Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Latest news on FFX Remake

Re: Latest news on FFX Remake

Damn, why ff10 of all the final fantasys why not ff6 or better then that ff7 or failing that ff8, these are all much better games.

Registered BRUISER Latest news on FFX Remake Nidogod's Avatar

Yes, it's definitely going to be a remake!

Final Fantasy X Remake Is Not Just A HD Update

I'm personally hoping they don't really change much, though. Maybe make the whole Fayth dreaming/future Zanarkand/Tidus, Jecht, and Auron time travelling thing a little more.. sensical I guess is the word. That stuff was a bit of a mess.

I hope they will expand the story. Maybe add more spheres (not just jecht spheres) to get a more feel of the life in spira. Some more mini-games would be cool.

And blitzball on net would have been awesome.

The Lone Dagger Latest news on FFX Remake Xithor's Avatar

A remastered Final Fantasy X would definitely get my attention. I'm just very surprised that Square would start with a remake of X when fans have been calling for VII for so long. I'm not complaining though

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Nidogod View Post
    Yes, it's definitely going to be a remake!

Final Fantasy X Remake Is Not Just A HD Update

I'm personally hoping they don't really change much, though. Maybe make the whole Fayth dreaming/future Zanarkand/Tidus, Jecht, and Auron time travelling thing a little more.. sensical I guess is the word. That stuff was a bit of a mess.
    This is great news, i thought it was just an HD remake at first, i was hoping they'd remake the game using 13's game engine. i hope they dont change much besides the graphics and add a little more to Blitzball. I doubt they will do this but i hope they release a remastered soundtrack for the game too. It's prolly my favorite soundtrack of all time

when the game comes out on day one i will be buying a PS3.

Its not a remake ya dzopes, they are simply taking FFX and polishing it with HD, they are not remaking anything. This will cost them very little to do, nothing else will be different or even look that much different.

For them to do any PSX or any other prior FF titles they would have to start from SCRATCH! And that would cost them ALOT!

So please, stop your bitching, this is not a remake!

Boxer of the Galaxy Latest news on FFX Remake Rowan's Avatar

Actually Nix, I have read that they are adding a few new features to it as well. Im sorry I cant link you right now, but it has been mentioned in another thread im sure of it. If I find, ill post back an edit.

I am very happy that they are re-making this. I've beaten it on ps2/ps2 emulator numerous times 10+ to be exact and it'd be great to play in full HD. Hopefully it's the international version since ive never gotten to use the expert sphere grid or fight dark aeons and the extra bosses

The Brave Latest news on FFX Remake

Exclamation Re: Latest news on FFX Remake

If anything, they really should make more cloister of trials and also make them harder. A true brain teaser so to speak. Also, if this game really looks like ffxiii, I would be really glad. I am excitedly looking forwards to it.

Mystyrion

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Actually Nix, I have read that they are adding a few new features to it as well. Im sorry I cant link you right now, but it has been mentioned in another thread im sure of it. If I find, ill post back an edit.
    The only official news I've read is
    "However, we now have a little more clarity on just what Final Fantasy X HD will be. According to Andriasang, Shinji Hashimoto, a famed Square-Enix producer, confirmed that Final Fantasy X HD is to be considered more of a "remaster" than an outright remake. These comments came from the Taipei Game Show, where inquiring game journalists wanted to know more about the mysterious game-to-be.

As Andriasang points out, "Remaster refers to HD updates like ICO and Shadow of the Colossus rather than full remakes."
    Article Here
    ICO & SotC received minor updates. Support for 1080p, 7.1 surround sound, 3D, fixed frame rate at 30, and ICO was the European version of the game which included content cut out in NA version of the game.
    My guess is it will receive the same updates and it being the international version of the game. Maybe a few more extra features included.

Registered User Latest news on FFX Remake kierandell1409's Avatar

As much as I love FFX, I would much rather see a remake of FFVII. It's what the fans want (including me).

I actually found an interview with the team behind the FF games (see the link), and one of the developers had a strange argument.

Square Enix talks Final Fantasy 7 remake, Kingdom Hearts III, and Versus XIII | 2D-X

It wouldn’t be the same, and wouldn’t have the same magic. It’d have voices...
    Didn't Advent Children have voices?

Mystyrion

Latest news on FFX HD.
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...te-for-ffx-hd/

Toriyama only said: ”Regarding HD conversions, there is a lot to look into, so please wait a bit more.”

Sigh, I was hoping it would be out by fall to help me cope with the 280 I spent on a Vita.

Star of the FF Show Latest news on FFX Remake Rising Star's Avatar

Yeah, I read that kinda , but worth waiting it had a amazing story
    Be nice if they add achivements/trophies that sort of thing that could extend the lifespan of the game etc etc

Magically Delicous Latest news on FFX Remake Merlin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kierandell1409 View Post
    As much as I love FFX, I would much rather see a remake of FFVII. It's what the fans want (including me).
    Fans: Please remake FFVII! Please remake FFVII!!! Seriously please remake FFVII!!!!
    SquareEnix: OK DAMMIT! We'll remake FFX!
    Fans: Wait... what?

So Squeenix, when are we getting FFX-2 International + Last Mission? Or should we just keep watching the true ending to your games on Youtube?

Mystyrion

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    So Squeenix, when are we getting FFX-2 International + Last Mission? Or should we just keep watching the true ending to your games on Youtube?
    I don't know why they don't release internationally. Especially since they are called international version.

But they certainly do like to screw us over. We miss all the good stuff from Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy.

In other news: I thought this was interesting.
    Most remakes and ports in Final Fantasy are done by other companies and not handled by the First Production Department. FFX will be the first done by the 1st production team.

Yep if people outside of Japan want to know what "really" happens at the end of the FFX series, they should definitely watch Last Mission on Youtube if they haven't already. I finally got around to watching it recently and was surprised at how the characters actually seemed like "real" people. Yuna was no longer trying to emulate Rikku's behavior and Rikku finally tells us how she REALLY feels.

Anywho, what I'd really like to see in this remake is the ability to choose between English and Japanese voice acting. Sorry English voice actors, I just like the Japanese ones better. Also, will they just use all the same audio they already have or re-do all the voice acting? That would be what I'm wondering about. It would annoy me to play through the game with some crappy replacement for Hedy Burress and Tara Strong. Feel free to replace James Arnold Taylor though. Tidus' voice is ANNOYING.

Mystyrion

I never even knew of Last Mission until recently. My profound dislike for the game has brought me to never search for any information on the game.
    I watched the perfect ending of the original X-2 and thats all I've ever done.

I'm guessing we will get enhanced audio. Same voices, same music. I have never liked Japanese voices, especially in anime. Never got why people liked them so much.
    Maybe its just the anime I watched, but it always seemed like they were always trying to put way to much emotion into their role. Overdoing it in a sense.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Latest news on FFX Remake Polk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Anywho, what I'd really like to see in this remake is the ability to choose between English and Japanese voice acting. Sorry English voice actors, I just like the Japanese ones better. Also, will they just use all the same audio they already have or re-do all the voice acting? That would be what I'm wondering about. It would annoy me to play through the game with some crappy replacement for Hedy Burress and Tara Strong. Feel free to replace James Arnold Taylor though. Tidus' voice is ANNOYING.
    The smartest thing they could do is just HD-ify the international version. That way we get nice things like the expert sphere grid, dark aeons, and the additional weapon/armor abilities as well. And I imagine they have the raw audio files for voice acting/music lying around somewhere. At least I'd hope so. Uncompressed audio would sound fantastic, and it would be a huge pain in the ass to rerecord everything.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

私は。。。思い出にはならないさ Latest news on FFX Remake chaosweapon's Avatar

The new Final Fantasy X will actually be a HD version of Final Fantasy X and not a remake. I hope it will be able to fully utilise the PS3's and Vita's potential. Ideally menus could be navigated using the Vita's touchscreen.

It's needless to say that the game will look better on PS3 but the vita has the advantage of being portable. So cross-save compatibility would be beneficial to those that want to play the game on PS3 at home and be able to resume the game on the vita while outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosweapon View Post
    The new Final Fantasy X will actually be a HD version of Final Fantasy X and not a remake.
    Regardless of what graphics they use, or what features they add, simply refactoring the game to run on different gaming systems then it originally was released on is by definition a remake.

Star of the FF Show Latest news on FFX Remake Rising Star's Avatar

I Will Buy it regardless, Was a great game and still is, why change the recipe

Registered BRUISER Latest news on FFX Remake Nidogod's Avatar

I'm pretty annoyed we haven't gotten more details yet. The only one single thing that I'm wishing for is the PAL additions. If the expert sphere grid and dark aeons aren't in this game I'll be beyond angry.

Boxer of the Galaxy Latest news on FFX Remake Rowan's Avatar

I couldnt imagine playing ffx without the dark aeons or expert sphere grid... its wierd how Australia got the kickass version and USA didnt.

The King Latest news on FFX Remake Tydis's Avatar

I can bet you alot of money its all a lie if its not posted on squareenix, IGN, or G4 it is most likely a lie although I would like to believe it is true more than anyone else here but squareenix is releasing an FFX HD
    Tydis

I thank THE LEGEND OF DRAGOON because it wasn't for this game I would have never started playing FINAL FANTASY and discovered FINAL FANTASY X which is my favorite game I would be more than happy to put this pic as my signature.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2