Thread: ffxii remakes and being trolled.

ffxii remakes and being trolled.

So, with all of this buzz going around about vii and x being re-released hd, who else is with me that xii should also be getting this treatment? Of all of the ps2 onward Final Fantasy, xii was my absolute favorite to play. I agree that the story fell flat, but the characters were at least not unlikable and the gameplay was great. Not to mention there was well over 100 hours worth of playtime packed in (for me at least). The most underrated Final Fantasy by far in my mind.

also, who else fell for that troll from last year about the sequel? i knew it was too good to be true, but .... I wanted to believe

Registered User ffxii remakes and being trolled.
    Read an article on Kotaku that said if the HD collection of X/X-2 did well enough, that it could pave the way for more HD upgrades of FF games. XII was mentioned in particular. Here it is if you wanna see: If The Final Fantasy X Remake Does Well, FFXII Could Be Next

I loved XII. I thought it was great to explore such an expansive world and I loved all the details of the lore. Good to see more fans of that game. ^^

I am not sure what troll you're talking about though... Guess I'm lucky I missed out?
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

"Tiger Hair" ffxii remakes and being trolled. HeroZero's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind a FFXII remake although they should include the DS game with it and the Zodiac Job system.
    "Evil spelled backwards is Live, and we all want to do that now don't we?"

FFV is more underrated than FFXII.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Consistently Average ffxii remakes and being trolled. Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love XII but i'm not too sure how i'd feel about getting the Zodiac Job System. Being able to customise your guys equipment and so on is one of the major draw points for me.

Maybe if they kept all the additions that came with the International version, like Quickenings having their own bar instead of your HP and that arena thingy at the end of the game, but with an option to use the Job system similar to how the PAL version of X lets you use the Standard or 'Expert' Sphere Grid.

I think I'd be more excited about a V remake though. It needs more love.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

The Zodiac Job system is awesome. It makes the game more challenging. When you played FFXII you keep people doing the same role for most of that part of the game, you maybe change them up after a few key points.

Also some of the jobs are different than what you would imagine would be put into the game.

Also like to point out you're the only person I've met who enjoyed the License Board. At one point everybody became clones or a specific role.

I believe the original setup for FFXII was a Job System.
    Last edited by loaf; 06-25-2013 at 03:43 PM.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Read an article on Kotaku that said if the HD collection of X/X-2 did well enough, that it could pave the way for more HD upgrades of FF games. XII was mentioned in particular. Here it is if you wanna see: If The Final Fantasy X Remake Does Well, FFXII Could Be Next
    thanks for the read! is a nice confirmation of something I thought might be the case.

I think I'd be more excited about a V remake though. It needs more love.
    i agree. i really wish they would go back and remake ff1-6 the way they did iv and iii. bonus points if they are for handhelds lol. i did enjoy playing 5 in the anthology but holy crap the 4 remake was grreat.

Also like to point out you're the only person I've met who enjoyed the License Board. At one point everybody became clones or a specific role
    eh, i liked the license board slightly more than the international zodiac... but i'm not sure if that is because it was what i experienced first and most.

The Old Skool Warrior ffxii remakes and being trolled. LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I actually loved the license board. While it wasn't as flexible as the sphere grid, I really enjoyed being able to turn Penelo into a textbook Dark Knight, and Vaan into a stereotypical Thief, and Ashe into a Paladin, (so on and so on). I had the option to allow everyone to utilize most things by the end of the game, but found more enjoyment in giving them their own job classes based on what I wanted each character to do on each playthrough.

If FFXII gets the HD treatment, I'll be quite pleased. I LOVE portable anything, so assuming it'll hit Vita as well, I'll be a happy camper.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

"Tiger Hair" ffxii remakes and being trolled. HeroZero's Avatar
    I certainly had each character focus on specific things till the very end game but I wouldn't mind at least having the option to use the Zodiac job system thang, for some variety of replay.
    "Evil spelled backwards is Live, and we all want to do that now don't we?"

Each play through you went a certain path in the license board. Now you choose which skills you can obtain on the license board. No more having to waste LP on a melee skill when you want to power level a black mage quickly.

The only difference is if you made your Vaan a Thief and all of a sudden wanted to turn him into a Tank you can easily do that switch. But the International version you are stuck with what class you choose. I find that more of a challenge than normal. If you choose a bad 6 combination then it's going to be tough. Normal LP Board you can just grind and make a new build or maybe some magic abilities to aid your tank a bit more. That's why FFX International had the Advanced Sphere grid. I read about playthroughs where at one point in the game is was near impossible to advance on because the choices they made were bad and made the game was harder because of the sphere grid. Making 6 Aurons is not a good strat lol....I think.
    Last edited by loaf; 06-25-2013 at 11:43 PM.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Consistently Average ffxii remakes and being trolled. Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A problem I found with the Expert Grid is that while it allows your characters to branch out and learn other abilities, if you do this too much they start to fall behind. For example I made Yuna and Lulu both have White and Black Magic, basically I would put them into each others Grid whenever I could, but when I got to the point where they should have learnt their third tier spells on the regular Grid they were quite far behind on the Expert one.

On topic, I like the Licence Board quite a lot. It still allowed you to make dedicated mages, supporters and damage dealers, but you could blur the lines and make your party into whatever you feel like. Of course there are restrictions but it makes XII a lot more flexible than say IV.

The Zodiak system seems really cool too. From the top of my head you get jobs like Black/White/Red Mage, Breaker (hammers and axes), monk, ranger, thief, warrior and Dragoon but with a different name because they didn't want to have Dragoons who couldn't Jump. So there's tonnes of different ways to set out your party, and as loaf said the fact that you're locked into the jobs that you choose makes it all the more challenging.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

They actually have some jobs you wouldn't think of.

Just taken from Wikia to save you time.

The twelve jobs and their Zodiac sign are:

CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol