Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wait... it *could* work!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yuna

Wait... it *could* work!

This thread contains massive spoilers for both FFX and FFX-2.

Okay, when I first beat FFX-2 perfectly and got Tidus back, I was in complete disbelief that this could happen in the world which FFX left. I thought to myself that if Tidus could come back, then so could Sin and all the Aeons, thus totally nullifying all which had taken place in FFX. The more I thought about it, the more it came to make sense that there was a logical way for Tidus to come back without throwing away the facts pressented in FFX. First we have to start with the relation that everything has to everything - ie: Sin.

What is Sin?
    Sin is the armor Yu Yevon wears to bring its chaos. SIn itself is the mutated form of the Final Aeon Summoned at the final battle between Sin and a Summoner. The Final Aeon is not an Aeon of the Fayth, but an Aeon created out of devotion to a Summoner. It is another person sacrificed out of love/friendship.

What is Yu Yevon?
    Yevon was the govoner of Zanarkand 1000 years before FFX took place. He was Yunaleska's father. He was also a Summoner, as was Yunaleska. (This is why I think they named Yuna after Yunaleska because she too followed in her father's footsteps as a Summoner). Zanarkand was the city of summoners back when Yevon ruled it (so it is said). Yevon would have rather destroyed Zanarkand himself then let Bevelle destroy it, so he did. He then turned the populace of Zanarkand into Fayth. He used his Aeons to create the armor that is Sin. The only method that could defeat Sin was the Summoning the Final Aeons.

Why was Sin there?
    The games tells you it is punishment for Spira's "sins". This isn't true. By taking control of the Fayth's Final Aeon, Yu Yevon forces Zanarkand to be recreated in a dream the way it was when he destroyed. Hence why, at the end of FF you see Jecht in what appears to be Zanarkand. When the Final Summoning occurs, this dream of Zanarkand is destroyed, which is why Yu Yevon in turn takes control of the Final Aeon so he will be reborn again, and continue his dream of Zanarkand.

Why do the Fayth need Sin to be destroyed in order to sleep?
    By now this should be obvious. Yu Yevon is forcing the Fayth to dream his dream of Zanarkand each time he takes hold of another Aeon. Once all the Aeons are gone, Yu Yevon will have no hold over the Fayth, and therefore, the Fayth can sleep.

What does this have to do with Tidus?
    Tidus is a Dream of the Fayth; he is a being of the dream that Yu Yevon is forcing the Fayth to dream (Zanarkand). Because they wanted to rest, he dissapeared, leaving Spira and Yuna at the end of FFX.

How did Tidus get to SPira from the "dream"?
    Sin can't control this dream since it is forcing the Fayth to dream it. My interpretation is that the Fayth were waiting until they could find the dream that would end all of their dreams. It started with Jecht and ended with Tidus. Jecht used Auron, an unsent, to go between Spira and the dream.

If the Fayth sleep, how come Aeons came back in FFX-2?
    I believe this lies in the connection Vegnegun had with the Fayth and the Pyreflies reaction to Yuna's memories. The Fayth can't sleep as long as Vegengun is awake. Therefore, a butchered reincarnation of the Aeons is possible through the connection Vegnegun has with the Aeon's Fayth, and the connection Yuna's memories have with the Pyreflies. Yuna and friends are the only ones to see the Aeons, so this theory is supported by the Farplane facts. Other's memories are visable to others while they are there. The memories made real by the Fayth who are now awake, and controled by Vegnegun who wont let them sleep. That's my take on it anywho =3

So... Tidus can come back... how?
    The Fayth are mearly sleeping, they are not gone nor dead. Tidus is their reward to Yuna for saving their butts, AGAIN (at least I think). Like Tidus said, the Fayth gathered up his thoughts to recreate him. He exists again becuase of the bond Yuna and him share. As long as this bond is never broken, Tidus will remain by her side... or so he thinks (Tidus isn't too good with for sures).

