Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound

Stage Dives, High Fives. FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Confession's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn
    Henne Mines secret area. You need to have 10 espers and the Mindflayer hunt completed to get access to it. Talk to one of the guys in Jahara, possibly the high chief (I don't remember).

Its in the first main zone of the mines, you'll go through a cave structure and into a corridor, after that back into a cave and the chest is on your right in a small secret alcove. The chest is a 10% spawn chance and the Spear has a 10% chance of dropping from it, so it may take a while. Also you need to have a Diamond Armlet equipped to get it. Good luck
    Haha yeah I wanted a second one, I tried for like 2 hours and then gave up, it gets really aggravating because the Abysteels are very relentless.. Also if you want the exact odds in obtaining it in the Henne Mines I believe it is around 1/1000 So yeah if you REALLY want it go for it, In my eyes the Tournesol is better because in the end they both do 9999 and the Tournesol has a good combo rate...

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

umm i have a Queston about the Pharos ho do you do it
    a bit of a Temper
    a little like
    A lot of love

Please elaborate. Can you define what exactly you are looking for, most of us here are not wanting to write a stratagy guide haha. Is there a certain part you are needing help with?
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

*sigh* So I'm looking through my Gaming Guide, trying to figure out how to get to GiruVegan the right way and I read where I have to fight "Rufflesia (sp?)"?

Anyway, the Guide says I need Dispel & Vaccine. I thought I HAD everything in my "Items" or "White Magic" arsenal. Well, no, apparently not LOL

My question is: What city has the Vaccine and Dispel so I can have it for my fight against Rufflesia? I might actually find it on my own by the time I come back here tomorrow LOL. But just in case I don't, does anyone remember what city has these?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyCosgrove View Post
    My question is: What city has the Vaccine and Dispel so I can have it for my fight against Rufflesia? I might actually find it on my own by the time I come back here tomorrow LOL. But just in case I don't, does anyone remember what city has these?
    You can buy vaccine from Balfonheim and you can get Dispel from most of the magick shops after beating Judge Master B. I can't remember which judge that is, but my friend and I both have the spell (along with the -ga version) and neither of us has set foot in Giruvegan yet. Personally, i got the spell from Rabanastre.

Registered User FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How can i reach the baknamy merchant? I
    Spoiler:
    cant get enough pieces of the medalion. I think thats my problem.

Stage Dives, High Fives. FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Confession's Avatar
    Nope! You don't need the pieces... Okay I will try to explain this as best I can.

When you go in VIA Salikawood and you are in that first area, on the way to the next exit (there is only one in the area) There will be a long corridor along the way around the middle. You will know it is the one 'cos there will be all those floating monsters (sorry I can't remember their names) When you go down there there will be a room, when you go in to the room face east, there will be another room with a pandora. To the west closest corner of that pandora will be a ???? and a press X symbol... Press X, congrats you found him.

Cool

Not sure if this is necessary since spoilers abound but anyhoo
    S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

**I'm at the Shemhazai, The Whisperer, Hydro, Pandaemonium, Slyt, Fenrir.

Shemhazai was a cake walk. I have my party at Level 49,50, and 51. I'm using Morning Star, Kaiser Sheild, Carabineer Mail and Black Mask. I knocked him out in like a minute and a half. The Gaming Guide says you need to use "Mana Spring" ability (what the hell is that exactly? I've NEVER heard of that LOL) but you really don't need to do anything but have 2 party members hack away at it and a 3rd standing off in the distance to throw Curaja or whatever healing status when you need it. That's basically it.

Hydro was a complete nutjob . He was tougher than I thought he'd be. He kept throwing several status ailments at my party at once...DAMN HIM! LOL! But as long as I had one party member standing away from him, he left me alone LOL

---------

I wanted to divide my posts into two parts because I didn't want it to become "TLR" (Too Long, Don't Read).

Pandaemoniam was easier than the gaming guide said he would be. I basically just had one party member stand aside away from him where he couldn't get me , and I noticed that his HP bar dropped rather quickly.
    He reminds me of the big turtle like thing from the SanSeas LOL.

Slyt was another p-ussy LOL. He did regenerate himself like the gaming guide said he would but, he didn't really regenerate worth crap. I kept hacking away at him and kept throwing Cura, Curaja at my party and he dropped like a fly

================================================== ===

Thanx DJinn for putting my two posts in one. I wasn't sure how long my post shoud be so I didn't want to take a chance in it being too long. That's why I made two posts. It's all good LOL

QUESTION: How do I go from 2nd Ascent to 3rd Ascent? I'm almost done with the game and I can't remember what building I'm in right now. But it's the one where you go up a different stairway constantly. I'm at like "65F -- Abounding Truth" or something or other.

The gaming guide said there should be an elevator from 2nd to 3rd but...the elevator is not there. What did I do to make the elevator not be there?
    Last edited by BabyCosgrove; 07-27-2008 at 01:26 AM.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Polk's Avatar
    Shemhazai was a cake walk. I have my party at Level 49,50, and 51. I'm using Morning Star, Kaiser Sheild, Carabineer Mail and Black Mask. I knocked him out in like a minute and a half. The Gaming Guide says you need to use "Mana Spring" ability (what the hell is that exactly? I've NEVER heard of that LOL) but you really don't need to do anything but have 2 party members hack away at it and a 3rd standing off in the distance to throw Curaja or whatever healing status when you need it. That's basically it.
    Actually, Mana Spring is an ability that Shemhazai uses that makes him weak to one element, but absorb all others.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyCosgrove
    QUESTION: How do I go from 2nd Ascent to 3rd Ascent? I'm almost done with the game and I can't remember what building I'm in right now. But it's the one where you go up a different stairway constantly. I'm at like "65F -- Abounding Truth" or something or other.

The gaming guide said there should be an elevator from 2nd to 3rd but...the elevator is not there. What did I do to make the elevator not be there?
    Did you defeat Fenrir? If not, I suggest you do that. Follow the hall until you meet him. He's powerful, but keep up Haste and Protect and you shouldn't have much of a problem. Also, if you have anything Earth based, use it. After the fight, touch the altar of the ability you gave up in the first part of the Second Ascent to get it back. The elevator should come then to take you up to the Third Ascent. Hope that helps.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by James K. Polk View Post
    Actually, Mana Spring is an ability that Shemhazai uses that makes him weak to one element, but absorb all others.

Did you defeat Fenrir? If not, I suggest you do that. Follow the hall until you meet him. He's powerful, but keep up Haste and Protect and you shouldn't have much of a problem. Also, if you have anything Earth based, use it. After the fight, touch the altar of the ability you gave up in the first part of the Second Ascent to get it back. The elevator should come then to take you up to the Third Ascent. Hope that helps.
    UGH! I already fought him. But I think I did something wrong and went the wrong way or, went backwards or.... *sigh* Shoot! Now what? Damn it, am I gonna have to load a previous saved game and fight him again, and then go from there? I really hate this game sometimes

Cool

Question: I did look for the answer myself before asking here LOL, but I can't seem to figure it out so, *sigh*

I am doing the Gil Snapper Hunt and when I went to the Crystal Glade to talk to that little boy and his mom, he says: "It should be east of here but no telling where he is".. Well that's just GREAT. The little boy said he should be in the TRACK OF THE BEASTS. Wait, what? There IS no track of the beasts in the Giza Plains (Rainy Season). Where is this area supposed to be exactly? I've run around like 5 times and he won't pop out

Aww yeah! FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Wolf's Avatar
    A small town on the outskirts of Madtown, WI
    It's been awhile since I've played but I think I remember.

@ BabyCosgrove

During the rainy season on Giza plains there are a few special tree logs that you might find around the different areas of the plains. When you find these logs a press X icon will appear and the game will ask you if you want to break the log. I think you need to break every single log in the plains in order to open the path to the Gil Snapper. I'm not sure how many logs there are though since its literaly been years since I've done that hunt. But all the logs should float down a river or something and make a bridge to Gilly's lair.
    Last edited by Wolf; 08-09-2008 at 09:04 PM.

A special shout out to my amazing TFF Family:
    Little Moogle, Darkwolf, kung fu kitty, Shadowknight241, Anachronism, Fishie,
    H.U.N.K., lazyboy708, guado_gal Dark One, Martin, TheHasteChocobo

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
    It's been awhile since I've played but I think I remember.

@ BabyCosgrove

During the rainy season on Giza plains there are a few special tree logs that you might find around the different areas of the plains. When you find these logs a press X icon will appear and the game will ask you if you want to break the log. I think you need to break every single log in the plains in order to open the path to the Gil Snapper. I'm not sure how many logs there are though since its literaly been years since I've done that hunt. But all the logs should float down a river or something and make a bridge to Gilly's lair.
    Damn it! Mine doesn't do that. All my game says when I approach those logs (and I did) is: "Some logs seem to have gotten lodged in a suncrystal" or something like that....and that's it. Nothing more. What do I do to make it give me that option of breaking them?

Aww yeah! FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Wolf's Avatar
    A small town on the outskirts of Madtown, WI
    Damn it! Mine doesn't do that. All my game says when I approach those logs (and I did) is: "Some logs seem to have gotten lodged in a suncrystal" or something like that....and that's it.
    My guess is that you haven't found and / or cut down all of the withered trees yet. Aparently there are six of them. One in each of the following locations: Crystal Glade, Starfall Field, Toam Hills, Nomad Village, Gizas North Bank, and finally the Throne Road.

What do I do to make it give me that option of breaking them?
    Like I said in my previous post, when you find a withered tree, just walk up to it and press X then you should have the option of cutting it down. If you've already cut it down, then you obviously won't have the option of cutting it down. Once all six trees are cut down, a new road will open up to an area called, "The Tracks of The Beast". When you enter the area, you will find one of Montblancs clan members there. He will tell you whether or not the Gil Snapper is there. If he is not there just exit and re-enter the area until he says he's there, and he will help you take him down.

A special shout out to my amazing TFF Family:
    Little Moogle, Darkwolf, kung fu kitty, Shadowknight241, Anachronism, Fishie,
    H.U.N.K., lazyboy708, guado_gal Dark One, Martin, TheHasteChocobo

Quote Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
    My guess is that you haven't found and / or cut down all of the withered trees yet. Aparently there are six of them. One in each of the following locations: Crystal Glade, Starfall Field, Toam Hills, Nomad Village, Gizas North Bank, and finally the Throne Road.

Like I said in my previous post, when you find a withered tree, just walk up to it and press X then you should have the option of cutting it down. If you've already cut it down, then you obviously won't have the option of cutting it down. Once all six trees are cut down, a new road will open up to an area called, "The Tracks of The Beast". When you enter the area, you will find one of Montblancs clan members there. He will tell you whether or not the Gil Snapper is there. If he is not there just exit and re-enter the area until he says he's there, and he will help you take him down.
    The Withered Trees...Thaaaats my problem. THANK YOU!!

OK I don't have time to search though the 31 pages of questions to see if this was asked already. anyways....

What are some good ways to make money in this game??? Other then the hunts I need to know some great places to make money. I'm always broke and my characters equipment suffers greatly.

Please PM me with answers/suggestions.
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Depends at what point in the game you are at. But the second best option is going for loot. Equip steal and HP>80 in your top gambit slots on a couple characters then go to town on some baddies for a while. Max out the loot of each individual kind and and go sell it off for a good pay out. This is extreamly helpful later in the game if you are running low on cash. If you have lots of armor/weapons in your inventory that you are not using sell it off.

United, we move as one

My awards:

I want to know if Belito is truly in the Sandseas. MontBlanc said "you might not find anything"....*sigh* I've already been all OVER the SandSeas and....NOTHING. Is he even really out there? Because if he isn't, I'm gonna quit wasting my time. I hate that damn hunt LOL

Yes "he" is

SPOILER!!:
    all you to do is enter the Zertinan Caverns via ogir-Yensa Sandsea Junction go through the canopy of clay and you will reach nam-yensa sandsea's withering shore.

If I remember correctly it should be some where twards the middle of the map and the only way to access this area is via the caverns.

United, we move as one

My awards:

r the guns useless weapons

Soup Kitchen Jerk. FFXII Help Thread: CAUTION - spoilers abound Polk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drag00n365 View Post
    r the guns useless weapons
    What a well constructed question...

But the answer is HELL NAH. Guns ignore defense, so if an enemy has a high defense, guns will pierce right through it. Combine that with ammo like Dark Shot, which will inflict Darkness on an enemy (along with other types of ammo, which include other status inflicting ammo or elemental ammo, which will cause more damage if the enemy is weak to that certain element) and you can have a character capable of crippling enemies.

Not to mention that they are long range weapons, which can hit high flying enemies, or allows a character just to stand back during a battle, taking less damage. Some enemies do have resistance to guns, but not many.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

I want to know if Belito is truly in the Sandseas. MontBlanc said "you might not find anything"....*sigh* I've already been all OVER the SandSeas and....NOTHING. Is he even really out there? Because if he isn't, I'm gonna quit wasting my time. I hate that damn hunt LOL
    That would be a hilarious practical joke. I don't see a game company ever being so brave.

As for guns, hell no. They are amazing. They really become good when you fight high HP monsters with insane defense. Balthier then becomes my beastliest character.

Compared to most of the other weapons guns are pretty weak, which is unfortunate because Fomalhaut is pretty damn good when you get it. Their damage doesn't scale very well with level, however against heavily armoured opponents they'll match spears and great swords... I still only use them for flying things though =/

Where is Ultima? I can NOT, for the love of PETE, find her anywhere in the Crystal of Giruvegan. And what's worse is, you don't have a map to follow. It's just this "egg shape" lookin' thing <3

Seeing you have been in the crystals upper layers I am only going to write out a small section of what I would normally say. IF you are having trouble finding your ways around the Crystals upper layers, try making your own map, I found this helped a little bit.

First you have to go through the Capricorn Gate II you only have about 3 minutes to make it there after you activate the Capricorn Stone via WAystove XVI. Then you have to go through Virgo Gate II you have a little over 100 seconds to make it to here after activating the Vigro gate stone, then take Way Stone XVII to the peak of the crystal. Keep in mind the Virgo

United, we move as one

My awards:

When selling special item "ingredients" to the bazaar, can I sell to any merchant or just the clan provisioner? Do I have to gather up and sell the ingredients all at once? Once I gather and sell all the necessary ingredients, does that make just one item available or as many as I want to buy? I'm trying to find wildsnakes on the Giza (to get snake skins for Tournesol), but I can't find any in either the dry or wet seasons. Any advice?

Thanks,
    TS

I almost always went back to the clan provisioner, wasn't hard to do when you get the Sthral bakc up and running.

For maximum effects and minamizing the chances of accidently fording an incorrect item it is high recommended to hold the items until you can sell them all at once.

You can only buy one of each item, then you have to refordge them again.

I found the snakes in the dry season, by exiting out to the west of the Nomad Village and then head a screen to the South. Follow the Eastern boundery until you come across them. The I would just run back to the village and to the same area, there would be about 4 snakes each time.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Me Wrong.
    But always keep your items until you have them all.. There is a away to obtain the Tournesol with only using 2 High Arcana..Which is a very big relief as it made getting it much easier.
    I made a typo it's 3 high arcana... And to answer your question T.S
    the reason why you do it is
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/fi...-spoilers.html

That is my guide for getting the Tournesol (Personally I think it's splendid)

So EDIT: Fixed
    Last edited by Confession; 11-12-2008 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link
    I almost always went back to the clan provisioner, wasn't hard to do when you get the Sthral bakc up and running.

For maximum effects and minamizing the chances of accidently fording an incorrect item it is high recommended to hold the items until you can sell them all at once.

You can only buy one of each item, then you have to refordge them again.

I found the snakes in the dry season, by exiting out to the west of the Nomad Village and then head a screen to the South. Follow the Eastern boundery until you come across them. The I would just run back to the village and to the same area, there would be about 4 snakes each time.
    Thanks! One other question: I haven't noticed an 'I want to buy a tournesol' option when dealing with merchants, so how do I tell the game that I want to buy one? Does an option appear after I sell the right ingredients to the merchant or do I have to do something like 'press R1 while you talk to the merchant, then press Circle and L2 in rapid succession, then let go of R1 exactly 2.7 seconds later while singing Don McLean's 'American Pie''?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Architect
    But always keep your items until you have them all.. There is a away to obtain the Tournesol with only using 2 High Arcana..Which is a very big relief as it made getting it much easier.
    And what way is that?

TS
    Last edited by Tequila Sunrise; 11-12-2008 at 08:54 AM.

One other question: I haven't noticed an 'I want to buy a tournesol' option when dealing with merchants, so how do I tell the game that I want to buy one? Does an option appear after I sell the right ingredients to the merchant or do I have to do something like 'press R1 while you talk to the merchant, then press Circle and L2 in rapid succession, then let go of R1 exactly 2.7 seconds later while singing Don McLean's 'American Pie''?
    Haha, No all you have to do is hit up up down down left right left right B A start.
    Ok all joking aside, all you have to do is just sell all of the ingerdiants at the same time and then go talk to the clan provisioner and see the bazaar goods, should be listed there, Cant remember the exact name for it.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast