Thread: FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound

Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link View Post
    FinalFantasy12, I wouldn't hold your breath on this means of getting a Zodiac Spear. There is only a 1/1000 chance of the Chest appearing with the spear inside of it. It is a total luck situation and generally requires way to many hours to obtain one from the chest let alone multiples from that chest. There is really no need for such a powerful weapon either. Every bad guy in the game can be taken down with out it.

If you truly want one the best and easiest method is Nechrol method that FFking pointed out.

Seeing I am lazy I am just going to source the chests you don't want to open and throw it in a spoiler tag.

SPOILER!!:

1. The chest in front of Old Dalan's place at the southern end of Rabanastre Lowtown.

2. The chest in the Rabanastre Palace Cellar. Do not open the one at the southeast corner of the map. There will be either one or two chests that may appear there. To be safe, don't open any of them.

3. The chest in the room at Nalbina Dungeons where you regain all your equipment back. There are more than one chest in the room so to be safe, just don't open any of them.

4. The chest at the eastern-most section of the Phon Coast. There are 16 chests there arranged neatly near the shore. Don't open any of them.

Source: Articlesbase
    Aww crap, I got the one near Old Dalan. I got a Zodiac Spear in Henne Mines just yesterday. And for Yaizmat, I went to Level 90. It still took 5 Hours.
    Thanks for the help!

And one more question, this might have been asked before but where can you get the Ribbon? The guide said that it was in a chest at the field near Balfohiem(Sorry for spelling, can't remember the name.) but which chest? I've been in every area and opened every chest. Do I need to equip the Diamond Armlet?

Stage Dives, High Fives. FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Confession's Avatar

I got the second one and it's a 1/1000 chance if I remember.

It roughly took me 4 hours of quick restarts to get it, btu was worth it with a party of Tournesol and 2 Zodiac Spears.

Man haven't played that game in ages, Stupid WoW

EDIT: Answering question.

Entering the Crossfield area of Cerobi Steppe via the save point, Against the far side from where you're looking and slightly too the right is a chest behind the rocks. Now with diamond armlet you have a 50% for the chest to appear, 30% chance of an item and 10% of it being a ribbon.... Good luck, and may wanna look for some Fomaulhalts around there
    Last edited by Confession; 12-22-2010 at 05:52 AM.

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

Consistently Average FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay well im trying to get the Sword of Kings but im stuck pretty much at the entrance of the temple. I keep touching that pedistal but it only brings up zombies, am i missing something or am i doing the wrong thing because i cant progress any further into the temple.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Registered User FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound

Quote Originally Posted by SaixBerserk7 View Post
    Okay well im trying to get the Sword of Kings but im stuck pretty much at the entrance of the temple. I keep touching that pedistal but it only brings up zombies, am i missing something or am i doing the wrong thing because i cant progress any further into the temple.
    If I recall correctly, have Ashe as your party leader, and equip her with the Dawn Shard. Then you activate the switch/pedestal, and the door should open. Afterward, you can remove the Dawn Shard from Ashe and switch your party leader to whoever you want.

Hope that helps. ^^
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Consistently Average FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've tried to post in here as little as possible but i cant take it n'more.
    I'm up to the third stage at the Pharos of Ridorana (however its spelt), the part with the coloured waystones. Is there a specific order that i have to do to to get across without returning to the spot with all the undead beasties. ive tried following what those pillars say but their really no help. suggestions or answers will be greatly apprieciated as im currently at my wits end with this dungeon.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

Blog Entries

Hey I know this is double posting but i'm still stuck at the 3rd Ascent at the Pharos. The coloured waystones have me stumped and I was wondering if anyone could tell me the order that you are supposed to use to get across. It's been four months since I posted about this and no matter how many times I try to get acroos the room I end up at the part with all the undead monsters. Any form of assistance will be greatly appreciated
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

TFF's Resident Messenger FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Zisa View Post
    Hey I know this is double posting but i'm still stuck at the 3rd Ascent at the Pharos. The coloured waystones have me stumped and I was wondering if anyone could tell me the order that you are supposed to use to get across. It's been four months since I posted about this and no matter how many times I try to get acroos the room I end up at the part with all the undead monsters. Any form of assistance will be greatly appreciated
    This stumped me for the longest time. Here's what I now know, and hopefully it helps.

First, choose the Black Sigil. I believe the pillar with the message says to.

Second, the Green Sigil.

Third, the Red Sigil.

Fourth, and this one is where I had the trouble. What did you sacrifice during the second ascent. The Sigil you choose here corresponds with what you sacrifice then. I don't remember the colors, but you should remember which one you chose, and what color it was. Anyway, choose the Sigil that matches the color with what you Sacrificed.

Fifth, don't touch any Sigil. Instead, find the Fool's Facade. Past that wall is a WayStone. Touch it. Then, get ready for a fight. I don't remember if there is a Save Point, but if there is make sure to use it.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies