View Poll Results: What was your best Blitzball game?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Points total that I scored by the end of the game

2 8.00%
  • 6 Points

2 8.00%
  • 7 Points

2 8.00%
  • 8 Points

1 4.00%
  • 9 Points

3 12.00%
  • 10 Points

2 8.00%
  • 11 Points

2 8.00%
  • 12 Points

2 8.00%
  • 13 Points

1 4.00%
  • 14+ Points (If you pick this, I'm busting you for lying. I need a still shot of the total)

8 32.00%

Thread: How Many Points did you score in Blitzball?

Registered User How Many Points did you score in Blitzball? Locke4God's Avatar

How Many Points did you score in Blitzball?

What was the highest number of goals you scored in any one game of blitzball?

Crash Boom Bang How Many Points did you score in Blitzball? Lily's Avatar
    6. I know it's not particularly high, I hate Blitzball. I just pass the ball around trying to pass the time.

Registered User How Many Points did you score in Blitzball?
    Oh, you can't pick any less than five? Because in all honesty, I sucked at Blitzball, and I think the most I ever scored was 3, and THAT'S because I think I had dumb luck on my side. I kept executing commands until something happened. Yeah, I never won a game...
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

NEVER WON? But it's sooooooooooooooo easy. I don't think I've lost. I tied a few early on because the damn Al-Bhed goal keeper was too good for my shot stats at the time. I couldn't score sitting right in front of him.

I got up to 10 so far. That was in games where you steal off the toss up, move straight ahead as far as you can get and score. If they keep taking it up the middle and you have good attack stats with your midfielder and at least 1 forward you can just keep the ball on offense for most of the game.

By the way, does anybody pay attention to the stats when placing your characters. I went around drafting and spent a good amount of time making sure by defense had good attack and block stats, and a reasonable passing stat, and then visa versa for my forwards. And it's really good to have a guy at mid-field who's solid all around. I used Blappa. He's pretty good. Gave me a good scoring option from Mid-Field.

Nah, I keep the original team, I couldn't give a monkies about the stats. My aim with Blitzball is to get it over and done with as quickly and painlessly as possible. I did however sign Rin when I accidentally let Botta go instead of renewing his contract... I just went and pressed square at the nearest available person....which thinking about it, would have been Wakka. Eh well

I played tons of Blitzball, I think at least 250+ games. I think my highest was actually 12 or 13. It was rediculous I think it was only because almost all of my players could shoot from basically, anywhere in the Sphere pool an score...But I think I used Tidus for this game because his highest shot was 99 and I tested his shot from the complete opposite end of the pool, by my goal and still scored. Of course with Golden Arm equipped.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 09-05-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

@ Lily - yeah I didn't spend much time with it either the first playthough. On my second playthough I spent a little more time drafting as I like getting more into the side quests the second time around. You can really tweak your team, make sure you have strong shooters up front and strong attackers on D and make your team so you can pop in 10 a game. It's kind of fun.

I really hate it, I think I managed to get away with playing less games this file around, I think I finished at around 40 or so games. I'd happily just score once or twice per match just so long as I won. I sat and played it for over 12 hours the other day, it was like mental torture, I was on a mission to get the sigil for Wakka. I gave up at 2am, and saved with 4 matches to go, I just couldn't face any more xD

DAYUM I LEAVE FOR 3 YEARS AND THIS PLACE DIES How Many Points did you score in Blitzball? Ethan Blitzball King's Avatar

Re: How Many Points did you score in Blitzball?

im the king of blitzball noone has a chance at the title hahahhahahahahahah

Death Before Dishonor How Many Points did you score in Blitzball? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Most I ever scored was seven. Normally I just f*cked around during the matches. I would throw the ball to all my team to get them experiance.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

I never played Blitzball again after the tournament.

Paradigm Shift How Many Points did you score in Blitzball? FFTheBest's Avatar

Meh, 8 points.
    "Humans are tools, I'm not gonna die for one of them..." - Lightning - FFXIII

SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP! How Many Points did you score in Blitzball? ~FANTASY-ENDER~'s Avatar
    Currently enjoying life after a long deployment

Points I scored in blitzball was a sad score of 1-10 and after that I never played again.
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/U][/B]
    I FINALLY DEFEATED TERRA IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX+
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    RPGs THAT I'VE BEATEN.....
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

MY ANIMES THAT I OWN.....
    KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

Let darkness overshadow the light.. How Many Points did you score in Blitzball? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Exactely 14. My stats were maxed I believed and I was facing level 1-2 characers haha

Controlling With Fear How Many Points did you score in Blitzball? Unlucky Rufus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ~FANTASY-ENDER~ View Post
    Points I scored in blitzball was a sad score of 1-10 and after that I never played again.
    lmao....same here

The Lone Dagger How Many Points did you score in Blitzball? Xithor's Avatar

I was able to get 11 goals in one game.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Controlling With Fear How Many Points did you score in Blitzball? Unlucky Rufus's Avatar

I can see that 4 people got 14 or more, thats hard for me to believe. But then again i never got into blitzball that much in ffx.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. How Many Points did you score in Blitzball? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Oh, I couldn't beat Dark magus sisters so i just played blitzball over and over again, though at that point I only got 11

Then I couldn't beat Penance, so i played again and I got 14, actually, that was the last game i played ever.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

The Mad God How Many Points did you score in Blitzball? Heartless Angel's Avatar

99 XD. Gameshark cheats ftw. Now for the seriousness.

12 was my best, Keepa at level 99 has 99 base shooting, against a team with a non divine goalie, get the ball to Keepa, shoot ASAP. Win.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Dan the man How Many Points did you score in Blitzball?
    I am originally from Iowa but i have travelled all over the world and currently am teaching english in beijing china for a couple years.

3....I won the tournament and never looked back..but I will state that im playing the game a third time around and im going to grind down and decide to play it because i want wakkas overdrive mastered..So i think i need too...correct me if im wrong.

Registered User How Many Points did you score in Blitzball? randy666's Avatar

i got 13 and it was against the kilika beasts (who else) i think it is easier on the easier levels since then you completely dominate some teams on stats
    this is it the final boss now there is no turning back....

It;s been a long time but I'm almost sure i have gotten 16-0 in a match or two. Once I got in the swing of blitzball it became SUPER easy.

Against the Ronsos are probably the easiest to score against, that with a mix of sleep shot and datto's (i think its him or botta) high speed or tidus' monster shoot stat make it super easy.

Easy stratagy when playing ronsos. If you get the ball pass to Datto, swim around quickly away from blocking ronsos, move right into the gaol and use sleep shot. If the ball goes in score if not goalie goes to sleep. Repeat until goalie goes to sleep. then just keep shooting in as fast as you can on any next play from far when goalie is asleep or close when not. If the other team starts with the ball it's not much different just some time is lost to get it back, have strong defence men (i had Kyou and Jassu) sleep anything is always a big help.

Alternitively just keep passing to tidus and Jecht shot it in if you have people blocking you or sphere shot if the goalie has really high catch. Always shoot close to the goal if Tidus isn't a cannon shot yet.

Seriously after awhile my normal score was around 10-0 and could get way higher depending on the opposing team and luck of catching the toss off

Edit: after thinking about it, it may have not been 16-0 but I have most definitely gotten a 14-0 game before.
    Last edited by Dan558; 11-06-2010 at 12:05 PM.
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

My best was 15, couple days ago actually. From the start I just used Tidus ever game, averaging about 8-0 (lower in the beginning) then had a game against the Guado's right after they signed a new keeper. Tidus had enough AT to steal from their MF and enough shoot to just pot from where he tackled the MF and scored 15/16 attempts (8 shots per half, 1 got blocked)

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy How Many Points did you score in Blitzball? Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

It's been a while since I played, but I think it should have been at least 7 against the Luca Goers. Get easier to pwn them when you keep playing and playing.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Blitzball without doubt is the best mini-game in final fantasy history ever!!! As long as you have Tidus on your team and he has the Jecht shot you should not have much of a problem winning after a few (no more than 10) games. The team you start with can easily begin to win with ease if you olay frequently enough. However towards the end of the game it can become tedious when you need to play quite a few games to get the Jupiter Sigil for example but it is still a cool game. I keep a save just in case I feel like having a few games!!!

Soup Kitchen Jerk. How Many Points did you score in Blitzball? Polk's Avatar

So I'm 99% sure I'm coming in just under the two month necroposting rule here, but if I'm not, I'm sorry, and if there's a warning coming, I'll take it.

But anyways.

I'm replaying Final Fantasy X, and playing a bunch of blitzball to get Wakka's sigil. I was playing the Kilika Beasts, and was running up the score. I remembered this thread, and figured, what the hell, let's see how many I can score on them. I took some pictures for my own horrible, nerdy posterity.

14-0. Just after it happened.
    Another, mildly better picture.
    The results screen, just for good measure.

That Wedge guy is pretty good. And I apologize for the picture quality, I'm using my Droid.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み How Many Points did you score in Blitzball? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I got 12 once. Even though none of my players were maxed at all. I had Lakkam from the Al Bhed, who was an absolute passing and tackling beast, and Argai Ronso, whose Shot was awesome and had ridiculous Endurance, so I just had Lakkam tackle, pass to Argai and shoot. I got 6 each half.

Consistently Average How Many Points did you score in Blitzball? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

6 or 7 is usually my limit, although i usually score these within the first few minutes (combination of Tidus, Wakka and Brother). Once i knew i was going to win the match i'd just focus on leveling up or learning abilites.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Boxer of the Galaxy How Many Points did you score in Blitzball? Rowan's Avatar

---
    Last edited by Rowan; 03-10-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Ive gotten 10 before because this game is easy