Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy
    Anyways I've been putting my weakest character which is Basch and by the windows in the Zertinan Caverns waiting for the Marilith to come out and he doesn't come out. I killed those Gigantoads that are by there and waited for about a minute. Do I need to wait longer? Or do I need to do something else to lure it out?
    You have to wait longer to lure it out. Takes about 5 minutes or so before it'll consider popping up. I think I waited like 15 minutes but I was also eating at the time so I probably waited longer than necessary. XD

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Registered User FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Dimi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonHeart
    You have to wait longer to lure it out. Takes about 5 minutes or so before it'll consider popping up. I think I waited like 15 minutes but I was also eating at the time so I probably waited longer than necessary. XD

~DragonHeart~
    Thanks for the info. I tried that this morning and I waited about 12 minutes at the most. The Marilith was easy though. I just attacked like crazy. I guess it pays to be patient sometimes.

Hunt Club

Hi everyone, actually very angered right now because I killed all thirty rare monsters that appear when you start the club, but I only ended up with 29 trophies. Does that make sense to anyone?? I dont think it gave me credit for the thalassinon (the first part of the side quest in the phon coast) where you get the turtle shell. Did i mess something up and am SOL now or is there hope?
    Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by antryg_winrose
    has anyone tried or even taken out yaizmat yet? we got the ..... charming gent down
    to six .... dots (and he made us work like dogs for it too)
    stepped out to go get our mp back and the ...... charming gent is practically back up to full strength. 3 ...... fun filled days expletive deleted gone.

and out side of wonderin what the er heck we did to piss square off i'm pretty much out of ideas.

o and to get high arcanas you need arcana x10 feystone x1 and soul of thamasa x1

and in the stilshrine whilst placing the statues you can check which direction they are facin with the select button map. the statues show up as arrows and just get the arrows facing toward the center.

and in central you can visit the owner of the hunt club. he gives you extra gems depending on how many hunt club hunts you have done.

I beat yiazmat...took me 9 full hours and I was at level 88. Probably the longest fight I've ever had in a final fantasy game. Havent taken out Omega mark XII yet, but he has less hit points. I dont know why he was at full health after you got him down to six bars though, did you leave on the airship or teleport out of the area?

And Also, I am still very angered at his whole 29 trophies thing. If anyone has any info it would be appreciated. Thanks

Pedobear approves FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Shadow Of Darkness's Avatar
    where to find the esper in the G.... waterway?and how to find Ultima?
    FINAL FANTASY RULES!!!

A PROUD MEMBER OF THE STUUUUPIDEST CLUB...EVER! STONER BROTHERS UNITE !

SoD: What should I give to my girlfriend for Valentines Day?
    Pete: My suggestion is two presents. Get her something of meaning to the both of you, and a dildo. If she doesn't like the first gift, she can go **** herself.

My Family:
    My awesome sister which I love very much <3--Vampiric.Delirium
    My lazy, random, super-duper, twice-removed cousin-- Ralz
    My forever intoxicated vigilante brother--Celtic_Silver
    My Godsmack Addicted Brother--Omega Weapon
    My dark wolf obsessed somebody--Darkwolf
    My Bahamut loving sister--Bahamut1990
    My forever banned cousin--Dark_Angel2
    My sweet vanilla cousin--OceanEyes28
    My wacky evil loving sister--Annikit

Registered User FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Dark_Angel2's Avatar
    How can I get key for barheim passage???
    I gave the flower to Danto's wife, bun ferry isn't coming and north bank is deserted. What's the trick???
    Life's party! Why to leave it???

stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima_Luka
    where to find the esper in the G.... waterway?and how to find Ultima?
    Cuchulainn is a toughy, you start at the sluice gates, close no 3 and no 10 controls, then enter number 3 cloaca spur. Go all the way to the end to find the no 1 south control. Head back to the central waterway control and open 3 and 10 back up. close number 4 and number 11, then enter the number 4 spur and use the number 1 north control. head back to the central waterway, open number 11 and then close number 3. Now you can enter the number one cloaca and he will be on the south end. Hes level 45 and theres a constant hp sap effect going, so save your game right before you do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Angel2
    I gave the flower to Danto's wife, bun ferry isn't coming and north bank is deserted. What's the trick???

If you don't have the dawn shard yet you won't be able to activate the ferry. I dont know if this is your case or not, but i was very angry when i firrst tried to just because i was trying to get it before i finished the tomb of raithwall.

Hope this helps!!

Registered User FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Dark_Angel2's Avatar
    I'm lv 73 now and I'm at the end of game for second time now, so that's not my case. Any other ideas???
    And yeah, what is that canopic vase for??? And those arcanas too?
    Last edited by Dark_Angel2; 01-05-2007 at 05:11 PM.

You have to speak with the boy by the ferry, and then the elder and they tell you that the North bank was attacked and then you have a mission to do to save the ferry boy's father from another cactus monster thing.

I'm lv 73 now and I'm at the end of game for second time now, so that's not my case. Any other ideas???
    And yeah, what is that canopic vase for??? And those arcanas too?
    Musicmuse explained it well. Anyway, the canopic jar makes enemies drop arcana, and the arcana are used to buy high arcana when mixed with soul of thamasa and a feystone. High arcana make a bunch of different goodies like elixirs and serpentarius gems for the tournesol.

FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound
    I'm totally stuck at the 2 judge/4 imperial guards fight on the Airship "Prison". I know it helps if i don't get my members surround with the soldiers, but they always end up doing do. I manage to almost kill one judge before getting massacered in a manner of terms. I thought that the ancient sword i found would help {took me enough trouble to get it and the assassian dagger -.-}, but it's not. Any tips anybody?
    Last edited by LostUtopian; 01-06-2007 at 02:22 AM.

I was lv 15 when I was there and that was easy part to me. I don't know what lv u are, but best way to get rid of them is to use quickening on one of judges in beginning of fight and beat rest of guys on "classic" way

Exactly. Wait for the guards to come really close to the judge and then target the enemy that's closest to the middle of the bunch with a quickening. That should definately give you a better shot at it and then it's just hack and slash to victory!!

Just make sure one character is ready with the healing spells cuz they can get pretty ruthless at the end there

Pedobear approves FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Shadow Of Darkness's Avatar
    how to beat Ultima?i tried 10 times ...but nooooooo
    FINAL FANTASY RULES!!!

A PROUD MEMBER OF THE STUUUUPIDEST CLUB...EVER! STONER BROTHERS UNITE !

SoD: What should I give to my girlfriend for Valentines Day?
    Pete: My suggestion is two presents. Get her something of meaning to the both of you, and a dildo. If she doesn't like the first gift, she can go **** herself.

My Family:
    My awesome sister which I love very much <3--Vampiric.Delirium
    My lazy, random, super-duper, twice-removed cousin-- Ralz
    My forever intoxicated vigilante brother--Celtic_Silver
    My Godsmack Addicted Brother--Omega Weapon
    My dark wolf obsessed somebody--Darkwolf
    My Bahamut loving sister--Bahamut1990
    My forever banned cousin--Dark_Angel2
    My sweet vanilla cousin--OceanEyes28
    My wacky evil loving sister--Annikit

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima_Luka
    how to beat Ultima?i tried 10 times ...but nooooooo
    Hmmmm...ten times, maybe you need to level up more around the great crystal. White masks are an absolute must in this fight since ultima casts holyja often. This way your party will be healed, but you will need to watch out for the reverse status that holyja can leave behind in case you have some cure gambits going on. Other than that, just watch out for what effect she has on the party i.e. HP/MP sap, no magicks technicks and so on and use your most powerful bits of your arsenal to take her down.

btw, has anyone finished the hunters camp sidequest? Please let me know how many trophies you have, because I still have 29 but checked through my bestiary and I have killed all 30 of the monsters that give you trophies. any info would be appreciated.

AwwItsAubrey
    Can anyone help me and give some advice on how to beat Judge Ghis...i can't even get close

Quote Originally Posted by Larick
    put the dawn shard on one of your party members and have them actavat the thing in the middle of the room
    You have to use put the Dawn shard on Ashe to activate the machine in Raithwalls tomb. If you don't and you touch the contraption a bunch of zombies will appear.

Is anyone going through Feywoods yet????
    I'm not sure if you gotta go through Henne mines to get to Giruvegan.
    Also I only have 2 espers where can I find more??

P.S I'm not using a strategy guide I like to beat the game once without it.

Quote Originally Posted by AwwItsAubrey
    Can anyone help me and give some advice on how to beat Judge Ghis...i can't even get close
    In Mt Bur-Omisace???

Well what I did was I focused on him and used all my quickenings. Killed him really easily.

What lvls are you??? Maybe you need to level up a bit

I gave the flower to Danto's wife, but ferry isn't coming and north bank is deserted. What's the trick???
    You get the key from the injured man the wife is tending to. It's a side quest, try talking to her again, she should ask you to do a bunch of other things.

This ain't no place for no hero FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Tiffany's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hottdiamondgurl
    Is anyone going through Feywoods yet????
    I'm not sure if you gotta go through Henne mines to get to Giruvegan.
    Also I only have 2 espers where can I find more??
    You don't go through the Henne Mines to get to Giruvegan.

Keep going south through Golmore Jungle and you'll pass through a barrier you wern't able to pass through before. If you're unsure where to go, check your map (select) and you'll see the way to take to get South.

What 2 espers do you have? Story-related ones?

Can anyone describe me how can I get to Ultima??? I've lost an eternity in that crystal and I can't find her

Can anyone describe me how can I get to Ultima??? I've lost an eternity in that crystal and I can't find her
    I really don't want to describe this because it takes forever, but I found an amazing map of the great crystal's upper layer. I have no idea who made it but it should show you the way fairly well.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/f...ande_upper.png

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany

You don't go through the Henne Mines to get to Giruvegan.

Keep going south through Golmore Jungle and you'll pass through a barrier you wern't able to pass through before. If you're unsure where to go, check your map (select) and you'll see the way to take to get South.

What 2 espers do you have? Story-related ones?
    I have Belias and Mateus.

Ok so I found the way I beat that flower boss, but now I'm stuck going in circles in Feywood/ice field of clearsight. Where the heck do I go from here?

ok got through that part now I'm in the next section. Do I summon Belias again or Mateus?
    Last edited by hottdiamondgurl; 01-08-2007 at 11:20 AM.

This ain't no place for no hero FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Tiffany's Avatar
    You summon Belais. His name is Belais The Gigas, and you're trying to get through the Gigas Door, right?

As for other Espers, there's another one in the Mosphoran Highwaste, you have to touch the Water Shrines to open the path, and use the wandering chocobo to get to them.

Another easily obtainable esper is the one in the Zertinian Caverns. Keep wandering through and you'll find it. It's near the save crystal in there.

Thanks Tiffany, you've been a great help

A note about the Esper in the caverns - It is a flying esper so make sure you have good ranged weapons before you head out, or a good amount of MP to use spells as a ranged attack.

No problem. Noticed you're in Toronto!! Glad to help out a fellow Canuck. I live like 45 mins away from there.

Okay, so I'm not spamming:

Exodus (Mosphoran Highwaste Esper) has that pailing, where he's invincible for peroids of time against physical damage. Use dispel and darkra to attack him during this time, or wait for it to fall.

Also notable: Items are locked in this battle.

locket door..
    Sochen Cave Palace/Mirror of the soul (middle area)

in this location their is a door that is still locket for me i have 45-44.5 hunts done(that last one is long..) with all 13 espers the only extra boss i have to fight is that Omega Mk.Xii and that is no easy fight just wondering if any one else knows of this door and what is behind it..it has to be good.. well anyways i will post what i find if i ever find what i have to...

I'm pretty sure the area you're talking about is where you can get an item during your first run-through of the Sochen Cave Palace.

You have to follow certain paths in order to get the waterfalls to move their positions and then when you do them it'll open up that door. I forget what's behind it though.

There's no possible way I could describe what routes to take, but I'm sure if you search around for the "Waterfall Puzzle" in the Sochen Cave palace you might find pictures of what to do.

xMattsta25x
    Pretty Simple..where can I buy transport Stones

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast