Thread: Great SP grind spot FFX

Dynast-King Great SP grind spot FFX Lockduck's Avatar

Great SP grind spot FFX

I'm sure many others do this same thing, but I thought I would share in case some didn't

At the end of Via Purifico, right before you fight Seymour, the long hall is a great farming spot if you want to powerlevel your characters. The fights yield 6-8k SP and all enemies are susceptible to slowga. There is a save sphere to recharge after every fight, and O'aka is there so you can unload loot. Most battles yield Hi Potions, Phoenix Downs, and even Mega Phoenix Downs.

Last but not least, the music is really cool and does not break when you enter battle so it caters to long grinding sessions. I know others like to listen to their iPods or whatnot, but I prefer the in game music.

So there you have it, if you are playing a new game and have not reached this point yet, give it a go!

Anyone else have any great grind/farm spots in this truly epic game?
    Last edited by Lockduck; 03-26-2014 at 07:31 AM. Reason: grammar

I never had to grind in the game, I've just made sure I go to every Chest or Item on the ground and do every random battle (except Ochus right after Djose) and ensure everyone in my party at least Defends to get AP.

I do remember that spot my first playthrough though.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    I never had to grind in the game, I've just made sure I go to every Chest or Item on the ground and do every random battle (except Ochus right after Djose) and ensure everyone in my party at least Defends to get AP.

I do remember that spot my first playthrough though.
    Yea, grinding certainly isnt necessary, but it sure helps with the Monster Arena later on. Plus, that music!

Boxer of the Galaxy Great SP grind spot FFX Rowan's Avatar
    That spot is an excellent place to grind, as you wont find any other place worth grinding in the game until you hit the Omega Ruins (by which time super tonberry farming is also available). I grinded there until Lulu had her third tier magic spells.

Consistently Average Great SP grind spot FFX Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The first area inside Sin was always a good place to level up near the end of the game. I think the exp cap is something like 24,000 and if you manage to get an Overkill on some of the harder monsters you can et anywhere between 18,000 and 24,000 exp each battle. Combine that with Double or Triple AP and you can level up fairly easily with little risk of getting KO'd.

I don't think i've ever powerleveled during the main story. Actually that's not entirley true, I level up around the Kilika Woods until Wakka has Distil Ability. That way I don't run out of Ability Spheres when everyone starts needing them the most. I usually just train up until the monsters in the area i'm in stop giving out decent exp for the most part though.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

#LOCKE4GOD Great SP grind spot FFX Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does AP divide? Like, if three people finish the battle, do they as individuals get more AP than if I bring in a fourth person? I'm trying to work it out, but there's barely any delay in the post-battle screen for my eyes to focus on the number. (I'm not wearing my glasses when I play... I probably should be.)

Registered User Great SP grind spot FFX White Mage's Avatar
    Grinding is great fun, but only when you don't NEED to do it. If you need to do it then it's a chore, if you don't then it's a hobby.

There needs to be more "Peninsula of Power" type areas in games, but areas like the OP mentioned are just as good. I'll have to remember it when I get to that part of FFX.

(I love grinding in the Creature Creator's battle simulator in FFX-2 for the same reason.)

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Great SP grind spot FFX Polk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Does AP divide? Like, if three people finish the battle, do they as individuals get more AP than if I bring in a fourth person? I'm trying to work it out, but there's barely any delay in the post-battle screen for my eyes to focus on the number. (I'm not wearing my glasses when I play... I probably should be.)
    No. AP isn't shared.

As far as AP grinding goes: High Bridge, Omega Ruins, Cactuar Village within the World of Spira. Once you get super high leveled, you can use Monster Arena exploits like Cactuar King and Don Tonberry (which Rowan made a thread about.)
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Registered User Great SP grind spot FFX Sheechiibii's Avatar
    I usually grind there till most of my characters have finished the grids their on (like I did this time). I love that grinding spot.

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.
    But now...When I look back... The people who should be here aren't.
    The ones who should be smiling with me aren't here."

Quote Originally Posted by Sheechiibii View Post
    I usually grind there till most of my characters have finished the grids their on (like I did this time). I love that grinding spot.
    I like to grind there until Luli learns the -ga spells and Tidus learns Hastega. But, depending on my mood, I may just keep going since I like the place so much. If only Maechen were there to tell a story in his soothing voice, it would be perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Lockduck View Post
    I like to grind there until Luli learns the -ga spells and Tidus learns Hastega. But, depending on my mood, I may just keep going since I like the place so much. If only Maechen were there to tell a story in his soothing voice, it would be perfect
    I guess it depends how far the characters are from the end of their grids. All mine were pretty far on except Kimahri (he's my white mage) so I just kept going until I stopped getting levels quick enough.

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.

Boxer of the Galaxy Great SP grind spot FFX Rowan's Avatar
    I love grinding Lulu.

"Tiger Hair" Great SP grind spot FFX HeroZero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    I love grinding Lulu.
    That's dirrrrty. I have some Ideas to do terrible things to Lulu

Such as send her through Auron and Tidus' paths and make her a bruiser FEAR MY STUFFED ANIMAL OF DOOM!
    "Evil spelled backwards is Live, and we all want to do that now don't we?"

Edit for being wrong.
    Last edited by loaf; 03-27-2014 at 05:43 PM.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    Putting Yuna through Tidus or Auron's Sphere Grid can be quite funny. Seeing her run up and bonk an Adamantoise over the head with her battle cry ("eh!") for 99999 damage is worth the time you put in getting her attack that high.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I always have Yuna on Auron's grid. Every single time. I did it once for a laugh (I put everyone on their opposite grid) but she's amazing as a summoner if she goes down Auron's path. Her Aeons do so much more damage and hit 9999 a lot earlier than they ever would if she was on her own grid.

Blog Entries
    It's surprising how much stronger they get even with a single strength +4 or a Hp +300 node. Yuna ends up being one of the strongest party members overall, simply from giving her any extra attribute spheres which then go on to power up her aeons.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)