Thread: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Confirmed for Winter Release Everywhere

The Quiet One Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Confirmed for Winter Release Everywhere Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Confirmed for Winter Release Everywhere

During the TGS event, Square Enix announced that they will be releasing Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster for Japan and North America in the winter. The date previous had only being 2013 and the closer to the end of the year it had been wondered if it would make it.

They also released a new trailer during TGS showing more of the game's FMVs in HD as well as the game running.

Source: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Has A New Trailer At TGS [Update] - Siliconera ; Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Coming To North America "This Winter" - Siliconera
    Attached Images Attached Images Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Confirmed for Winter Release Everywhere-ffxhdlogo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Registered User Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Confirmed for Winter Release Everywhere
    So basically 2014....

The Quiet One Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Confirmed for Winter Release Everywhere Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not necessarily, December is Winter. Besides it'd make more sense to release it then rather than later into 2014. Since it would be directly competing with Lightning Returns and it's unlikely that they'll want that to happen.

Boxer of the Galaxy Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Confirmed for Winter Release Everywhere Rowan's Avatar
    I have been eagerly awaiting this release for the longest time. Square have a bad habit of annoucing games far too early into their development. Either that, or they take on too many projects and cannot release their titles as fast as they used too.

"Tiger Hair" Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Confirmed for Winter Release Everywhere HeroZero's Avatar
    I think the upscaling was taking more time to get to work properly so that delayed it somewhat, then they added X-2 because they already had to make the upscaling programming so why not get more from it. This also probably also pushed it back. At least I still see the vita symbol at the end of the video so hopefully it will still make it to the handheld (and hoipefully at the same time).
    "Evil spelled backwards is Live, and we all want to do that now don't we?"

Blog Entries
    I don't see why it won't hit Vita the same time as the PS3. There can't be too much of a difference with what they are doing between them. Besides it is good practice if they plan to release anything more on the Vita.

Registered User Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Confirmed for Winter Release Everywhere Cyric's Avatar
    If it does get ported to the Vita I'm going to buy it. I love being able to play the old Final Fantasy titles on the go. It's one of my favorite thing about portables. I use to be a console gamer, but thanks to some of these portable rereleases I'm now a hand held gamer. xD

Boxer of the Galaxy Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Confirmed for Winter Release Everywhere Rowan's Avatar
    Wait, what? Its not coming to vita? Or its getting delayed?

#LOCKE4GOD Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Confirmed for Winter Release Everywhere Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And for "Europe"?

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Confirmed for Winter Release Everywhere Polk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    And for "Europe"?
    Square Enix doesn't recognize Europe as an actual continent, so it won't be coming out there.

"It would be like releasing a game in Oz, or on Tatooine," said a PR person for SE, probably.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

"Tiger Hair" Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Confirmed for Winter Release Everywhere HeroZero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Wait, what? Its not coming to vita? Or its getting delayed?
    The only reason I mentioned anything about the Vita version is because most of the sites took down the pre-orders for the Vita version (which had me spooked somewhat) around the same time the whole thing got delayed from march this year. I was just glad to see the vita icon on the end message for the trailer so at least it will still come out for it, but the lack of pre-order-ability (when you CAN pre-order PS3 versions) makes me wonder if it is just an oversight or what. Perhaps they don't have pre-orders for the Vita version because you won't get any cool things WITH it like the PS3 getting the art book and stuff.
    "Evil spelled backwards is Live, and we all want to do that now don't we?"

Registered User Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Confirmed for Winter Release Everywhere Cyric's Avatar
    You definitely had me scared for a bit.

Jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Polk View Post
    "It would be like releasing a game in Oz, or on Tatooine," said a PR person for SE, probably.
    i lol'd

About to say, I'm pretty sure they are releasing it for VITA as well. The PS VITA is basically a tiny PS3.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games