View Poll Results: Can Yuna and Lenne Sing?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 88.89%
  • No

3 11.11%

Thread: Do you think Yuna and Lenne can sing??

O Rly? Do you think Yuna and Lenne can sing?? Arch's Avatar

Do you think Yuna and Lenne can sing??

They were pretty good i just thought it was such a random thing to put into the game

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:
    My Brotha! and Best Friend Black Waltz

Huh? Of course they can sing. Yuna at least can when she wears the song-dress. Lenne was the one who wore it originally, so she is the one who can definitely sing. (Why else should she wear a singer's dress?) And when Yuna changes into the song-dress, then she of course can sing to, as she is... some kind of Lenne "reborn". You.. know what I mean. xD" I just can't put it into great words.

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

If they couldn't sing it'd be worrying... I don't think they could put in the soundtrack the vocals of drowning rats ^~.
    So all in all I thoroughly enjoyed the song, and the FMV was a nice touch. Intregrating the flashbacks with the concert was too an excellent idea. The FMV's were one of the plus points for X-2, despite the fact that there were very few.

Quality not quantity

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Oh you guys dont get me wrong ,i shouldve re phrased the question a little bit better, i DO think they sing great i heard some complaints about the randomness of the Music Vid though, i understand why they put it there to re unite spira in all its trouble, but some people didnt like the idea at all.

And Freya you bring up a good point it is really Lenne that can sing,since her soul kinda posseses the song dress, which i think is slightly creepy if you think about it like that,but i should have rephrased the question too " Do you think it was a good idea that Yuna and Lenne sang?"

sry for the misphrasing of the question

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:

Registered User Do you think Yuna and Lenne can sing??
    Yes, I think they can sing. Actually, I think that Jade Villalon/Jade Valerie from Sweetbox can sing. She's the one doing the actual singing.

I thought it was strange that off all the places in Spira to hold a concert where many people will attend, they decide that the Thunder Plains was the best choice.

WTF made them think that was the best place? I thought the Luca Stadium would have sufficed, but no. Let's have all the concert goers stand out in the rain while Yuna sings her pretty little song, and lighting crashes all around the plains.

And as far as the question goes about if I thought that it was a good idea if Yuna and Lenne sang, I have this to say:

Sure. Why not? This game is full of randomness, so why not the concert?
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Do you think Yuna and Lenne can sing?? Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    LOL No Shit Sherlock...Obviously they can sing...And they are pretty good Singers too. If they couldn't Sing Well...I would've Trashed my Disc...LOL

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

レイール★レイヴン Do you think Yuna and Lenne can sing?? SacredAngel13's Avatar
    ofcoz they can sing dude! what made u think they cannot sing?
    it's been very clear since the opening of the game, Yuna sang Real Emotion. right??
    BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER 初音ミク

B.A.U:

BANNER ARTIST UNITED

DAYUM I LEAVE FOR 3 YEARS AND THIS PLACE DIES Do you think Yuna and Lenne can sing?? Ethan Blitzball King's Avatar

Re: Do you think Yuna and Lenne can sing??

the dress sphreres only change the way someone looks not their abilities

Do the elements trust you? Do you think Yuna and Lenne can sing?? bahamuts heir's Avatar

If Lenne couldn't she wouldn't be famous for it.
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

people look at my comment i misphrased the question

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:

i never connect the song or the video with the story in FFX-2... I just think it reminds us all about the strong love yuna has for tidus from two years ago...

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared Do you think Yuna and Lenne can sing?? The Dark Crystal's Avatar

I thought it was strange that off all the places in Spira to hold a concert where many people will attend, they decide that the Thunder Plains was the best choice.

WTF made them think that was the best place? I thought the Luca Stadium would have sufficed, but no. Let's have all the concert goers stand out in the rain while Yuna sings her pretty little song, and lighting crashes all around the plains.
    I was wondering the same thing for quite some time, but if you remember at the end of the song the thunderstorm stops and the sky clears up. So I'm guessing that they wanted to have it their so they could add that last scene, and make it feel that much more epic with her stopping a storm that has never stopped before with just a song.

To the thread topic:

Yes I thought they could both sing very well, and I think the scene was added to give a background story on what happened to Lenne and how her & Yuna are similar. (I could be wrong though because I didn't finish this game)
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

I say no, because the whole idea of Yuna/ Lenne singing to begin with is the weirdest and most random thing I think I've ever seen in a game.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Those 2 people who voted no on this poll need their hearing checked. Both songs Kick Ass (A Thousand Words just edges it as my favourite though).

hey everyone yes they can sing and i think they both sound very beautiful.i love both songs and its jade from sweetbox and not hedi buress.

Badass Military Agent Do you think Yuna and Lenne can sing?? Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

I enjoyed that scene so much, I created a new save file just so I can relive it. Then I got the soundtrack and now I can hear it as many times as I want. Ah gotta love the originality of it..... (oh wait... remembers Opera Scene with Celes in FFIII)

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Registered User Do you think Yuna and Lenne can sing?? Zidane77's Avatar

I liked their singing but the intro song is kinda silly.
    But once you get into the game feeling it's kinda fun at times

Quote Originally Posted by Arch View Post
    Oh you guys dont get me wrong ,i shouldve re phrased the question a little bit better, i DO think they sing great i heard some complaints about the randomness of the Music Vid though, i understand why they put it there to re unite spira in all its trouble, but some people didnt like the idea at all.

And Freya you bring up a good point it is really Lenne that can sing,since her soul kinda posseses the song dress, which i think is slightly creepy if you think about it like that,but i should have rephrased the question too " Do you think it was a good idea that Yuna and Lenne sang?"

sry for the misphrasing of the question
    I'll answer for both forms of the question.

Whether or not either of them can sing should be placed on the Songstress Dressphere's purpose. As we know it came from a recording of Lenne who was a famous songstress of her time, it is easily established that she can sing. Yuna, on the other hand, derives her ability from the dressphere, which could easily mean she has no natural talent for singing herself. Her popularity in this respect could be seen as part of the shifting culture of Spira, which became much less traditional after Sinfall. It may in fact be that Spirans no longer considered augmented abilities like being able to sing due to a dressphere's power as being distinguished from a person's true capabilities so, in spite of Yuna's inability to sing, her using the dressphere to giver herself that talent was perfectly acceptable. I've actually developed a timeline of events that would link use of dresspheres to expand on one's own abilities to the Final Fantasy VII use of Materia for the same purpose.

As for why Yuna would sing for the people of Spira as a way of pacifying their aggressions, this can be seen early on in the game. Yuna can be manipulated by Lenne's emotions through the dressphere. And the Songstress' abilities in battle is to cause status effects and ability boosts, which is an in game representation of Lenne's Songstress powers. Her singing is literally able to affect others seen most exaggeratedly in the Thunder Plains becoming clear after the song. So it is a good idea. Lenne's power was used to pacify the warring factions. I will say, though, that I believe the "music video" they would see is more related to Lenne's pyreflies being a part of the dressphere, which sort of makes her an unsent and, as an unsent, she would have the ability to manipulate the pyreflies around her to show memories. With such powerful emotions driving her, Lenne was able to show the most important point in her life and, coincidentally, show the people watching the consequences of their continued fighting. While her song would have had the effect Yuna wanted of pacifying them, it was Lenne's memories that taught them that they needed to stop.

In terms of a game cinematic, though, I can see where people might be opposed to the decision. However, I'd also like to say that this was one of my favourite scenes in Final Fantasy X-2 and I don't think I would have been as much of a fan of it as I am without it. The scenes shown and the song play heavily in my fanfiction of this game, too. ^.~