Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Shouldnt FFX be made into a movie?

Tortured Soul

Re: Shouldnt FFX be made into a movie?

It would be cool if it was turned into a movie. I wouldn't want anything extra to the story line though.

I have a peguin on a stick! ^_^ Shouldnt FFX be made into a movie? Kooky Spice's Avatar
    Being held hostage by the imaginary people that live in this fictitious reality

I would ultimately depend on how it was done. I really don't know what else to say on it.

Lawlz Sephy so Smaht!!

This is where my name comes from for anyone who cares. Btw please don't get the wrong idea. I love Final Fantasy more than any other game series in the whole world.

"Good things don't come to those who wait. Good things come to those who want it bad enough to take it."

From the ruins of Zanarkand Shouldnt FFX be made into a movie? Yuna's Avatar

Naaah, FF X don't need any movie. The reason is the story is too long for that, and I don't like to see my favourite episode cut with no mercy.

Advent Children was pretty different, a sequel and a beautiful way to thanks all the fans of the saga !

Tern16420

I think Final Fantasy 10 should be a movie! It was such a good game.

The Bird Of Hermes Shouldnt FFX be made into a movie? Dancing_Corpse's Avatar

A sequel or prequel of the game would make a good movie. Advent Children was totally awesome (and for only $10, what a bargain). It also depends on how they made it. Since FFX is largely story based they would have to make the movie like that to make it as much like the game as possible. As long as they don't ruin it by trying to squeeze as much story into a short movie or cutting the story down too much in order to fit into the movie. It would be quite a challenge and it would be interesting to see the result. xD

The Brave Shouldnt FFX be made into a movie?

Arrow Re: Shouldnt FFX be made into a movie?

I would definitely want to see a FFX movie if they make one that is.
    The Cloister of Trials would be interesting in particular if they would put them into the movie.

Registered User Shouldnt FFX be made into a movie? + Revenant +'s Avatar
    Six feet under...and dragging you down with me

I don't think any Final Fantasy should be made into a movie. Movies and video games don't mix well in general, because video games are a far more personal and interactive experience. The feeling would almost inevitably be lost in the transition to film, with its very different and far more rigid requirements. This is even more true for games as far-reaching (and hotly debated) as those in the Final Fantasy series. Their spirit probably wouldn't survive all the way to the big screen, no matter how good the special effects were or how well chosen the cast was. And if you don't have the spirit, you don't have much; just a bunch of people imitating a video game on camera.

I'm fine with the series the way it is.
    Last edited by + Revenant +; 06-16-2010 at 07:06 PM.

Registered User Shouldnt FFX be made into a movie? Oneesan's Avatar

I am sorry, but I can't agree with you. There have been many game to screen adaptations and they just don't work. There is simply not enough space in a movie to capture ever part of a great game like this one. Now a side story similar to FFVII-advent children would be kinda cool. I wouldn't mind seeing a film about Auron, Jecht, and Braska; as long as it's done right and doesn't deviate from what weve seen through memories and spheres.

purex444

I think this game should definately be made into a movie. The story line is fantastic. The story with ffx-2 isnt as good at first, however it eventually brings you back to the first story and completes it. With ffx and ffx-2 as a dueligy or even could be trilogy, combined with a Good Japanese and/or American action enspired director with real actors could possibly be the latest spiderman type movie. The game with the right director could be done. Real actors would be a must I think considering Final Fantasy spirits within bombed. Personally I liked it but apparently most Americans dont like a lot of CGI. I personally have never liked most final fantasy games however ffx and ffx2 rocked, (even though theres only a little bit of the ffx2 story). They are legends for they're time not only in game play but in story telling. If anything FFX at least has to be made into a movie.

Tidus X

I think yes, it should be a movie.. the game was great.. if they keep the movie like the game, and don't add a bunch of stuff, then it would be a pretty descent movie

Pedobear approves Shouldnt FFX be made into a movie? Shadow Of Darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tidus X View Post
    I think yes, it should be a movie.. the game was great.. if they keep the movie like the game, and don't add a bunch of stuff, then it would be a pretty descent movie
    yeah..and you will sit in the cinema and watch it for 50+ hours, right?
    FINAL FANTASY RULES!!!

A PROUD MEMBER OF THE STUUUUPIDEST CLUB...EVER! STONER BROTHERS UNITE !

SoD: What should I give to my girlfriend for Valentines Day?
    Pete: My suggestion is two presents. Get her something of meaning to the both of you, and a dildo. If she doesn't like the first gift, she can go **** herself.

My Family:
    My awesome sister which I love very much <3--Vampiric.Delirium
    My lazy, random, super-duper, twice-removed cousin-- Ralz
    My forever intoxicated vigilante brother--Celtic_Silver
    My Godsmack Addicted Brother--Omega Weapon
    My dark wolf obsessed somebody--Darkwolf
    My Bahamut loving sister--Bahamut1990
    My forever banned cousin--Dark_Angel2
    My sweet vanilla cousin--OceanEyes28
    My wacky evil loving sister--Annikit

The Brave Shouldnt FFX be made into a movie?

Arrow Re: Shouldnt FFX be made into a movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Tidus X View Post
    I agree with you. A FFX movie would certainly be an interesting movie to make. I wonder what the cast would be though.

MaesterMika

I think that it would be a great idea. It would be a long ass movie though. I think a miniseries would be so much better. Cause when square tries to fit so much into a 90 minute movie it sucks. We saw what happened with AC.

Registered User Shouldnt FFX be made into a movie? NeoAquarius12's Avatar

Well, it would be epic, but I don't think Squenix would want to attempt it. Maybe a sequel movie? I don't know what it would be about, but I'm sure it could be done.

FFX: Return of the Guados.

Hmmm, a trilogy maybe?

Dan the man Shouldnt FFX be made into a movie?
    I am originally from Iowa but i have travelled all over the world and currently am teaching english in beijing china for a couple years.

No...why?...because its a game

Registered User Shouldnt FFX be made into a movie? randy666's Avatar

having watched advent children I think it is very possible there will be more FF movies (the combat is cool) but i would rather it not be made into a movie because a) it might spoil some of the characters in the game, b) movies always feel incomplete especially when the game has so much the movie would trim all of this people would expect it to be longer
    this is it the final boss now there is no turning back....

Only if it was given to someone who gives a damn about the series and is not just doing it for a quick buck. we dont want it to end up like Dragonball evolution

Elloewen Shouldnt FFX be made into a movie? ultimatekupo's Avatar

I think playing the game is much like watching a movie already. If they made it into a movie they would find a way to ruin it. It is my favorite story though.
    "There is a special providence in the fall of a sparrow" -Shakespeare

good story for a movie but ah they would find a way to ruin it so no haha

Thye only answer to this question is YES, YES and oh yeah YES!!!

if they make it CGI like FFVIIAD...it would be nice rather than live action.... imagine seymoure with 1 tons gel.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3