against Seymour. It's like the attacks in Blitz Ace; you'll notice they're not nearly as powerful as Tidus's normal physical attack, but more plentiful.

Yeah, I remember when I had Lulu so beefed up Blizzaga Fury did continuous 9999s against Seymour. It's like the attacks in Blitz Ace; you'll notice they're not nearly as powerful as Tidus's normal physical attack, but more plentiful.
    Ok I stand corrected, although you must've had to kill Jumbo Flan a thousand times to get enough magic spheres to get it to do that much damage.

Yeah, I regret it now, but I spent far too much of my life grinding in this game back when I was 12, 13 - about a month of my life that I'm never getting back. I'd run around Zanarkand or Inside Sin power leveling for hours. That damn sphere grid was addictive. On the plus side, hardly anything could withstand Bahamut, Blitz Ace or Attack Reels.

Nowadays I refuse to grind. I went back through FFI, V and VI recently and didn't once make a conscious effort to level up. It was the same the last time I played X, and only the final boss gave me much trouble.

lol, FFX was actually the only game I played this summer and spent the whole time jacking everyone up for the monster arena. I actually enjoy it. Lulu and Kimahri were the only two characters I didn't grind out, entirely because of their overdrives. Magic in general gets outclassed that late in the game, and Jumbo Flan was so unbelievably hard to kill for those magic spheres. Never want to fight him again.

Is Jumbo Flan the one on the way to the temple in Zanarkand? The one I used to hate fighting were those Defender robots in the temple. 42,000 HP and you had to get in Auron every time to break down their defence.

The Monster Arena is one place I never go. Although I used to enjoy going back through old areas and capturing 10 of each monster, I only did it for Yuna's sigil and only fought a few of the creations.

At the end of the game when I have maxed the Sphere Grid the only character who uses their overdive is Wakka everbody else uses entrust to Wakka cuz you cannot cause 99999 damage 12X with any other attack really why use anyone elses?

Registered User Overdrives? NeoAquarius12's Avatar

Lulu's isn't as useful in the end of the game for sure. I mean, how many Flares can I produce at once? Not as many attacks as Tidus can use for Blitz Ace... or Wakka as mentioned earlier in this post. Yuna's are also pretty useful at some points in the game. Although, once of the Magus Sisters alone has her highest damaging attack... the bee one. Names are dropping. Maybe Mindy?

Rikku's was the most fun though! Hey. Maybe it's not as useful, but when you accidentally make a devastating attack before knowing what combos are good, you feel like a prodigy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast