Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound

Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link View Post
    Haha, No all you have to do is hit up up down down left right left right B A start.
    Ok all joking aside, all you have to do is just sell all of the ingerdiants at the same time and then go talk to the clan provisioner and see the bazaar goods, should be listed there, Cant remember the exact name for it.
    Lol, thanks for the info!

TS

Not a problem, anytime. It's always a pleasure.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Can we save all the "thanks" "no problem" for PMs or VMs please?

And the Tournesol is called The Sunflower in the Bazaar, its obvious which one it is without the name aswell, thanks to its 600k gil price tag

Okay I'm seriously getting ticked off with this game. I'm in the deadlands trying to gather ingredients for my tournesols, but the leynirs haven't dropped a single wargod band in the last three runs. And I've killed helvenik half a dozen times and it has yet to drop a high arcana or that grand armor, or whatever it is.

I bought all of the grimoires, which are supposed to make loot easier to find. Anyone know wtf is going on?

TS

Some of the rare drops take forever even with a very high kill chain. I spent hours apon hours trying to get all the ingerediants to get all of the items that I need to fordge all of the weapons I wanted, patience young grasshopper.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Would you recommend killing the six leynirs in the deadlands, then just waiting around idly for them to respawn? As opposed to killing the leynirs, then making a run through the necrohol, then coming back to kill the leynirs again? If so do you happen to know exactly how long it takes monsters to respawn?

Thanks,
    TS

Keep fighting one monster at a time type, if you run off and fight other monsters of a different type it kills your battle chain counter and you loose the perk of the bonus' to the loot collected. The higher the battle chain the better the loot, well most of the time and the better the chance the monster will drop a rare item.

As for the respawn it isn't a matter of time it is a matter of screens, you have to go two scrrens away and then come back, same goes with treasure chest but you have to go 3.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Vagabond Thief FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Rikkuffx's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I have decided to actually try to finish this LOL Ive been busy since I got it,which was like 2 years ago...lol...well I'm actually getting back into it,I do have the guide but i cant beat this boss. its the elder wyrm with the treants. Now ive been slamming him with quickenings and almost getting him down and then he wipes out my party...I'm thinking I should be lvling up a bit more?My chars are all in their early 20's like 22 and 23. and I may stop at Fran's village and get some more pots and whatnot it seems I run outta those when I get the status effects.Any suggestions would help. Thanks!
    ~TFF Family~
    Doc Rocco-My illegitimate and nefarious son
    Fishie-My lusty neighbor who loves to egg old people!
    Martin-My awesome Tff lil bro who lets me cry on his shoulder!
    Unknown Entity-My wonderful banner making sis <3
    Halie-my slightly crazy but wondeful sis <3
    My geeky maple story loving bro-joesteel64

Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link
    As for the respawn it isn't a matter of time it is a matter of screens, you have to go two scrrens away and then come back, same goes with treasure chest but you have to go 3.
    Wait, what exactly is a screen? I know you don't mean 'area' because kill chains are broken when you switch areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkuffx
    its the elder wyrm with the treants. Now ive been slamming him with quickenings and almost getting him down and then he wipes out my party...I'm thinking I should be lvling up a bit more?My chars are all in their early 20's like 22 and 23. and I may stop at Fran's village and get some more pots and whatnot it seems I run outta those when I get the status effects.Any suggestions would help. Thanks!
    1. Kill the treants first, then take out the wyrm.
    2. Spread out so he can't hit all your characters with status effects.
    3. I think I remember that dark magic works well against him, though I can't be sure.
    4. If at first you don't succeed, run away to level up!

TS

Vagabond Thief FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Rikkuffx's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post
    Wait, what exactly is a screen? I know you don't mean 'area' because kill chains are broken when you switch areas.

1. Kill the treants first, then take out the wyrm.
    2. Spread out so he can't hit all your characters with status effects.
    3. I think I remember that dark magic works well against him, though I can't be sure.
    4. If at first you don't succeed, run away to level up!

TS
    I actually beat him before i wnet to work. I just nailed himw ith tons of quickenings i had like a chain of 15 at one point lol and it also killed the treants too took a bit but yea lol. Thanks though!
    ~TFF Family~
    Doc Rocco-My illegitimate and nefarious son
    Fishie-My lusty neighbor who loves to egg old people!
    Martin-My awesome Tff lil bro who lets me cry on his shoulder!
    Unknown Entity-My wonderful banner making sis <3
    Halie-my slightly crazy but wondeful sis <3
    My geeky maple story loving bro-joesteel64

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post
    By "screen" he means a "room" on your map. Go to your map. There will be several different orange-colored areas. These are the "rooms" on that map. If you go off that map onto another map, you have switched areas and reset your chain counter.

To defeat the Elder Wyrm, use ranged weapons to keep your party spaced out (Sporefall is an area-of-effect spell), cast Aero on the Treants, and cast Reflect before the battle starts. Larsa will handle most of the healing duties with his infinite Hi-potions.
    3rd Division Captain of the Bleach Club
    Lurking member of the Old School Cult of Kefka

Stage Dives, High Fives. FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Confession's Avatar
    Not this is revelant now... But you can skip the Elder Wyrm boss althougher.. You run through the Feywood taking all the lefts you can. As long as you hold onto the flee button you should be able to outrun the fiends. You will make it to Panama Rift without fighting him.
    Last edited by Confession; 11-20-2008 at 10:44 PM.

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, as I have gotten lazy and I haven't been here in a while LOL.

PUH-LEEEEZE tell me where Ultima is. I go EVERYWHERE inside that Giruvegan Crystal until I run circles around myself; and the map isn't much help because this is one place where you can't monitor your progress. It's just a giant crystal and your red dot of where you are just kind of "stays put".

She is my favorite and I want to fight her; but I can't for the life of me figure out where in that PHAT crystal she is LOL. Help <3

Its a pain in the ass to get to with no reference, so instead of typing out how to go through all the teleports i'll just give you this map of Giruvegan. Ultima is the free space right at the top next to the save crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Its a pain in the ass to get to with no reference, so instead of typing out how to go through all the teleports i'll just give you this map of Giruvegan. Ultima is the free space right at the top next to the save crystal.
    ****Thank you. I'm gonna try again for like, the UMPTEENTH time LOL

Registered User FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Me again.

I herd there is a stratagy to use to kill the giant T-REX outside the Pharos but i cant get it to work. They say you need to cast Decoy and Reverse but one of the spells wheres off in like 3 seconds. If that wont work please tell me how I can kill it.

Andrew Bealor.

Live your life the way you want to. FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Zidane-Tribal's Avatar
    The boss I assume.
    Just cast reflectga and use curaja on everyone it will bounce off everyone damaging the enemy.
    You don't need a reason to help people : Zidane Final Fantasy 9

Soup Kitchen Jerk. FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Polk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H.U.N.K View Post
    Me again.

I herd there is a stratagy to use to kill the giant T-REX outside the Pharos but i cant get it to work. They say you need to cast Decoy and Reverse but one of the spells wheres off in like 3 seconds. If that wont work please tell me how I can kill it.

Andrew Bealor.
    I have a feeling that you mean the Pylraster, right? The mark from hunt number 32? If so, then:

1. Preparation: Have either a gambit setting up Bubble or use a bubble belt to give your characters max HP. Also set up gambits to keep haste and protect on all your characters. The best strategy I find is to have one character equipped with a melee weapon (either sword and shield, or a knife, something that'll give good evasion), and set up a gambit to automatically use decoy on him/her (I almost never use reverse. Just a waste of mp). Other characters should have ranged weapons. Fomalhouts with Fire ammo for the win!

2. Use dispel and slow on him immediately. With decoy on the main fighter, Pylraster should only attack them. With a good enough evasion, they should be okay. Keep healing gambits high, and just make sure to keep haste and protect on them. The main fighter's damage is irrelevant, so equipping a weapon like the Main Gauche with a good evasion shield is their best strategy. In fact, it'll be hard for them to get hit then. The other characters then just spam the boss with ranged weapons, and cure and renew decoy, protect, and haste when needed.

Good luck.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

orin_lockheart
    I'm having an issue with the medallion quest. I've got the blackend and dull frags. I'm definatly far enough in the game being that i'm about to enter bahamait and i'm far enough on the hunts (just accepted the king behemoth) however when i go to ol dalins house. Roh'kenmou isn't there.. I've spoken to every single speakable person in lowtown, talked to kites. even went around talking to the other people you need to talk later in the quest.. but for some reason.. he isn;t there. and therefore it isn't triggering Filo or the curiouse woman at the fountain..... am i missing something?

Stage Dives, High Fives. FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Confession's Avatar
    You need to head to the Nabreus Deadlands.
    Speak with Ma'kleou (Quiet Nu Mou) at the top of the hill in the
    Muted Scarp. Ask him "Who he is" and "Why is he there". Travel back to
    Lowtown and enter Old Dalan's Place. Roh'kenmou will be inside talking with
    Old Dalan. Speak with Roh'kenmou. He will mention the four objects that you

Then that should activate it all.

Registered User FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I as well have some questions about the medallion quest.

I have talked to the person next to the foutain and I cant figure out where the darn thing is. Please help.

You have to talk to her, pick the top option

Then you have to find 3 specific Bangaas at the bazaar

Green Bangaa at the entrance of the street
    Blue Seeq on the left side of the street (with a white headress)
    Orange Bangaa at the area northeast from Clan Provisioner

Pick the top top options for each one, head to the magic shop. talk to the imperial guard, you will have to fight him. After the fight ask him about the necklace. Pick the top option twice. Then go to low town and speak to Filo. Respond two his two prompts with the top options again. Back at the magic shop again and talk to the soldier again. Then there is a cut scene and blam you get the shard you desire.

That was the cliff note version.

United, we move as one

My awards:

I'm leveling in the Henne Mines and I have a couple questions:

1. Is there any really good way of dealing with Etemes, other than spamming Holy? It works, but once they drain a character's mana the character can't really use it for the rest of that fight. (I don't make a habit of using potions.) And it's a single target spell, so if there's two or more...

2. What's your favorite accessory? Once I hit 99 I'm going for the last few big bosses that I haven't defeated yet like the High Seraph, Zodiark and the last couple hunts. I'm using x2 XP to get to 99, but once there I'm thinking bubble belts or ribbons. Opinions?

TS

When it comes to Entites there really isn't much point in killing them.. There are much easier things that give out MASSIVE amounts of exp. So I would just stay away from them unless trying to steal Halycons. But if you MUST, the best way to deal with them is to have fully buffed chars, with haste and a holy elemental weapon.

And when it comes to accessorys when just running aroun always have the 2X exp one on (Embroided Tippet?) and when a boss battle comes up have Bubble belts on. If you have you gambits set up right, it is much easier using items to get rid of status effects, then casting bubble in the middle of a battle.

Etemes are the creepy floating undead things that drain mana, not entites.

OH LOL! I'm sorry. I assumed you mayde a spelling error. Well you know when someone assumes they make an ASS outta U and ME, theres a bit of light banter for you.

Etéms; Easily one of the hardest normal feinds in the game, they spam up on you and just destroy you. I would suggest firstly not trying to do anything the that section of the Henne mines until you are at least 70+ if you are closer to 90+ then it should be a matter of having someone with the Excaluber, somone with the Holy Lance, and someone spamming Holy. They'll go down fast if you have Bravery buffed. Or you can just hack and slash if you have the Zodiac Spear, Tournesol and the Excalubur (or another Zodiac spear).

When it comes to that section of the Henne mines, it is best if you flee from majority of the feinds int here with the exception of the Abysteel's as with Embroided tippets on, they give of massive EXP and there is part of the mines with them crawling all over the joint. I figured out you have to flee constantly when going for the second Zodiac spear.
    Last edited by Confession; 12-17-2008 at 09:41 PM.

I am actually a short 2-3 levels away from 99, so the only monsters that scare me at all are the etems. And then only when a group of three or more clusterf*ck me. It's not even the mana drain that's the problem; it's the status effects they start throwing around. I can't get an attack off without having to heal or remove a status effect. I seriously need ribbons.

So my next question is what's the fastest way to get a few ribbons? The strategy guides says they drop in Pharos, the Henne Mines and the Ozmone Plains from a level 99 red chocobo. I've yet to find a ribbon in the Pharos or the Mines, and I know such a low level area can't have such a badass chocobo. What do you suggest?

TS

There is a single SURE way to get ribbons in this game and it's in none of those places lol.

Goto the save point in the Cerobi Steppe. Now save because you are going to be doing some quick resetting. In the Crossroads section It is the chest to the north, and slightly to the east, behind a big rock there. If I remember right it is a 1.5% chance of you getting it. Sometimes the chest wont appear thats why you saved so you can soft reset and try again. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DIAMOND ARMLETS EQUIPPED as it is the only way you can get it. YOU WILL NOT GET IT WITH THEM NOT EQUIPPED...

And if you think this is hard try getting the second Zodiac spear in the Henne Mines. A lot of running to have a 1/1000 chance of getting it.. Took me about 2 hours of repedtitive motion lol.

Just because I want to see this level 99 red chocobo [and kill it], does anyone know how to get it to appear?

TS

Haha you better have patience. Because it is the rarest enemy in the game and takes some great stratergy and time to get it to appear.

To make the Red appear, you gotta kill at least 6 Chocobos in the Haulo Green area, then move two areas away and then return. Odds are 1/256 that the Lv.99 Red Chocobo will spawn among one of the many Chocobos. Another trick is that you can petrify all the chocobo's and they will spawn automatically, giving you more kills and an easier chance of it appearing.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast