Thread: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster PS4 Coming May 12th

The Quiet One Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster PS4 Coming May 12th Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster PS4 Coming May 12th

Square Enix has just announced that port of the PS3 HD Remaster of Final Fantasy X and X-2 will be coming out May 12th for the PS4 in North America, Europe and Australia are still unknown dates. The Remaster version contains the original content of X and X-2 in addition to the International content added after the release of the games in North America. It also comes with a 30 minute audio drama that takes places a year after the events of X-2.

There is a new pre-order bonus as well for the PS4 version that if you buy from the Square Enix store you can get a calender featuring Yoshitaka Amano's artwork.

Source: Kotaku ; Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster on PS4 Arriving May - IGN
    Attached Images Attached Images Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster PS4 Coming May 12th-ffxhdlogo-jpg 
    Last edited by Andromeda; 03-02-2015 at 09:58 PM.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

I invented Go-Gurt. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster PS4 Coming May 12th Clint's Avatar
    It seems a little redundant to re-release everything multiple times. This was released not too long ago for the PS3. Sure, they have a little bit of extra content, but even that's redundant, because it isn't playable. It's stuff that you'll be able to find on Youtube. It's not like the game is going to look any better or sound any better. The HD version on PS3 looks and sounds as good as it will ever be.

I guess the calender is pretty cool, but it's definitely not worth $50.

The Quiet One Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster PS4 Coming May 12th Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I doubt they're doing it to get the same people to buy the game multiple times. There are a lot of people that own a PS4 that never owned a PS3. So this is something that works out for them. Square does like making their games as widely available as possible.

I invented Go-Gurt. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster PS4 Coming May 12th Clint's Avatar
    If they want their games to be widely available as possible, it would make more sense to simply make them all available for purchase and download on the Playstation Store. They're not doing this for it to be available. They're doing it for people to shell out the $60 price for a little bit of nostalgia. All square does is re-release things, and then slaps it with the price of a brand new video game, whereas it's actually a game that was released over a decade ago. The only reason they box it and release hard copies is because he digital downloads would be priced at around $20, so they'd be losing $40 per sale.

They're becoming another dishonest corporation, because they know that nobody will buy any of their new games, because they all suck.

Blog Entries
    The original HD Remastered version only released for $40 and had two games and new content. I expect since nothing is changing, that it'll be $40 on PS4 as well. So it is actually $20 per game like you were saying.

Releasing things on PSN requires submissions and testing. There are compatibility things that must be tested. However, most if not all FF games from the PSone era released in the West are available for digital download on the PSN. So that actually is a thing as well.

So right now, Square is actually doing exactly as you're suggesting they do.

Games being released on PS4 is for people who didn't own a PS3. It's literally that, 100% of people I know excited about releases on PS4 did not own a PS3. I didn't own a PS3 and if I get a PS4 I'd buy this again, I have it on PS3.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Any HD remaster is a cash grab. I have no problem with Square digging things up from their archives if they sell it at a reasonable price. $45 for games that were made over a decade ago is ridiculous, and is insulting to the consumer.