Thread: Final Fantasy X-2 Makes Me Question My Faith in Square-Enix

ml323

Final Fantasy X-2 Makes Me Question My Faith in Square-Enix

I write for a site called NoMoreGameBlogs.com. One of our writers recently wrote an article about Final Fantasy X-2, and her faith in Square-Enix and future Final Fantasy installments. I wanted to see what other Final Fantasy fans have to say about this. Post a comment here or on the post itself. I know I can't wait for FFXIII!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Final Fantasy X-2 Makes Me Question My Faith in Square-Enix Xanatos's Avatar
    Look, I didn't play FF X-2 but I can tell you one thing that game has received positive reception worldwide. OK, that's fine she didn't like it but how can she lose her faith in company like SquareEnix judging it only by one game. She says that FF X-2 is the biggest crap she ever played, than the millions of players who liked that game are just some ****ing morons. I would lose my faith long ago in Konami when they made PES 2008, the game sucked but I never doubted that next one will be much better, and it did.
    You simply cannot judge the company for their one mistake. SquareEnix makes great games since 1986. and it was bound that they would make a mistake sooner or later even tho I don't see FF-X2 as a mistake. She says that SquarEnix is her's childhood company and just after one game that she didn't like suddenly she loses her faith in SquareEnix, what a bullshit. She is definitely one of the biggest morons I have ever seen.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 08-06-2009 at 08:56 PM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Blog Entries
    I think that this game made by SE would most likely make me lose faith in a company more then FFX-2, but each to his own.

Personally, I don't even think FFX2 is that bad, really. It goes back to the traditional leveling system, with a new game+ mode and with a oldschool final fantasy job system as well. The gameplay is not lacking by anymeans, and sure the story may seem kinda lame being a lovestory and all but hey, wasn't that what was FF8 all about and it still sold copies, amirite?
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Registered User Final Fantasy X-2 Makes Me Question My Faith in Square-Enix Yesha's Avatar
    Yeah.. I do think FFX-2 wasn't that bad.. for me.. it did reaLLy great .. the graphics are awesome and the storyLine is pretty much interesting.. and the dress sphere made it more chaLLenging.. :-) ALso.. if it wasn't for FFX-2 untiL now, I'LL be sad that Yuna and Tidus wiLL never be together again.. but in the three endings of FFX-2 you can decide which ending you Like.. if you want them to see each other again or not.. so it's reaLLy interesting to pLay it again twice or as much to see the different endings.. right? And the songs are definiteLy good, aLso the intro is great!

And.. for me.. even if FFX-2 is bad.. I wouLdn't Lose my faith to Square Enix.. or in any other game companies.. because I wouLdn't based that to onLy one game.. you must Look aLL the games they created.. and make your decision to.. not to pLay their games ever again or not! Not to just judge onLy one game that in your opinion was very bad or you're not satisfied on the outcome of that game.. :-)
    Last edited by Yesha; 08-07-2009 at 02:38 AM.
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Became A Hero Final Fantasy X-2 Makes Me Question My Faith in Square-Enix ZantetsukenZack's Avatar
    I personally thought the story line was horrible.....in my opinion they should have kept Lenne and shuyin compleyely out!... and focused more on Tidus and Yuna. It made the storyline corny and set the story off track.I think if it focused more on Tidus and Yuna it would have sparked more intrest seeing as how that is what prople were looking for.

I also posted a thread similar to this asking if FF X-2 messed up the story and over all the responses were pretty similar to this.

Other than that screw up, the game over all was fun and the new added aspects like new yevon and youth league, which was was creative and helped add to the revolution of the previous story with the destruction of yevon.

Re: Final Fantasy X-2 Makes Me Question My Faith in Square-Enix

I haven't lost my faith in Square-Enix from that one game. Granted it was not their best FF game not by a long shot but it was not as bad to the point of being unplayable there are some good and funny things you can do in the game and the cutscenes were cool. I think losing faith in a company over one game is slightly extreme. In any case number 12 and 13 have surely redeemed the faith in them right?

Hey everyone i certently hav'ent lost my faith in square enix because they have made so many final fantasy games.And so far like 7, 8, 9, x, x-2, 12, 13 are really good.I quite like ten 2 the story was great its quit funny in some parts i agree with that person on what they said they should of left out shuyin and lenne and focoused on more of yuna and tidus.the most funny charicter in x-2 is gipple the stuff he comes out with.So really there is some funny bits in x-2. I mean i Have faith in square enix a lot like next year square enix is making a final fantasy 13-2 and that is gonna be a follow up from 13 and don't for get they made final fantasy 14.So mabe these final fantasy game can just keep goin as long as they can. And so far they have not disappointed me.

Black Wizard Lvl 16 Magic Final Fantasy X-2 Makes Me Question My Faith in Square-Enix Master Garland's Avatar

It does not matter if millions of people enjoyed FFX-2 it does not change the fact that it is a mess up beyond belief. The Final Fantasy series was liked by true fans for it's great, deep, mature, and magical stories and such so FFX-2's bimbo, preppy, stupid, Charlie's Angel twist is a mockery to the FF series and should not carry the FF title as such. As a matter of fact FF has(ever since Hironobu Sakaguchi left Square and Enix merged) been on a downward spiral of making quality lacking games so I can see her point of view absolutely.

The game wasn't bad enough to shun everything else, that's for sure.

You can't assume you know precisely what's going on inside the company, all you can do is judge the game.
    Those who make mistakes tend to blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix the mistake; you can't return to the past.

Forgive but never forget.