Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Wait... it *could* work!

The joke is far too true Wait... it *could* work! loner-kid's Avatar
    Lol when i got the good ending in x-2 it brought up too many emotions for me to start reading between the lines and anyway you can read almost anything because the meanings of words and phrases are so loose and if you add facial expressions to the mix you can create ideas of incredible depth and variety

Registered User Wait... it *could* work! ladysilver's Avatar
    Unfortunately I've never gotten the perfect ending on FFX-2 - I had to watch it on You tube lol. But the idea of the fayth and everything makes sense to me even though I never really thought about it in depth like this. Thank you for posting it
    I shall rule the Dead City (kinda)
    http://reignofblood.net/link.php?n=108300
    Life is what you make of it, when it shuts a door, smash a window

Re: Wait... it *could* work!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuna View Post
    This thread contains massive spoilers for both FFX and FFX-2.

Okay, when I first beat FFX-2 perfectly and got Tidus back, I was in complete disbelief that this could happen in the world which FFX left. I thought to myself that if Tidus could come back, then so could Sin and all the Aeons, thus totally nullifying all which had taken place in FFX. The more I thought about it, the more it came to make sense that there was a logical way for Tidus to come back without throwing away the facts pressented in FFX. First we have to start with the relation that everything has to everything - ie: Sin.

What is Sin?
    Sin is the armor Yu Yevon wears to bring its chaos. SIn itself is the mutated form of the Final Aeon Summoned at the final battle between Sin and a Summoner. The Final Aeon is not an Aeon of the Fayth, but an Aeon created out of devotion to a Summoner. It is another person sacrificed out of love/friendship.

What is Yu Yevon?
    Yevon was the govoner of Zanarkand 1000 years before FFX took place. He was Yunaleska's father. He was also a Summoner, as was Yunaleska. (This is why I think they named Yuna after Yunaleska because she too followed in her father's footsteps as a Summoner). Zanarkand was the city of summoners back when Yevon ruled it (so it is said). Yevon would have rather destroyed Zanarkand himself then let Bevelle destroy it, so he did. He then turned the populace of Zanarkand into Fayth. He used his Aeons to create the armor that is Sin. The only method that could defeat Sin was the Summoning the Final Aeons.

Why was Sin there?
    The games tells you it is punishment for Spira's "sins". This isn't true. By taking control of the Fayth's Final Aeon, Yu Yevon forces Zanarkand to be recreated in a dream the way it was when he destroyed. Hence why, at the end of FF you see Jecht in what appears to be Zanarkand. When the Final Summoning occurs, this dream of Zanarkand is destroyed, which is why Yu Yevon in turn takes control of the Final Aeon so he will be reborn again, and continue his dream of Zanarkand.

Why do the Fayth need Sin to be destroyed in order to sleep?
    By now this should be obvious. Yu Yevon is forcing the Fayth to dream his dream of Zanarkand each time he takes hold of another Aeon. Once all the Aeons are gone, Yu Yevon will have no hold over the Fayth, and therefore, the Fayth can sleep.

What does this have to do with Tidus?
    Tidus is a Dream of the Fayth; he is a being of the dream that Yu Yevon is forcing the Fayth to dream (Zanarkand). Because they wanted to rest, he dissapeared, leaving Spira and Yuna at the end of FFX.

How did Tidus get to SPira from the "dream"?
    Sin can't control this dream since it is forcing the Fayth to dream it. My interpretation is that the Fayth were waiting until they could find the dream that would end all of their dreams. It started with Jecht and ended with Tidus. Jecht used Auron, an unsent, to go between Spira and the dream.

If the Fayth sleep, how come Aeons came back in FFX-2?
    I believe this lies in the connection Vegnegun had with the Fayth and the Pyreflies reaction to Yuna's memories. The Fayth can't sleep as long as Vegengun is awake. Therefore, a butchered reincarnation of the Aeons is possible through the connection Vegnegun has with the Aeon's Fayth, and the connection Yuna's memories have with the Pyreflies. Yuna and friends are the only ones to see the Aeons, so this theory is supported by the Farplane facts. Other's memories are visable to others while they are there. The memories made real by the Fayth who are now awake, and controled by Vegnegun who wont let them sleep. That's my take on it anywho =3

So... Tidus can come back... how?
    The Fayth are mearly sleeping, they are not gone nor dead. Tidus is their reward to Yuna for saving their butts, AGAIN (at least I think). Like Tidus said, the Fayth gathered up his thoughts to recreate him. He exists again becuase of the bond Yuna and him share. As long as this bond is never broken, Tidus will remain by her side... or so he thinks (Tidus isn't too good with for sures).

So, since Yu Yevon is gone, Sin can never return. And even though the Fayth sleep, Tidus's memories of himself and thoughts create him, as well as Yuna's bond to him. Stranger things in FF's have happened, so I guess this I can buy. At least Yuna had to work REALLY hard to get her man back XD;

But yeah, that's just my take on the whole thing. You don't have to aggree with me, but after lots and lots of thought, that's how I think it could work out after examining all the facts from FFX. It's the only plausable explanation, ^^;

I'll stop blabbering now with my insane FFX fandom x_X;;
    nice theory....

Everyone needs a savior Wait... it *could* work! the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Wait... it *could* work!

What is Yu Yevon?
    Yevon was the govoner of Zanarkand 1000 years before FFX took place. He was Yunaleska's father. He was also a Summoner, as was Yunaleska. (This is why I think they named Yuna after Yunaleska because she too followed in her father's footsteps as a Summoner). Zanarkand was the city of summoners back when Yevon ruled it (so it is said). Yevon would have rather destroyed Zanarkand himself then let Bevelle destroy it, so he did. He then turned the populace of Zanarkand into Fayth. He used his Aeons to create the armor that is Sin. The only method that could defeat Sin was the Summoning the Final Aeons.
    amazing and i thought i was the only one that loved ffx this much but while this is an incredibly accurate and amazing theory there is one small flaw.
    Yu yevon doesnt use the final aeon to create the armour known as sin, Yu yevon uses the final aeon as a means to live.

The armor, sin, was created by millions of pyerflies bound together by yu yevons most powerful gravity spell (this is why you see several instances of sin using gravity spells) much like a fiend is created by the restlessness and resentment of the dead, pyerflies bind together. Sin (the armor) is the exact same thing except its created of pyerflies bound together by a gravity spell.

2 quotes support this, one by maechen or however its spelled (the old unsent scholor) although at the moment it escapes me exactly what the quote is or when it takes place. but he mentions gravity spells in relation to this topic i believe and the second being when you meet mika at the highbride, this quote i know the jest of

Mika mentions yu yevon, rikku asks what yu yevon is, Mika responds: He who crafts the souls of the dead into an unholy armour, an armour called sin.

while you are half right in the sense that sin is created by yu yevon joining with the final aeon, the armor is created by the pyerflies being forced together, the conciousness if thats what you wanna call it is what is created when yu yevon joins with the final aeon

other then that great job
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior

DAYUM I LEAVE FOR 3 YEARS AND THIS PLACE DIES Wait... it *could* work! Ethan Blitzball King's Avatar

Now forgive me its been forever since I posted

I believe the possibility of FFX becomming redundant due to Tidus' return is ver possible because it does make alot of sence since Tidus had a chance to return and he did so couldn't everyone else as well as for reading into this too much thats what video games are for you get to play them then explore the possibilities of well what if this happened or that and in your mind you can think of 100s of ways things could have been better or even worse I know for a fact that in Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance I have thought of serveral different possibilities or even in the new FF13 game FF13-2 you can change the way things are I have beaten the game dozens of times yes I haven't done it all at once because i've had no time hence why I left 3 years ago but I explored all the possibilites in the game then thought of things Square Enix could have done things differently but as for the other ressurections in my opinion it is entirely possible and would have made an interesting turn in the storyline
    My Blitzball Kingdom:
    My Final Fantasy Family Ralz the First Brother I had he is stuck marrying Yuna xTidus The second Brother I had he really Adores Blitzball genomes blade My youngest Brother he Really enjoys his Older Brothers' company And my Mystic Brother Vivimastermage of Chaostroph may you never play cards with him. And my Awesome Brother Fate who is just great to be around all the time I would be lost if it weren't for him and My awesome Older Brother Meier Link the Party animal And my Soul-devouring, Soon-to-be-game making brother, Alther Primus Also introduing The Graceful Lord of Chaosthroph who adores big Swords and Über Spells." Elyon My Awesome Learning Sister Himi And my Auron Loving Sister Dodie16 I introduce you to My younger sister Ann another fan of FF 10 My Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi And my younger Sister Terra Branford the pie loving Fullmetal alchemist FF6 Obsessed If you want in and you are a fan of Blitzball send me a VM and you are welcome to come
    My Duck Legion Members:
    Ethan Can U Say Freak Silver

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4