Thread: Is this game considered "easy"?

is not a douche Is this game considered "easy"? Bubble Boy's Avatar

Is this game considered "easy"?

FFX? Because I still haven't beaten it yet. i'm stuck at the final battle with the big whale and no matter what I do I get pulverized. Other ffs like viii, vii I'd consider "easy" but am I the only one who thought this one was particularly annoying and tough? XII too. Because I am still stuck at the same dungeon on that game too believe it or not. I got bored so quickly I just put it down and never picked it up again.

The Quiet One Is this game considered "easy"? Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    FFX is probably one of the more difficult ones due to some of the bosses and if you're not prepared for them they can very easily wipe a party. I'm guess you're talking about Sin. It's been a long time since I've played it, but if you use your summons as shields to take hits that will help you survive longer, as if they get killed nothing bad happens to the party. You still have to deal with it being out until you get back to healing it, but it is a small price for keeping the party alive against total party wipe attacks and such.

Usually going into bosses I would max out my overdrive and go in the fights with those off the bat. Making use of Tidus' quick hit will help you get a lot of hits in before it is the enemy's turn. But Yuna's overdrive with Summoning Bahamut will generally give you a good head start, since you'll be able to do a megaflare at the start and then if Bahamut survive long enough he probably can do a second before killed. Or you can just release him after doing the Megaflare and return to a normal party.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Is this game considered "easy"? Xanatos's Avatar
    As with every other Final Fantasy out there, save for VIII, there's no such thing little bit of grinding can't fix. X doesn't really have much depth when it comes to battles, or so I feel, most bosses don't even require special strategy to beat, grind a little bit and stick to what Andromeda said and you'll do fine. You could also try to obtain some of the Celestial weapons, those would reduce difficulty quite a bit, though be warned, you need a lot of patience and nerves to obtain most of them.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Everyone needs a savior Is this game considered "easy"? the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Also depending on how long you have been playing and how much money you have you can almost create "celestial copies" that is weapons with similar abilities to the celestial weapons triple overdrive and break damage limit are essential in the final battles. Not triple overdrive as much as BDL but they are very helpful. Although creating your own perfect weapon with Probably BDL, Triple Overdrive, and then 2 extra abilities depending on the character (i.e. one mp cost for lulu and yuna etc.) this can be a very long and drawn out process.

As Xanatos stated you can always just grind and take an extra path or two on the sphere grid or get the celestial weapons, or make your own awesome weapons.
    But this is very time consuming and in the end when you fight sin and braska's final aeon its very boring considering a summons overdrive when you have activated the celestial weapons can BDL and depending on how hard you grind almost always will anima, bahamut and shiva do 99,999. IMO that makes it kinda boring.
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior

Consistently Average Is this game considered "easy"? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah just grind a bit and you shouldn't have much trouble. Pick a spot on each character's Sphere Grid and battle until they've reached it and they should have grown a bit stronger. It's been a while but I'm pretty sure the battle with Sin is on a timer until it's Overdrive is powered up so Aeon's Overdrives would be very useful. Try getting Yuna's up too and then you can Fire off two of Bahamut's Mega Flares in a row. He comes with Break Damage Limit so it should do a ton of damage.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Blog Entries
    It has some difficulty spikes but the game isn't too hard even at the boss battles. If youre really utilizing the sphere grid you can beat it with almost no extra grind time. If youre just like me and just want to whack the bosses to death, you may have to do a little grinding along the way but it's a pretty pleasant game with one of the better soundtracks, so it's not even a hassle.

Just gotta enjoy the gaymes mang
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Is this game considered &quot;easy&quot;? noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm actually stuck on Sin Overdrive myself - I've got all the celestial weapons, aeons, and I'm maxed out on the sphere grid minus the Lvl 4 abilities and going over to friends' sphere grids..

I know you can farm Lvl 3 & 4 spheres in the Omega Ruins, but.. I don't wanna! lol...

XII is easy. Grind out on the levelling.. I actually equipped the um.. Golden Amulets to double the LPs earned and then when I got enough to fill up all of the stats/abilities and most of the weapons, I switched to the Embroidered Tippets just before the Pharos.

I beat the game with my main team at level 55/56 (my back ups were only at 37, but I never had to use them - even for Quickenings). Sorry. That was off-topic.

Consistently Average Is this game considered &quot;easy&quot;? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is that the one where Sin's Overdrive gauge goes up and you lose if it's maxed out? I just remember spamming Mega Flare with Bahamut, dealing around 25,000 each time. It's pretty much the same story with every Boss once you've powered him up enough. Anima's Overdrive would be better seeing as you have her too.

EDIT: Derp, Overdrive is in his name.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Is this game considered &quot;easy&quot;? noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah..

I guess I need to grind out getting "stuff" to level up my Aeons. I really haven't done a ton to be honest. Would that help with how much damage their Overdrives do? Increasing their Strength/Magic Power?

Just gotta get X outta the way, I'm working on getting 100% in X-2, but I'm stuck on the Gunner's Gauntlet on Besaid Island (HTH do you beat his record? I've gotten up to 250, but by then I'm down to like 5HP & 1:30 left on the clock).

Consistently Average Is this game considered &quot;easy&quot;? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    All you really need to do is level up Yuna becuase then as her stats go up, so do her Aeons. Eg unlocking a HP node also increases your Aeons HP as well as their strength and defense (maybe). If you were to put her on Auron's Sphere Gird your Aeons attack and Hp would shoot up in no time at all. I'm not saure what stat thier overdrives are based of though.

Getting Curaga, Protect, Shell and Osmose for your big guns (like Bahamut) also makes them much more verstile and can fire off multiple Overdrives in a single battle.

Hope this helps
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

Blog Entries
    It's been awhile since I've even turned it on. Pretty sure I have those. I could be wrong though. >.<;; Will have to check and get back to you on that.

Blog Entries
    No problem

You can always create a new thread if you think you would like more help, I'd be happy to take the conversation there.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

Blog Entries
    Haha thanks!

Yeah, I've got Yuna over on Kimahri's grid now and I somehow maneuvered Auron into Wakka's.. Can't seem to move anyone else..

Aside from leveling up on the Sphere Grid, I just need to farm a bunch of Power/Magic Spheres to up Anima & Bahamut's Magic/Strength stats. Re-figgered that out. ^_^;;

Thanks though!