Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Did Yuna turn into a SLUT?

Re: Did Yuna turn into a SLUT?

^ whoa sorry I like nice respectful girls and don't respect loud annoying undisciplined party girls. You're right it's only because I like to squash weak women under my shoe because thats all nice quiet girls are good for.... jesus...

You're right I totally support rapists and it's totally my intention to give them credibility (I'll specify the previous was sarcasm since it's not always obvious on the internet). Strippers act very sexual all the time but I don't think any should be raped, I don't respect them, but I still don't think they should all be raped. Even still, criminals act badly and they get treated badly in return even so far as getting the death penalty in some places. Not the best analog but certainly people should be held responsible for their actions and even words to some degree in almost any situation.

Can you obvious say that you have never heard the term slut used to describe an overly flirty or teasing woman/man? If not, I wish I lived in a world where people only used the most mechaniccal literal meaning (or do I? that may be real boring, you'll have to let me know). I've called people an asshole before does that mean I literally think they are a rectum? Even if asshole is stated as meaning a jerk somewhere do you think it was 50 years ago? Words have meanings according to the time and even area and many people (not just I) don't define sluts solely as someone who has sexual intercourse with many people in a relatively small time period.

Did Yuna turn into a woman who sleeps with multiple partners?: no
    Did she make a change for the worse that includes being loud, flirty and even ditsy to a degree that one could consider her to be "slutty": Yes definitely

And to specify since apparently this is an issue.
    Does she deserve to be molested, abused or raped: definitely not
    but I'm sure you will still think that I do in some way.
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Gingersnap Did Yuna turn into a SLUT? OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Your sexism escapes you and it is not my job to enlighten you. So by all means, enjoy.

Likening a stripper to a criminal who gets the death penalty is just weird.

I don't think a change in personality makes someone a slut. And your "oh it's not literal I just call flirty girls that" argument is also weird and demeaning and that whole argument can **** itself and all other ridiculous arguments (making it a slut).
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Yea your right I shouldn't take any offense to being basically called a rapist supporter (or maybe even having rapist intentions myself). I'm just an arrogant guy because I have an opinion on what I like in girl personalities.
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

Gingersnap Did Yuna turn into a SLUT? OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Didn't say you were a rapist. I'm saying the "she deserved it" attitude is a big reason why victims don't get taken seriously and actual rapists get away with rape.

ANYWAY. You can talk to me about this in a PM or a VM, but let's take the me and you out of Did Yuna turn into a SLUT.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Hewerya love...? Did Yuna turn into a SLUT? seanb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    Also. If you didn't mean "slut," don't say slut.
    I am sorry about this, I didn't intend to offend anyone, I have stated it before, I used in in a exaggerative/tabloid way. I thought people would see past it.

I honestly just wanted peoples views on whether they liked her change of appearance/personality (if there was one), or if they were dissapointed with it and prefered her in FFX.
    Last edited by seanb; 04-28-2011 at 05:56 AM.

chocolateer Did Yuna turn into a SLUT? 01habbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seanb View Post
    OK, the wrong end of the stick is beginning to be got

FFX - Yuna. (Polite, caring, thoughtful, respectful, calm, quiet, reserved, strong, determined.)

FFX-2 - Yuna. (Audacious, outgoing, talkative, hyperactive, giggily, flamboyant.)

My conclusion: 2 different characters.

The only reason the word 'slut' was used was because I thought it made a catchy title as I have stated.
    She became a stronger character not two different ones. Rikku had a very strong influence on her, the new personality traits have only been built upon the old, the old haven't just gone she still has them she's just grown as a character. Whether it's believeable or not is a different matter, but most of her ffx traits are still there.
    Polite, caring and thoughtful are all still there and very evident in ffx-2, she still deeply cares a for others and will be polite to higher authority still, I did not see her be rude to anyone in ffx-2.
    Respectful is not really a personality trait, and really it's just a personal opinion.
    Yuna is able to still keep calm when it is necessary, while Rikku tends to freak out over every problem Yuna will have a think, she is not as calm as she was in ffx-2 due to her confidence giving her that happy go lucky attitude, but she can be calm when it matters still.
    Quiet, is not a positive trait, you don't get heard, and you are not able to express yourself, it is a negative trait, although seen as sweet at first, it does not help when you want to join a conversation and find yourself pushed out. I speak from personal experience, and I fight against this trait in me everyday it's frustrating.
    Reserved, isn't that the same as quiet?
    Strong, Yuna is still very strong in FFX-2 infact I would say she was a stronger person due to her independence.
    Determined, she still has this trait too she's determined to not let the Eternal Calm fall and to protect her friends from harm.
    The traits you listed for ffx-2 are put on top of the traits she already had in ffx-2, the only thing that has gone in her ffx, is that she is not quiet and that is a good thing, wish I had some of her confidence.

Memento RK Did Yuna turn into a SLUT? Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dan, you want a whole new form of deep I don't even want to touch that. You are entitled to your own opinion, no matter how ****ed up it is.

All we're trying to say is that she is no a slut. On any counts. This thread has gone a wee bit too far.

As stated many times, if you didn't mean to put it in those words, don't put it in those words. They will be taken literally.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

The Bad Boy of TFF Did Yuna turn into a SLUT? Block's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan558 View Post
    Like I said she became the Lindsey Lohan of Spira and theres nothing to respect Lindsey Lohan for.
    Mean Girls is a hilarious movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisyn
    I can tell by looking at you right at this moment from the angle of through your window that you have nothing to be ashamed of
    CPC8: Makin' it happen.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Did Yuna turn into a SLUT? che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well honestly, she was going to sleep with Seymour even though she was interested in Tidus just for the fame.

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Quote Originally Posted by 01habbo View Post
    She became a stronger character not two different ones. Rikku had a very strong influence on her, the new personality traits have only been built upon the old, the old haven't just gone she still has them she's just grown as a character. Whether it's believeable or not is a different matter, but most of her ffx traits are still there.
    Polite, caring and thoughtful are all still there and very evident in ffx-2, she still deeply cares a for others and will be polite to higher authority still, I did not see her be rude to anyone in ffx-2.
    Respectful is not really a personality trait, and really it's just a personal opinion.
    Yuna is able to still keep calm when it is necessary, while Rikku tends to freak out over every problem Yuna will have a think, she is not as calm as she was in ffx-2 due to her confidence giving her that happy go lucky attitude, but she can be calm when it matters still.
    Quiet, is not a positive trait, you don't get heard, and you are not able to express yourself, it is a negative trait, although seen as sweet at first, it does not help when you want to join a conversation and find yourself pushed out. I speak from personal experience, and I fight against this trait in me everyday it's frustrating.
    Reserved, isn't that the same as quiet?
    Strong, Yuna is still very strong in FFX-2 infact I would say she was a stronger person due to her independence.
    Determined, she still has this trait too she's determined to not let the Eternal Calm fall and to protect her friends from harm.
    The traits you listed for ffx-2 are put on top of the traits she already had in ffx-2, the only thing that has gone in her ffx, is that she is not quiet and that is a good thing, wish I had some of her confidence.
    Firstly, I'd like to say I admire all of these observations But I dissagree with a few.

This bit is a personal thing with me: If I was Tidus, (which you kind of are, in a sense in FFX) and I met Yuna, and experienced/shared the whirlwind of events with her (from X), and returned two years later to find a changed woman, I of course would be disappointed. I don't like it when people change to match their new friends/lifestyle.

Was it a good change? No. It would have been a good change, but it was much too drastic. I do agree Yuna could have become more out-going. But she was confident enough in X, and had a great sense of maturity and was very composed, which I personally admire.
    Without sounding petty, I never mentioned the word rude, as for 'respectful', I guess I took into account her 'girly-teenagery-fun' moments in X-2 in contrast to her maturity in X. 'respectful' may be representative of her clothing in X. (calm down everyone!!)

I would disagree with 'quiet' being a negative trait. I too would consider myself a quiet person, but if I want to say something, I certainly don't hesitate to make myself heard. But I'm no blabbermouth. I thought Yuna was like this in X. I would say 'reserved' is related to 'quiet' but not exactly the same. A reserved person finds it hard to open up straight away about their personal private things/thoughts.
    True, Yuna is still very strong in X-2.
    She was determined in X-2. Although I would admire Yuna's determination far more in X than X-2.

Oh yea (just curious)
    -In which game do you prefer Yuna?
    -Which game is your favorite (X or X-2)?
    I would appreciate if everyone could answer this

Quote Originally Posted by R.Kyra View Post
    All we're trying to say is that she is no a slut. On any counts. This thread has gone a wee bit too far.

