Thread: My Fave.

My Fave.

FFX is my fave FF game now I want to know if anybody else agrees with me as everyone else keeps saying 7, 8, 9 granted they are all good games (7 is my 2nd fave followed by 8 and then 9) so does anyone agree with me? Also I am not just saying this due to the graphics being better and the characters talking (these are good aspects but these alone don't make a game) etc but as the game overall such as the playability and sidequests any opinions please.

Re: My Fave.

I strongly disagree. I mean, it's okay to have favorites, I'm not saying you're wrong for liking FFX. It's just I know a lot of people, including me, felt really let down by the games linearity, the ridiculous plot twist AND/OR the ridiculously easy final boss. So, it's not even close to being at the top of my favorites list.

The Lone Dagger My Fave. Xithor's Avatar

I gotta agree with Cain about why most of us don't rank Final Fantasy 10 as one of our favorites, they really did away with a lot of the components that made Final Fantasy games what they were. They pretty much eliminated a World Map, restricted chocobos to only one location (which were both also seen in FF XIII), and they made the story very linear. There was no real ability to roam around and discover things like you could in all the previous games. The graphics blew me away, as did the ones on FFXIII I was just disappointed at the absence of those key ingredients that make a Final Fantasy game unique to me.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

i also agreed with Cain.....that final boss is easier to beat,,,my opinion FF7-9 is much more better than FF-X/X-2.....and that final boss is kinda hard to kill compared with FF-X..but this's my opinion only,,,,

Dalmascan princess My Fave. lady ashe's Avatar

i must also agree with the others, i loved FFX but i would not say it was my fave, there was a ridulous easy final boss so thats why i prefer 7 and 9(thats the one with squall right?)

Ashe and Vaan forever

I roleplay Daisuke Niwa and DArk from DNANGEL and HAruhi Fujioka from OHSHC and also Ashe, so if anyone would like to RP with me just ask haha

My twitter - @Host_Haruhi

Registered User My Fave.

Quote Originally Posted by lady ashe View Post
    thats why i prefer 7 and 9(thats the one with squall right?)
    Final Fantasy 8 was the one that had Squall in it. ^^

As for 10, I enjoyed it overall, but it doesn't rank as my top fave. I loved how the battle system worked though, by switching your teammates in when you needed their particular skills. Very good addition to gameplay. ^^ I thought it was kind of odd though that when your party fell, none of the others could be brought in to finish the battle... What are the other characters doing on the sidelines anyway?
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Hewerya love...? My Fave. seanb's Avatar

for me its a tie between X and VII, they truly are masterpieces beyond comprehension. I cant even analyse why they are brilliant they just are. So I can really see where you are coming from Mark.

X is a completely different game to the previous 3, perhaps why people always fault it is because they compare it to its predecessors, which is a little pointless considering how it was meant to be a breath of fresh air (something new, different), SE purposefully made a change in X.

And these changes/new ideas that were used may have resulted in the game appearing linear to some players. As for the world map, that would have been hard to do because of the advanced graphics. It was far more realistic without it, afterall there was maps, (when on ships it would be displayed and when in the airship there is an interactive map).

For me, I wouldn't change a single thing in the game. It was absolutely perfect. But thats only my view. The game means a lot to me.

X is my second favorite to IX. The linearity bothered me at first, but I got over it. I didn't mind the change because other than that, it really wasn't all that much different from the previous FF's ^^; imo.

And yeah @ Dodie about KO'd characters wtf. At least they figured that out in XII, but too bad it sucked [/opinion]
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 05-26-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

I'll find you, no matter what. My Fave. FeyLenne13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have to say I love FFVIII as my favorite over all. It had such a realistic storyline, extreme character dynamic and a difficult ending. It's like a great book you never want to put down I guess. X and IX try for second followed by VII and VI. I really didn't like X-2 (except when I feel the need for that overall happy ending factor) and XII was all kill and hardly any storyline.

Trust Me.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み My Fave. ZantetsukeN's Avatar

X is a great game, it is ranked high on my favourites list. However, it's nowhere near the best. I'd say X is probably number 6 on my favourites (VIII, VII, IX, XII, IV then X). It was the start of more linear gameplay in the series. Not quite as linear as XIII, but not far off.

The thing that makes X is the characters. I think Tidus is a very interesting character, as is Auron. You make your own assumptions about them throughout the game, and then it's all revealed at the end.

Obviously X was the start of the next gen FF games, but a lot of people din't rate it so high. I think it's great though.

I realy love FFX, It holds a very dear place in my heart. FFVII will probably always be the greatest game ever imo but FFX is defo my second fave FF game.

It has a brilliantly writen story told in a brilliant way. The soundtrack is beautiful (especialy Tidus' theme) and it succeeds in being quite heavy in places while always fun.

For what it's worth i loved FFX-2 also. Those who slated it weren't apreciating it for what it was, A nice fun way to bring an end to a great story.
    Spoiler:
    I admit i shed a tear when Yuna and Tidus were reunited if you got the "good" ending

I thought it was great fun, The Gullwings were hilarious and the Y,R,P trio were sexy as hell!

Dalmascan princess My Fave. lady ashe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    Final Fantasy 8 was the one that had Squall in it. ^^
    oh yeah, then i like ffvii, ad ffviii, i can never remember which had Squall in it, hes one of my fave characters, i guess its because i havent played it for ages

Ashe and Vaan forever

I roleplay Daisuke Niwa and DArk from DNANGEL and HAruhi Fujioka from OHSHC and also Ashe, so if anyone would like to RP with me just ask haha

My twitter - @Host_Haruhi

Ravensoul

Quote Originally Posted by markandrewkinzett View Post
    FFX is my fave FF game now I want to know if anybody else agrees with me as everyone else keeps saying 7, 8, 9 granted they are all good games (7 is my 2nd fave followed by 8 and then 9) so does anyone agree with me? Also I am not just saying this due to the graphics being better and the characters talking (these are good aspects but these alone don't make a game) etc but as the game overall such as the playability and sidequests any opinions please.
    I agree with you. I love FF X (my 2nd fave, 1st VII and 3rd VIII), especially the Bestia system (Aeons in the english version, I think ^^), the sphere grid, the soundtracks and of course the storyline. And beating the dark aeons and penance is always fun.

All is One.One is All. My Fave. Firefly's Avatar

FFX will always be dear to me,but..I haven't played it in so long. The first time I played it completely,I was inlove with it. I would replay it over and over again,but then..after a while..I just couldn't pick it up again. Maybe its because I played it so many times But anyways,it'll always be up near the top as ' One of the Greatest FFs' for me( followed behind IX,VIII,XIII,and IV). I really miss playing this game and getting suprised at every turn in the story
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

is not a douche My Fave. Bubble Boy's Avatar

It's a decent game. But I just couldn't get past the part where Tidus' dad is revealed to be a gigantic blubber whale.

All evil will see the light My Fave. Assassin's Avatar

Your not wrong for liking FFX but ill have to agree dat the final boss waz eazy to beat ....... overall it waz good but dont u think FF VII iz better i mean it haz the action,the characters n the gud outcum n for me datz all for a good game but den every1 have dere likez n dislikes n every1 cant agree with what otherz say so if u like sumthin, dont care wat any1 else thinks

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

I will save the world My Fave. Hero without a Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markandrewkinzett View Post
    Final Fantasy X is my 2nd favorite Final Fantasy, only because VII is in a class of its own imo, but I understand some people like the other games more than X due to the linear playing story, and the plot line was kind of stupid/pointless in some areas, but the music for one was fantastic, some of the battles were pretty good and also there are some hard battles in the game. If people like FF based on hard battles, then IV, V and all the old final fantasies would be ppl's favorites because I've played them and the bosses are HARD! But I digress, X is great, love Yuna and I love Someday the Dream Will End

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

I didn't really enjoy X as much as i would have liked to. Granted, it is still a superb game but the linearity of the game was quite a letdown to me. Square did manage to toss in some optional extras to make the game seem more 'free', but ultimately it wasn't until the Calm Lands that things really started getting good. By then, some gamers would have probably given up.

The story is excellent though, i give it that much
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

Registered User My Fave. tetsu346's Avatar

ff10 was good but not as good as ff8 in my opinion ff8 was harder than 10 in a way like ff8 that fking space ship part with just squall and rinoa kicked my arse

There are only two Final Fantasy games I really did enjoy. FFX is in the first place and FFVII is on the second place.

FFXII is a bit fun, but it get's boring after awhile.

FFXIII is the worst FF game ever made. It's not a roleplay game, it's action-RPG. I was really dissapointed when I tried it. Thee are only two good things about that game, the grapichs and some of the story plot.

I am waiting in great expactation for the HD version of FFX