Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FF X HD Remake has been announced!

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared FF X HD Remake has been announced! The Dark Crystal's Avatar

FF X HD Remake has been announced!

Not much information (None about the game either), but still I'm a bit excited. Wasn't my favorite FF game of all time, but I can assure you I will be picking it up just for old time sake. Still don't understand why they choose X out of the rest, but hey, beggars can't be choosers! Well I take that back, I have my theory.

Final Fantasy 10 HD Remake Coming To The PlayStation Vita And PlayStation 3 - G4tv.com

Since I'm not asking any questions, because obviously this is just an announcement thread, lets make this the official thread for open discussions about new information, and other things regarding to the FFX remake.

Thank you, come again!
    Last edited by The Dark Crystal; 09-14-2011 at 12:06 AM.
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

Re: FF X HD Remake has been announced!

They would make an HD Remake before the International Version for North America?
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Soup Kitchen Jerk. FF X HD Remake has been announced! Polk's Avatar

Well I just came in my pants.

But if they know what's good for them, they'll be including all that nice international stuff.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared FF X HD Remake has been announced! The Dark Crystal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    They would make an HD Remake before the International Version for North America?
    That's what I was thinking, but I bet this is going to be our international version (If you catch my drift), they just wanted to wait to squeeze that extra coinage outta us. That would also give a lot of us a good reason to buy the HD Remake. Just my opinion!
    Last edited by The Dark Crystal; 09-14-2011 at 12:53 AM.
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

Fueled by Coffee FF X HD Remake has been announced! Elise's Avatar

I think a lot of people, especially FFVII fans, are going to rage about this
    They just don't understand that it ain't gonna happen!

Every time Square Enix makes an announcement I can't help but wonder: What about Versus XIII? Seriously, they announced it over 5 years ago. I'm just curious if it has reached the dustbin.

I love X but I can't be excited with so few information, though it would be lovely to have it on my PS3, I hope they will add some updates and improvements to it =)

.............. FF X HD Remake has been announced! smurphy's Avatar

Im still holding out that they will release X-2 and XII along with it, thus releasing the most
    superlative package out of all the HD re-releases.

They could seriously make this game 50 times less cringeworthy by editing out Tidus's laughing. That was painful to watch. The option to skip cutscenes would be nice as well as the over-bloody-long tutorial sequences.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

^This. I'm kinda lukewarm on X, but if it has new content and the upscales look good, I'll bite.

The reason why they're doing X and not VII is that it's FAR easier and cheaper to upscale and polish a PS2 game rather then redrawn and do practically everything from scratch for an FFVII remake. Hell, Sony actually developed an "engine" of sorts for upscaling PS2 games which is why we're getting things like this now.

Boxer of the Galaxy FF X HD Remake has been announced! Rowan's Avatar

Fantastic news. Id love the portability of X. My vita is on pre-order so its good to hear that my favorite games will be available on it.

I know theyre remaking FF7 under our noses, so im not pissed off. Its only a matter of time. You honestly believe them when they say it will take 7 years? They create entire games from scratch in less than a couple of years. They already have the fundementals for locations, scenario, characters, world, battle system etc, dont be so naive.

The reason versus is taking a while to come out is because they've divided the staff into sections midway during the completion of versus and agito, and have the rest working on the FF7 remake. They already make the intro for it, they know what theyre doing. I dont have concrete evidence for this but the only reason they wouldnt remake FF7 is if they dont like money. The demand for a remake of FF7 is higher than any other game, they will not want to dissapoint. Much thought and care will be put into the remake and we'll probably see it in the next few years.

I've never played FFX, so I think waiting for this remake would be a perfect time to start it.

I'd love an FFIX HD remake. I mean, just better, clearer graphics, but keep everything else the same, like character models and whatnot. And keep voices out. I think if they remade IX, adding voiceovers would be really unnecessary.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

Out of all the Final Fantasies to remake, why X? Don't get me wrong, it is a terrific game but considering Square Enix has remade FF1 - 6 for different consoles, you'd think they would remake 7, 8 and 9 first.

Hmm, just a bit unusual that's all.

Registered User FF X HD Remake has been announced! Alex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elise View Post
    Every time Square Enix makes an announcement I can't help but wonder: What about Versus XIII? Seriously, they announced it over 5 years ago. I'm just curious if it has reached the dustbin.
    Square Enix confirmed that they are working 100% on versus and Type-O now since XIII-2 is 90% complete. Isn't that AWESOME NEWS!?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dream_Recluse View Post
    Out of all the Final Fantasies to remake, why X? Don't get me wrong, it is a terrific game but considering Square Enix has remade FF1 - 6 for different consoles, you'd think they would remake 7, 8 and 9 first.

Hmm, just a bit unusual that's all.
    As stated earlier, which is also my best guess is....

It's easier to make an HD remake of a PS2 game then a PS1 or even making the NES and SNES console into 3D or HD. Save more money to make more lol.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Square Enix confirmed that they are working 100% on versus and Type-O now since XIII-2 is 90% complete. Isn't that AWESOME NEWS!?
    It is, but when one considers the fact that they are remaking X for HD....it kind of worries me. They say they are working on Versus XIII, but then again why did they announce X's remake? Why not wait until AFTER VersusXIII and Type-0 are done?

In my opinion, Square keeps taking way too many projects at once. I'd rather them work on one, possibly two projects at a time and make sure they are done right rather than announce four or even five projects and just put something half-done out on the market.

Yes, Final Fantasy XIV i'm looking at you.

Let's face it - since Fabula Nova Crystallis has been announced, we've seen XIII, XIII-2, Versus XIII, Type-0, Final Fantasy XIV and now an FFX remake. All massive games and all taking a considerable amount of time to properly develop and create. I'm all for Square wanting to push the envelope in a financially tight market, but finish what you start before making promises to customers and leaving them disappointed.

You do realize that Square Enix isn't just some company of 20 programmers and developers. They have teams of people working on games.

FFXIV is an MMO, MMOs are always being updated, mostly always suck at release. They screwed it up though but it's still a game that will bring in profit to the company to make more teams for more games.

So far only XIV has made people mad. Which is usually expected from an MMO imo.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    You do realize that Square Enix isn't just some company of 20 programmers and developers. They have teams of people working on games.
    I know, but even still five games is a fair load to take on for the same group of programmers and developers. Not taking into account the other programmers and developers that work on other Square projects like the Star Ocean franchise (that is now ended) and a bunch of other games.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 FF X HD Remake has been announced! Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

Okay, I Totally Want Remakes Of Like Every Game FF Related To Come Out On A Home Entertainment Gaming System, So Whether It Is PS3, X-BOX 360, PS4, X-BOX 720, Or Whatever, I Don't Care, As Long As They Make HD Versions Of The Games, I'm Set For Life. I Want Them To Make HD Remakes, Cause I Believe All The Games I've Played So Far Were Good. It Would Just Be More Awesome If They Had Insane Graphics. I'm A Graphics Kinda Guy, So If It Looks Beautiful, I'm All Over That. All I want For The Remakes Is The Graphics To Be Improved, Thats It, Story Has To Stay The Way It Is, And Everything That Happens In The Game Should Look The Same, Just Better Graphics, And Like Using 3-D Characters Instead Of 2-D. That Would Be The Shiznit Right There. I Really Enjoyed FFX, So An HD Remake Is A Must For Me.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

The Brave FF X HD Remake has been announced!

Arrow Re: FF X HD Remake has been announced!

Sweet. FFX was one of my absolutely favourite games and I wonder how they are going to handle this game. I for example would like to see things such as Challenge Cloister of Trials, FFXIII like graphics and additional scenes with characters from X-2.

Registered User FF X HD Remake has been announced! Squall's Avatar

Really pumped for this. Haven't played FFX in years and hearing this news is nothing short of AWESOME

Signature courtesy of Elise
    My TFF Family:

My brother from down under: The_Dream_Recluse
    The coolest sister I could ask for: Chocobo_Lover17
    My nameless hero of a brother: Hero without a Name
    My Gunblade Wielding sister: R.Kyra
    My Brother, The Legendary Bad-Ass Ninja-Samurai War God Soul Reaper: Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima
    My supernatural obesssing sister: LadyWinchester
    My wonderful sister: eternity
    My brother and FFVIII loving Adopter: Robbo
    My one-of-a-kind sister: Bailax
    My awesome sister: angelmarie190515

is not a douche FF X HD Remake has been announced! Bubble Boy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elise View Post
    I think a lot of people, especially FFVII fans, are going to rage about this
    They just don't understand that it ain't gonna happen!

I love X but I can't be excited with so few information, though it would be lovely to have it on my PS3, I hope they will add some updates and improvements to it =)
    FVIII fans will be even more perturbed.
    8 really is more suited for HD.

I've never heard any FFVIII fan talk about an HD remake.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Registered User FF X HD Remake has been announced! Vogue Star's Avatar

Woop, woop! FFX is my fave, on par with FFIX, or course. I agree with the others, though. Wouldn't it make sense to start with 8 & 9? Seven can wait. It's had enough spin-offs etc in recent years. I don't eant SE to overkill it

Memento RK FF X HD Remake has been announced! Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Boy View Post
    FVIII fans will be even more perturbed.
    8 really is more suited for HD.
    Really? I'm with Loaf here. No one I have talked to had heard of a FFVIII HD remake, let alone even really wants one. I don't want them to touch that game. Unless they add more to it, I don't want them to touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vogue Star View Post
    Wouldn't it make sense to start with 8 & 9?
    No. Since it's easier to transfer data from a PS2 to the PS3 then it is to transfer data from the PS1 to the PS3, I don't see that happening. I see them remaking all of the ones for the PS2.

As for my thoughts, I really don't know. X is still rather fresh in my mind. If they were to make the remake, I would hope they would add something to it before I buy it. I played that game over and over and completed every aspect. If there's nothing new around a least a corner, I don't think it'll be worth it for me.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Quote Originally Posted by R.Kyra View Post
    If they were to make the remake, I would hope they would add something to it before I buy it. I played that game over and over and completed every aspect. If there's nothing new around a least a corner, I don't think it'll be worth it for me.
    Personally, i would really like it if they added chocobo breeding into the game. Since chocobos are relatively frequent in the course of the game, it would be a welcome addition. What else do you think they should add?
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

Memento RK FF X HD Remake has been announced! Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dream_Recluse View Post
    Personally, i would really like it if they added chocobo breeding into the game. Since chocobos are relatively frequent in the course of the game, it would be a welcome addition. What else do you think they should add?
    A surprise of sorts: New areas, better airship capabilities, something along those lines. Why make a game that's already been out for a while with absolutely nothing to look forward to? Sure, they can make money because of the fact that it'll be HD, but I don't have an HDTV or the like. It would be pointless for me to buy it if it had nothing new to offer.

If they decide to put X-2 with it as well, I might reconsider.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Registered User FF X HD Remake has been announced! Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My God, I don't even own a ps3 and I'm ****ing EXCITED. I will literally buy a ps3 just for this game. I know, that's stupid, but I've always wanted one anyway I just never got one, and now I have an extra reason.

I don't care that they're not remaking FFVII. **** FFVII Remake. Maybe Square are just trying to troll you.

Gamer Girl FF X HD Remake has been announced! Sakaea's Avatar

So freakin' excited for this! X has always been one of my favorites, and with PS3 graphics it will be even more amazing. I definitely think they should redo X-2 at the same time and put it out as a package deal. I hope they do XII as well, just so I can play VII-IX on the PS2, then switch to the PS3 for the rest of the games. I hope they come out with VII on PS3 soon tho, that would rock. VIII I don't think needs any changes at all, and IX would be epic on PS3.

final fantasy x is my favorite and the remake in HD will be awesome the graphics is going to be shit hot and with the graphics being supt up the game will sell really well. plus i'm going to get it when it come out the graphics will be great the cut scenes of the spring and the dance OMG and the aeon WOW its all going to be amazing when it come out and people play it they will be like amazed it will be mind blowing people will be staring with there mouths open and wide eyes like the amazed look. i just can't wait till it comes out.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! FF X HD Remake has been announced! Tallulah's Avatar

Y'know, as much as I am against pointless remakes (I took the Final Fantasy VII remake rumours with much disdain) I actually wouldn't mind this. If only for the simple reason that I can't find my PS2 copy of FFX, and the one I bought to replace it does not make it past the opening FMV because it is so dirty/scratched (that was the worst £10 I ever spent... )

This might even get me to buy a PS3. Hmmm...
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Nobody Shaves Me FF X HD Remake has been announced! Gummy's Avatar

I may buy this is we don't have to listen to Tidus talking in English. I'd rather not know what the heck he's saying. The guy just bugs me.

Are they really so cheap that they'd only put X on the disc? Give us FFX-2 international/Last Mission damns it! XII (international) on the disc with them would say "I love you." And I would reply with "I love you too, Square, you make me feel kinda funny inside"....

chocolateer FF X HD Remake has been announced! 01habbo's Avatar

Not to dampen everyone's excitement but it might not be a full remake, it could be a game just made for HD, where all the small details are just defined more and made much more clearer. Much like when Square release a bundle of past Lara Croft games in HD.They might add small things like letting the Americans finally have those extras that Europe got, like Penance and the dark Aeons, maybe even trophies aswell.

I'm not going to get too excited until I see how far they are going with this remake, FFX is one of my favourite games, so I'm resisting the urge to let my mind get carried away with this, but this remake might actually reopen the door with Spira, they might decide to then remake ffx-2 with last mission available to everyone. It could lead to a prequel? One can dream.

But most likely it is as I said it's probably not going to be a full remake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast