Thread: Replaying X - Taking on Penance

Replaying X - Taking on Penance

Hey everyone,

I'm about to start a replay of X.

I've beaten it before but never really took on the Monster Arena or Dark Aeons.

Is there anything I need to watch out for along the way?

I'm going to start with the basic sphere grid as I believe it has more nodes for boosting stats.
    I know not the miss the Jecht Shot as this makes Blitzball easier which is needed for Wakkas Attack Reels I think.

Anything else to watch out for. Any advise from those who have beaten Penance before?

Thanks

Boxer of the Galaxy Replaying X - Taking on Penance Rowan's Avatar
    I platinumed it. So ill tell you straight up, even with max stats, penance is going to be REALLY annoying. Your main damage dealers are those with overdrives that hit multiple times and riku. But really, if anythings giving you real trouble, just zanmato. I know it sounds really cheezy of me, but pleh. Have fun with the game, dont let the game have with you.

The Mad God Replaying X - Taking on Penance Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Be warned, the dark Aeon encounters are active immediately upon receiving the airship. Don't go land in Besaid thinking you're going to grab a jecht sphere to unlock some overdrives for Auron, because as soon as you hit town, dark Valefor is going to bend you over and have his way with you. Don't start going to back to old areas until you're ready to get obliterated.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.