Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tidus, you opinion please

Tidus, you opinion please

Im not too much of a fan, ok he's good an all but his character sucks. He laughs like a dying seagull and is just really annoying.

in order of greatness:

Cloud<Squall<Vann<Zindane<Cloud

Come on even zindane had an edge but it seems like they kinda forced a character out of tidus, the dude is suddenly given a sword at the beggining and all of a sudden he can fight.... no... at least the other characters had experience. Cloud was in soldier, though he was never 1st Class, Squall was in Seed, Vaan was an acomplished strret theif and Zindane was part of a team of rouges.... Tidus was a blitzball player. But i will give him credit, i did like some of the scenes where he screams at sin and chases him and near the end when he man's up.

lol sorry im just ranting but whats your views on Tidus?

Registered User Tidus, you opinion please

Re: Tidus, you opinion please

I really like Tidus. I like the character development he goes through. Makes him seem like a more personable character. He goes through a LOT during the events of the game, and for all the things that happened to him, he seems pretty well adjusted to it all.

I mean, how would you feel if you suddenly woke up in "another world", and come to the realization that you may never see the people that you love and care about ever again?

He gets a lot of flack for being a crybaby (especially from his dad ), but really, I think having a character to display that sort of emotion is a pretty refreshing change. Also, he doesn't cry THAT much, and for all the people that call him a "whiner", he really doesn't do it that much either. He grows as a character, so he does "grow up" a bit, and isn't so selfish.

Oh, and for his voice acting: There are some parts in the game that were pretty hard to not feel embarrassed for the actor playing him (i.e. the laughing scene), but overall, I thought it was a pretty decent job.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

i see what you mean, and yes i agree he does develop well as a character (im a writer and i admire the way they scripted his development), but something about him just rubs me up the wrong way. Even at the relative begining of the game when Rikku punchs him i lol'd. but yeah completely agree that he has a real character image, not as hardcore as Cloud and not as Emo as Squall... a good balance.

...... he still gets on my nerves though lol

The Lone Dagger Tidus, you opinion please Xithor's Avatar

I agree with the two of you, he seems so inept at the beginning of the game just following orders and doing what those around him tell him to do but he does grow a lot into a very strong charismatic leader I think. It's the emotion he shows towards the end of the game that made him such a great character, made him more real which Square has done a great job in doing the last few installments of Final Fantasy, developing characters. The scene at Macalania Woods was def one of my favorite. Hope that doesn't spoil anything but I tried to be as general as possible.

Me being such a fan of Zidane I would like to hear what a voice actor would do with him, how he would make him sound. He seems to me like he'd need to be full of sarcasm and sharp tongued but that's just a side note. lol

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

The only argument anyone ever has about Tidus is that he's annoying. I didn't have a problem with him at all and he made me laugh multiple times. If the main Character of X wasn't Tidus I probably wouldn't like it as much.

If I was dragged 1000 years in the future I would be a little bitchy too

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

The real reason why the rum is gone Tidus, you opinion please Nightmare Cloud's Avatar

The only argument anyone ever has about Tidus is that he's annoying. I didn't have a problem with him at all and he made me laugh multiple times. If the main Character of X wasn't Tidus I probably wouldn't like it as much.
    He certainly is annoying, but I do feel sorry for him cause of all that shit with Jecht and the fact that he's pretty much lost from his own time. He can be quite cute and loveable, but gaaaah annoying. Not as annoying as Vaan though. -__-

All is One.One is All. Tidus, you opinion please Firefly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    If I was dragged 1000 years in the future I would be a little bitchy too
    Exactly,LOL. I loved Tidus,I had no prob with him.He made the game fun and hilarious.One of my fav male characters of all time!!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Memento Rhapso Tidus, you opinion please Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote: Cloud was in soldier, though he was never 1st Class

Sorry, but that was driving me nuts. Cloud wasn't ever SOLDIER, just an Infantryman.
    Anyway, I kinda enjoy his character, but he makes a lot of bad choices lol.
    Oh, one other thing. PANT SHORTS
    That is all

*Quote thing 'twas being stoopid, had to do lame quote
    Last edited by Rhaps; 04-01-2010 at 01:26 PM.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

yeah sorry, i keep getting him mixed up lol havent played it in years and then crisis core came along.... ive really got to get another psp

Blog Entries

See the uncanny resemblence? The possible conspiracy behind the whole game?

I sure do.

I hope you all do too.

Now you've been warned.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Registered User Tidus, you opinion please Zidane77's Avatar

I thought he was okay, not awesome but he barely made it.
    Vaan was horrible though.

I liked all the main characters except Vaan, Ashe was kinda main too and she was a lot cooler.

I would explode to save your life~ Tidus, you opinion please SeaAlchemist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post

I sure do.

I hope you all do too.

Now you've been warned.
    O_o i never noticed that before and Tidus gets on my nerves >......<

Dragoon Tidus, you opinion please TigermusiQ's Avatar
    Devon, UK (Inside a Zone-eater as it's very roomy and rent-free)

I sure do.

I hope you all do too.

Now you've been warned.
    (Tidus is a lot prettier there. Or at least not as scary-looking.)

As for his character, I thought he was annoying but he was funny and somewhat realistic. Perhaps too emotional at times but, kudos to handling the culture shock.
    ------

I call out these prayers to the sky, heavy with thought, see your face.
    I carry these memories inside, thoughts of a soul colored by love.
    See me grow wings and fly high, passions will die down below.
    I burn in a basin of fire, watchers look on as they dance in their merciless sky.
    Watching me, watching you.

I want to play a game. Tidus, you opinion please Zargabaath's Avatar

I liked Tidus as a character. His perspective and growth in the story was nicely done and I liked his narration of his story as well. It offered a different and more mature sounding view of certain scenes. Tidus wasn't much of a warrior in the beginning but througout the story he becomes more and more like one. Then at the end of the game (facing Sin) he has become a warrior. Was he sometimes very emotional? Yes, but not a lot. Is that a bad thing? Not all the time.

I sure do.

I hope you all do too.

Now you've been warned.
    Yeeeaaaah...

A 17 year-old Okinawan boy looks like a (at the time) 38 year-old white girl. Tidus has a japanese influence on his look, Meg Ryan doesn't.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

tidus would be someone i want for a boyfriend. i know i'll never be bored because hes so adventurous and fun.

1DownShroom Tidus, you opinion please 1DownShroom's Avatar

Hes only adventorous and fun because he was made that way not becausehe is. Auron is better cause hes cool cause he doesnt complain.
    Some of us are poisonous, some of us are dangerous, some of us will get you high, some of us will make you DIE!

Quote Originally Posted by 1DownShroom View Post
    Hes only adventorous and fun because he was made that way not becausehe is.
    i'm not sure if i get your point. if hes made that way then wouldnt HE actually BE adventurous and fun? are you talking about in the sense where the people actually made him that way...yah thats what i mean.

and to add more, i think he balanced out his personality very well. hes chilled when hes supposed to and gets serious when its time to save the world. unlike most characters they are only seen as one-sided.

Quote Originally Posted by LIGHTNING_71013 View Post
    i'm not sure if i get your point. if hes made that way then wouldnt HE actually BE adventurous and fun? are you talking about in the sense where the people actually made him that way...yah thats what i mean.

and to add more, i think he balanced out his personality very well. hes chilled when hes supposed to and gets serious when its time to save the world. unlike most characters they are only seen as one-sided.

I agree with you Lightning, Downshroom... if you gonna argue against someone make sure you have a valid point. If someone is made to be somthing then they become what they have been made to be, if i was made into a killer then i'd be a killer. Tidus is adventurous, he may be a bit whinny at the biggining but as alot of people have said his character develops into so much more, ive recently played ff10 after creating this thread and i see what all the pro-tidus people mean.

Quote Originally Posted by 1DownShroom View Post
    Shat up before I stab u. Auron is cool! I hate Tidus because I like Auron because hes awesome, this is my opinion so go **** yourself!

have you read the rules? i suggest you go double check them, and if youve already made your argument on here dont comment on my visitors page, and how can you possibly stab me, im probably not even in the same country as you. And stating one character sucks just because you think another is awesome is not a valid point. Just because you think your right (its your opinion and your intiled to it) dosent mean everyone else is wrong.

From the ruins of Zanarkand Tidus, you opinion please Yuna's Avatar

Tidus...a guy who is really different, compared to other male protagonist of the saga.

First of all, his way to dress and look: he has coloured clothes, he's tanned, maybe more in health than Cloud and Squall (they looks so pale ihihih). Then, his way to live: he's a star in DZ, so really confident with himself...but with a big pain in his heart, about his father and the fact to be lonely.

Yeah, I'm agree with you: sometimes he's worse than Rikku, when he starts to talk so loudly I wish to summon Bahamut for shut his mouth...but you know, he's not too bad.

Despite is cherfull way of talk and act, he's not superficial person. He cares a lot about people, you can see that when he asks to the group of taking care of the monsters, he cares about Yuna and all the entire story of summoners, he fights for his love but also for all Spira...

Sir Auron

i think Tidus sounded like a girl in the English version...but other than that i think he was an ok character

Registered User Tidus, you opinion please

I found him kind of irritating at times, but for the most part he was alright.

Crash Boom Bang Tidus, you opinion please Lily's Avatar

I have to see past the voice acting.... his VA really makes me dislike his character, though if I muted the tv I'd probably make it through the game without cringing

I do like his character and his story, and he's not all emo and whiney, but good god, he doesn't half do my head in sometimes. I think he's just a bit too hyper for my liking sometimes, save that for one of the other party members please. that arm thing he does where he waves it really annoys me as well, but again, I guess that's like the VA thing, I just have to try to look past that

I like how we learn about shit as outsiders of Spira as he does, it helps to connect with his character and his emotions, and I think he is pretty well developed as a character

I just let the silly cosmetic things annoy me too much 8F

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Tidus, you opinion please Xanatos's Avatar

How many times have I heard about Tidus being annoying, about his terrible voice and whiny attitude, honestly before even playing the damn game I thought to myself, damn, he must be the worst protagonist in Final Fantasy franchise.

Though that suddenly changed, the minute I've beaten the game, maybe even earlier that description of Tidus disappeared before my eyes. Tidus is certainly one of the best characters in Final Fantasy franchise, great protagonist with lot of depth and great personality. Love his optimistic attitude, though it's true that he can go a little bit overboard with it. His voice was more than OK, in fact I found Yuna's voice to be more annoying (blasphemy, some might say). Also, why so many people think he's whiny, is it because Yecht thinks of him that way, there's nothing strange to be whiny when you're a kid you know. As for his bitching, he had all reason for it, I mean put yourself in his shoes, 10 000 years in future, without a home and everyone you knew, completely new world you don't know anything about, pretty good reasons to me.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

dress in drag and do the HULA \o/ Tidus, you opinion please xkrogholm's Avatar

liked Tidus 10 times better than Vann :3.. but yeah, thought it was a bit odd that he was able to wield a sword immediately, since his only real skill was blitzball to begin with o.O.

Registered User Tidus, you opinion please Cloudsnakeskin's Avatar

I think with a different voice actor he could have been one of the most memorable FF characters, instead of being remembered for his whiny voice.

Registered User Tidus, you opinion please Cloudsnakeskin's Avatar

I forgot to add that i do actually like Tidus just not his voice.

The Mad God Tidus, you opinion please Heartless Angel's Avatar

To be honest, I liked the fact that he didn't have any experience as a fighter. You actually got to see a spoiled kid become the guy who'd help save the world. Only thing about him I wasn't nuts about was the voice. It wasn't terrible, but did get kinda irritating at times.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought he was alright, but would have been miles better with a different voice actor. If anything, it was just the voice acting that irritated me throughout the game, and not just with Tidus.

The voice just made him seem really spoilt and whinny. It worked in some places, because I think his character is supposed to be somewhat whinny, but it went a little too far.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

fingerblaster69

Tidus was a good hero one thing that i did not like was the facial expressions he had sometimes in the game. But i do love how he wasn't a fighter at the beginnig and you actually saw him grow during the game which was a cool experience. Overall not the best final fantasy character but he is in my top 10 best video game characters of all time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast