Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X Help Thread (Spoilers possible)

Aww yeah! Final Fantasy X Help Thread (Spoilers possible) Wolf's Avatar
    A small town on the outskirts of Madtown, WI
    I don't believe there is a glitch. When you beat the chocobo guy at racing, you must get a perfect time of 0:0 when racing in order for the guy to move to get the item for Tidus' weapon. My guess is that you beat him but you didn't get a time of 0:0.

A special shout out to my amazing TFF Family:
    Little Moogle, Darkwolf, kung fu kitty, Shadowknight241, Anachronism, Fishie,
    H.U.N.K., lazyboy708, guado_gal Dark One, Martin, TheHasteChocobo

Dutchmilky
    Ah ok thank you, I must have been given wrong info previously. This is gonna be a challenge...

I had loads of problems with getting 0.0.0, it took me hours, because it's so hard to control the Chocobo, at least it was for me, but the reward is worth it.

I think I'm beginning to understand. An answer from the Planet, the Promised Land...I think I can meet her...there.

Ok, I have a question.

Besides the Jumbo Flan, is their anywhere else I can get Magic Spheres? Killing that thing is a pain in the butt.

I think I'm beginning to understand. An answer from the Planet, the Promised Land...I think I can meet her...there.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Final Fantasy X Help Thread (Spoilers possible) Polk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie
    Yea I am playing the game again,and I was just wondering,does Lulu have like a special weapon or something?And if so,how do u get it?
    Every character in the game has an ultimate, or Celestial weapon. What Freya gave you was information on how to get one of the items to power it up. You obtain the weapon by going to the Baaj Temple (where you obtain Anima, coordinates (11~16, 57~63) on your airship), and going into the water. You'll most likely have to fight Geosgeano before getting to it, but Geosgeano's easy so long as you have Stoneproof armor, use elemental attacks (he has an inherent weakness to all elements), and throw a poison fang or two to poison him. The weapon will be in the southern part of the pool. Use your celestial mirror to unlock it. Oh, and to finish powering it up, the Venus Crest is in the Farplane when you can go back after beating Yunalesca.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I don't believe there is a glitch. When you beat the chocobo guy at racing, you must get a perfect time of 0:0 when racing in order for the guy to move to get the item for Tidus' weapon. My guess is that you beat him but you didn't get a time of 0:0.
    Not exactly. He moves when you BEAT the chocobo trainer for the first time. You don't have to hit 0:0.0. The only thing that getting better than 0:0.0 effects is actually giving you the Sun Crest. After the race, he will come to congratulate you. I believe that if you leave the Calm Lands (like, say you don't have the celestial mirror in your inventory and you go to get it), even going to the entrance to the Macalania Woods, he resets back to his previous location, and all you have to do is beat the race again.

My guess, Dutchmilky, is that you left the Calm Lands before obtaining the Caladbolg. Just beat the chocobo trainer again, maybe getting a new best time. The guard should move, so you can just ride the chocobo to the weapon's location.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyranSolo
    Ok, I have a question.

Besides the Jumbo Flan, is their anywhere else I can get Magic Spheres? Killing that thing is a pain in the butt.
    I don't think so. The only place I can think of off the top of my head would be that it could be a blitzball prize, but I can't remember ever seeing it.

I'm not sure how you normally take care of the Jumbo Flan, but here are a couple of really good strategies from a guide that saved my ass my first time going through the monster arena.

Strategy: Jumbo Flan is HARD... well technically he's jellylike, and probably soft and squishy to the touch, but he's hard to defeat. Would you want to touch him, anyway? I wouldn't. Jumbo Flan absorbs all kinds of elemental spells, and has high Magic Defense to boot, so non-elemental spells don't do much damage. Don't even think about using physical attacks - no matter how high your strength is, all weapon-based techniques do 0 damage. Jae kindly informed me via email to try to use Ultima in conjunction with Doublecast and Copycat, and having road tested this, can confirm he's correct. To make this battle even easier, Slow Jumbo Flan by casting Reflect on one of your party members, then Slow on that same member. (Jumbo Flan is constantly in Reflect status, and casting slow on him directly will bounce it back to you- that's why you want to Reflect your Slow spell off a party member.) Besides Slow, Jumbo Flan is also vulnerable to Blind and Doom (count: 200), although seeing as he never uses a physical attack, and magic circumvents Blind status, I don't know why you'd want to use the former on him.

Alternately, make sure Anima knows Haste, Ultima, Lancet, and _maybe_ Shell and Dispel. Summon her, Haste and Shell her, and have her use "Pain" repeatedly, which is not weapon-based and will therefore do 99,999 damage if Yuna is moderately built up. If Jumbo Flan whittles Anima's HP down, use Lancet to heal her. When Jumbo Flan is close to dying, he'll cast Regen on himself, which you can Dispel if you like, or keep Paining him, and he'll probably die in two rounds at most. This is the fastest way to defeat Jumbo Flan, period.
    And here's a link to CB!'s fantastic Monster Arena Guide that I just quoted from.

As always, good luck, to all ya'll.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Is Penance in the US Version? ( cover with Just Tidus ) ??? and If so how do I fight/find Him?
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 09-05-2009 at 10:45 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Final Fantasy X Help Thread (Spoilers possible) Polk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TenseikenSlash View Post
    Is Penance in the US Version? ( cover with Just Tidus ) ??? and If so how do I fight/find Him?
    No. None of the Dark aeons appear in the US version.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

a daydreamer Final Fantasy X Help Thread (Spoilers possible) aerospark08's Avatar
    help me fought jecht in sin :'(

Quote Originally Posted by aerospark08 View Post
    help me fought jecht in sin :'(
    Are you kidding me? Here's a short boss strategy that I posted in here. It's on this page. Like, 14 posts above this one. No, seriously. Just look up.

Next time you have a question, make sure that it hasn't already been answered.

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

a daydreamer Final Fantasy X Help Thread (Spoilers possible) aerospark08's Avatar
    wah, i'm sorry for it..
    i'm not read it before..
    i'm really sorry ^^a
    thx for the suggestion

mikmak9

Help Required Urgent

Hey i am ne to this forum don't know if this question is appropriate for this thread but here goes. Does any1 know how to use Gameshark V4 game saves of FFX? Do i need any specific tool? I had copied the save file from dvd to my mem card but it doesn't appear at load screen. Kindly help me out.

Pedobear approves Final Fantasy X Help Thread (Spoilers possible) Shadow Of Darkness's Avatar
    I also have a gameshark cd but all I have to do is pick the save data and start the game, but my gameshark is quite old so its maybe different from urs
    FINAL FANTASY RULES!!!

A PROUD MEMBER OF THE STUUUUPIDEST CLUB...EVER! STONER BROTHERS UNITE !

SoD: What should I give to my girlfriend for Valentines Day?
    Pete: My suggestion is two presents. Get her something of meaning to the both of you, and a dildo. If she doesn't like the first gift, she can go **** herself.

My Family:
    My awesome sister which I love very much <3--Vampiric.Delirium
    My lazy, random, super-duper, twice-removed cousin-- Ralz
    My forever intoxicated vigilante brother--Celtic_Silver
    My Godsmack Addicted Brother--Omega Weapon
    My dark wolf obsessed somebody--Darkwolf
    My Bahamut loving sister--Bahamut1990
    My forever banned cousin--Dark_Angel2
    My sweet vanilla cousin--OceanEyes28
    My wacky evil loving sister--Annikit

mikmak9
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Of Darkness View Post
    I also have a gameshark cd but all I have to do is pick the save data and start the game, but my gameshark is quite old so its maybe different from urs
    Thanks SOD. What version do you have and does it work properly?

And plz if there is any sol. for v4 kindly do tell.

Pedobear approves Final Fantasy X Help Thread (Spoilers possible) Shadow Of Darkness's Avatar
    sorry dude, I dont have the cd anymore, I lost it a long time ago, I only used that game shark cd for hacking FFX lol after that I just missplaced it or something.

sorry that I couldent help you out
    FINAL FANTASY RULES!!!

A PROUD MEMBER OF THE STUUUUPIDEST CLUB...EVER! STONER BROTHERS UNITE !

SoD: What should I give to my girlfriend for Valentines Day?
    Pete: My suggestion is two presents. Get her something of meaning to the both of you, and a dildo. If she doesn't like the first gift, she can go **** herself.

My Family:
    My awesome sister which I love very much <3--Vampiric.Delirium
    My lazy, random, super-duper, twice-removed cousin-- Ralz
    My forever intoxicated vigilante brother--Celtic_Silver
    My Godsmack Addicted Brother--Omega Weapon
    My dark wolf obsessed somebody--Darkwolf
    My Bahamut loving sister--Bahamut1990
    My forever banned cousin--Dark_Angel2
    My sweet vanilla cousin--OceanEyes28
    My wacky evil loving sister--Annikit

kenshinl

Re: Final Fantasy X Help Thread (Spoilers possible)

I readed about the Dark Valefor glitch(the one that the game freezes before or after defeat him)
    i whant to know if theres a way to get this done...i read that if i use another version of the game(i think im using the ffx int version jap dub)to battle him (the PAL version i think) it whont freeze at his battle...i need to get past him...to get anima...and penance....plz help!
    ty in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by kenshinl View Post
    I readed about the Dark Valefor glitch(the one that the game freezes before or after defeat him)
    i whant to know if theres a way to get this done...i read that if i use another version of the game(i think im using the ffx int version jap dub)to battle him (the PAL version i think) it whont freeze at his battle...i need to get past him...to get anima...and penance....plz help!
    ty in advance...
    I spent some time looking this up tonight, and it looks like if you keep on getting the glitch, it's a problem with the disc and you'll have to get a new copy. One thing I saw suggested is to try and do the fight on another file, and if it happens there, too, you're pretty much screwed and need a new copy. It's not that big of a deal, as the game is a Greatest Hits game, and will run you no more than $20 American. It's still a hassle, though.

It's interesting, I've never actually heard of this before tonight. The game doesn't have a lot of glitches, and the glitches it does have are usually really interesting.

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

kenshinl

yeah i spent many time searching in google for it...(about 24 pages) and last night i was bored and whent to the encouter again...i paused the game for a long time right before the cracking window from DV appear....then i entered battle sucessfuly and defeated DV whit yojimbo janmato XD...then i keep pausing after the battle ended....pausing each time after the battle when the dialog "stay away from the summoner" starts...i paused for many mins...and many times...i sudden the game didnt frozened....damm i got really happy....the first try in about 200 times that i passed him...but the method i used last night was unique and desasperate...but i got it!!! If anyone have the same problem and want a detailed info about how to try to get past him PM me...

1DownShroom Final Fantasy X Help Thread (Spoilers possible) 1DownShroom's Avatar

OMFG, Seymor Redux is soooooo hard at Mt. Gagazet, how do i beat him, he is impossible!

P.S.:I'm saving up for Yojimbo.

P.S.S.:Auron is awesome.

P.S.S.S.:I like his katana.

P.S.S.S.S.:You know what would be epic, if I actually got a blowjob.

P.S.S.S.S.S.:I'm playing FFX right now.

P.S.S.S.S.S.S.:I want FFX-2 but I'm refusing 2 buy it be4 i beat this one.

P.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.:FFX is my first and only FF game.

P.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.:Y did they make a "sequal" to FF that is totally different?

P.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.:Reply soon.

P.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.r I'll get u high.

P.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.:this is my last "P.S.".

Quote Originally Posted by 1DownShroom View Post
    OMFG, Seymor Redux is soooooo hard at Mt. Gagazet, how do i beat him, he is impossible!
    Pre-battle: God down to the Cavern of the stolen fayth, fight some of the thorns down there, making sure to steal a couple of silence grenades if you don't have any already.

On the Calm lands, fight some Nebiros and steal some Poison Fangs if you don't have any already.

If you don't mind backtracking a bit, you can go catch fiends from Mt. Gagazet, the Calm Lands, Macalania woods, and the thunder plains. The main items of interest here are 60 shining gems from Macalania Woods, 99 Chocobo Wings from the Thunder Plains, and 30 Three stars you get for catching all the fiends from three seperate areas.

Having Tidus with a First Strike weapon is helpful, so you can get Rikku in right away. If you have one, make sure Tidus is in your formation at the beginning.

The Fight: Switch Tidus out immediately for Rikku. Have Rikku use a Silence Grenade on her first turn, then a poison fang on the second. The Silence grenade will help with several things, including eliminating the full-life spell from his Lance of Atrophy-Full-Life combo, his dispell spell, and later on, his damaging flare spell. The Poison fang will help dish out a little extra damage each turn. As long as you're quick about it, neither of these should wear off before the battle is over. Have Yuna cast protect on everyone as they come in, have Tidus cast haste, and if you have it, make sure to cast shell before he unleashes total annihilation, as that attack is magic based, so it'll cut the damage down to half it's normal damage. Other than that, keep hitting him with Auron's blade, any hard hitting spells Lulu has, and avoid summoning aeons unless they have their overdrives filled, as he will immediately banish them after their first turn.

Unless I'm forgetting something (this is all coming off the top of my head), you should be okay.

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

1DownShroom Final Fantasy X Help Thread (Spoilers possible) 1DownShroom's Avatar

Also I got the Cloudy Mirror and got the chest for catching all the fiends in the calm land and the mirror reacts to it! But it says it needs more power. how do I get more power?
    Some of us are poisonous, some of us are dangerous, some of us will get you high, some of us will make you DIE!

Never mind.
    Some of us are poisonous, some of us are dangerous, some of us will get you high, some of us will make you DIE!

OK so i got Yunas Awesome weapon with the celestial miror, now how do i activate its full potential. Also I foud that rock a the calm land in the north next to that guy that talks about the "Scar" and i deciphered ii and it says to walk 49 steps away from the vale ,or valley, and 7 to the righ but where at the valley do i walk away.

#LOCKE4GOD Final Fantasy X Help Thread (Spoilers possible) Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

1DownShroom, please read the rules fo the forum, and use the little button that says 'edit' rather than multi-posting. Your posts are too close together temporally to be considered bumps.

Have you got Yuna's sigil and crest? I believe the crest is located on Besaid, and the sigil is given to you by the guy at the monster arena for capturing one of every monster in Calm Lands. I think.

Then, take these items to Macalania woods. There is a sparkly path that you can unlock access to by re-uniting a family in the area. Once you have access, take the sparkly road-in-the-sky to a big shiny-rock-in-the-sky (or manybe it's a tree, or something... I never knew what that thing was), and 'talk' to it. Offer up Yuna's Nirvana, and it will put the crest on it. Talk to the rock/tree again, and it will combine it with the sigil. Voila! A powered-up Nirvana is yours.

EDIT: and those al-Behd instructions on the spikes in the Calm Lands? I think they just take you to either the little depression in the north-west where, with the Celestial Mirror, you can get Tidus's celestial weapon, the Cadablog; or it takes you to Remiem Temple in the South-East, accessible only by chocobo, where you can play a chocobo mini-game, and battle that summoner lady, eventually getting the Magus Sisters group aeon.
    Last edited by Alpha; 04-08-2010 at 07:00 PM.

Sorry, so Besaid is the place where u first meet Wakka and where in Besaid do I start looking?

Blog Entries

On the beach, in an isolated cove.

Wait, you mean that moon crest thing, LOL, I got that and I didnt know what it was or what the hell it did lol! The irony!

Wait, you mean that moon crest thing, LOL, I got that and I didnt know what it was or what the hell it did lol! The irony! But I think someone once said that there was 1 more thing to do after fusing those things together, is there?

Whoops my cpu spazzed out and made 2

y does it say i posted this at 9:30 ish when i posted it at around midnight?
    Last edited by 1DownShroom; 04-08-2010 at 09:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    and the sigil is given to you by the guy at the monster arena for capturing one of every monster in Calm Lands. I think.
    ...you need both the crest (from the chest) and the sigil.

All celestial weapons follow this pattern: find a crest; complete a challenge to get the sigil; do elements of both for the weapon.
    Last edited by Alpha; 04-08-2010 at 09:23 PM.

The sanctuary gardian is so hard! Every time I hurt him he uses regen and curaga, when i used reflect on him he used reflect on me then used curaga on me!

PS: can you still play after u beat the game (please say yes)
    Last edited by 1DownShroom; 04-09-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Final Fantasy X Help Thread (Spoilers possible) Treize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1DownShroom View Post
    The sanctuary gardian is so hard! Every time I hurt him he uses regen and curaga, when i used reflect on him he used reflect on me then used curaga on me!
    If I remember right, you can armor break him or inflict some status ailment, and he will heal that instead of casting Curaga.

It could also help if you prepare a little before hand and have some of your aeons'/characters' overdrives full when you battle him. They do pretty massive damage and can help a lot. You just fought Seymour so it could take a while, but it might be one of the easiest ways do deal some good damage.

When fighting bosses, I always use haste on the main people that I use too. It is probably the most useful status buff you have.

If you still can't win post again, and I'll try to help you with more specifics or something.

I'm surprised that your having trouble with him. I had trouble with Seymour Flux and Yunalesca, not him...

PS: can you still play after u beat the game (please say yes)
    No, once you beat the game, it's done. You could reload your last save before beating the game and do everything that you want to do like capturing monsters or whatever, so it shouldn't really matter much.
    Last edited by Treize; 04-09-2010 at 09:34 PM.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast