Thread: Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster Releasing on PS4

The Quiet One Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster Releasing on PS4 Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster Releasing on PS4

Previously a rumor seen by an accidental listing on Square Enix's store, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster has been confirmed by Square Enix to indeed be coming out for the PS4. They were able to confirm that it will see a worldwide release with a Japanese release in May and a Western release in the Spring. The game is listed as being $49.99 in the US, $10 more expensive than the PS3 release.

Source: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster For PS4 Coming Westward This Spring - Siliconera ; Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Announced For PlayStation 4 - Siliconera
    Attached Images Attached Images Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster Releasing on PS4-ffxhdlogo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Boxer of the Galaxy Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster Releasing on PS4 Rowan's Avatar
    getting tireddd of this. Arn't you, andro? the constant remakes, the constant cash grab for old games. its sickening.

Blog Entries
    Well this is just a port, and we've always known Square to be port crazy. My guess this is for the people that did not own PS3, but own PS4, which is actually a decent number of people. I know people that would like to play the Kingdom Hearts Remix games, but can't because they're only on the PS3, but do have PS4s.

So yeah, I don't plan on rebuying the game and I think the high volume of ports a little crazy, I do think it can still reach people that previously did not have access to the game. The upside is the resources for something like this is pretty small. So it's not really impacting development on games I actually want like Final Fantasy XV or Kingdom Hearts III. So I can't fault them much from wanting more money.

#LOCKE4GOD Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster Releasing on PS4 Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They don't make you buy it. The more formats the better, as it enables us to own fewer consoles and still get the games we want.

Only thing annoying is that there's no cross buy. I wish I could just shove my PS2 disc in and get a free download.

I want to play a game. Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster Releasing on PS4 Zargabaath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    They don't make you buy it. The more formats the better, as it enables us to own fewer consoles and still get the games we want.

Only thing annoying is that there's no cross buy. I wish I could just shove my PS2 disc in and get a free download.
    Only problem is companies are afraid that people will lend their games out to friends who don't have say FF X and get a free download as well. I would love to put my PS1 & PS2 library on a PS4, however they won't probably do the free download and consoles are no longer backwards compatible. Though, it is not like SE is making money on the PS2 version of FFX, so lending games to friends would not really be hurting the companies; it turns into a matter of principle at that point.

For re-releasing the FFX/X-2 port & FFVII on PS4, the PS4 is compatible with older gens at all, even on PSN, so SE is releasing the games for that platform so everyone who haven't bought the games that want to get them, (like 10 people) can. I prefer they focus on the future, new games, new IPs, rather than releasing old stuff.

On that note though: SE, where dat PS4 FFXII HD release at?

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Blog Entries
    Would be cool if it worked that way, but admittedly they are technically different games, since it is the International release versions, which were never seen outside of Japan, other than the PAL version of FFX. But they should do cross buy if you own the PS3 version and want to upgrade to the PS4.

Certified tech, come at me! Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster Releasing on PS4 SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm kinda surprised this is going to PS4, but then again, it's so newer console owners can play the game on a PS4. Do you think they'll upscale the graphics for the PS4 version? or will it look the same as it does on PS3/Vita?
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries
    Probably the only change we might see is 1080p at 60 fps. I don't really know if there will be much more than that, it's a more powerful system so it should run better unless they do any other upgrades to it.

Mystyrion Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster Releasing on PS4 C:/Dille.Run's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Probably the only change we might see is 1080p at 60 fps. I don't really know if there will be much more than that, it's a more powerful system so it should run better unless they do any other upgrades to it.
    Isn't it already native 1080p? I have no idea what the framerate is.

I invented Go-Gurt. Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster Releasing on PS4 Clint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    getting tireddd of this. Arn't you, andro? the constant remakes, the constant cash grab for old games. its sickening.
    It's a cash grab, yes, but it's a smart move to re-release older successful games, especially when all your new games suck ****.

I'm actually hoping they redo the first ten Final Fantasy games for next generation consoles. Or at least 4 through 10.

Given the release date, seems pretty obvious this'll be a port of the PS3 version.
    Shame, a full remake in FF15 quality would've been brilliant.