So, since Yu Yevon is gone, Sin can never return. And even though the Fayth sleep, Tidus's memories of himself and thoughts create him, as well as Yuna's bond to him. Stranger things in FF's have happened, so I guess this I can buy. At least Yuna had to work REALLY hard to get her man back XD;

But yeah, that's just my take on the whole thing. You don't have to aggree with me, but after lots and lots of thought, that's how I think it could work out after examining all the facts from FFX. It's the only plausable explanation, ^^;

I'll stop blabbering now with my insane FFX fandom x_X;;

Ronin

Lightbulb

I am sorry but i believe that you are reading too much into this, as i believe that you should just enjoy the game, and just follow its polt, as i don't think that there are any inconsistancies with the game although i have to say that i am only on my first play through it so that may not be a valid opinion but hell, just lighten up.

P.S. you must have had a lot of spare time to think about that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuna

Okay, when I first beat FFX-2 perfectly and got Tidus back, I was in complete disbelief that this could happen in the world which FFX left. I thought to myself that if Tidus could come back, then so could Sin and all the Aeons, thus totally nullifying all which had taken place in FFX. The more I thought about it, the more it came to make sense that there was a logical way for Tidus to come back without throwing away the facts pressented in FFX. First we have to start with the relation that everything has to everything - ie: Sin.

What is Sin?
    Sin is the armor Yu Yevon wears to bring its chaos. SIn itself is the mutated form of the Final Aeon Summoned at the final battle between Sin and a Summoner. The Final Aeon is not an Aeon of the Fayth, but an Aeon created out of devotion to a Summoner. It is another person sacrificed out of love/friendship.

What is Yu Yevon?
    Yevon was the govoner of Zanarkand 1000 years before FFX took place. He was Yunaleska's father. He was also a Summoner, as was Yunaleska. (This is why I think they named Yuna after Yunaleska because she too followed in her father's footsteps as a Summoner). Zanarkand was the city of summoners back when Yevon ruled it (so it is said). Yevon would have rather destroyed Zanarkand himself then let Bevelle destroy it, so he did. He then turned the populace of Zanarkand into Fayth. He used his Aeons to create the armor that is Sin. The only method that could defeat Sin was the Summoning the Final Aeons.

Why was Sin there?
    The games tells you it is punishment for Spira's "sins". This isn't true. By taking control of the Fayth's Final Aeon, Yu Yevon forces Zanarkand to be recreated in a dream the way it was when he destroyed. Hence why, at the end of FF you see Jecht in what appears to be Zanarkand. When the Final Summoning occurs, this dream of Zanarkand is destroyed, which is why Yu Yevon in turn takes control of the Final Aeon so he will be reborn again, and continue his dream of Zanarkand.

By now this should be obvious. Yu Yevon is forcing the Fayth to dream his dream of Zanarkand each time he takes hold of another Aeon. Once all the Aeons are gone, Yu Yevon will have no hold over the Fayth, and therefore, the Fayth can sleep.

Tidus is a Dream of the Fayth; he is a being of the dream that Yu Yevon is forcing the Fayth to dream (Zanarkand). Because they wanted to rest, he dissapeared, leaving Spira and Yuna at the end of FFX.

Sin can't control this dream since it is forcing the Fayth to dream it. My interpretation is that the Fayth were waiting until they could find the dream that would end all of their dreams. It started with Jecht and ended with Tidus. Jecht used Auron, an unsent, to go between Spira and the dream.

I believe this lies in the connection Vegnegun had with the Fayth and the Pyreflies reaction to Yuna's memories. The Fayth can't sleep as long as Vegengun is awake. Therefore, a butchered reincarnation of the Aeons is possible through the connection Vegnegun has with the Aeon's Fayth, and the connection Yuna's memories have with the Pyreflies. Yuna and friends are the only ones to see the Aeons, so this theory is supported by the Farplane facts. Other's memories are visable to others while they are there. The memories made real by the Fayth who are now awake, and controled by Vegnegun who wont let them sleep. That's my take on it anywho =3

The Fayth are mearly sleeping, they are not gone nor dead. Tidus is their reward to Yuna for saving their butts, AGAIN (at least I think). Like Tidus said, the Fayth gathered up his thoughts to recreate him. He exists again becuase of the bond Yuna and him share. As long as this bond is never broken, Tidus will remain by her side... or so he thinks (Tidus isn't too good with for sures).

So, since Yu Yevon is gone, Sin can never return. And even though the Fayth sleep, Tidus's memories of himself and thoughts create him, as well as Yuna's bond to him. Stranger things in FF's have happened, so I guess this I can buy. At least Yuna had to work REALLY hard to get her man back XD;

But yeah, that's just my take on the whole thing. You don't have to aggree with me, but after lots and lots of thought, that's how I think it could work out after examining all the facts from FFX. It's the only plausable explanation, ^^;

Yuna
    Hmmmm... I'm sorry my fandom upsets you so much! Would you like a cookie?

Summoner Yuna
    Hmmmm... I'm sorry my fandom upsets you so much! Would you like a cookie?

....If He doesn't want that cookie could I have it?

Ahem.

You raise some very good points (Most of which I agree with).

Hmn... I've always wondered what it would take to break the bond that Tidus and Yuna share? Or is it unbreakable?

Yuna
    I have two cookies =3

There is something indesputable in the bond between Yuna and Tidus... it's more then just coincedense that both Tidus and his father has some sort of connection to Yuna. But that all leads into specualtion, more on the subject of Sin and Jecht being one... which wasn't explained very well.

Summoner Yuna
    I have two cookies =3

There is something indesputable in the bond between Yuna and Tidus... it's more then just coincedense that both Tidus and his father has some sort of connection to Yuna. But that all leads into specualtion, more on the subject of Sin and Jecht being one... which wasn't explained very well.

Oo! Can I trade you a glass of milk for one!! Cookies are so great! I swear... The food of GODS i say... (But I say that about alot of food...)

See that was kinda my view on it... I think it would take alot to break that bond. I'm not even sure death could break it... (or rather didn't...)

I wish they'd do like a Final Fantasy X-0... Where you could get more of a backstory on Braska, Jecht, Auron... and Little Yuna.... just because I think young Yuna would be super duper cute. Ahem.

Lady Succubus Wait... it *could* work! Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oi, don't diss Auntie Yunie-chan!
    She is the coolie ^_^
    I completely agree with her thoughts on this. and since my gf is doing a project connecting ALL of the FF's, this would go good with it. thanks yunie-chan! XD

but yes, who cares if we read too much into a game, that's what's fun about a game, it stirs up the imagination! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Otenaki

but yes, who cares if we read too much into a game, that's what's fun about a game, it stirs up the imagination! xD
    I 2nd that.

CID
    I agree Ronin. The fun in the game matters most.

Yuna
    Quote Originally Posted by CID
    I agree Ronin. The fun in the game matters most.
    Is there any place in this thread where I am stateing otherwise?

saint35
    so yu yevon was the bastard who turned jecht into sin? right?

The Old Skool Warrior Wait... it *could* work! LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Umm, technically, yes. Yu Yevon is the bastard that turned all of the final summons into the next Sin.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

priority7
    While it may have been a cliche, I would have felt like I'd been raped and dumped at the side of the road if Tidus hadn't come back. After taking the time nessissary to get through this game I would have been truly pissed off by -Flash to Yuna, 20 years later, "I'm still looking for you. I hope you get this" *puts story of entire game into a bottle and throws it into the ocean*-. It just wouldn't have worked. Sometimes you just have to tell a fairy tale.

I do agree that Tidus sucked, though. I have no idea what Yuna saw in him.

Auron's-Clone
    ... May I, too, have a cookie?...

Anyways! I'd a been pi$$ed off if Tidus didn't come back. I very much agree with Priority7! All that hard work and ENDLESS sidequests *curses out the stupid sidequests*

And, Priority7? I think I know what Yuna saw in him, even though I think of him as a big *****-WUSS... He's caring, gentle, and -shoot me if this sounds weird- sexy.

A.C.

priority7
    Eh, that was a badly thought out comment. I was in a hurry. In retrospect, I can see it quite easily, except for the sexy part.

I always have problems with main characters whose personalities clash with my own, and let's face it, If I met Tidus in real life I would probably hate him. At least, at first. I have a weird habit of befriending everyone who I instantly dislike or insult.

Major_Biggs
    I've only played X-2 through the first three chapters... mainly because my stooopid ps2 blew up on me. But I think it would have been a major bummer had Tidus not come back, as I understand.

Can I have that cookie, please?

cindy1964

i agree

i think you are correct in your thoughts about why and how tidus comes back. it does make sense. the fayth would have know about the bond between tidus and yuna, and they would be greatful for being able to sleep again. yuna gave them the change to rest not once, but twice. in there gratitude they gave yuna the thing she wanted most in the world, tidus. i haven't gotten the perfect ending yet, but i am working on it. i remember meachun ( if i spelled that right), the unsent elder telling yuna and copany that there was a way to get back that which was lost.

Did you just say "cheesy jeans"? Wait... it *could* work! Bryan 2.0's Avatar

What is Sin?

What is Yu Yevon?

Why was Sin there?

Damn. That is seriously in depth. I'm not bashing the fact that it is in depth, because it is actually pretty impressive. Made me think a bit about it. Good job for you!
    <center>

</center>

Yuna
    Lol... yeah, I'm a big fat weirdo-dork and should be slapped or something. Hehe... sometimes I think too much =3

asyraf

owh come on yuna...

hey wat the hell u thinking...be more matured...it just a game...and there's no logical explanation...look at the name "final fantasy"...which we should knew from the beginning that the game is totally crab...

asyraf

dont u understand...

yu yevon want to keep sin alive...forever...even after the dream of the fayth gone...(well if yu yevon manage to send it)...sin actually is a punishment for the spira citizens...the yevon teaching teach the citizens the thing they can do and otherwise...but the citizens somehow forgot and leave the teaching away as they fight to each other (zanarkand vs luca) if im not mistaken...yevon got mad and sin is the answer (yevon punish them)...but the dream of the fayth corrupted yevon plan...the longer they dream...the bigger the posibility for the dream to come true...as a result...sooner or later the dream will demolish sin and yu yevon itself...yu yevon cant let it happen by just watching it come true...so he uses sin as a shield to send the dream...somehow yu yevon is too late...because jecht accidently found a space to travel between the fayth dream to the real world...he together with auron and lord braska succeed to stop the sin for the coming 10 years (false hope)...after that tidus son of jecht come and this time he will become the only hope to stop the sin for not the coming 10 years but forever...after tidus beat yu yevon and the sin (lord braska final aeon and his own father)...the dream of the fayth automaticly gone because the fayth is gone...the fayth is gone because they knew that spira has reach the permanent calm as sin will never be exist again...just consider the fayth mission has accomplished...this bring the reason of why tidus is gone too...got it!

asyraf
    yes yu yevon and yevon is the same person...consider it as god in final fantasy x series...

Dragon KnightKJ
    I bought (finally) bought X2 and the glossary Shinra had cleared everything up.The teachings of Yevon are like the religion of Spira.Yevon is the religion and the living Yevon was Yunalesca's father.So what we're saying is that Yevon got angry at the war Zanarkand VS Bevelle and created sin and his wel...uh dead form,Yu Yevon used this Sin to destroy all of Spira.But in saying that we are also saying that Yevon wasnt all that of a good leader.What I am wondering is what are the Fayths' job?

By dreaming they keep Zanarkand going
    And if Sin is vanquished....why do they stop dreaming?

From what I can remember the Fayth are tired of Dreaming but they cant stop once Sin is alive.Tell me why must the Fayth dream while Sin is alive?

PS.Being inquisitive isnt being imature.Square Enix is stupid cause they apparantly forgot that by adding new characters and peaking our interests,they also increase the desire for sequels because I,for one,wished that there was a story to complete X-2 where everything unfolds i.e The fayth,why and how they turned to fayths,Tidus,YRP,NBG fight on one team.You know where EVERYTHING concludes.We are just trying to conclude it ourselves.Buuuut......thinking *too* much can just break ur brain in two

asyraf
    the fayth is actually a person whom is died on the pilgrimage...they are summoner too...there's a lot of summoner if u remember...each of the summoner has their own team (summoner and guardian)...they never follow other team (other summoner)...but they only have one mission that is to bring sin down...the fayth(died summoner) always wanted a calm spira...they never give up...which is a reason why they transform to become an aeon and the dreams too...they never stop dreaming UNTIL sin is gone forever...you can see it actually...when jecht together with auron and lord braska manage to stop sin for the coming 10 years...zanarkand(in fayth dream) reach the calm too...it just last for 10 years which is enough for tidus to grow up...after that (10 years after lord braska defeat sin) sin came once again and this time sin take tidus with him too (at zanarkand, when tidus is perfoming the sphere shot)...this actually is not what the fayth is dreaming...it actually came from the sin itself...yes sir jecht did this all...the reason is because he wants to see his own kid (tidus) and he want his own kid to kill him...thats why the other citizens of zanarkand didn't travel to baaj temple and to besaid...got the point!...tidus is the only person who travel from zanarkand(the dream of the fayth) to the real world(baaj temple>he meet rikku>besaid island)...this all is done by sir jecht...he's the only one who can did this because he use to experiences the same thing...i noticed this after i finished the game...the dream of the fayth is mainly about jecht...jecht is the only person who travel from the fayth dream to the real world 100% with just using the power of the dream...even tidus travel like that too...but with jecht help (just like i said jecht wanted to see tidus and wanted tidus to stop him from being a complete sin)...in a nutshell...tidus is not the real hero...the real hero should be sir jecht...if there's no sir jecht...automaticly no tidus too...yes sir jecht is the real hero...anyway i still prefer tidus...

tpflame19
    I, as well, think it was a good idea to have Tidus come back at the end. After all, you have to have a good ending at the end of a final fantasy game.

Finalgamer
    Wow even though im new at the TFF i know FFX-2 and FFX and all other FF but if u love FFX-2 can u like make me a friend of yours cause i love FFX-2 and all FFX ill get along with everyone also the FFX-2 battle system was alot better than FFX ( i think that not you ) and FFX-2 left off right where FFX ended great game not so orginal but the game is amazing 10-10 yay

Finalgamer
    In FFX it was i think yevon lied so did Seymor and he was kool when u defeat him also the Magus sisters ( final summoning basicly ) there kool and ummmmmmmmmmm ya thats it o and yu yevon i think was against yevon like in FFX-2 its new yevon and Youth leage cmon its basicly the same but different names and stuff also the end if u get 100% in FFX-2 the end is awesome other than Tidus waking up from the Besaid island ocean thing and yuna finds him ( sorry to spoil but had to ) it gets better after that lol and all of Besaid come out woot woot go tidus and yuna ( nice couple awwwww )

Finalgamer
    asyraf god your right amazing nice lol very nice but i dont think that jecht did all that i mean some of lord braske and the fayth helped ( koo huh )

Wait... it *could* work! TomStrife's Avatar
    The Ever-Enchanted Land of Noisemaking where our only means of survival is Metal!
    Um......a word of advice:

Don`t triple post.

As for me, I`m pretty curious:

What happens if you select that you don`t want Tidus to come back?

While we`re talking about him, is his name pronounced:

Tie-dus

or

Tee-dus?

Only because Yuna was so happy that he came back.
    Square really screwed FFX up with the ability to name Tidus.
    Remember kids, internet debates are just like the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

My Band:

www.purevolume.com/onthewingsofvictory
    www.myspace.com/onthewingsofvictory

Did you just say &amp;quot;cheesy jeans&amp;quot;? Wait... it *could* work! Bryan 2.0's Avatar
    I've always called him Tie-dus. But in Kingdom Hearts, little Wakka calls him Tee-dus. Who knows? Good question, though.
    <center>

</center>

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast