Thread: The Symbols of FFX

The Brave The Symbols of FFX

Arrow The Symbols of FFX

You know the symbols that appear in FFX that are connected to the aeon? They are each adorned with letters that when read in a certain order (usually clockwise from the center but other readings would be possible) you get something that most of the time appears to be gibberish but in certain cases looks like it could be a legit name.

Besaid: TIGOK

Kilika: NYOYO

Djose: FCPEQ (not sure about that one)

Macalania: LOYY

Bevelle: THGOP (not sure about that one)

Final Aeon: ILCGY (not sure about that one)

Yojimbo: MPUE (apparently needs to read in an alternate order)

Anima: BIPIG (not sure. Read counterclockwise it reads as BIGIB which isn't much better)

Magus sisters: WHJSG, NCRHJG and FCTG (All of these appears to be gibberish)

Well, there you have it. Sure, most of them appear to be pure gibberish and it's just a theory what they all might mean. Feel free to discuss anyway.

wut?
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

It's secret Illuminati Moogle Code.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. The Symbols of FFX Polk's Avatar
    My friend Burger said that if you play the hymn of the fayth backwards, it says "Squall is dead!"

On a more serious note, I did a little light reading about this (jesus christ am I a nerd), and found this:

Quote Originally Posted by FF WIKI
    There are symbols of the Yevon script that are associated with a particular aeon. The symbol for Valefor and Besaid is annotated with the kanji for nothing (無, mu). Emptiness, mu, is a Zen Buddhist concept expressing negation of the self, selflessness, innocence and purity of soul. These are traits a summoner must achieve to succeed in defeating Sin. Buddhist concept of nothingness may also be associated with the element of air.
    From dis place.

So I'd guess that all the yevonscript in the seal of an aeon represents the meaning of the kanji it corresponds to. Pretty interesting.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.