As stated many times, if you didn't mean to put it in those words, don't put it in those words. They will be taken literally.
    I have apologised numerous times already. I was wrong. Can we please move on?
    Last edited by seanb; 04-28-2011 at 04:29 PM.

chocolateer Did Yuna turn into a SLUT? 01habbo's Avatar

Yeah I agree Tidus would be shocked to see the change, but it looks like he is pleased with her change.

I agree in some instances she was very confident of herself, and very sure of what to do, but in some instances her lack of confidence let her down, she was maive to think that Seymore would just let her send him or confess to his crimes. When you travel through the thunder planes you can see she is very unconfident and unsure of what she is doing. She didn't have the confidence to share her problems with her friends.

Sorry I just related being not respectful to rude, my bad that was an assumption.

Being unconfident and quiet go hand in hand, and that was the negative trait I was trying to point out, but that is only my personal opinion. I do think she wanted to tell her friends in the thunder planes about her reasons for her actions but didn't have the confidence to do so and kept quiet. You can see how uncomfortable she is as you travel through.

Hard question but since i believe her traits are built upon I would say ffx-2 Yuna . But my favourite game is ffx for the story.

Boxer of the Galaxy Did Yuna turn into a SLUT? Rowan's Avatar

Was it a good change? No. It would have been a good change, but it was much too drastic. I do agree Yuna could have become more out-going. But she was confident enough in X, and had a great sense of maturity and was very composed, which I personally admire.
    Without sounding petty, I never mentioned the word rude, as for 'respectful', I guess I took into account her 'girly-teenagery-fun' moments in X-2 in contrast to her maturity in X. 'respectful' may be representative of her clothing in X. (calm down everyone!!)
    (im not using spoiler brackets, so just stop reading if you havnt played the game)

I believe the reason why people are viewing her differently is because in FFX, she was always fighting, despite her being rather reserved and quiet, Fighting just so she could sacrifice her own life for the rest of spira to give them 10 years of peace. Even though she was trying to mask her sadness and fear with determination. It was her nobility that we all admired.

In ffx-2, there was no nobility. It was though it had been swapped for some sort of childish "i want spheres" "we take what we want" attitude. It was just in her words and movements, but in some of her facial expressions as well. I also agree with a quote I read earlier but forgot who wrote it, It was about hating how people change so drastically because of others. It is true that we are a culmination of everyone we have met, but to see Yuna go from a noble . self sacrificing martyr, to a bouncy giggling little girl was quote the shock.

Quote Originally Posted by 01habbo View Post
    Yeah I agree Tidus would be shocked to see the change, but it looks like he is pleased with her change.

I agree in some instances she was very confident of herself, and very sure of what to do, but in some instances her lack of confidence let her down, she was maive to think that Seymore would just let her send him or confess to his crimes. When you travel through the thunder planes you can see she is very unconfident and unsure of what she is doing. She didn't have the confidence to share her problems with her friends.

Sorry I just related being not respectful to rude, my bad that was an assumption.

Being unconfident and quiet go hand in hand, and that was the negative trait I was trying to point out, but that is only my personal opinion. I do think she wanted to tell her friends in the thunder planes about her reasons for her actions but didn't have the confidence to do so and kept quiet. You can see how uncomfortable she is as you travel through.

Hard question but since i believe her traits are built upon I would say ffx-2 Yuna . But my favourite game is ffx for the story.
    Yes. I cant complain with any of this, you have a very valid opinions, and our difference only comes down to personal preference

Its doubtful that there would be many people who would prefer X-2 as a game, I prefer X also, (but most definitely enjoyed X-2 also), and I do like Yuna in both games, but much prefer her in X.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfighter View Post
    (im not using spoiler brackets, so just stop reading if you havnt played the game)

I believe the reason why people are viewing her differently is because in FFX, she was always fighting, despite her being rather reserved and quiet, Fighting just so she could sacrifice her own life for the rest of spira to give them 10 years of peace. Even though she was trying to mask her sadness and fear with determination. It was her nobility that we all admired.

In ffx-2, there was no nobility. It was though it had been swapped for some sort of childish "i want spheres" "we take what we want" attitude. It was just in her words and movements, but in some of her facial expressions as well. I also agree with a quote I read earlier but forgot who wrote it, It was about hating how people change so drastically because of others. It is true that we are a culmination of everyone we have met, but to see Yuna go from a noble . self sacrificing martyr, to a bouncy giggling little girl was quote the shock.
    This, also is accurate in my eyes

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think "slut" is a little too far. It's not like she was wrapping her legs around all the men she came into contact with.

I think in FFX, she was trying to be the girl everyone wanted her to be. She had a lot to live up to because her father was a summoner who defeated Sin. I also believe she knew or thought that defeating Sin meant deleting her life from the world. It's a lot to carry on your shoulders. I don't even think her friends all helped that much either. Wakka and Lulu were always arguing, Kimahri was always so quiet and very protective, and Tidus just constantly made a fool of himself. I'd not feel that comfortable around them.

In FFX-2, she had much more freedom. She didn't have a weight on her shoulder like before, and had a job with the Gullwings and hunted spheres in the hope it'd bring her Tidus back.

The entire game was very girly. Girly doesn't always mean slutty though.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Live your life the way you want to. Did Yuna turn into a SLUT? Zidane-Tribal's Avatar

"Slut" is not the term I would use for her, to be honest.
    I think partly the reason for her dramatic change in X-2 is that she doesn't have all that responsibility on her shoulders to bring the Calm anymore since she bought the eternal Calm to everyone. She could finally be herself.
    You don't need a reason to help people : Zidane Final Fantasy 9

is not a douche Did Yuna turn into a SLUT? Bubble Boy's Avatar

Never played this FF. Is it true that Yuna also turned into a lesbian?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Boy View Post
    Never played this FF. Is it true that Yuna also turned into a lesbian?
    Nope.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

___________ Did Yuna turn into a SLUT? Kyreaan's Avatar

It's obvious that Yuna's sex appeal was astronomically boosted since X, but did everyone approve of this, or do we prefer the delicate, innocent respectable looking Yuna from X?

I was personally a little disapointed with her, she had changed so much, a completely different person
    ...and she left The Final Fantasy before I could RP Battle her. Seriously. Yuna headed the RP threads, but then she disappeared.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

Nobody Shaves Me Did Yuna turn into a SLUT? Gummy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    Ugh gross. The misogyny in this thread is ****ing disgusting and you all should be ashamed.

One's attitude does not make a woman a slut, nor does her clothing. It may make her obnoxious to you or perhaps inappropriately dressed, but it does NOT make her slut or worthless. Your attitude, however (Dan in particular), does feed directly into the rape culture so prevalent today which supports the idea that because a woman dresses or acts a certain way, she deserves whatever abuse she gets, be it verbal, sexual, or physical, because after all, she's a slut.

Also. If you didn't mean "slut," don't say slut.

Agreed. I think Seanb was just being lazy when he used that word, though. No offense, Seanb.

* I've not played 10-2 in years, so I could be wrong about some things.
    *only skim read the other replies.

As for Yuna...I gotta admit her new look was disappointing, but mainly becuase she did seem pretty different. I don't think she was any less caring, though. That seems harsh.

She did play a big part in saving the day again, it might have been just becuase she was seeking Tidus, but that seems hard to believe. I'm sure she would have helped save everybody regardless of what she was looking for. ^^

In the end, I didn't have a problem with the big changes to Yuna. You just got used to them. As for her clothes, lots of lasses on Spira are dressed in a revealing way. It's a hot place. No big deal.

Spoiler:
    And the song at the start wasn't even sung by her....what's this about being a pop artist? She does sing a song later, but it was to cheer people up, or something? I don't remember.

Immortality

Somehow she became one...but I like her new stlye.
    In FFX Yuna was my fave character. It's nice to see "people" changes.

If it's a good thing...tidus will know it

Yuna is ok with her new look and she went from a summoner with a staff to a tomb raider with two pistols lmao. when i first played 10-2, i thought i was playing a charlie angel game instead of a final fantasy game haha lmao xD

Registered User Did Yuna turn into a SLUT? NeoAquarius12's Avatar

I think there's a little too much thought going into this idea. haha. I mean, she definitely wasn't a slut. Clearly, I know that's not what was meant (after reading above statements), but that's just something that I think really needs to be said again. haha.

The change is a little drastic, but I don't think it's unnatural. In FFX, Yuna was quiet and a little reserved and trying to break out of her shell, but the world's HEAVIEST burden was on her. I mean, she was only a teenager, but she was expected to save the world by sacrificing herself. Then Tidus came along and changed all that. He made her journey memorable and full of laughter which both excited and tormented her. After she finds out that she has saved Spira and no longer has the burden of summoner any more, and with Rikku being her lead ally, the change into a Gullwing was kind of natural. She still has her curious and heroic side, but is now free to explore her teenage years with excitement. I mean, it's not what I expected to happen. But she was pretty exciting!... and she was still damn sexy in that Gunner dressphere!

Yuna better in X simple as that for me!

Ifollowrivers

Yuna was meant to represent the change from traditional to modern and the confusion that transition can have on a person.

In FFX the most prominent dynamic of the relationship between Yuna and Tidus was the balance they gave each other. One can notice how Tidus goes from being rather self-centered to a man who sacrifices himself for Spira and Yuna. He learned this from Yuna. He learned to think things through, to be a little less aggressive and more thoughtful. Yuna learned to be more assertive and less obedient. She learned this from Tidus. They both become more like each other and in doing so, bring about a way to defeat sin; with Tidus learning of sacrifice and Yuna learning of defiance and assertion.

In FFX-2 we have Yuna who now has her whole life ahead of her after spending her years growing up, thinking she would die young. She is confused. She is no longer bound by duty. She wants to live a normal life, but she knows little of how to do so. She doesn't know how to be anymore. She spent her whole life being taught to be polite, being taught to be obedient and follow Yevon.

It is Tidus and Rikku (non-Yevonites) who teach her a different way. She looks to Rikku on how to act and be normal. Rikku is not the most refined person. Yuna just wants to be light without burden and without ever being used again. She is scared of that and tries too hard to remain normal and free-spirited. We see her struggle with being happy and light with her true self: a woman who cannot let others suffer and who will die to protect them.

Her problem is that she no longer accepts regret and the pain she felt two years ago. She tries desperately to find a way to avoid that because Tidus taught her to always look at things from a different view. Never settle for the solution where you have to lose in order to win.

Instead, she tries this new life style trying to turn what he taught her into practice. She is not air-headed. She simply never lead a life outside of what the teachings allowed her. Now she is trying to discover herself.

Tidus loves Yuna for Yuna. She is still the same woman. She has the same heart. In fact, she's more like him now and him more like her.

And a woman is not a slut for dressing how she chooses or for partying or being more free-spirited. A hate that word lol. It bothers me that men are rarely called a slut for doing the same thing. I doubt anyone calls Tidus a slut in dissidia where he walks around shirtless.
    Last edited by Ifollowrivers; 06-21-2012 at 09:24 PM.

I wouldon't use the word slut thats a bit to strong for me. I do like yuna in ffx don't get me wrong but i perfure yuna in ffx-2. In the beginning of the real emoution cut scene Where fake yuna is in the songtress derss sphere lol xD coming from me i shoulod not say this really but i think that dress sphere is a sexy outfit. In the first chapter of ffx-2 when you see the real yuna daning uncontrollerbly i think yuna looks very atractive in the songstress sphere. If you were to ask any males on here i bet some of them would think yuna in ffx-2 is better then she was in ffx. I love the skinny dipping scenes in ffx-2 i find that very funny every time i play it. I don't think rikku influanced yuna dress wise. Mabe in the sence of being more independant. Does any one know the story behind ffx-2 if not i will tell you The reason why yuna bcame a sphere hunter was because kimahri found a sphere on mt gagazet that showed someone with a resemblance to tidus and thats why yuna became a sphere hunter hoping tofind out more about what exactly what happened to tidus after he disappeared in ffx. I agree with that person who said that yuna does not have any more responsibilities like she did when she was on her pilgrimage And she is also not being watched constently by her guardins particulary lulu wakka and auron.

Magically Delicous Did Yuna turn into a SLUT? Merlin's Avatar

Let us think about the president of the United States for a moment shall we? Every move he makes is analyzed, scrutinized, recorded, and fed to the public on a platter. All day every day he's on the clock. He doesn't get a day off from work. Even the days that are technically days off really aren't. He can't go to a strip club and hang out with the boys.

Yuna was raised as a religious figurehead for the world of Spira. Throughout FFX she was always on the job. People expected to see a well-mannered, respectable girl who upheld the beliefs of Yevon in every part of her life. She fulfilled her role with grace, putting the needs of Spira above her own. Even after the Calm, she continued to put the people of Spira before herself.

I think most of us act differently at work than we do when we are with friends. That is unless you have a really laid back job. If you have a formal job you have to dress a certain way, act a certain way, etc. When you are with your friends you can just have fun.

When Yuna finally decided to resign her position as political/religious figure is it any surprise that her fun side finally came out? Not to me. She was sheltered from opportunities for so long it was like a kid in a candy store. I can wear clothes like THAT? You sure can!

Heck, people I work with are often surprised when they see the "real me". At work I'm super professional, quite, reserved, and filter everything I say. When I hang out with friends I am more outgoing, do impressions of stereotypes, can turn any phrase into a dirty reference, etc. It's like a totally different person.

“We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin.”
    ― Andre Berthiaume

Boxer of the Galaxy Did Yuna turn into a SLUT? Rowan's Avatar

I tend to disagree with you Merlin in the sense that I see Yuna become Immature. After everything she went through, an incredible loss of friends and loved ones, her father, everything, she is now acting like an immature little girl. People dont get immature as they get older and go through experiences, its actually the opposite. To see her go from a respectable honest Martyr to a bubbly bouncy little girl is not how I could have ever pictured her being, despite the state that the world was in. She was wreckless in X-2, she was making decisions that someone with her past experiences shouldn't have been making.

this was funny reading

The directors of the firm hired
    to continue the credits after the
    previous people had been sacked,
    wish it to be known that they
    themselves have just been sacked.

The credits have been completed
    in an entirely different style, at
    great expense and at the last minute.
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."

So this topic happened about seven years ago, but it was recently revived so, as I wasn't around for this back when it was active, I feel I could still be allowed to offer my view on the subject.

I had never thought this topic would garner such strong opinions and, though it had been a divisive move on Square's part to change Yuna and Rikku's attire for this sequel, I thought anyone who'd played the game wouldn't hold on to this superficiality based around their wardrobe. However, after reading the various posts here, I've realised appearance perhaps played a large part in narrowing players' ability to perceive her updated character to its fullest. Additionally, I feel that the localisation might have played a negative role in reinforcing those more subjective views on her character.

I've had the fortune to have played the original Japanese of both games and I will say that I am no fan of the English localisation of most Final Fantasy games. *They really improved during the Fabula Nova Crystallis project* Take the line "Dilly Dally Shilly Shally" from Advent Children for an example of why I loathe the localisations as much as I do. Spoken by multiple characters, this line is the localised form of the original Japanese line, "drifting," which was used by Tifa and Aeris to describe Cloud's change of character following the events of VII and after contracting the Stigma. In Final Fantasy X-2, not only were several lines of dialogue changed to fit what I suppose could have been an executive's perception of what better suited western audiences, but also the overall attitude presented by the characters changed as a result.

One drastic change I have often pointed to is that in both crucial moments where her line is localised as "I love you" what Yuna actually says is "thank you." Thank you to both Tidus at the end of X and Shuyin at the end of X-2 on behalf of Lenne. Neither of those times was the notion of conveying love more important than showing appreciation. While it may not seem very different for western audiences, this change alters what the scenes mean. In Final Fantasy X, in the original Japanese version, Yuna is subdued. She believes whole-heartedly that her life was a price that her father used his own life to pay and her pilgrimage was how she intended to repay that debt. She couldn't see any alternative to this destiny. Saying thank you to Tidus in the end was to show her appreciation that he was the one person able to free her from those shackles. She could say "I love you" at any point she wanted. They'd already made it fairly clear how the two felt about one another. But it was the thank you that illustrated the entire theme of Final Fantasy X, becoming freed from the eternal spiral of death and hopelessness. *Note: This is why Spira is named as such.*

Speaking of which, this is why Yuna was not actually strong-willed or determined in this game despite putting on a very brave facade. This can be seen throughout the game but most clearly in the Macalania scene. In the English version it is not quite obvious enough and since Suteki Da Ne wasn't translated at all, the subtle context from the song's lyrics are lost on western audiences, as well. Reading the translated text of this song which plays during that scene will clearly illustrate how long and how hard Yuna's been hiding her true emotions and will to live. In this scene she cries and through the song it is seen that this is Yuna's breaking point, when all the lies she's told herself to keep up her courage have lost their appeal and she can't use them to comfort herself anymore. It is also during this scene that Tidus resolves to find any way to save her. Her true determination only presents itself in this game after Yunalesca tells the group that there was only ever one way to stop Yu Yevon. She honestly accepts her fate and is committed to protecting Spira from Sin. And that's why her gratitude towards Tidus at the end becomes so much more important and what would lead her to her change of character in X-2. She didn't want to die. She spent her life believing that it was a debt owed to others so she didn't dare think about what it could be if she lived. And even when her true determination only took her as far as accepting that she still had to die, it was Tidus' unwavering determination, his audacity against what was even possible *a few times during this game he's called immature and childish* that finally saved her.

Cue Final Fantasy X-2. Now she's much more determined. She's much more unwavering. She's adopting the characteristics she respected in Tidus, the characteristics that spat in the face of supposed destiny. And by the end of this game, we see this to its fullest. Now it is other characters that are considering acceptable losses. Nooj means to kill Baralai and himself to force Shuyin to go without a host. Shuyin himself is almost a foil of Tidus as he's lost so much hope and faith in the world that he means to end it all. This time it's Yuna that rejects any kind of sacrifice play and this leads to a perfect ending. *if you get to that perfect ending, but even the normal ending is better than what Nooj had planned*

Now, if you get to that Good Ending cutscene you get Tidus. As they are running, he holds back so she can keep up only for her to overtake him. She even shows a more assertive expression before she does so to further convey that she's stronger than before. This is the general theme of X-2 where previously Yuna would have held back, she'd be more reserved and accepting of her circumstances, now she is uncompromising and assertive. *I believe this is where haboo got the "quiet is a negative trait" from. In X, she quietly accepts the cost of her pilgrimage and then Seymour's proposal and finally, Yunalesca's admission of what the Final Summoning is.*

Now in both versions her wardrobe does change to be more revealing and the tone of the early game is very light-hearted to the point of girlish antics. This is sort of an exaggeration for the purposes of the narrative. Spira for the first time in generations is free from the depressing pilgrimage and devastation by Sin. There's almost a rebellion against old conservative ideals meant to pacify Sin especially considering the fallout of Yevon after it is revealed that the entire religion was a farce. *Even more so if you've read my fanfiction, Eternal Love. #shamelessplugftw xD* As such, Spira undergoes a dramatic shift towards liberalising itself. This is shown from the popularity of the Youth League and success of both Gippal's Machine Faction and Rin's research initiative. Of course, who is at the epicenter of this revolution but the very summoner who made it happen? While her morality doesn't shift as much, her ideals were based on lies and she's actively rejected them. *Remember that you get completion points for choosing the Youth League not New Yevon* Let's also not forget that in these two years between the fall of Sin and Final Fantasy X-2 she's a teenager. Under normal conditions these years are the most fluid for people and she's experiencing these years during a time a great change in the world. It shouldn't come as a surprise how much she's willing to deviate from what she's known, conservative wardrobe and attitude and all.

However, before that should lead you to say she's actively becoming a "slut" as a show of her new found liberation, let's not forget that this game has many garments for each character. If we look beyond the Gunner outfit, most of Yuna's other dresspheres are more conservative than either of her two team mates. In my opinion, the most revealing outfits actually belong to Paine. Just look at what she wears in Full Throttle. Rikku might show part of her thong as a Thief and only wear a bikini top, but Paine wears just red strips of fabric across her whole body. Then there's also Donna and Leblanc to consider or even Yunalesca from the previous game who was one of the most respected summoners in Spiran history. What was her default attire?

Thinking about that, it is entirely possible that Yuna's summoner garb was a direct result of her devotion to the Yevon religion and is highly irregular dress for the average Spiran. Now that she's rejected it in X-2, she's no longer dressed for the part so the regular Spiran girl option would be more halter top and shorts and less kimono. We can also see this in old Spira in scenes depicting Zanarkand. Following Sinfall, not only were Spirans inclined to reject Yevon, but there was a movement towards reviving the Machina City era of the planet. With sphere hunters tracking down and revealing how Spirans lived in the old days, perhaps the form of dress also made a return to prominence.

In the end, I feel it is more about relative social norms and individual character that should define whether or not someone has become a "slut" and not only the considerations of one society about another.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast